shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
A quick post to just thank everyone for their heartfelt messages..they really mean a lot to me..

it is getting better day by day but still finding it hard to come to terms with what happened..it has been tiring though..our tradition is very different and we dont have just a service for everyone one day...we sort of accept visitors every single day for a week (morning through night)..its exhausting especially as I started work this week...I excused myself today as the lack of sleep combined with exhaustion isn''t sitting very well with me and I need to think of my little bean and rest so that he/she can rest too..

I''ll be back soon to respond to everyone''s post soon..

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Snlee
Glad D is going to bed easily again.

Puffy
I hope M will do well on the bed. We need all the luck we can get. Hehe.
Besides the sleep issues, M is doing well. She is showing more personality now. She is pretty rough with her 5 yrs old cousin. She’ll push and slap him on the arm if he plays with toys that she doesn’t want him to play with. We have to constantly pull her away, and tell her “no, that’s not nice” and “you have to share” when she does it. She is probably picking some of it up from him since he’ll pull his toys from her. She sometimes will repeat some of the words we are teaching her to say. She knows a lot of her body parts now. She is in this “throwing things down the stairs” phase; she likes seeing her toys roll down the stairs. She also likes to hide/squeeze herself into tight spots, then peeks out to see if you are looking for her.

Jas
I don’t know how you do it with Logan and Jackson, and all the theater stuffs. You are superwoman. It’s interesting how Logan will let Jackson push him over even though he is bigger. Remind me of our nephews when they were younger, the older one always let the younger one push him over. The younger one would bite the older one, and he just took it, didn’t even try to pull his arm away. He didn’t even make a noise, just a sad face.
Good luck with rehearsals.

msb
Thinking of you. Take care of yourself and your baby.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
T had her first day of preschool today. I had to wake her up to get her ready to go so she was CRABBY. I had to bribe (yet again) with letter cookies. She has one in each hand and I figured she would eat them on the way to school. When I got her out she was still holding them. I was nervous b/c A. I look like a crappy mom who feeds her kid cookies and B. I didn''t want the other kids to get upset/jealous/angry. I urged her to eat them. She ignored me. I got one away from her and it was a HUGE meltdown. I had to quickly decide was it better to swallow my pride and let her walk into her first day with 2 little cookies OR drag her in there kicking and screaming. I let her keep the cookies. I tried to convince her to put them in her sweater pocket. Failed. So I dropped her off and she did NOT want me to go. She kept telling me to sit. Finally I broke away and she looked SO sad. I was (obviously) excited to pick her up. She was thrilled to see me and pulled me over to show me some of the classroom''s toys. I sat down (she told me too Miss Bossy) and seriously all these little kids surrounded me asking for their moms. It was kinda sad. She has three teachers, 12 students and one said she did great. She was really quiet. They didn''t make her sit in circle time but she said after a few more times they will (good luck with that lady). So we left. Causality was a rubbermaid lid. Must remember to put her name on EVERYTHING and someone else''s dirty spoon ended up in T''s lunch bag
33.gif
Currently googling ideas for her lunch b/c I am stumped. All in all a good day. We all survived.

msb, your family is still in my thoughts. Hope you get some sleep soon!

Jas, you are a super mama. I can''t imagine having 2 of Tessas. Poor Jackson. I am sure it is just a phase. My friend has twins and they compete too. Guess that''s how it is when you have to share your mama''s time. Learning to say no is a tough one. I have learned "no" is a complete sentence. That being said you are a talented, funny, witty lady so I know it will be great! Yay for following your dreams.

puffy, I took a nap instead. Haha. You and I are so different. I look for any excuse to put off working out. Only 5 lbs! Wow! You are doing great!

snlee, everything just worked out. They had an opening to fill. I have a whiney toddler...perfect solution.

Q, I need to get some birthday gifts and the outlet isn''t too far so I figured why not!

