shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, what is S going to dress up as? squeeeee, I can't wait to see pics of her all dressed up!!! :D Oh and our boys love their jumper activity center!!! hmmm, I checked out prices on the boon and that would be like $600 for us so I am not sure we will do that. We have spent so much on them so maybe I will try and find some simple easy to clean ones. Too bad they are so expensive. they sure are cute! That is great that work is flexible!

BASIL, can't wait to see your Darth Vader and Yoda!!! too cute!!! :D What are your thoughts on using Hydracortisone for eczema; I know you can't give me advice but are there cons to using it? I understand if you can't say, thanks!!! I appreciate any thoughts.

NOEL, that is going to be a great xmas card!!

CUPCAKE, aww, you and your lo are beautiful!!!! I love the bunny costume!!! :D Miles has eczema on his cheeks chin, arm fold (just one arm and back of his legs.

Well Miles eczema was red on his face and the little fold of his arm so the doctor prescribed hydrocortisone 2.5%; I am not sure if I should use it. Any cons to using it? I did buy something called Vanicream that is suppose to be good; I will let you all know if it works, in case some of the mommas have this problem too? I have my fingers crossed he grows out of it (my nephew has it and I feel bad for him since he always seems itchy)!!!! I will post pics for Halloween! I still need to get part of their costume! They will be Star Trek dudes, hubby's idea! :D Happy Friday Mommas!!!

Oh and I have been using the BOB walking and the boys behave themselves when we walk (no crying)!!! hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, what is S going to dress up as? squeeeee, I can't wait to see pics of her all dressed up!!! :D Oh and our boys love their jumper activity center!!! hmmm, I checked out prices on the boon and that would be like $600 for us so I am not sure we will do that. We have spent so much on them so maybe I will try and find some simple easy to clean ones. Too bad they are so expensive. they sure are cute! That is great that work is flexible!

BASIL, can't wait to see your Darth Vader and Yoda!!! too cute!!! :D What are your thoughts on using Hydracortisone for eczema; I know you can't give me advice but are there cons to using it? I understand if you can't say, thanks!!! I appreciate any thoughts.

NOEL, that is going to be a great xmas card!!

CUPCAKE, aww, you and your lo are beautiful!!!! I love the bunny costume!!! :D Miles has eczema on his cheeks chin, arm fold (just one arm and back of his legs.

AFM ******Well Miles eczema was red on his face and the little fold of his arm so the doctor prescribed hydrocortisone 2.5%; I am not sure if I should use it. Any cons to using it? I did buy something called Vanicream that is suppose to be good; I will let you all know if it works, in case some of the mommas have this problem too? I have my fingers crossed he grows out of it (my nephew has it and I feel bad for him since he always seems itchy)!!!! I will post pics for Halloween! I still need to get part of their costume! They will be Star Trek dudes, hubby's idea! :D Happy Friday Mommas!!!

Oh and I have been using the BOB walking and the boys behave themselves when we walk (no crying) so I guess they like it!!! hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick note; I googled more stuff on eczema and I think I will not use the hydrocortisone 2.5%. that seems like such a high dose and I was reading some bad side effects (like skin thinning and discoloration). Maybe if it becomes unbearable I will see if we can use a lower dose if we need to??

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake - Lorelei is the most adorable baby ever. Yes, it's a little cow bell velcro bracelet

Skippy - Skye has eczema and hydrocortisone does wonders. Not sure of long term effects. Also p
oatmeal baths and not bathing every day but instead every other helps.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1319837910|3049635 said:
Cupcake - Lorelei is the most adorable baby ever. Yes, it's a little cow bell velcro bracelet

Skippy - Skye has eczema and hydrocortisone does wonders. Not sure of long term effects. Also p
oatmeal baths and not bathing every day but instead every other helps.

