shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies. Hope all of the sickly little babes are on the mend.

Have any of you tried BLW if your little ones are in daycare? Ev won't be starting solids for a couple months, but I'm trying to read up on it beforehand. It seems like BLW would work better for SAHMs and those with nannies.

Oh, and did anyone else suddenly start shedding a ton of hair around 4 months post-partum? For the past couple of weeks, I have been losing a ton of hair in the shower and when I fix my hair. I have to keep cleaning out my brush and vacuuming my bathroom floor (white tile) every day. And my hair keeps ending up all over everything, and even my DH is starting to notice. I hope it doesn't last too much longer; hair (even my own) is gross!

Finally, Ev has slept for 8-9 hours straight every night this week. [Knocks on wood....] Trying to figure out whose child I have in my house and what they did with my baby :) Now, I just need to relearn to sleep through the night too because I seem to be up every hour on the hour :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1361562638|3387856 said:
Hi ladies. Hope all of the sickly little babes are on the mend.

Have any of you tried BLW if your little ones are in daycare? Ev won't be starting solids for a couple months, but I'm trying to read up on it beforehand. It seems like BLW would work better for SAHMs and those with nannies.

Oh, and did anyone else suddenly start shedding a ton of hair around 4 months post-partum? For the past couple of weeks, I have been losing a ton of hair in the shower and when I fix my hair. I have to keep cleaning out my brush and vacuuming my bathroom floor (white tile) every day. And my hair keeps ending up all over everything, and even my DH is starting to notice. I hope it doesn't last too much longer; hair (even my own) is gross!

Finally, Ev has slept for 8-9 hours straight every night this week. [Knocks on wood....] Trying to figure out whose child I have in my house and what they did with my baby :) Now, I just need to relearn to sleep through the night too because I seem to be up every hour on the hour :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I briefly talked about BLW with daycare and they seemed supportive, so I don't think it would be a problem.

And yes to the hair loss! 4m PP was about the same with me. Gobs and gobs of it. Ick.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, yes, I have been meaning to post on here about the hair loss. I lose a lot in the shower every day. Hoping it ends soon. Yay for Ev sleeping through the night!

AMC, good luck with the feeding. I am intrigued by BLW - I have 2 months left to get a plan in place. The pediatrician said we can start rice at 4 months and solids at 6 months on the last visit. Is Rice cereal against the BLW philosophy? K turns 4 months next week, and we have her 4 month check up the week after. I hope B is continuing to improve health wise.

AFU, one of my best friends is coming for the weekend to visit. K has been pretty good at sleeping this week although she woke up a few times earlier than I would like and was patted back to sleep. She is in her crib though, and that is working out well. We are still swaddling - we have one arm out. She has been getting the 2nd arm out on her own so we may just move on to trying her with both arms out now. She has been super fussy during the day and evenings though. I'm hoping she outgrows it soon. She will be 17 weeks old on Monday. It's hard to believe how quickly time has flown by. Last year at this time, we just got a BFP!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
JGator|1361565395|3387916 said:
AMC, good luck with the feeding. I am intrigued by BLW - I have 2 months left to get a plan in place. The pediatrician said we can start rice at 4 months and solids at 6 months on the last visit. Is Rice cereal against the BLW philosophy? K turns 4 months next week, and we have her 4 month check up the week after. I hope B is continuing to improve health wise.

I'm probably wrong, but I think the theory is to hold off until 6m at which point you start with finger foods. That is based on some quick reading I've been doing. B refused to eat rice cereal. I mixed it with apple sauce, apples, purees, etc. No go. It was his pediatrician who told me to start on purees early because he was eating 50oz+ of formula a day...we just wanted to get him eating. We tried at a little over 4m and he just gagged. A few weeks later (close to 5m) and he was all over it.

