shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, hang in there girly. Poor thing you.

Blen, that is a cool site...thanks for thinking of us!

MGal, Amelia walked at 15 months, 27 days (I round up the 16 months). She has been on the slower side on all her motor skills. At 22 months, she still can''t manage to jump (although the PT said it was a 2 year old skill, so whatever.) As for Kyle conking out at a wedding in his stroller, does he easily conk out on the stroller with lots of noise now? Just depends on what his habits are. I can''t remember exactly when Amelia went off the paci, but when she did have it, she would know she was to sleep and she did (I only ever gave her the paci at sleep time once she was past 3 months). So at that point, I could have taken her anywhere and she would have had a chance to conk out. Once the paci was gone, nope, she wouldn''t have been able to sleep anywhere beside her crib.

The only reason I know she could sleep somewhere beside her crib with a paci was because we went on a flight to Oz and she took her naps/bedtime as scheduled, so I can''t honestly say if she would have done the same in a stroller at a crowded wedding because she never napped in her stroller past 3 months (that I can remember anyway).

Puffy, glad to hear things are going well. B is a wily one, hehehe.

Tacori, I hate no nap days...Amelia has been having a few of those. Every 2 or 3 days, she skips her nap. Fortunately for me, she doesn''t mind being in there and playing for 2-2.5 hours. Sounds like Tessa can manage for some time in there alone as well, which is good.

Burk - hehehehe.
41.gif

Well, last night was the first night in over a week that Amelia went down without waking up to puke, scream because she had an outbreak of hives (which happened day before yesterday night) or whatever. Thank god.

Hope everyone is well!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
TGAL: glad to hear A is on the mend, you must feel so much better after a peaceful night (puke-free)!

Burk: your FB update was the funniest thing ever, I wish sassy moments were captured on video! Country music...haha..well it could be worse! Clearly she still stands by her statement of being in charge!

And where''s Lili? Hope she''s busy vacationing or doing something fun..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 2:41:27 PM
Author: janinegirly
TGAL: glad to hear A is on the mend, you must feel so much better after a peaceful night (puke-free)!

Burk: your FB update was the funniest thing ever, I wish sassy moments were captured on video! Country music...haha..well it could be worse! Clearly she still stands by her statement of being in charge!

I was just thinking the same thing...hope she''s doing something fun for sure.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Puffy – sorry your family doesn’t follow rules, but that’s soo cute that he told you! I hope your new little bundle is doing well.

Tacori – I hope T slept well last night, and maybe she’ll nap today… maybe

Curly – I’m sorry you’re sick too! I hope your girls don’t catch it from mommy.

Burk – at least country is a bit more kid friendly, she could have picked a rap station!

Tgal – woohoo for A having a no puking night! I hope things keep getting better.

On sleeping in the stroller, Kyle did an hour nap while I was dress shopping at the mall last month, but he did have a cold at the time so that could have helped. He also did about a 1.5 hour nap 2 weeks ago when we were at this huge outdoor swapmeet/mineral show. Neither were very noisy, but lots of activity and movement. I also only give him the paci at night, so I might just let him keep that habit until we get back from the wedding. I think if he’s tired enough he might. If it weren’t for my father living in Seattle, I wouldn’t even bother taking Kyle with us, but he sounded so excited to take us around and show of his only grandson (that he’s only seen twice), so I can’t spoil that for him. Any ideas on how to find a babysitter in another city? Kyle’s really mommy-attached right now, so he’d probably panic if he woke up to a strange woman, and my dad is useless with kids so I know I can’t have him do it either. DH’s mom, dad, brother and grandmother will be there too, but the wedding is like 2 blocks from the hotel we’ll be staying at, so it would be tough to pull shifts.

On the walking, I think he’s perfectly capable, but just doesn’t see the need. There’s a bit of competition with my SIL and her 3YO (he walked at 11 months), so I was just kinda hoping Kyle might get more into it before his b-day next week. He gets into plenty of mischief just crawling, so I should be happy he’s not walking yet.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I put her down at 8:30 and she slept until almost 10! Hope she isn''t getting sick. Maybe she is growing. She is down for a nap right now. Yay!