oh poor Skye, I am glad she is doing better! I just think the 2.5% is such a high dose to start off with. I think I will try your oatmeal baths, thank you!!! I might ask for a lower dose.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Thanks for posting those pictures for me, friend! You're the best! I'm sorry to hear about Miles' eczema, poor baby!! :(sad Oliver is going to be Superman for Halloween. Do you have an Ikea near you? We have the Ikea highchair that's super cheap retail ($25, maybe) and we got it even cheaper on CL ($10!).

basil - I would ask them to scale back on the rash cream too. Since we cloth diaper we use cream very sparingly (plus the California Baby cream that is CD safe is expensive, lol) so we will only use a small amount if he's starting to look red. In fact, we have an entire thing of it at daycare and I don't think it's ever left his bin!

noel - I'm so glad to hear your recovery is going well. What about your DH? Did they ever determine what happened? Love the holiday pictures of S! I told DH that for our card picture I was thinking about putting O in a "nest" of Christmas lights. Surely that's not a fire or safety hazard, right? :cheeky:

LV - Thanks for the welcome back friend! Ummm, ALL of them are eBay finds!! And all of them are Gap. You can't tell, but the blue one is a super cute set of train pajamas. This kid has about 7 sweater rompers now, I just love them so much. Ah, cheese that's a great idea. I love one of O's teachers because she'll see what the DC cook is making for the older kids and then take anything that's appropriate and cut it up for him to try. I thought of you and pupp when she said he liked the ham and cheese sandwich. We tried peas and mashed potatoes when we were at home but he looked like I was trying to feed him the nastiest thing in the world when I put it in his mouth (even though he loves both pureed). I think he's just resistant to the new textures.

CM - Such cute pictures!!! So sweet. Have you thought about taking out one of your night pumps? When O was 6 months I think I was only getting up once a night (if that, I might have been going 8 hours at the point) to pump.

AFU - We have two bulges in the shape of teeth!! Oh no! I hope they either come out soon or O is a champ about teething. I'm going to be a little sad when he doesn't just have his gummy smile. I told him that he has to wait another 9 days so I can say he was toothless at one!

And since I'm on my work laptop (sanity!) here is another picture of O from our trip. These were taken at Seatac while he was alternating between watching the planes and licking the window :-o

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, I would totally go for one of the IKEA ones but the closest IKEA is 8 hours away; one in PHX and one in DEN. I heard the twin mommas love the IKEA high chairs. Wow, you are bargain momma shopper; I need to be more like you! We plan to sell all our stuff at the annual local twins sale. I know lots of mommas who get clothes off of ebaby! In fact I have tons of nice nice boys clothes the twins never wore so I can see buying off of ebay!!! awwww, Oliver is so stinkin adorable!!! happy to help, friend! I love your little guy! :D

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite! ...so happy to hear from you. As always - Oliver is the handsomest! Thanks for the diaper advice. I'm doing exactly what you suggested. Send 6 on Monday, then replace throughout the week and take them all home on Friday. Don't you love the Blueberry covers? I'm not a huge fan of the inserts because they get stiff when they're wet so I use them with BG or FB inserts.

Skippy, N has eczema. When it flares up, we use 1% cortisone for a day or two and that clears it up. You need to do maintenance though - for that we apply aquaphor daily (multiple times per day if we can) or babyganics bye bye dry.

Hello to everyone else...back to my mommy TV watching time!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Skippy - C had terrible eczema around 20 weeks all over his face, neck, and chest. To get it under control we used 1% HC (over the counter) once or twice a day for a few days, plus lotion to keep him moisturized. After it cleared up - the HC works fast, we just made sure to keep him moisturized - lotion after every bath and vaseline on his cheeks which get red and irritated from drool. You should have seen him before, it was miserable looking and the HC really worked. I would not use it every day though. We still use lotion and vaseline every day and it hasn't come back. Good luck!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake - I just wanted to add that I used to have back aches all the time. we got a Tempur mattress when I was pregnant and since then I've had NO problems with my back. they are expensive, but totally worth it. I think in the States they sell them at Brookstone.

