shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Vendors Discounts & Price Match

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I know that most vendors give a small discount for paying with a bank wire vs. credit card/check. However, I have been unable to locate information about discounts given to Pricescope members as well as which vendors (if any) will price match. Can any consumer or vendor with this information enlighten me by providing the vendor''s name and discount given for being a Pricescope member or whether or not that particular vendor had a price match policy? I appreciate it!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hello LLL,

Whiteflash Discounts

1. When a customer contacts us and mentions that they found us on PriceScope they get the advertised PriceScope price if they pay with a wire (the precise amount discounted depends on the item purchased).
This is our strongest discount.

2. If the customer did not find us on PS but elects to pay with a wire we offer a standard wire discount of 2%, taken off the price that is listed on the Whiteflash website.

The discounts cannot be combined, it is one or the other. The PS discount is typically the most desirable.

Price Matching represents a balance between the item being considered and services offered (things like online images, custom work photographs, letter of verification, secure shipping, warranty, buy-back, lifetime trade-up & similar purchase benefits), and is considered on a case by case basis.

I hope this is helpful. Feel free to call in and speak to someone for further clarification.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some vendors will price match when the stone in question is part of a data base and listed on thousands of sites. Some vendors post only a few stones that they own or have physically in their establishments and will have posted their "best shot" price. Some vendors offer a discount to Pricescopers and some still post their "best shot" price for every one. (That is my personal preference, one price fits all)

It is a good question, but one that might have many answers for many different reasons, and sometimes the slightly higher price might be the better value for reasons such as John lists above. I believe that Jonathon at GOG will offer you a slightly lower price if you do not want all the "stuff" that he provides, provided you ask for it before he does all the "stuff". Personally, as a shopper buying a sight unseen diamond, I think I would prefer to pay a few dollars more for a diamond with the pictures and other information readily available, but then again that is why Baskin and Robbins make 31 flavors.

Wink

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the clarification John and Wink! You have certainly provided some insight!
34.gif

Rida

Dazed and Confused

Rough_Rock
I don't think it's always a straight across the board policy. For example, I have been searching for a diamond in the 2+ cts range and contacted a number of vendors. With each vendor, I asked about a discount for PS members. A number of vendors offered a bank wire discount, but none gave an additional discount for mentioning PS. My guess is that it has to do with supply and demand. The diamonds I inquired about are short in supply and high in demand - hence no need to give an additional discount. Good advice that I read from the another post on PS is "always ask, but not be upset if the answer is no."
1.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2005 12:28:42 AM
Author: Dazed and Confused
Good advice that I read from the another post on PS is ''always ask, but not be upset if the answer is no.''
1.gif

That is good advice....but is it ''OK'' to be disappointed if the answer is no?
31.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And that is great advice. Asking nicely while working with a vendor on a large or multiple stone purchase will usually yield something for your efforts. Asking or demanding rudely may get you a reverse discount...

Wink

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2005 1:04:18 PM
Author: rockslover

LLL,
i didn''t say i received an additional discount because i was from pricescope.
Hey RL, I''m not sure I understand this comment, I did not say that you received the discount because you are a PS member, or maybe you are just clarifying from your previous post? Either way I understand, and I think it makes sense that a vendor will have a greater propensity to work with a customer on price when the customer is purchasing a large ticket/multiple items. Thanks for the clarification though!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I get it! Thanks RL! Glad you had such a wonderful experience!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In reality, there is no "wire transfer" discount. The wire transfer price (Casher''s ceck, or cash) is the money that the vendor feels it must have.

Most people forget that credit cards are not free. Credit card companies charage the vendors a percentage of the purchase price as a "processing fee".

Thus the "normal" price, which almost everyone sees it the price that has been marked up to cover the credit card processing fee. Since the vast majority of peopel shop with credit cards that is reasonable. For those that shop with cash, you do not have to pay the CC processing fee.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results