shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk- yay for the new ring. we def. want to see pictures!!

puffy-I would probably go ahead and enroll B and move him next year. It''s not ideal but since he''s too young to get into the one you really want at least he''d be going someone. It is true that it''s nice to keep kids in the same familiar places but kids usually adapt so easily to changes, much easier the younger they are. my oldest went to the same pre-school for 2 years, then switched for K. we moved to Indy where she went to a new school again for 1st grade and back here to yet another school for 2nd. she has done fine. she''s smart and friendly and fit right in every where we went. the way you describe B, my guess he''s be absolutely fine if you did end up moving him. The sad thing for my oldest is we will probably still move one more time into our forever house so she will end up switching schools yet again and I really don''t like the thought of that after 4 or 5 grade b/c I do think ther are more social challenges etc. I''ve also been thinking about home school down the road so that may solve that problem for me though. Anyway, just my .02
1.gif

So, I''ve played around with Jake''s bedtime this week to see if moving him later would help him sleep later and....nope. he is up now regularly at 5:00am, everyday
24.gif

I hope all the mommies have a great sat.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few pics of the Kade band. I will take new ones when my hands aren''t swollen and yucky looking and start a thread in SMTR but until then, I wanted to share with my mommy friends.

Oh, Snlee, the band is for my right hand and I can only wear it on my left so no such luck on my rings still fitting. Had to retire my e-ring about a week and a half ago!
7.gif

kadeband.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Another...these are really bad pics, but you guys get the idea!
2.gif

kadeband2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

kadeband1.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Burk, it''s beautiful! They look perfect together! I love it! Bumber about the rings but you''ll get to wear them very very soon!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Just poppin in to say

CONGRATS SNLEE
36.gif
Wow, lots of us are preggers on this thread now. Fun!

and Burk, i LUV the Kade ring. How perfect is it that you get rings in 2 colors.
1.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
congrats snlee!! here''s to a happy, healthy nine (10 months)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I LOVE your ring for Kade! What a great find!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Love your Kade ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I posted in the other thread but will say it again I LOVE your Kade ring. It really is beautiful and looks great with your Tayva ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Tessa''s new phrase is "maybe not." She uses it very sarcastically. She has this cheap golf set (walmart) and she broke the handle off. She asked me to fix it and I did but accidently put it on backwards. She took it and said "oh thank you! Thank you mommy!" then examined it and whispered "maybe not."
23.gif
So I thought that was a fluke. Then today I told her we were going to McD''s for lunch (we were running a bunch of errands) and we left the shopping center with the McD''s we USUALLY go to. She was chanting "chicken, apples, milk" and when she saw we were leaving she said "maybe not." Haha. That girl cracks me up. I had to explain to her we were going to a different McD''s. She was so confused.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-that is hilarious! T is a smarty pants for sure. Jake''s new word that he has known for a while but now he''s saying it all the time is "mine" When my dog comes anywhere near him when he''s eating he says "no, Zoe, Mine" or the other night my oldest was taking cheerio''s out of his bag and he just keep saying "no Chlo, mine" and she''d just keep doing it b/c she thought it was funny hearing him correct here. well today we were on our couch in the playroom at 5;00 am and got up to change the dvd and when I moved he hopped into my spot look at me and said "mine." he though it was pretty fun to take my spot an claim it as his own. so far he''s not said it in a mean way but I''m sure it''s coming. when my girls went through that stage I always corrected them and said "it''s mine to share." anyway, love the "maybe not"....too cute!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
burk: love your Kade ring!!! its stunning =D..i still haven't posted pics of K's Beverly K ring that i got! I'm so bad =) but love the two rings stacked..

LIA: your post cracked me up...your little one will be JUST fine! as mothers we always worry when we see another kid whose the same age (or younger) but more advanced in one way or the other!

Puffy: so cute how B keeps pointing at everything! hope the school won't fuss coz B is only a few days later than the specified enrollment date!