Question for those of you have done BLW- can you do purees and finger foods? Or does that confuse him/defeat the purpose? I know he won't really be eating the finger foods at this point, and I don't want him going back to 100% formula. But I don't want to confuse him. Is he smarter than I'm giving him credit for?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just got back from his 6m wellness check. 29.5" and 21lbs 11oz. :shock:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
You can totally do a hybrid of purées and BLW. We do a modified BLW, so mostly finger foods, but purées once in a while. We basically feed him whatever we are eating so long as it is healthy and not a no no food (honey, peanuts, etc). Under one food is just for fun really, but it sounds like B might need some substance to balance out his caloric needs. Go with high fat foods such as meat, avocado, egg yolk, full fat yogurt,etc. When we feed purées, we place some finger foods on his tray while we prep the purée, then feed purée and the offer more finger foods. When doing purées, you can load the spoon and hand it to B to then put in his mouth - then he is still making the decision to eat and going at his own speed. Have fun with it!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man the hair loss is crazy right now.. My hubby keeps asking whats going on and why im losing so much hair! its EVERYWHERE!!!! I hope it stops soon too.. I will be 4months PP next week.. but man it sucks lol i think im shedding more than my long hair cat if thats even possible haha

Oh nice to see everyone else is doing BLW too!! I found a really helpful group page on FB that a friend linked me too and it has a ton of info on it ... We definitely plan on doing it when Chase turns 6 months.. so in about 2 months.. but he is already grabbing our food from us now when we try to eat while holding him or he watches us eat it.. it makes us so sad lol Hubby actually let him lick a dorito the other day because he kept crying watching hubby eat them since they were snuggling and as soon as he put it by his face he started licking it and was happy lol I know not the best thing but hey.. this kid has been teething and going thru a growth spurt at the same time.. so you have a starving kid who wants to eat every 2 hrs or less but yet he just wants to chew.. not sure how it works out lol

Chase has been uber cranky/fussy lately.. i seriously think someone switched my baby.. lol He has been going to bed somewhere between 9 and 10pm but then hes up at like 2,3,4,5am and eats at 5 or 6 am.. then back to sleep hopefully if im lucky till 8 or 9am.. but omg waking up every hour sucksss.....Its been a rough week to say the least.. We ended up taking him to the pediatrician because he had a fever of 100.7 then i gave tylenol and went down to 99.5, 99 then back up to 100.. so its still at 100 right now.. dr didnt really see any reason for him to have a fever.. maybe its related to the teething.. who knows.. but he did get a nebulizer that we have to use now everyday like 2-3 times a day since he has just been congested for a while.. we even have a humidifier in our room and would use the nosefrida every night and would still be stuffy..so thats another thing for this poor kid.. he just cant win lol

Does anyone else's kid want one parent over the other on the weekends?? Its like Chase is sick of seeing me during the week that on the weekends all he wants is daddy.. as soon as daddy leaves the room he cries.. daddy walks back in and he starts talking and smiling.. Im wondering if its just because he doesnt get to see hubby much during the week because he is at work then studying so when he sees he is home all day he just wants his attention..its cute though but annoying lol because hubby needs to be studying so im stuck with a crying baby who just wants daddy...

Well we officially have a roller.. he is rolling consistently from tummy to back! Like as soon as we try tummy time he is like hell no and flips over haha we are working on the back to belly again.. he did it a few times but not since again..

Well heres to hoping we have a better week next week.. This no napping or 30-45 min naps are crap lol and the constant waking up is no fun for mommy!

OH and has anyones kid went from preferring COLD BM to preferring WARM BM?? Chase would just scream when we gave him cold BM which he used to love so now we have to warm it up before we give it to him or hes pissed lol He has definitely changed so much in the past 2-3 weeks... Hopefully he mellows out again..

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I know I've been MIA for a while, but wanted to chime in on the BLW discussion. We do a hybrid of BLW and purees because our daycare was not on board - she gets purees there and a combo of purees and finger foods at home.

I've been reading along and keeping up but no time to post! Happy birthday to Sylvie, Katie, and Ethan, we will miss you ladies!

AFU things have been crazy. I've been assigned to help on a huge work project that is keeping me very busy and took me away from Nora for three nights on a business trip a couple weeks ago. It was super hard but I made it and survived having to pump round the clock for four days. Major props to any of you mamas who are exclusive pumpers, I hated it! My work project is going to keep me pretty busy until the end of June, and as of last week DH found out one of his partners is leaving his firm, leaving two of them to do the job of three. It's going to be a rough few months but we will do our best to muddle through.

Nora is going to be eight months next week, loving this age. She's sitting up great and quasi-crawling - she can't move forward but she can go in every other direction! I turned my back while putting away groceries tonight and she had the drawer under the oven with cookie sheets open and was banging them in delight. She's eating her purees great at school but doesn't eat as well at home, I think because she's pretty exhausted by the time she gets home from not napping well at school. One day this week she only slept for 35 minutes all day! She's still nursing like a champ, no sign of dropping any feeds. Mamas of older babies, when did they start to nurse less?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, holy cow YES for the hair loss. I think mine was closer to 6 months, but OMG it was crazy how much hair I was losing. I think it took 8 wks or so for it to finally go back to a normal pace. So glad Ev's sleeping well for you :) :appl:

JGator, glad K's doing well with the crib transition :) I found it nice to have our room back and Ethan was quite content to sleep in his room by himself. Hope you have fun with your friend in town. Has she met K yet?

