shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sha you seriously need to get FB--even if it's just to keep in touch with all of us!

I have no clue who she really looks like---she definitely looks exactly like Evan did at her age and she definitely has his hair.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This thread is totally dying guys :(sad

Here's Micah wearing Grandma's reading glasses. My little secretary.

MY-SECRETARY.JPG

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
MP: Micah is so cute and I don't know if I ever said this but I love his name! I wish I could use it but a former best friend's son is named Micah and I just don't want any connection to her..haha....but I completely heart the name!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1305768894|2925354 said:
MP: Micah is so cute and I don't know if I ever said this but I love his name! I wish I could use it but a former best friend's son is named Micah and I just don't want any connection to her..haha....but I completely heart the name!

I can't tell you how many names I have wished I could use someday that someone else already snagged, lol. I know it's silly to think of it that way, but you just can't help it, I totally get it. Micah is the only Micah I have ever known, I guess it's too "white" for my state, with all the Maria's and Santiago's lol.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
MP - LOL! :lol: He looks like a little judge! So studious and cute!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
aw, Micah in his granny's glasses. I love his t-shirt!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this thread is so slow b/c most of us are in contact off PS. T is 3.5 years old How did THAT happen? She is funny, sweet, smart, and still feisty, sassy, and completely stubborn. She keeps me on my toes with her negotiations and manipulations but also melts my heart with the unconditional love she shows us and her friends. She LOVES her friends. T has her first dance recital in a few weeks. Can't wait to see it.

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MP~ Lily and I will be over here soon! About 6 weeks!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I trying facebook is both a curse and a blessing. Love seeing all the updates and pics that people are more comfortable posting there. But also loved these threads. And it feels funny saying things here that most of the momma's already know from facebook.

Tacori-I would LOVE to see a pic of T on her dance getup. Love little dancers. Can't wait until S is a little more disciplined so we can enroll her.

Micah is adorable!!

Quick update: One month until Sophia turns 2. Pretty much done with bday planning. Talking a lot, still walking on her toes which the pedi will want to work on when he sees her. Still hates food. :rolleyes:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
fiery|1306291292|2929628 said:
I trying facebook is both a curse and a blessing. Love seeing all the updates and pics that people are more comfortable posting there. But also loved these threads. And it feels funny saying things here that most of the momma's already know from facebook.

Tacori-I would LOVE to see a pic of T on her dance getup. Love little dancers. Can't wait until S is a little more disciplined so we can enroll her.

Micah is adorable!!

Quick update: One month until Sophia turns 2. Pretty much done with bday planning. Talking a lot, still walking on her toes which the pedi will want to work on when he sees her. Still hates food. :rolleyes:

I'm glad for FB though - I like seeing more activity from everyone :)) I look forward to seeing you here SS!

fiery, have you tried squeaky shoes? It's supposed to encourage them to walk heel to toe.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I trying should be I think lol

MP that's a good idea. We tried light uo sneakers but she didn't care too much. Will have to try squeaky shoes.

It's irritating because she ruins so many shoes. The front bends and separates. Ugh!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Squeaky shoes would probably help...be crazy annoying but whatever works

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Starting to have tinges of baby fever... I knew this day would come. Now that I literally enjoy every single second of Deuce, my mind is trying to sway me back to the "dark" times! Must stay strong.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Do it Do it Do it!!!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is dying!

I have enrolled J in a preschool day care thingy. We had a meeting with her teacher and J was present. She LOVED it! She speaks more spanish than english so she kept saying "Mira, Mira!" "look! look!" and kids were like huh? lol. The kids were having a snack and she was shy but wanted to have a snack. We were talking to the teacher and then see her sitting right next to the teacher eating and yelling, "Martha! Mira!!!!" She calls me by my first name! lol. I say no, mama!

How are you ladies doing?! Please write. This thread is dying! NOOOOO!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
lol, Tao. I am starting to realize the "there's never a right time" saying... IMO, the right time to get pregnant would be when I get back from my trip to Europe in Sept, but then I think about having a newborn right when Deuce is 2, and that is sooner than I wanted a second. That is when we were going to start talking about having a second. If we don't start trying this fall, then I would prefer that we wait until next fall.

Having a baby during football season is not one of the things on my bucket list... :errrr:

Mt, that is so funny! Glad to hear she seems to be excited about it though!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Also having another issue... feedback is very welcome.

Deuce always loved the daycare at our gym... we even use one of the girls for a babysitter.
A few months ago, they hired a teenage boy to watch the kids on Monday and Tuesday nights. He lets the older kids go crazy. Deuce starts crying the minute we walk in, and I have to spend at least 10 minutes in there with him to get him settled. DH and I have stopped going to the gym at the same time on these nights to avoid putting C through this craziness.
Last night, we didn't have an option, so I had to take him in. While I was playing with Deuce to get him calmed down, another little boy (2yo son of an employee) dumped a bunch of toys out of a tub and then threw the tub at my sons head.

