shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the carseat advice, NEL and Kunzite. The Radian does seem like the right choice based on Ev's build and our cars (and hopefully we will have a need to add another carseat or two to the backseat at some point, so I like that they are somewhat narrow). DH is looking the website over, and hopefully, he'll give the go ahead to order them, so we can take advantage of the sale. Does anyone else feel like their husband holds up all the decisions? I'm much more impulsive, but DH needs to let things simmer and look it over several times. I appreciate that he cares and takes the time, but half the time, we miss the best price because of this, and we end up doing what I was prepared to do days or weeks earlier!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
MP, have you also considered the Graco MySize70/ Headwise 70/ Size4Me70? Not to confuse you once you've made a decision, but in case you didn't know it's one of the tallest seats. I can't speak about it personally because I've never seen one but a lot of people love them. They are wider than the Radians though (in case you ever need 3 across). Not to dissuade you from the Radian by any means, we ADORE our Radians! Just in case you hadn't looked at it.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, yes, my husband is the same way on a lot of things. It took us 6 months to research, test drive, and buy a new car last year, and it probably took him longer than that to buy a mattress before we were married.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, ha, sounds familiar. I always tease my husband that now I know why it took him so long to propose! Anyway, we ended up ordering two Radian RXTs. DH only ordered them when I agreed he can keep doing a bit more research before we open the boxes to make sure we want to keep them. We are also considering high chairs right now, so maybe we'll have a high chair by the time he's a year old ;-) He also decided I need a new car before we have another baby, so that ought to be a long drawn out process too.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, I bought a similar seat because I found a really good deal. I think mine might is the seat that's a step down from yours. Anyway, we are going to leave that one in the car for when we are out and about. But we need a real high chair because we have a glass table and our chairs have black fabric, which is about the opposite of a baby friendly setup. We are waiting until we buy a new house to get a "real" table and chairs. Man, I don't even want to think of all of the expenses we have coming up in the next year or so - new house, new cars, and everything else we are going to need for Ev. Bye bye savings :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! So, at B's daycare they move to the next room up as soon as they are walking. But sometimes if the baby room is over ratio they will move a baby over until another teacher comes in. Apparently once they are 9 months they can be moved temporarily, which is what happened to B today (9 months as of yesterday!). So he was over with the "big" kids. I'm glad I was there to see it- he looked like he was having a lot of fun. He definitely fits in better with that age (and he's the same size or bigger than most of them, ha).

I've got an eating question. B is doing great with finger foods- he finally figured out that he needs to chew. And he still gets spoon fed purees. But if you try to put anything chunky on a spoon he will gag and then throw up. It's like he thinks spoon = don't have to chew. Is this just a developmental thing?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, wow, B is so grown up hanging out with the older kids. At our daycare, infants don't move up to the younger toddler room until they are 12-14 and walking. At the rate Ev is going, he may not be walking by then. Seriously, I hate to say it, but I think he's lazy! As for the choking/eating off spoon thing, I bet you're right it is a developmental type thing and he hasn't quite grasped the difference.

AFM, I feel like I'm dominating the thread lately, but I have another question for you all who have part-time schedules. I'm trying to decide the ideal arrangement because I'm about to present a proposal to my group leader. Okay, I just had a long script written out, but on second thought, I think I'm going to start a separate thread on this. But let me know if you have any advice!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1368132005|3443562 said:
amc, wow, B is so grown up hanging out with the older kids. At our daycare, infants don't move up to the younger tolder room until they are 12-14 and walking. At the rate Ev is going, he may not be walking by then. Seriously, I hate to say it, but I think he's lazy! As for the choking/eating off spoon thing, I bet you're right it is a developmental type thing and he hasn't quite grasped the difference.

Yeah ours moves them up as soon as they are walking (as long as they are 9 months). It makes sense, the babies who are almost walking are usually so bored in the infant room. I was a little concerned since B is so much younger, but they said he had a blast. Thanks for chiming in on the eating thing.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
My DH spent close to the last year researching what our second car was going to be. When he finally got a list together and took the car seats around to try out none of them worked for one reason or another and we ended up with a second Pilot :lol:

MP, I hope you love your Radian!

amc, all of the daycares I've looked at also required kids in the toddler room to be on one nap a day and eating all finger foods, so that might be something to double check.