AMC, Big B! I can't believe the size of your little man. Good luck with the BLWing. A few moms I know have done it, so I would imagine it's fun and easy enough. Sounds like B's getting into the finger foods anyway. :)

BB, The fever definitely sounds like it's teething related. Ch must be having 6 teeth coming out at once. Poor little man. Sounds like he's totally ready to start eating foods, he seems so interested. Your DH is funny for letting him lick chips. Hm, can your DH maybe study on the floor with Ch in a boppy or just with DH's hand on him. He can read aloud his text so Ch is getting read to also. J used to read The Atlantic (magazine) to Ethan when he was a wee baby. No advice on the warm BM. Ethan switched to cold milk once he started teething. I'm sure like everything this is just a phase.

Steph, wow sounds like things have been/will be crazy for the next few months. Hoping you guys pull through it with relative comfort.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Flying post, I am so far behind no hope of catching up ( :( ) but very quickly :

We are also planning on doing BLW. I bought the Gill Rapley book and am working my way through it. We plan to buy a high chair this month and have T join us for meals. No actual solids though till he's at least 6 months.

Holy moly YEP to the hair loss!!! It has been going on for WEEKS here. It is gross :knockout:

We are battling with full-on teething (huge white lumps cutting through his gums all over his mouth, drooling like crazy, biting on everything and sucking in his lips - that last one is hilarious, the others not so much) and also... hand foot and mouth disease! I never knew people could get hand foot and mouth. I looked at the doctor like she had ten heads. My poor baby ;( His hands look like he's gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson and his throat has lesions on it. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday night last week he had a horrible fever and just screamed in pain all night. I switched him to disposable nappies as their poo stays contagious for weeks with this thing, and between that and the teething he immediately got his first bout of nappy rash. I am thinking of going back to our cloth nappies. Other than the rashes in various places he is well on the mend now thank God but it hasn't been fun.

I will come back later and post to everyone better :wavey:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, ugh, hope your little guy is feeling better! Ev has been sucking in his lower lip lately too, and I agree, it is freaking adorable! Funniest facial expression ever :) No sign of teeth for him yet though.

Steph, hope things slow down for you a bit, and that your little one starts sleeping more during the day. Ev is a big cat napper too, and it takes a lot to get him to nap during the day.

BB, sounds like Chase is just gearing up for some big changes and growing. I'm sure he'll be back to his sweet self soon. My little guy was so high-strung the first 3 months or so, and we are just now getting a taste of what it's like to have a calm, contented baby. For the past week, he has been sleeping 8-9 hours straight in his crib. I'm going to cry if he starts regressing again, but I'm sure it is pretty much inevitable that it will happen.

amc, what a big boy you have! With all of his hair and his height, I bet people are surprised he is only 6 months old.

JGator, Ev has always been fussy, but I remember around 16-17 weeks, he started getting really fussy in the evenings. He has been better again lately. Hopefully, K is just going through a phase. We are still swaddling with the woombie. I actually just ordered another one in the next size up with convertible arms, so we can swaddle him with his arms in or out. I think we are going to keep swaddling until he tries rolling or it otherwise becomes an issue because he is sleeping so well lately, and I'd hate to ruin it unless we have to.

AFU, my SIL called me awhile ago because one of Ev's teachers said he got really stiff and start shaking for about 10 seconds while drinking his bottle earlier. He had his eyes closed and was falling asleep when it happened, and then when it was over, he started to cry because the teacher took the bottle away. We have never and nobody at daycare has ever seen him do it before, and he seems perfectly fine otherwise. We put a call in with the doctor, and he said not to worry unless it starts happening a lot or gets worse. Apparently, it is common for babies to have shudders just as they are falling asleep between 4-6 months. Has anyone heard of this? He gave my husband the name of some condition, which I will google later, but just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

ETA: the condition the doctor mentioned is Benign Neonatal Sleep Myoclonus. . . .

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
MP, that must have been a very scary call to get! It's reassuring to hear that it's normal, but when I first read your post my heart started racing a little.