Burk, my T is currently having a breakdown b/c I will not give her cookies or fruit snacks. It is exhausting but I am trying to stay strong. "Mommies toast" that is really funny.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW I bought myself a new purse. Bwahahaha!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, jumping over to say congrats on making it through your first day of preschool with Tess! I think in some ways it''s harder on us! I''m sure she will love it once she gets used to it a little more! Oh, and are you going to be posting pics of this purse your speak of???

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori -- I just wanted to pop in and say that I think it''s great that T''s preschool is play based. There will be PLENTY of time for more rigorous things, but obviously at 2, T. needs time to play and be a kid. She''ll still learn plenty of things, and a lot of what she''ll need to know at a later age involves getting into routines, etc., which she''ll get anyway now. I''m glad you both survived!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:34:51 PM
Author: steph72276
Tacori, jumping over to say congrats on making it through your first day of preschool with Tess! I think in some ways it''s harder on us! I''m sure she will love it once she gets used to it a little more! Oh, and are you going to be posting pics of this purse your speak of???

T is a total crab tonight. I think she is tired since I had to wake her up this morning. Even though she had a 2.5 hour nap. Who knows. I bought a beautiful pinkish/purple B Makowsky b/c I am kinda obsess with their leather (and great prices) and realized I don''t own any colored leather bags. I''ll have to take a picture. I am SO bad about that stuff!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found it online! I found it for $100 less than it is currently listed for on Amazon. Score!

51mrdx0oDEL._AA280_.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the side detail!

41IOf9CNmYL._AA280_.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:40:20 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Tacori -- I just wanted to pop in and say that I think it''s great that T''s preschool is play based. There will be PLENTY of time for more rigorous things, but obviously at 2, T. needs time to play and be a kid. She''ll still learn plenty of things, and a lot of what she''ll need to know at a later age involves getting into routines, etc., which she''ll get anyway now. I''m glad you both survived!
36.gif

You are a teacher so I take your thoughts seriously. I think I made the right decision. I guess they are doing winter related lessons right now. Are you enjoying your new job?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
snlee is D''s sleep back on track? that''s great he''s going to sleep on his own. the gym is like my getaway, other than the mall. haha. B has a great time in the kid''s club and i get to work out. noah just basically still sleeps through everything so my mom watches him while i take B to the gym with me.

jas sounds like the boys are doing very well. separation anxiety sucks big time but he''ll get through it soon.

msb try to get some rest. it must be so hard what your family is going through, you are in my thoughts,

qt awwww, M sounds like she''s doing very well! how are you doing? ready for a newborn?

tacori T''s first day sounds like it went as well as it could have. sounds like she did enjoy herself but sure was glad to see you. naps are always good!! i should be taking one now since B is napping but decided to go online instead. haha. YAY for a new purse!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 7:01:33 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 1/6/2010 6:40:20 PM

Author: ZoeBartlett

36.gif

You are a teacher so I take your thoughts seriously. I think I made the right decision. I guess they are doing winter related lessons right now. Are you enjoying your new job?

Thanks! I love my new school and my new class. Thanks for asking! The things I hear them say (first graders, so 6-7 yrs. old) are hilarious. They keep me on my toes, but I''m much happier than I was at my old school down here where I taught 2nd. It''s so much better in every way -- I have freedom to do what I want (following the curriculum, obviously), and I''m not being micro-mangaged at all. The only thing I don''t like is getting up at 4:30-4:45 in the morning. I have to fight to stay awake on my long ride to work. Other than that, things are peachy.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:59:27 PM
Found it online! I found it for $100 less than it is currently listed for on Amazon. Score!
GACK! LOVE!!!!!!
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
ooooh, pretty bag Tacori!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
MSB: I am so sorry about your cousin. How heartbreaking. Big big hug from me to you dear.

Tacori: Congrats on that first day of preschool. I need to get D in something. She''s 2y3mo. Jake didn''t start until he was 3y9mo (Dec birthday and cut-off is 3 by Sept 1st here) but I don''t think I can take another year without a total break. I''ll start her next September, somewhere! She''s Sept 19th, so she misses the cutoff too and they are so strict in my district its not funny.