Jas12: K does that mix up all the time :) he says "Mama carry you me please" ahahah or "I feed you" or something similar..cracks me up all the time..i try to correct him most days, but sometimes I just let it pass :) like you said, they're bound to get it right eventually!

MGal: sorry bout your SIL
7.gif
but Happy bday to Kyle!!! can you believe he is 1 already??

Snlee: WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! sending tons and tons of sticky dust your way!!! and i think its GREAT if they are both sept babies!! i would SO do the one birthday for both!!

MrsS:
23.gif
..dunno how you're handling a 5 am wake up everyday!! I truly hope this is just a temp thing and will pass soon!

Tacori: hahaha I love T!!!! she's so funny :)

ETA: forgot to talk about me :) hahaha... all is well on this front..im getting heavier by the day and heartburn has kicked in big time
14.gif
..plus something REALLY odd happened to me yesterday! DH & I had gone to IKEA across the border for a spot of shopping/preparing for the nursery and at one point while walking I got SO dizzy and felt everything around me turn black that I had to sit down. This happened to me three times in a row and DH TOTALLY freaked out..I asked him to get me some water and I had some crackers in my bag that i munched on and then I was perfectly fine...I am not sure what brought it on or anything...I felt physically fine, the baby was kicking as usual and other than that brief spell, I was fine for the rest of the morning...very weird!

On the other hand, K has been wonderful. He's been constructing full sentences now and its hilarious seeing him interact with us and with others :) he is finally totally in love with his preschool and actually gets upset when its the weekend and he finds out there is no school!

My official count down has begun for our babymoon!! I can't wait..though after the scare DH got with me almost passing out he is worried like anything bout being on a remote island so far away from a hospital, but the thought of clear blue skies and crystal clear seas are calling to me!! hahaha

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
snlee it is so fun watching B interact with noah, or at least try to. he wants to teach noah all these different things and then looks all confused when noah can''t do it. haha. B spent maybe almost 1 hour today trying to get noah to blow a kiss. i know it''s still early on for you, but will you guys find out what you will be having?

mrsS thanks for the input!! i totally get what you are saying. i guess when they are young, it doesn''t really matter too much as opposed to 4th grade. hopefully your oldest will do fine with the move and new environment.

burk GORGEOUS ring!! love it! your 2 rings look perfect together.

tacori how funny is T?!? your stories crack me up.

msb hope it was just a fluke with your dizziness. where are you going for your babymoon, if you don''t mind me asking. K sounds like he is doing very well.

DH came home early tonight and brought dinner. YAY!! and got me a little surprise....

puffynewring.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
here it is on my hand...

puffyringagain.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
with my B ring

DSC01406.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb-i had near faint spells when I was preggo with my first an second. It only happened once during each pregnancy but it was scary. I was driving both times and started to black out and was able to pull the car over, roll down the windows to get air etc. and never completely passed out but I was freaked. especially the second time when my oldest was riding in the car with me. anyway, everyone thought it might be low iron levels. they tested me at my dr. and my iron was fine so we still don''t know why it happened. all that to say, could be low iron or nothing, just a dizzy spell. glad you had your hubby close and crackers!

puffy-what a sweet hubby you have...beautiful band!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
and long over due pics of the DBTY necklace......

have a wonderful weekend mommies!!

DSC01375.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Puffy: nice surprise!!! thats almost exactly like my K ring! we are going to the Maldives on the 18th till 23rd :)
love the DBTY necklace!! now we need a neck shot :)

MrsS: it is freaky!!! and i was worried because I have never had anything similar in my life...but it passe luckily and what I noticed the second time I got it was that i was REALLY hot and felt suffocated..very odd..I have an appt with my OB next monday..will see what she has to say

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk and puffy, BEAUTIFUL rings!!!! Nice job, ladies!

msb, I had near-fainting spells with both pregnancies. It''s totally freaky and goes away as quickly as it comes on. I don''t know what causes them but it''s good to keep water and snacks on hand at all times. And I am soooooo jealous that you are going to the Maldives!! Lucky girl! You have to post pics on FB when you get back.