It's so quiet in here! I'm going to post a BPF so I expect the rest of the mamas to post too :wink2: :cheeky: I posted this in the multiples thread, but this was from our walk last weekend. LOVE the new Indie!!

_6083.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1368200421|3444146 said:
amc, all of the daycares I've looked at also required kids in the toddler room to be on one nap a day and eating all finger foods, so that might be something to double check.

Ours is broken out into two toddler rooms and they move to the older one around 18 months. The first one is where they move them to the one nap a day schedule (but have flexibility for the younger ones). I think it's more of a safety thing so there aren't walkers trampling over the little babies.

Super cute picture! B has that butterfly thing and loves it.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, they are the cutest. That stroller looks awesome with their eyes :) We haven't tried the Radian out yet, but I'm anxious to see how Ev likes it and how well it fits in our cars. I've been a bad mommy and don't have any cute recent pictures of Ev. I can attach the pictures I took this morning, so I could send a picture of his first tooth to my mom. He was so uncooperative. I can't imagine why he didn't like the idea of me holding his mouth open and flashing a camera in his face first thing in the morning ;-) I also snapped one of his amber teething necklace that I secrety put on him when daddy's not around!

20130504_191543.jpg

20130504_191356.jpg

20130505_144914.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite, love your boys' yummy feet! I just want to grab them and kiss them, haha. We're thinking of getting a Pilot for #2, but we might end up getting it earlier so I guess it wouldn't technically be for baby #2. :)

AMC, wow about B moving up to the big kids' class! I definitely don't want A to be moved over until he's steadily walking. So far he's content with just crawling around everywhere instead of walking.

MP, Ev is getting so big and looks so happy. I do the same thing with A's amber necklace, haha. DH is getting used to it, but A's daycare thinks it's a choking hazard. So I double it up around his ankle and put his sock over it so he won't mess with it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm not around these parts very often anymore, but hope to catch up once the school year ends and summer begins!

Anyway, just wanted to wish all you lovely mamas a happy early Mother's Day! You're all such wonderful mothers and women- enjoy this time with your families and little ones!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh alright Kunzite, if you insist :bigsmile:

The first pic was taken 4 weeks ago! I can't believe our dude is 5 months tomorrow!

almost_sitting_up_17_weeks.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also a comparison shot... O's newborn hair was quite long and medium brown. It all fell out and now he has a blonde fuzznut! His new nickname is Spike :rodent: I didn't know newborn hair fell out! Well I never.

dsc05733.jpg

fuzznut_21_weeks.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite I just love the colour of your stroller, it's divine!! Your boys are so beautiful, and look like such happy little guys!

Aww mp Ev is just the cutest thing. And sporting a tooth and still looking so happy too, what a champ!

Thanks PPM, you too!

Hello to everyone else, and wishing you the most beautiful Mother's Day! Hope everyone has a wonderful time with their families... and a sleep in! :bigsmile:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: Hi mamas; long time no chat!

jgator that's the exact seat we were considering (the fisher price healthy care booster)! I wanted something compact, easy to wipe (why do they upholster high chairs?!), and inexpensive. The only "real" high hair I liked was the oxo tot sprout but I can't bring myself to fork over $250 for a high chair (boy, oh boy, do I wish I could).

mp first tooth!! So exciting :D Ev's eyelashes are out of control; I wish mine were half as long!

kunzite the boys are too cute & look so happy in there stroller :)

dandi that first pic of O is sooo adorable! I know, we just hit 5 mos & it's unbelievable...it's going too fast!

AFU, things are chugging right along. Went back to work (part time) with Ellie; I finally feel like we are getting in a really good routine for work days. My mom was back visiting for 2 weeks & we did a little weekend trip to Yosemite. Ellie was a dream the entire time! Her sleeping still leaves much to be desired :( Generally she goes down between 7 & 8 but then has a wake up between 11-12 ( I'm trying to cut out this wake up) then wakes up to eat between 3-5 and up for the day between 7-8. Any ideas for how to stop the first wake up?? It seems like she knows I'm about to fall asleep bc it often happens about 15 mis after mt head hits the pillow :errrr:
Anyways, hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day!! Here's Ellie's 5 mo pic:

image_430.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 1st Mother's day!!!! :appl:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I am always so floored by how GORGEOUS PS babies are. I mean, really. During average, day-to-day encounters with mamas and babies, I never see this many beautiful, beautiful babes. They're just darling. It makes me want more... Must step away from OPKs... must step away... ::)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PilsnPinkysMom|1368381404|3445560 said:
I am always so floored by how GORGEOUS PS babies are. I mean, really. During average, day-to-day encounters with mamas and babies, I never see this many beautiful, beautiful babes. They're just darling. It makes me want more... Must step away from OPKs... must step away... ::)