Curly, hope they don''t pursue the balance! I should have been a plastic surgeon. Hope you are feeling better soon! Sounds like you got a bad bug. Lily beat out T on the walking! She is so advance!
2.gif
Now she can keep up with Lily.

Burk, I am pretty lucky with naps. Yesterday was rare.

TGal, she can do some alone times but she was whining off and on. I didn''t want her to think all she would have to do is cry and she would be rewarded with no nap. KWIM? T has been jumping for a year but ask her what color something is and everything is green. Haha. I think kids are advance physically or verbally. T was always physical. She didn''t get it from me! Glad to hear A is feeling better!

MGal, I am impressed. Well, give it a try. Sounds like you are committed to go so just be flexible. Ignore your SIL. She clearly has issues if she feels the need to make your kid''s milestones a competition. He will walk when he is good and ready and not a minute before.
2.gif

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 3:41:00 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Haha. I think kids are advance physically or verbally. T was always physical.

is it bad that i don''t think my kid is advanced physically OR verbally?!?!!
23.gif

he didn''t walk until after 14 months, and so far, he''s got one definite word..."woof." what does a dog say? woof. what does a cat say? woof. what does a cow say? woof.
although he MIGHT have said pillow this morning.

surely a genius in the making!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 3:49:34 PM
Author: lover in athens

23.gif

he didn''t walk until after 14 months, and so far, he''s got one definite word...''woof.'' what does a dog say? woof. what does a cat say? woof. what does a cow say? woof.

Nope, neither is my kid. She''s on the lower side of average, is my guess. The only area where she excels is taking instruction, so believe me, I''m not complaining!

Amelia didn''t even call me mommy or TGuy daddy for a long time. She could say mama or dada, but didn''t direct it to us. At 19 months I took her for her 18 month appointment and I think I could solidly pinpoint about 5-10 words. All of the sudden at 20 months she exploded. Now she knows many more words and are starting to piece them together. She''s just VERY interesting in talking now as an art.
41.gif

Everything with this kid is 0-60 in 5 seconds, but she sits idle for AGES. Once she decided to walk, she never let up and you''d think she was a pro shortly thereafter. Talking, same thing - not interested to totally interested. Knowing how she is now, I worry much less. I would probably worry more if she didn''t take direction so well and have a fantastic memory (taking direction is one of those things they test when they assess if the kid needs speech therapy, and I only know this because my friend recently took her 2 year old for it.)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 3:49:34 PM
Author: lover in athens

23.gif

he didn''t walk until after 14 months, and so far, he''s got one definite word...''woof.'' what does a dog say? woof. what does a cat say? woof. what does a cow say? woof.

We''ve got "byebye" down, and that''s it
3.gif
. He did sit early (4 months), but crawled about average I think (7 months). He''s just been pulling up and standing for so long that I thought he''d be moving by now. The kid at daycare that''s 5 months older just started walking last month. My friend''s 2yo walked around 13 months I think, and I don''t believe I''ve ever heard the girl speak. They all seem to have their own timeline.

It''s just odd with my SIL and her competitive thing. Her son was 95th% in weight and height (if you ask me he was WAY overweight), so my skinny guy is "loosing" that fight already. She keeps saying her son''s going to be over 6'', I guess I''ll be laughing in 15 years when he doesn''t make it past 5''9"
3.gif
(there are NO tall people on either side of their families).

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys! :)

i tend not to worry about these things. i figure he's got good genes...he'll do things when he's good and ready. and if not, well, hopefully it will be a NICE gas station that he pumps at!!

ETA: oops...didn't mean to offend anyone who does work at a gas station...not that there's anything wrong with that!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yeah where''s lili? Haven''t seen her on here since before I went in for my induction.

Hey ladies, I haven''t been able to read this thread.