mrssalvo, I had a question for you since you have 2 older girls. Lily''s been doing great with potty training. It''s been about 3 months now and she has had very few accidents, even overnight. But that''s only pee. She refuses to poop in the toilet or on the potty. She was doing it in her panties and it was pretty gross every time I had to change her. So I told her that she can''t poop in her panties anymore because she was ruining them! Now when she has to go, she tells me she wants to wear a pull up. I''ll try to take her onto the potty but she won''t go. So I end up putting her in a pull up, she poops, I change her and then she goes back into panties. I don''t know what to do to get her to poop where she''s supposed to. She just seems scared for some reason! I bring her in with me and show her everything. And even when she does it in the pull up, I take it into the bathroom and we watch the poop go "plop" in the toilet before flushing. I was trying to make it fun for her instead of pushing so much because I don''t want to traumatize her but she has no interest. Do you have any tips?!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly-you are doing exactly what I would do in that situation. I really don''t think you can push them or force them to do it, if anything it just intensifies the whole situation and makes things worse. My Lily actually was slower to PT than C. She just had no interest but wanted the princess pull-ups to wear. i ended up going back and buying the cheapest diapers I could find and put her in those b/c 1) pull up were way too expensive to just be going potty in all the time and 2)i think she liked them a little too much and it was delaying the move to the panties. Anyway, one day she finally just said she wanted to do it but it was pretty close to her 3rd b-day. oh and I''m all for bribery when it comes to PT. we had a chart where my girls could put stickers when they went and then after so many weeks could go and pick out a toy they really wanted or something. I have friends that do m&m''s as a reward when they would go on the potty too and seemed to have success. Since she obviously has control of everything and is asking for the pull-up, maybe try going a week not making a big deal about it at all. Just put it on her, let her go, put her back in panties and not say anything. give her a break from potty pressure and then revisit it in a week or so. she is seriously doing great though!! HTH

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Puffy
What a wonderful surprise ring from your DH. He got good taste. And the necklace is gorgeous.
The other day, he mentioned getting me a PP, so I said I thought that''s what the laptop is for. And he said that''s my birthday present. So maybe I should remind him about the PP, and maybe also a retro-PP for M''s birth. LOL.

Jas12
Yeah I try to spend time with M when J is asleep, but it just doesn''t feel the same. M is more whiny since J is born, but she is also sick with a fever and runny nose right now. So hopefully it''ll get easier.

Burk
Almost time to meet Kade. Can''t wait.

Tacori
T is such a smartie pant. It''s so funny that she has such a strong personality already.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
hey curly, I am totally not a mom yet
2.gif
but I did potty training for 4 families while nannying. I would do all the things you are doing.

A lot of times the poop part is scary b/c the act of pushing the poop out is longer, uncomfortable, and makes the kid feel like they are going to fall in.

In addition to all of your methods, my best tricks (different ones worked with different kids
1.gif
)
1. try a small cushy potty seat that goes on top of your toilet
2. try a little kiddie potty like the baby bjorn potty
3. trying bribing with stickers, MMs, gumballs, some kind of high value treat only for poops
4. use cheap diapers or plain pull ups (anything that the child doesn''t like a lot)
5. for some children, especially boys but sometimes girls, it is not until they are 3 or even 3.5
20.gif
that they are comfortable with the poo on the potty part....
6. when you think that she''ll need to poo, grab a book, sit her on the potty and spend as long as it takes reading and talking until the poo comes out (this can be like 45 minutes
6.gif
)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Snlee~Thanks! Yep, last time I was able to wear my set again within a few days of giving birth so I''m hoping that will happen again. I miss it!
16.gif

Jas12~Thanks!

QT~Thanks! I can''t believe I''ll have TWO kids at the end of the week!
6.gif
Hope your transition is going well!

mrss~Thanks! I thought of you this morning when Miss T was up at 5am! I was like, this is what poor mrss has to do every day. I''m going to need to nap when she does!!

