shape
carat
color
clarity

PS prices for upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a thread on this topic yesterday but don''t seem to be able find it, not sure what''s happened to it (?!).

Just wondering how PS prices work? Are the PS discount and wire discount applicable to upgraded diamonds or only those that are new (ie. first time) purchases with a PS vendor?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking it''s probably best if you ask the vendor in question as each of their upgrade policies probably differ slightly.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I upgraded with Whiteflash I did get the PS discount, but the value of the original stone was the price I paid after the PS discount I got when I bought it. Does that make sense?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 8:02:06 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I''m thinking it''s probably best if you ask the vendor in question as each of their upgrade policies probably differ slightly.
Thanks for your reply. I did ask the vendor and they say that the PS and wire discounts do not apply to upgraded items, only new items. This would result in me paying several more thousand dollars on the upgraded diamond!
7.gif

I feel v. unhappy about this because had I known this beforehand, I''d never have bought from this vendor in the first place.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 8:11:24 AM
Author: Maisie
When I upgraded with Whiteflash I did get the PS discount, but the value of the original stone was the price I paid after the PS discount I got when I bought it. Does that make sense?
Thank you, Maisie. I was hoping you would reply since I know you upgraded several times with WF.

It does make perfect sense and that was what I was expecting.

My vendor for the upgrade is NOT WF and I wish I'd gone with them instead. I feel like I'm being punished for being loyal to *this* vendor (purchased twice from them and it is the second purchase that I'm having trouble upgrading to a third purchase with). The price on the third purchase is about $3-4k more expensive that several others, including WF.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can not answer for others, but I know that with all Infinity Diamonds we give the purchase price towards the purchase of a new diamond, and we include all discounts towards the new diamond. I suspect that many of the vendors here do that, although obviously whoever you used does not.

Wink

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 8:11:24 AM
Author: Maisie
GOG did this for me as well. I got my wire discount in addition to getting the full value of my original purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results