Yes, gorgeous babies here! Glad to be part of things!

So. Alex will be 12 months old on the 26th. :o I'll be moving into the next thread! I DON'T WANNA!!!!
She is walking. She has a lot of teeth and hair. She has words. She has humor! And...she has hugs! Finally! Mostly for the dog, OMG DAISY, but sometimes for mommy and daddy, too. :rolleyes:

Happy Mother's Day to everyone here. What a fabulous, fortunate first Mom's Day we've had. Love to all.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls! Long time no talk. Sorry - bad PSer here!! I can't get over how adorable all of your babies are!! Like a PP said - I don't see that many stunning babies IRL - I think we have more than the average here :)

Speaking of car seats, we just moved Luca up to a convertible seat. He still fit in the bucket, but was getting SO heavy to lug around in it. And it has been MONTHS since he last slept in his bucket and didn't wake up when we tried to move him. So when a sale came up on a fancy seat that I liked, we did it!!

Here is a pic of him:

The seat is the "Foonf" by Clek. It is pretty pricey but with the sale, we got it for the same price as a Britax. It is made by a guy who used to work in the auto parts industry and has some pretty insane safety features. This thing is a tank. It is probably 40 lbs without a kid in it and it super solid.

Plus it comes in awesome colours (though DH made us pick the black on black haha)

In other news, everything is still going well. L is a much better baby than the first 4+ months and I love him more and more every day. He is starting to get...attitude? Like he has slight tantrums if I don't do what he wants. Stomping his legs and everything. It is pretty funny to be fair and is probably a sign of things to come!!

He still doesn't have any teeth which I think is super cute.

Here he is on Mother's Day:

We are still big fans of Baby Led Weaning - he eats pretty much everything although this has really drawn my attention to my own bad habits when it comes to food. I need to add some variety to my diet so that Luca gets to try lots of food!

His first birthday is around the corner (June 17) so I"m starting to plan his party! We are having a picnic in the backyard.

So how was everyone's Mother's Day? Mine was...so so. DH is notoriously bad/awful at birthdays, anniversaries, etc and this wasn't any different. There was a card (that I know he bought Saturday night) and that was it. According to him "Luca wanted to get me flowers" but he forgot. Seriously. First mother's day. You'd think he wouldn't have screwed that up! haha

I wasn't willing to just let it go for another year (which is what I always do) so we are having a do-over in a week or so. I know this sounds crazy but please. It was my first mother's day. I gave birth to Luca on Father's Day for goodness sake! haha

Hopefully yours was better than mine!

I hope everyone is doing well - saw on the Preggo thread that a few PSers had their babies recently so we should have some newcomers over here soon!! ;-)

_6266.jpg

_6267.jpg

_6268.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
PPM, I completely agree. PS babies are the cutest! Where's your picture of E? :)

Dandi, I love O's blond spikes. So cute! Ev was born with wispy black hair, which all fell out, and now his hair is coming in dark blond. My DH has black hair, so I thought for sure our kids would also have that, but it looks like he's taking after me.

Lulu, glad to hear things are going well. Ellie looks so cute and also so sweet! I wish I had advice for you on the late night waking up. Ev has an issue with that as well. It's like he gets into a deep sleep for the first couple hours, and then he wakes up and has a hard time settling around 10-11. Sometimes he will fall back asleep if we let him fuss a few minutes, but other times, he gets really worked up. I definitely think we need to do a little sleep training on him, so he can be better about soothing himself to sleep.

Monarch, wow, I can't believe she is almost one! I remember your post saying you were going into labor! Sounds like she is a true joy. I hope you'll keep checking in with us over here until we join you in the other thread.