Just stopping by quickly because I promised to post some pics from Katie's party. It was SO MUCH FUN! Katie had a great time seeing everybody and opening gifts. And she really seemed to enjoy her tutu. But her favorite was definitely her cupcake. We made a rookie mistake and cut the cake before putting her down for her second nap. I put her in her crib and she literally ran around in it until I took her out. Once she came down from her sugar high, she was a fusspot.

First, some overdue pics of her walking and her 12 month shot of her with Patrick the puppy. Also, a pic of her on her actual birthday (I got her the PB Kids anywhere chair).

katie_12_months_cropped.jpg

katie_chair2_cropped.jpg

katiewalking.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
NEL, love the pictures! Looks like she had a great time at her party!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome pics, NEL. She looks so serious! Love her pink tutu and bow, adorable!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Everyone.

MP, so scary about Ev. I hope that was a one time thing.

NEL, K is adorable and such a beautiful little girl. I remember you wanting a boy originally so it looks like you have totally embraced being a mom to a tutu and pink bow sporting girl!

LC, my friend from FL hadn't met K yet. We had a nice low key weekend. My friend was able to break out her winter wardrobe since it was in the 80s at her house compared to the 30s here.

BB, I think K decided last night that she only likes cold formula. She refused her warmed up formula so I thought about what you posted, and I took some cold stuff out of the fridge.

Buttons, so sorry T is battling Hand, Foot, and Mouth and teething. That sounds like a nightmare. I feel so sorry for both of you. I hope T gets better soon.

AMC, wow, B is a big boy. K has her 4 month appt next week - I think she's somewhere around 14-15 lbs. I'm wondering how tall she is as she has outgrown a couple sleepers which are 3-6 month size. I hope B is on the mend.

AFM, I started taking Reglan last night to help with milk production. I am pumping 5X a day and getting between 300-400ml total which is 10-13 ounces/day while still taking Fenugreek, Mothers Milk tea, Mother Love capsules, oatmeal, etc. So, I'm going to see if this does anything for my supply - if not, I'll just accept it and move on. K got up at 4am last night - she was trying to get the one hand out of the swaddle - and gnawing on her swaddle blanket so I think she was trying to soothe herself but couldn't. We will likely experiment with letting both arms out of the swaddle once DH gets back in town on Thursday night. I don't like to try new things when I'm the only one here to experience the fun of possible earlier wake ups!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess said:
amc, what a big boy you have! With all of his hair and his height, I bet people are surprised he is only 6 months old.

Yeah, most people think he's at least 10 months. I've been asked more than once if he's walking. The funny thing is he seems to be pretty advanced in his gross motor skills. He can pull himself to standing if he's holding onto the ottoman (well, more like push himself up, his legs are crazy strong). So people probably think he's just mentally slow or something! The doctor said that tall babies generally meet those types of milestones earlier, which is opposite of what I would have thought. Interesting!

B is doing SO much better. He's not congested for the first time in a long time. He has a bit of a cough but nothing like it was. I think he's about ready to pop his other bottom tooth. Oh, and best of all, he's been sleeping so much better. The night before last he slept from 11pm-7am, and last night it was about midnight-7:15. He goes to sleep around 8pm, and no matter what I do I can't get him to not wake 2 hours after he sleeps. Last night I did a dream feed at about 10:30, so then he woke up at midnight to eat again. Any ideas on that one?

Finger foods are going well. He will take bites of banana and ritz crackers (um, not sure I'm supposed to give these to him, but he likes them). 90% of it gets spit out, but at least he can hold and bite it. He also will grab onto the spoon and attempt to feed himself (so messy!). Oh, and he's mastered the sippy cup and will drink water out of it. He got his second haircut on Sunday, first one at a real place. He didn't love it.

I love seeing all of the pictures of adorable babies (and toddlers!). I hope everyone is doing well!

Here's a pic of him standing up (blurry)-

bstanding.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1361573840|3388060 said:
Just got back from his 6m wellness check. 29.5" and 21lbs 11oz. :shock:
Oh my gosh AMC! B is huge! A just had her 15 month check up today and she's 31.5 inches and 22lbs 13oz!

NEL, Katie is ridiculously adorable! I love those pictures!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild said:
Oh my gosh AMC! B is huge! A just had her 15 month check up today and she's 31.5 inches and 22lbs 13oz!