M is doing pretty well with J. She wants to pick him up and hold him, but we''ve just been letting her pat him on the chest and she isn''t very gentle with that. She isn''t acting jealous, more just curious and want to look at the baby. MIL said that she is having more tantrums and is more whiny the past few days since I went in for the induction. it''s probably her way to deal with the new situations. I am feeling very guilty though b/c I am not spending as much time with M as I used to when I am home. It should get better once the soreness goes away and I am more up and running.

Hope everyone is doing well.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori i am praying that these people don''t come back, as rude as that sounds, my goodness, i am done with visitors for a long time. funny thing is that when B was taking his nap and i was nursing noah, they just sat outside and hung out. i was pretty tired and wanted to get a quick nap in, but nope. good thing that t slept in late and she''s taking a nap!!

qt jaron is so cute!! i was feeling how you are in not spending as much time with B, but he understands and was super great about it. hopefully m will adjust soon to make things easier for you guys. hope everyone is doing well.

burk haha, t is so funny!! B tells me EVERYTHING. DH woke him up last night cause i guess he missed B and wanted to say hi and good night. i was not aware of it until this morning when B woke up and was helping with noah and we were having our morning convo and he told me that DH woke him up but he didn''t mind at all. i am thankful that he tells me things now so no one can get anyway with anything. haha.

tgal sounds like amelia is doing better.

MG you are so right...there''s so rush for them to start walking! they just get into things that they shouldn''t be. but it is cute though.

so B''s new thing...shapes. the kid os obsessed!! kinda cute but kinda annoying. everywhere we go, he''s pointing out the shapes of this and that. he said that noah''s head was a big circle was he''s so chubby. haha!! he said mommy''s face is an oval cause she''s not chubby. and B''s face is a long circle but not yet an oval. haha. funny kid. noah''s diaper is a rectangle. just everything has to do with shapes.

and we got bad news on the school front. we had the top 3 schools picked for him and he had been accepted into 2 of them and we just heard from the 3rd today that he was going to be accepted. great right? not at all, then i find out (don''t know why i didn''t look into it earlier) that the kids have to be 2 years and 9 months by sept 1 for enrollment. B will be exactly 2 years and 9 months on sept 7! basically, he''s not going to preschool this year like i had hoped, unless we send him to another school for 1 year then take him out and send him to one that we actually want him to go to. i guess i should have known or asked more questions.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~So glad A is feeling better and getting some sleep so you are able to sleep as well! Hope you have another good night tonight!

janine~She does think she''s in charge...a little scary. I figure I need to pick my battles so I can handle country!
2.gif

Agree on where''s Lili?!?! I asked a couple days ago and she''s still MIA. Hopefully a fun vacation or something!

Mgal~I''m okay with country...you''re right could be worse! Boo to your SIL comparing. My MIL does that constantly with T and my nephew and it drives me crazy.

Tacori~Holy cow, your T is a sleeper! Mine has NEVER slept until 10. Boooooo.

LIA~LOL!!

QT~Sounds like M is doing pretty good with her little brother. It''s a hard transition for everyone and I''m sure that you will all settle in soon enough!! I''ll be right there with ya next week!
2.gif

Puffy~That''s so cute that B told you that DH woke him up. My DH would NEVER wake T up for fear that she wouldn''t go back to sleep!! Ha ha!! And cute about the shapes too! So in all 3 of the schools he was accepted to he needs to be 2 yrs 9 months or just your favorite?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
My kid is def. not physical. He''s still a wobbly walker and he''s neary 2 ! I don''t think he''ll jump for a while and he''s so cautious even running is rare for him. He''ll sail down the stairs on his belly but i wonder when he''ll actually begin walking up and down them on his own!? He Definitely takes after charlie and i. We were both very athletic but we were late bloomers and are both cautious ppl. It''s interesting. I don''t expect him to excel in Phys-ed class
2.gif

Lili--hope you are holidaying! Cuz you never take a vacay from this thread
1.gif

QT--hugs, i am not looking fwd to that guilty feeling either when the new baby comes. I know i''ll be experiencing the same thing. Things will get better, as you said, once you are healed. Just give yourself a few weeks. Set aside a little time for just you and M !