Muff, nice to see your update! L's gotten so big. I love his big eyes. Sorry your Mother's Day was a bit of a disappointment. I love my DH to death, but he also needs a little direction as to how to properly mark occasions. I got a card from him, from Ev and one from the cat's too, and he handled the early wake-up and made us all pancakes. Last night, we went out to dinner with his family. I had hoped to spend the day with my boys, but DH felt a need to clean his car, lay out some grass seed, and other miscellaneous things that didn't really need to be done yesterday, so I ended up just hanging out with the baby most of the afternoon. But all in all, it was a good day, and I can't complain.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Muff, so, so, so, so, SO jealous of your Foonf =) =) (<- I'm assuming he's green with envy!!)

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
PS babies are the cutest!!

Muff- I could have wrote your post about Mother's Day. The card he bought the day before did not even have anything written in it until he had already told me he hadn't gotten anything for me. At least he is the one that brought up a do over but it just doesn't seem the same. I had even told him that my first mother's day was important and I wanted something to mark the day. I feel for you. Let us know how your do over goes.

Where did you get the Foonf on sale?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick question post since my man is crying but does anyone else have a ton of teeth? I see all these cute babies 6 months and older but not many teeth.

Little man got his first 2 at 4 months and cut 4 on top this past month-making that 6 teeth by 7 months of age. He teethed great-no sleep loss and was fussy a little but nothing major. He's 19.5 lbs and *almost* crawling.

My husbands mothers day gift to me was watching the hockey game-and I don't like hockey. He did try to take me to lunch after church but I told him we wouldn't find any openings but he didn't believe me-until he walked into 2 and they said they didn't have room :rolleyes:

p1030588.jpg

p1030593.jpg

_6290.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite - thanks!! I really like it. Supposedly the fabric is hospital grade and NOTHING can get through it. We'll see :)

Indecisive - I bought the Foonf on sale here in Canada, but from my research it was 20% off pretty much everywhere. I'm sure the sale will come back!

Vintage Lover - most babies I meet seem to have teeth by 7 months. Luca is still tooth-free at 11, but my sister told me that her kids didn't get teeth till 13 or 14 months so hopefully this is just normal for our family.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
B got his first tooth at 6 months and #2 followed by a week or so. #3 came through at about 8 months and #4 is popping through now at 9 months. I think it's totally normal either way.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Vintage, I agree with the others that there is a wide range of normal for teeth. I've heard that some babies are even born with teeth! Ev is 7 months, and his first tooth broke through about a week ago. I'm hoping the second one comes through soon because he looks funny with just the one tooth :) Your little guy is looking good!

Ev is finally sitting up! I was starting to worry about his lack of motivation to do anything but lie on the ground, but all of a sudden in the past few days, he has figured it out. At least for short periods of time anyway, and he is so darn proud of himself. He still shows no desire to crawl or anything, and he rolls over the second you put him on his tummy, but at least we have some progress. Oh, and DH and I have this thing where we attribute all of Ev's negative traits to the other parent, jokingly of course. Like his loud screaching, laziness, bad temper, etc. Anyway, last night, Ev had his pacifier in his mouth and was making noises, and all of a sudden he yelled what sounded like,"sh#t"! My DH never swears, but I sometimes have a habit of doing it, mainly to shock DH. (I never swear around non-family members, and my friends and colleagues would be shocked to hear me swear). Anyway, DH is blaming this one one me, and even though it was just a coincidence, I better clean up my act. "Sh#t" cannot be Ev's first word!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, Yay for Ev sitting up. K is still not rolling over and hates tummy time. She will roll to one side and often sleeps like that, but that's about it. She can sit up assisted, but will flop over pretty quickly if we don't help her.

Vintage, your son is adorable. I can't believe he has so many teeth. K is 6 months old and doesn't have any yet, and she has been teething forever.

AFU, K had a good night 2 nights ago as far as sleep goes and last night was horrible. Up every couple hours wanting to be held or fed. I ended up holding her in the rocking chair in her room for hours in the early AM today. She cried every time I attempted to put her down in her crib. I think our nanny letting her take her naps in her arms is biting us big time. She has been attempting to get her to nap in her crib without any success lately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results