Tacori~Thanks! That is too funny about T''s newest phrase. It''s so crazy to me how these little people can have these big personalities! I''m sure she keeps you laughing!!

msb~Thanks! You owe us pics of your K ring!! Sorry about the fainting. I had a couple episodes like that this pregnancy but didn''t with my first. Weird.

puffy~Thanks! Your DH did well again!
2.gif
Love the necklace and the ring! Lucky lady!

curly~Thanks! No advice on PTing...at least she pees in the potty.
3.gif
I can''t even get T to do that consistently.

So, T''s sick.
39.gif
Started off with a nasty cough Saturday so we started nebulizer treatments for her asthma but then she started getting congested yesterday and woke this morning (at 5am
6.gif
) with a temp of 103. Yuck. Good think I was starting maternity leave anyway. I''m going to try and get her in to the doctor and hopefully she is better in a couple days because I really don''t want to have Kade and her not be able to be around him. She''d be so sad and so would I!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who doesn''t get push presents? Just wondering out loud....you gals got some good stuff!

burk: gorgeous ring! Your DH pulled through again! Sorry T is sick..maybe she''ll get it out of the way so she can be on a healthy kick once K is here.

tacori: that is hilarious! She does have a sarcastic sense of humor and I''m sure it''s here to stay...she''ll keep you on your toes and laughing for sure!

curly: no potty training advice, just sympathy! I''m not lookig forward to that stage. Hope you''re out of the fever haze.

msb: glad everything turned out ok. I bet you''re excited for the baby moon--is K staying with family?

so we had C''s 15 month ( a month late). She cried for the shots, but not has horrendous like the other times. She is stilll tiny:

21lbs and 30 inches.

I thought that was pretty good but apparently it''s still 25%! Well at least she''s consistent. Dr. said we need to wean her off the bottles (which I knew) and that too much milk isn''t always a good thing (she loves milk!). I''m kind of worried that she''ll gain even less weight without the milk though. She does take the sippy cup but drinks far less. Oh and he recommended a multivitamin with flouride--do you girls do this? This dr. wasn''t our usual pedi since she''s on maternity leave.

Anyway, does anyone have some more ideas for meals for toddler? Like maybe your own LO''s favorite? C must be getting sick of grilled cheese sandwiches (lunch) and chicken and pasta (dinner). I do give her what we have, but for some reason I get nervoius about beef so usually make her some chicken!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk-I'm sorry T is sick. I know you were looking forward to a mani/pedi today. I hope she's feeling better though and it doesn't last too long. And that Kade delays his arrival just a little longer until his big sister gets better. oh and that's too funny you thought of me at 5:00am. Jake didn't go to bed until 8:30 last night b/c of the Super Bowl and he still woke up at 5:45am. I did take a nap today while he was napping which helps!

Janine-Jake always eats what we do for dinner. Here is an example of meals I make for a few days. I give Jake beef though, he loves it.
Burgers, baked beans, mac and cheese
Fish (salmon, or talapia) baked potato, steamed broccoli
pizza
chicken pot pie
lasagna
spaghetti and meatballs
steak, baked potato, some type of cooked veggie
chili-he loves all the beans
taco's with black beans

for lunch, he eats hot dogs, deli turkey (a lot of times he and I eat leftovers for lunch too)

hope this helps a little bit. If you're worried about the beef you can also substitute with ground turkey.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Taking a packing break to browse and holy cow! SNLEE! Hooray!