Puffy--visitors (esp unwanted and with candy ) are exhausting. I hope you get some peace. Sounds like B has been a dream tho, that''s good.

So Cohen showed his first sign of intentional aggression yesterday. He headed up the stairs by himself (we don''t have gates and he knows he has to ask to go up and usually does) so i grabbed him and scolded him for not asking. He yelled, grabbed my arms and scratched
6.gif
. He''s *never* been that aggressive before and i don''t think he really knew what he did b/c he was shocked at my response & looked at his fingers! Not sure if he saw this at the gym daycare or if it was just a primal reflex to being mad at me. ?? Either way, let the games begin!
I think he''s scared of the discipline now b/c that night he waited at the bottom of the stairs and when i came over he asked: "mom, i go up peas !" haha

Oh and anyone ele''s kids get the "I" "Me" "You" mixed up. Co is hilarious with these. He usually says something like " A bowl of cereal for you" (while pointing to himself) or "wash you face " Kinda cute. I don''t correct, i figure it''ll all just fall into place eventually.

Happy Friday! I am so glad i made it to work today and my sister is coming to visit tonight! So looking fwd to a weekend free of clinic/hospital visits !
1.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
QT - that''s cute the Meena wants to hold him, I hope she keeps liking her little brother
3.gif

puffy - guess the relatives just can''t take a hint! And the shapes are cute. I dropped Kyle off at my sitter''s this morning, and her 2.5yo walked up, put a hand on Kyle''s tummy and said ball. I thought he was saying Kyle''s tummy looked liek a ball, nope, I forgot he has a basketball on his t-shirt! I hope you get the school thing figured out. 2y9m seems like an odd cut-off age.

jas - hopefully the scratching was just a fluke, at least he seemed surprised as well.

Little mini-vent, my SIL is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. She just emailed me, and then posted on FB that her 3yo is doing a walk-a-thon to rasie money for the financial aid program at his preschool, and it''s really important because they''ll have to apply for financial aid this year. Um, she only works 3 days a week, her mom has been watching him those days, and they just went from having him go 2 PT days to 2 full days a week at the preschool. SIL and BIL make more than DH and I do, yet they need financial aid to pay for 2 days of preschool? Can I beg them to pay for my FT daycare next? I guess the garnder, pest guy, home alarm (in a gated neighborhood) and RV resort membership take up too much of their budget
20.gif

We''re having round 1 of Kyle''s b-day this weekend, if he goes anywhere near the cake I''ll post some pics.

Have a fun weekend everyone!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I have some happy news to share! D is going to be a big brother! I''m pregnant with baby #2!
1.gif

We just found out this week through a blood test. DH and I are so happy and SHOCKED! It feels surreal! Even though we''ve been trying the last few months and my period was 3 weeks late, I really thought I wasn''t pregnant this time around because I had 5 negative pregnancy tests! Turns out I took them all too early. Finally I decided to just go in for a blood test so I could definitely know if I was or wasn''t. I had prepared myself for a negative and was completely shocked when I heard my level was at 159. I think that makes me 4.5-5 weeks right now. I''m going back for another blood test to make sure it''s doubling and will probably get an early u/s done to date it since going by my LMP is obviously wrong. Apparently I ovulated 2-3 weeks after I thought I did. Didn''t even know it was possible to ovulate a month after your period and get pregnant! I''m shocked we got pregnant during a time we weren''t trying.

We''re in the what did we get ourselves into phase and wondering how we''re going to handle TWO kids! And I''m really worried and terrified of having PTL again after hearing about how LIA''s doc said that there''s a REALLY high risk and with a subsequent pregnancy, it usually happens earlier. Since I can''t do anything about it, I''m trying not to worry too much.