NEL, Katie is ridiculously adorable! I love those pictures!

That's what I get for having a husband who is 6'7"!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey: ,

First of all, happy belated birthday to Ethan, Sylvie, and Katie. I'll miss you ladies.

Amc, glad to hear that B is over the bronchiolitis. N had it over the holidays and we also had to use a nebuliser.

MP, I'm afraid I've never heard of that condition. Do you have any more information on it?

Buttons, teething already? N will be 8 months next week and still no teeth. I still love the toothless smile, though.

Hi to everyone else! :wavey:

AFU, we're doing okay. N loves to stand these days and he's good at pulling himself up. He's also started clapping. He also loves his solids; sometimes I worry about overfeeding him. I think separation anxiety has started kicking in as he wants us around and wants to be held all the time; I'm not looking forward to months and months of this.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone. :wavey: K decided to wake up several times last night (sleep regression??), and she is getting really difficult to feed. She turns her head away and moves her legs/arms - sometimes we can only feed her in her bouncy seat. And, she is eating more than ever. She went from 4 oz to 5 oz on most feedings and is hungry every 2 hours during the day now. Is this the 19 week leap or something else? Anyone have any similar experiences? She'll be 4 months old on Friday.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, B really does look older than 6 months in that picture! And so cute.

Mayerling, glad to hear things are going well for you. That's nice you haven't had to worry about teething yet, and I do love those gumless smiles.

JGator, good luck with the reglan. You have done a great job and given it your all. Hope the deswaddling goes well. I think we probably need to switch to arms out soon too, but the boy really loves his woombie. Just saw that you posted again. Yes, yes, yes, to all of those things you mentioned. Ev is almost 20 weeks, and he was eating a ton the past couple weeks and wanting to eat every 2 hours or more, so we bumped him up to 5 oz. I think he is slowing down a bit now though and not finishing his bottles anymore. And he is definitely tougher to feed and much more easily distracted these days. This morning, DH and I were in a hurry to get out of the house, and he was so slow to take his bottle. He kept trying to watch the news on tv and kept smiling at his daddy whenever he walked by. It's cute, but not when you are in a hurry!

AFU, I think I got a bit too cocky about his sleeping because he has been restless and woken up needing to be fed around 3:30 the past two nights. DH went to bed earlier than I did and got up with him both mornings, so I can't complain too much. He was coughing a lot last night, so I just hope he starts sleeping through the night again soon. It was so nice while it lasted!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
JGator, yes! At 4 months babies are SUPER distracted to eat. I fed Ethan in a room all by myself. Kicked DH and the dog out. Otherwise he's always craning his neck to see what else is going on. And no, he didn't let go of the nipple while doing that.

MP, yes, it's SO cute watching them smile at Daddy, but totally agree with you when you're in a hurry. I've been known to say to Ethan, "Dude, FOCUS!" But it doesn't work :rolleyes:

Mayer, clapping :appl: That's great! Sorry to hear about the separation anxiety. NEL and Pancake both had velcro baby stages, not sure if their babies grew out of it. Ethan's been always been pretty independent (doing what he wants to do), except when he's sick he totally wants snuggles.

AMC, Glad B's no longer congested. Did you decide if you're doing BLWing? No thoughts on the waking 2hrs after the dream feed. Maybe he's just hitting a growth spurt?

Sorry for still hanging around here, there's not that much activity in the toddler thread. I was hoping NEL and Pancake etc would be joining too. I always have time to check it at work, but not so much at home. I'm also trying to make a conscious decision to limit screen time at home. That way Ethan doesn't just know me as Mama-and-the-computer and DH and I aren't just existing in the same space staring at laptops.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
JGator|1362066925|3392596 said:
Hi, everyone. :wavey: K decided to wake up several times last night (sleep regression??), and she is getting really difficult to feed. She turns her head away and moves her legs/arms - sometimes we can only feed her in her bouncy seat. And, she is eating more than ever. She went from 4 oz to 5 oz on most feedings and is hungry every 2 hours during the day now. Is this the 19 week leap or something else? Anyone have any similar experiences? She'll be 4 months old on Friday.

19 week sleep regression and growth spurt are both legitimate. It's one of the wonder weeks and it is definitely real. I don't know anyone who didn't experience the 19 week sleep regression! Hang in there on that one. It took us two weeks to get back to C's normal routine.