You''ll be great with two!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--beautiful new sparklies !!! Love em

Msb--i hope you dizziness was a fluke too. I hear fainting is common in pregnancy, but like you i have never experienced anything like that. Scary, but maybe you just need to make sure your blood sugar levels are good. How many weeks are you now?
Oh, you must be SO excited for your baby moon!! Nothing would make me happier than being near the ocean, in the sun right now. I''ll live vicariously thru you. Enjoy! :)

janine--we feed co everything we''re eating too and like MrsS. i do leftovers for lunch quite a bit
I struggle with meals too b/c i need to ''hide'' the veggies most nights.
Tonight was pasta with rice noodles and i make the sauce with ground turkey. I usually very finely chop a 1/2 cup of mixed raw veggies and throw these in the tomato sauce. It cooks down and he doesn''t notice. Some other standards in our house:
-Pad Thai (again finely chop the bean sprouts, onion, peanuts, egg & mix with the noodles and sauce)
-Fish with rice, peas, or beans
-any kind of soup or chili made with turkey
-curry with chickpeas, chicken, onions
-Omelettes with shredded veggies and cheese
-mini pizza (made with english muffin)

I think i am back to health now. I went to step class after work and felt pretty normal (as normal as you can feel doing step pregnant) So that is good. Co is still milking his sickness for all it''s worth b/c every time he doesn''t want to do something he makes this fake, hurt face and says "my tummy hurts". It''s pretty adorable, but so cheeky
9.gif

I have NO baby names. Seriously. I am not really sold on any for either gender. HHEEEELLLPP. I look at all the sites, read closing credits or names in mags looking for inspiration. Part of the problem is some of my faves were recently taken by friends. I know in theory this shouldn''t prevent me from choosing a name i really like, but it is
5.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Curly: Thanks! I can''t wait...BUT i''m having issues figuring out what to wear..i have NO maternity swim wear or nice tank tops or skirts or ANYTHING! both pregnancies where my belly popped was during winter so all my clothes are winter clothes! i searched high and low in the malls/shops (and we have VERY limited maternity stores) for ANY tank tops, cute beach wear, dresses...skirts..ANYTHING! but nope..i''m gonna be one messy preggo over there :) hahahah..good luck with the PT!! I am still suffering with K and the cold weather is not helping at all!

Burk: so sorry to hear about T! Hope she gets over it quickly and Kade stays put till shes okay
7.gif

Janinegirly: yeah, K is staying with my mom :) she is over the moon excited and my sisters are flying in that same weekend for a family gathering (for my cousin who passed away)...so K will be showered with attn that weekend!

I gave K any of the following for dinner/lunch: Fried Rice with chicken, noodles, pasta, mac & cheese, burgers, home-made chicken nuggets, pastries with various fillings (pizza, veggies, spinach) and home made dip, pizza, P&B s/w, soup, fries, couscous ...

Jas12: I hope its a fluke too!! i''d be really worried if I had to go through it when I''m so far away! I am 21 weeks today actually!
36.gif
..Really looking forward to the break..im looking forward to the sleeping most of all! hahahah...

glad you''re doing better!! and u went to step class!!! i applaud you! i get winded just going up a flight of stairs!!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Burk – not much longer now until Kade arrives! And that band is beautiful! They look great together. And poor T, I hope she’s get better soon.

Mrssalvo – 5am, that’s not fun! Maybe when the time changes back his little internal clock will miss it and he’ll sleep until 6am.

Tacori – T sure has a cute little attitude! I hope she enjoyed her McD’s

Msb – the dizzy thing doesn’t sound good, maybe ask your doc if it’s something you should worry about?

Puffy – cute band! And I love the necklace

Thanks for all the b-day wishes! I can’t believe my little man will be 1 in 3 days either. We all went to the Renaissance Fair on Saturday, did a BBQ at the park on Sunday, and watched the SuperBowl while Kyle’s opened his presents, and had pro-photos taken in the middle of all that. Kyle’s still a bit clingy and didn’t like my mom and sisters holding him much, but he seemed to warm up to them after a while. He LOVES his climb & slide that DH and I got him, and figured out how to climb UP the slide in the first 15 minutes. Yet he still won’t walk

38.gif

Here’s a pic with the cupcake, he poked it a bit, and did eat the small piece I managed to get into his mouth. Maybe his party this weekend he’ll go at it a bit more.

bday 029.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results