DH and I joked that I''m fertile only in January. Baby #2 is probably due in Oct, about 2 weeks before D was due. They will probably both have Sept birthdays, which we aren''t too thrilled about but you can''t change that. Is it bad to just have one birthday party for both of them each year? Ok, now I''m just getting ahead of myself! Just wanted to share the news with all of you!

Please don''t mention this on FB. I won''t be going public for a while.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 2:43:53 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 2/4/2010 2:41:27 PM

Author: janinegirly
I was just thinking the same thing...hope she''s doing something fun for sure.
Ditto!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Snlee! I''m sure you''ll be just fine with 2 of them
2.gif
. My sisters are a day less than 2 years apart, and they had joint b-day parties until about middle-school, made things much easier!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like TGal said be ready for the verbal explosion. It WILL come! I love hearing T say compete sentences now. T started talking so much so fast. Sometimes I wonder where she even learns some of her words. It''s really cool.

Lia, he WILL catch up! I think they all level out by 5 or so. At least that is what my sister tells me.

TGal, I read some stuff you wrote in the newborn thread, I am so jealous of her non-oral kid. Mine STILL drools. So gross. I think A is really smart. She just waits until she is confident before she does something. Nothing wrong with that. She also seems so content.

MGal, moms are competitive. One of my friends has a special little girl. This girl is so bright, so smart, it is CRAZY! But my friend totally downplays it. She never brags. Guess that''s why she is my friend haha! I think it is b/c she is secure. KWIM? Your SIL probably thinks her kid is a reflection on her so wants to make sure you KNOW how advance he is. Sounds like they like attention. Dysfunction is all around us. Can''t wait to see pics of K''s b-day!!!

Q, how are you doing mama? Gentle is a hard concept for toddlers. Sound like M is doing great.

Puffy, T is a sleeper. You don''t even want to know what time she woke up this morning. Hope your visitors are gone for good. That''s funny B is obsessed with shapes. He is hysterical. Sorry about school. Do you have a plan B?

Burk, T is a party animal though! She LOVES staying up late so it is a trade off.

Jas12, my neighbor''s 2 year old is still wobbly too. I think b/c he is so long and lean his limbs are hard to control. Being cautious is a good thing! Trust me, I see lots of ER visits in my future. T would JUMP down the stairs if I let her. She scares me sometimes. I honestly think his aggressive outburst is totally normal. T has hit me before b/c she gets frustrated and doesn''t know what to do. I put her in time-out. Have fun with your sister!!!

snlee, congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is wonderful news! Don''t worry until you have something to worry about
2.gif

Lili, hope you are okay!!!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in from the feverish haze to send big congratulations to snlee!! So excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - SIL is an only child with older parents, and had a SAHM, so I think she has some "I have to be in the spotlight" issues. She''s one reason DH doen''t want Kyle to be an only child
38.gif
. Her son was tall and fat, but that''s about the only things he was advanced with. He has no clue how to interact with other kids, so it''s going to be interesting when she pops out baby #2 in June.! Your friend does sound like someone I would get along whit too
2.gif
!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
quick drive by to say congrats to SNLEE as well!!! I had a feeling when i saw your post about being late....

And you will have kids exactly 2 years apart..isn''t that about as ideal as it gets? You''ll figure it out!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 5:29:35 PM
Author: curlygirl
Just popping in from the feverish haze to send big congratulations to snlee!! So excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
Oh yeah, holy smokes, me too! Congrats snlee!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 5:31:33 PM
Author: MustangGal
Tacori - SIL is an only child with older parents, and had a SAHM, so I think she has some ''I have to be in the spotlight'' issues. She''s one reason DH doen''t want Kyle to be an only child
38.gif
. Her son was tall and fat, but that''s about the only things he was advanced with. He has no clue how to interact with other kids, so it''s going to be interesting when she pops out baby #2 in June.! Your friend does sound like someone I would get along whit too
2.gif
!