As for the feeding/craning of the neck, I wish I could say it got better but C still does it at 6.5 months. He needs to see everything happening. It's much easier to feed him if I am the only one home and nobody else is around to distract him. We've even had a handful of fitful crying fussy feeds b/c he is so eager to both eat and watch the world and he can't do both at the same time!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Delurking to say that, LC, I'm sure we'd all love having you around here for as long as possible. I also lurk on the toddler thread and I was a bit surprised that NEL and Pancake haven't posted since they used to post a lot on this thread.

Edit: As soon as I wrote this, I noticed that NEL posted on the toddler thread. :bigsmile:

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hi mamas! Lliang, we will keep you here as long as we can! Muahaha.

amc, my gosh B is ginormous. He's such a cutie, love that blonde hair! Glad to hear he's doing better finally.

MP, woohoo for good sleeps! I think if they're just getting up once a night, that's a vast improvement, right??

Meg, we're going through the 19 week sleep regression as well, see below. (MP, are we at 19 weeks? Coming up on 20? I stopped keeping track... :cheeky: )) Do not like! Want more sleep!

Hi to everyone else, sorry to not respond individually!

We stopped swaddling this week. Two days ago. Harlowe was getting crazy with the rolling onto her face in her sleep, so we stopped cold turkey. I'm wondering if this was a terrible idea, because she still rolls onto her face, but also her side, halfway to her belly, is grabbing things, etc. OMG she's a monkey! Needless to say, we've been up a lot. :sick: Part of it is paranoia on my part, since she doesn't sleep on her back at all anymore. So I keep listening for breathing. I think I'd go nuts if she was in her crib in her room. Hopefully this all goes back to normal soon.

I finally ordered some fenugreek and blessed thistle to hopefully up my supply some. We'll see if it works! Pumping is not too much of a pain in the ass yet, so I want to keep going as long as I can.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
sunnyd, just wanted to let you know that we also stopped swaddling cold turkey once A learned how to roll from back to belly. He's 10.5 months old now and he still sleeps on his side, belly, and whatever else position he can get into! He doesn't spend much time on his back. I think babies prefer to sleep on their bellies so they don't startle as much. I totally know what you mean about checking for breathing sounds! If I don't see A moving in his sleep on the monitor, I'll go into his room and make sure! I stopped sleeping in his room around 4 months because he wouldn't sleep as well with me in there.

JGator and MP, yes to the 4-month growth spurt. That was the hardest one for A to get over too! Distracted feedings and getting up in the middle of the night. A started STTN right before that growth spurt hit and then he wanted a feeding overnight. I think it took him until close to 6 months before he started STTN again. But I didn't force anything on him. I knew there was a lot going on for him, with the de-swaddling, me moving out of his room, and growth spurt all at once. It will get better though! A now sleeps a good 11-13 hours overnight. Even after his few nights sleeping on me in the living room when he had his high fevers didn't wreck it. The night after his fever broke, I put him back in his crib in just a short-sleeved onesie because he was still running around 101, and he STTN like a champ!

Sorry I only seem to come on here to give advice randomly. I just don't have time to post everyday like I used to. But I do keep reading along everyday! I need to post an updated pic of A, but can't figure out how to do it from my phone where all my pics of him are. He's pulling/standing all the time, including in his crib. He can clap on command and generally claps when he's excited.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hi S&I! Do you think I should be rolling her back to her back when she sleeps on her tummy? I mean I know we all slept on our stomachs and lived to tell because that was the norm, but man they like to freak you out about anything other than back sleeping!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd, they are indeed almost 20 weeks! I lost count too, but my husband still has the countdown to the due date (and now days since the due date) on his phone. So I did the math based on how many days old he is. Whenever anyone asks how old he is, I just say 4 months. The week thing is too complicated. My little guy is not rolling onto his tummy yet. He just rolls to his side thus far. However, I was told that once they are able to roll back and forth from their tummy, that you do not need to turn them over if they roll on their tummy to sleep. I'm not saying that is what you should do, but that is what I was told by a friend who is a pediatrician.

S&I, nice to see you check in! Glad little A is doing well, and please do post a pic when you get a chance. I want to see how big he's gotten. I really do not have the time to be posting everyday either, but I'm so addicted to keeping up with everyone on here, and nobody in real life wants to talk baby as much as you ladies are willing to do!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
MP, that makes me feel better. As long as she's not on her face, haha.

I just go by months now too. After 12 weeks it becomes too much math when people ask how old she is. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results