I just bought myself a new bag too...A black suede Tylie Malibu that I''ve been coveting for years. On sale at Nordy''s. It has an embellished leather strap (all done up in super sparkly crystals) and I adore it. Looove.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy, sometimes the lure of the net is too strong to resist
2.gif
Is your DH helping out more?

Zoe, I am so glad! THAT is crazy early! Wow. You must have to go to bed super early. At least summer will be here before you know it!

TGal, the leather is so perfect. The color is a little more pinkish/brighter IRL or maybe it is a different color all together! I am telling you Marshall''s has the BEST deals.

Steph, thanks I am pleased with it. I wear a lot of back and gray so liked the idea of a brighter/colorful purse to liven up my look a bit. Retail therapy always helps. Haha.

Diver, I wasn''t planning on putting her in until the fall but I am glad I did. I figure things happened for a reason and everything fell into place. I think she will really enjoy it but it is a LONG day for such a little girl. She will get used to it. Registration normally is around end of Jan/early Feb here so I am grateful I will NOT have to wait in line at 4 am. Worth sending her early. Plus my sanity. I must be a bad mom b/c I needed a break NOW!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello mommy friends! I am exhausted. We had a snow day today and my SIL was a wreck because she really needed to work but her daycare follows our school closings therefore she had no daycare, so I offered to watch her boys. So, from 8am-5pm I had my 2 nephews (ages 4 and 13 mo) along with my crazy T. LONG day.... Looks like the weather won''t be getting much better so we may be having another day off tomorrow.

QT~I HATE going back to work after long breaks. It''s hard to get in the swing of things and I feel like with my pregnancy I''m just so much more tired right now so that doesn''t help!

puffy~The things that come out of their mouths sometimes just make me laugh. My nephew today was making me "happy anniversary presents." Too funny. Judging by how huge I feel, you may be right and i may actually get to the gym as planned. With T I didn''t go back to the gym until 6 weeks but I started walking around 2-3 so even if I just start walking on the treadmill like I did with her that will be a good start!

jas~I cannot imagine having 2 at the doctor with shots. You''re seriously my hero!! T was much better yesterday but then we had a day off today so she didn''t have to go to daycare...hopefully tomorrow will go well.

msb~You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Tacori~Sounds like preschool success today!! I''m sure with time T will fall right into the routine. Yay for a new purse!! I love it!! I may have just purchased myself a new purse as well.....told DH he could say it was part of my Christmas present since all he got me was a bunch of clothes that I picked out.
16.gif

DH met with our builder today to discuss what we''re going to do with this ridiculous weather and to go over the house plans. We''ve already sent them to builder final but when DH and I were reviewing them some rooms aren''t as big as we had originally thought so we may be making some changes before we dig our hole (which will mean more square footage and more money....boo). Anyway, the meeting went well and our builder was optomistic that we should be able to get our hole dug next month. YAY!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What purse? Show a pic!!!! You are a nice SIL. Seriously. Mine wouldn''t even watch T for an hour
20.gif
*repeat new PS signature in my head over and over until blood pressure returns to normal* Yay for making progress on the new house!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori! I didn''t think twice offering, but it really was a long day. Not sure how SAHM with kids that close in age do it (also doesn''t help that SIL and BIL have no boundaries so their kids are pretty crazy). I''m off to find a pic.....

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My new bag...I think DH did well!
3.gif

oh, and it's not that lavendar in real life. Just grey really...kind of metalic grey, but grey.

coachbag.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 9:47:39 PM
Author: Burk
My new bag...I think DH did well!
3.gif

oh, and it''s not that lavendar in real life. Just grey really...kind of metalic grey, but grey.
Love it Burk. Just wanted to Pop in and say Yay for Tessa''s first day at Preschool. Methinks she''ll do just fine, and love the handbag Tacori, it''s lovely!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lisa. She needs structure. Lord knows I am not giving it to her
2.gif
Tonight she was singing the clean-up song (you know "clean-up! Clean-up! Everybody clean-up!") which she has done for awhile but it is with her usually watching ME clean-up. Well tonight SHE was CLEANING-UP! Miracles after just ONE day. Amazing!