This girl is amazing but she is very physically reserved if that makes sense. She just doesn''t play the same as T. Not saying one is right and one is wrong but I guess that is where my physically vs verbal theory came from. According to my dad there is a direct correlation between baby weight and adult height so who knows. Maybe he will be tall but honestly WHO CARES!?! That''s what I would want to shout at her. Haha.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
HUGE CONGRATS TO SNLEE!!! both my boys are december bdays and DH tells everyone that i am super fertile during march or basically i am only fertile in march. i am so excited for you guys!!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPEEE SNLEE~!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

so excited for you! my brother was born june 11 ''76, and i''m june 13 ''78. i LOVED having our bdays so close together.
and of course, i''m so excited to "experience" pregnancy with you again.

just as an aside, i was REALLY freaked out about all the PTL stuff early on...but i''m finding as i''m getting later (yes a WHOPPING 10.5 wks here--she says sarcastically), my worry has decreased. i''m trying to adopt a "what will be, will be" attitude...maybe it will even help?? :)

yay!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee-a huge congrats to you. that is wonderful news...

jas12-co and the other april babies are way ahead of Jake language wise. He''s got a bunch of words and will say one or two together but not sentences like Co is doing. Jake is physical though. He climbs on everything that he can get away with, runs, jumps, loves to play basketball with daddy and actually started walking up and down the stairs a couple of weeks ago. I can promise you one thing, by the age of 3 they all end up on an equal playing field. Jake will be talking in sentences and co will playing some type of little league sport
9.gif

mustangGal-have fun partying all weekend! i''d love to see pics!

lili-where are you?? I hope you''re okay too!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Snlee~HUGE CONGRATS!!! Mine will be just over 2 years apart and there was the possibility of them both having January birthdays and I thought about the two birthdays in one month thing too.

Jas12~T does the same thing confusing the you, me, I at times. If she wants help with something she''ll say "help you peas" so I think it''s totally normal.

Mgal~That would absolutely annoy me too! Hope you have a great b-day weekend!

Today was my last day of work. HURRAY!!! We went out to dinner tonight and then stopped at the jewelry store that we buy a lot of my jewelry from and found a great stacking band with diamonds and sapphires!
36.gif
36.gif
I had been looking for Kade present/push present ideas online and DH and I had talked about getting to the local store so many times but never got around to it. So, DH bought me the band for my Kade present and I''m wearing it right now. Yay!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
MG have a great time partying for kyle''s bday!

burk YAY for your stacking band. pictures please. yes i know, i still have to get pics of my necklace up. yeah, all 3 preschools that we wanted him to go have the age cut off...SUCKS big time. don''t know what we''re going to do yet. how are you feeling?

jas12 seems like Co gets the whole discipline thing. and cute about getting his i, me, you mixed up.

snlee congrats again!!! B and noah are 2 years apart and it seems to work right now since B is loves to be mommy''s little helper.

tacori nope, no plan B for school. we could send him to one that doesn''t have the age cut off for 1 year then take him out and enroll him into one of our top 3 choices, but i would hate to drag him in and out of school after he gets used to the teachers and other kids. i don''t know. no visitors today...thank goodness!!!

have a wonderful weekend mommies!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MG, Tacori, curly, janine, TGal, puffy, LIA, MrsS, and Burk! I am so excited!!!

Good to hear about siblings having close birthdays and liking it!

curly and TGal, I hope you both feel better soon!

LIA, I''m excited we get to go through our second pregnancies together too! Very cool! I keep telling myself that if it happens, it happens and there''s nothing I can do about it! I like your "what will be, will be" attitude.

Burk, yay for your new Kade ring! Of course we want to see pictures! Enjoy it! That''s great that you can still wear your rings at the end of your pregnancy! I think at around 7 months I had to take my rings off. Boo.

puffy, I think 2 years apart will be good. Hopefully D will follow in awesome big brother B''s footsteps! I love how he loves to help his mommy. I''m sorry about the yucky visitors! I totally understand your frustrations! I''m also sorry to hear about the preschool cut off. That really sucks!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats snlee!!! I am so excited for you guys.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results