The guy in the room did NOTHING! He looked at me like I was supposed to punish the kid. Umm, no dude, that is YOUR job and what you are being paid to do.

I am so irritated that they would hire someone with absolutely no childcare skills. He lets the older kids get away with everything , and then when a baby comes in, he tells the older kids to stop. Uh, yeah... that's going to work. It's absolutely mad in there. They have a big tv and video game set up for the older kids, but don't use it anymore.

I know I have complained before about a different girl, but they got rid of her, and replaced her with this guy.

I hate being a complainer, but I can't even concentrate on my workout when I am so worried about my son crying in the other room. Am I being

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
mere~ Go for #2!!! And, I'd complain about the boy. It's unexcusable. He is getting paid. You are paying for membership. Therefore, you have every right to say something. They need to have responsible caregivers period.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS. Tonight our favorite girl was there, our babysitter, and of course he did perfect.

Regarding #2... I have another reason not to. Today I did 3 loads of laundry during C's first nap and mowed & edged the front lawn during his second! I get so much done now! lol

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mere: When I was pregnant with Evan I was due on November 12. I kept telling my husband that the baby better not put me in the hospital on November 15th. Why you ask....because my team the Patriots were playing the Colts and NOTHING was going to stop me from seeing that game! I told him I would do everything I could to keep him in that long. Thankfully he listened though and came out early...but man I was nervous! :tongue:

MT: Love that J calls you Martha! HAHA!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I don't even what to imagine the arguments DH and I would get into, if we were to have a kid during the Fall. :errrr:

I also don't want to miss out on all the games... lol. Being pregnant during that time was just fine with me.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! Just wanted to check in - I've been MIA for a while. DH and I have had a busy month. We moved house on June 1st and it's been really stressful trying to unpack and get everything set up. We just set up our computers yesterday.

I also took a pregnancy test two weeks and it was positive. :) But I've been having brown bleeding on and off since yesterday. :blackeye: I'm trying to be hopeful but it's hard. :blackeye: Hopefully I'll get a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what's going on.

I hope everything is well with everyone else. Mere - I hear you about feeling the urge for #2! Re: the teenage guy: I wouldn't feel comfortable either. Do you know what his schedule is? Just thinking if you didn't want to complain him you could plan to be there on the days when the other babysitter is working.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Sha-I hope that everything is ok!

As for me, this thread is about to get a whole lot busier (well, whenever I am back with internet) b/c we leave THIS WEEKEND to go to Ethiopia and adopt our 2 1/2 year old soon-to-be son. :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Sha -- congrats on the positive test! I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Bella -- good luck on the trip! You must be counting down the hours!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sha- Praying for a sticky. Congratulations on the bfp!

Bella-so stinking excited for you!!!! Can't wait to hear of your adventures! Are you on FB?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sha: Praying for a sticky baby for you!!! I'll keep everything I can keep crossed crossed!!!

Bella: Super excited for you!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Sha, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Congratulations again on the BFP!

Bella... So excited for you! Hope that you all have an absolutely blessed trip and everything goes perfectly! Can't wait to *meet* your son upon your return!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Sha- I am praying for you. Try to get a doc's appt. Am so happy for you! wow #2! :love:
mere-f that! complain! you pay your gym monthly dues and they should listen when something is not going right. especially when this lil kid doesn't even know what he is doing. hope you speak to someone. not acceptable.

just doing a drive-by. it's semi-slow in here! :o

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Pic of the lil miss diva j!

"Don't call us, we'll call you!"

jphone.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! :)) Thanks for all the good wishes! The support here really means a lot...truly :)) I got a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and was able to have an ultrasound - transvaginal since it was too early to see anything from above. But I got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! :D Such a relief! I was so happy. IT was so cool to see the heart beating already. Doc estimates I'm about 6 weeks and 3 days. He wasn't too worried about the spotting/bleeding - said it's fairly common to have that in early pregnancy. It's pretty much tapered off now - thank God. I had a bit of nausea yesterday and that was reassuring too. After that scare I don't think I'll be complaining about pregnancy symptoms ever again! I'm just hoping and praying everything goes well.

Bella - how exciting! I know you've looked forward to this for so long! Have a great trip! I hope everything goes well and you come back home soon with your little boy!

mtjoya - that is such a cute pic of J! :love: And she looks like she's really listening to someone on the other end.... :lol: Her hair has grown so much! She looks like a proper little toddler now.

Hugs to everyone else! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results