Burk, I like those new coach "c"s maybe b/c of my circle obsession. I bet it is a beautiful color and you deserve it mama!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori and burk-
30.gif
the new purses and diver, yay for getting a new purse too!

tacori-first days are always hard. after a few days T will figure out the routine and i bet she will participate and look forward to going. As for lunches, here are some of the things I usually pack jake a grilled cheese sandwich (yes it''s cold but he doesn''t seem to mind) or a cut up hot dog, or deli turkey slices, pretzels or goldfish, a banana or cut up grapes or strawberries, a yogurt, yogurt covered raisins, cheerios or other favorite cereal, cheese. Really you just need to send things that she will eat at home. I always ask the teachers to put back in the lunch box what he doesn''t eat rather than throw it away so I can get a good idea of how much and what exactly he is eating. He never eats all of what I pack but will usually finish it up as a snack on the way home
40.gif

So, they are predicting 1-3 inches of snow tonight and the county already closed school tomorrow. Only in TN do they close school before one single snowflake has fallen. I just hope it all clears by friday b/c Jake''s school goes with the metro school system and he hasn''t been in 3 weeks and I was soooo looking forward to friday!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was FINALLY going to attempt to put up a video of T and my FB site is down! Go figure.

MrsS, those are good ideas thanks! Hope Jake gets to go to school on Friday. I am sure you need a break!

Janine, I took this picture for you tonight. The flash was on (mean mommy) so they look a bit darker than this IRL.

Tseyes.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 10:27:53 PM
So I was FINALLY going to attempt to put up a video of T and my FB site is down! Go figure.

MrsS, those are good ideas thanks! Hope Jake gets to go to school on Friday. I am sure you need a break!

Janine, I took this picture for you tonight. The flash was on (mean mommy) so they look a bit darker than this IRL.
LOL, that pic makes me want to press my nose up against the monitor like it''s a window so I can see the rest of her!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, the rest of her was pretty gross but it is a funny angle b/c she was looking up. She was eating peanut butter and it was EVERYWHERE. Ick.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I saw this and thought of you!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori what pretty eyes T has!! Dh is trying to help out more, but he is ALWAYS gone and by the time he comes home, we are all sleeping. he does get up in the middle of the night to change noah''s diaper so i can nurse him and he does burp him after. and he wakes up a little earlier every day to hang out with B whie i get some house stuff done. so all in all, no complaints here.

burk my goodness...you had your hands full today! what a pretty bag you got. YAY for next month. there''s something to look forward to!! i hit the gym today and i was seriously pooped after. hoping tomorrow, i''ll be able to get back to my old self and do 1 hour of cardio and not feel like collapsing after. haha. i might even try to do a class as well as my regular cardio, but who knows.

mrsS hope the snow is out by friday...you deserve some you time.

so the one christmas gift from DH that i was looking forward to is finally here!! i was super excited but i am not allowed to open it until he gets home. i already kinda know what it is, but not the exact style and color. time is not passing by quick enough. and i will not be heading to bed anytime soon in the hopes that DH might come home early, but i doubt it.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
oops, double post. sorry.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori: her eyes are beautiful! Much lighter than C's and look pretty green to me. I'll try to get a shot, but it's hard since C just attacks the camera as soon as I pull it out. Her eyes are much grayer and darker...T's are clearly in the hazel category! Pre-school sounds like it went great! I wouldn't have worried about the cookies at all! Sounds like she did well. I had lunch w/a friend yesterday who just started taking her son to preschool (2 hrs , 2 days a week) and he fights it with all his might and pleads with her no, no. That made me really nervous for when it's time for C to go! I think alot of it has to do with temperment.

Love the bag by the way...I'm looking for something similar but a bit bigger since I have so much stuff when I commute each morning. I've been looking at Macy's and think I may've seen your bag too (or something similar).

burk: DH sure did do well
emwink.gif
! Love it! I didn't end up getting the bag on ebay...baulked since I hadn't seen it in person. But I am on a bag hunt and obsessively so, so there must be something in the air! I'll post what I have my eye on later!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results