Skippy - I don't know the % in Skye's cortisone, but you start off using it 2x a day, then once a day, then every other day and then just when it flares up. also switching to hypo-allergenic formula has made a big difference. I wish they sold over-the-counter cortisone here. will have to pick up some up when I'm in Houston.

Kunzite - licking the window! sounds just like Skye! teething is so slow, I am sure there won't be enough to call it a real tooth before his birthday. regarding DH, it turns out he had the Parvovirus B19 which causes the childhood Fifth Disease. I guess he never had it as a child and/or never built up an immunity to it. anyway, not only did he have it, but his body did the strangest thing and resulted in autoimmunity, which the doctors said was extremely rare. he is fine now.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Trying to type and nurse so I will be brief.

Skippy - eczema is far out of my specialty to be honest...steroids in general are usually only dangerous if used chronically, so I wouldn't worry too much about using the cream occasionally if it will make him more comfortable. But definitely not long term or every day. and even less frequently on the face.

Kuzite - love sweater rompers, and rompers in general! They are so cute and so convenient to unsnap rather than putting pants back on and off. DH will leave H's pants off if he changes his diaper :rolleyes: but will sometimes snap romper snaps. I have a bunch of regular cotton knit ones from gap/old navy, but I'm thinking H needs some sweater ones for winter!

Cupcake - L is goreous and the spitting image of you! Love the photos! are they professional or are you/DH just really good photographer?

noel - great job with the pic! I would love to get that holiday card!

LV - we have "CJ butter" cream for H at home...I got a big jar when I was thinking of cloth diapers but I failed at that. it doesn't look like spf 10000 sunscreen like the other kind. maybe I should send that in but I'm hesitating to send something "nice" in to daycare, ha.

anyway, I let H sleep in his swing the past 2 nights since he got a bit of a stuffy nose and I figured the more upright posture would help it drain. he slept so much better! like 6 hours straight (8-2). I don't know whether to continue or not...I don't want him to get in that habit but I do worry he's not getting enough sleep otherwise????

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil, :wavey: Can you get a smaller container for the CJ's butter to give them a smaller portion of the good stuff. That way you can use something you already have, that's got better ingredients and by giving them the smaller container, you can also emphasize that he doesn't really need it! Use sparingly! Funny what you said about the rompers. I've grown to prefer pants over those snaps!! I think it has something to do with S being very squiggly lately on the changing table. She turns over, while I'm changing her, over and over and over! If I give her something to hold, that usually keeps her occupied long enough to get pants back on! Re: swing sleeping. What happens if you turn the swing off after a while? Will he wake up? Wondering if he could still sleep in the swing, but maybe be less reliant on the swinging motion that way? I don't know. It's a tough call. I guess the best advice is to follow your mommy instincts, and you can't go wrong. Hope H's sniffles pass soon.

Catluver, Hi There! :wavey: We miss you? How are you and little C doing? What new things is he learning?

Skippy, I think I'll keep S's outfit a secret. Hee-hee. It's more of an outfit than a costume, but it is really cute! Glad to hear the boys liked their walk. :)) Yay for sunshine! We're about to have our first snow of the year!! Brrrr. :appl: Oh, glad to hear they like their activity centers too! We introduced some new toys this week. It is endless!!!

Cupcake, Those photos are too cute! I especially like the one of you and her together face to face!

Kunzite, Yay eBay!!!!! I do love those sweater rompers. I got a hooded cotton striped romper from Old Navy in 12-18, and it is so snug on her, it's ridiculous!! It is adorable, so I'm officially mad at Old Navy. Haha. We are doing the bread and cream cheese, and S really likes that. She feeds herself, though it is messy. I don't think she cares for mashed potatoes too much. Would O take potato if it was baked and cut into pieces?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - No Ikea, the horror! I have an unhealthy relationship with Ikea, I just love it. We've actually gotten most of O's gear from CL. I see it as like renting the things we'll only need for a short time since I just turn around and sell it on CL when I'm done. I can't wait to see pictures of the twins in their costumes!!

pupp - I saw the pictures you posted of N in the toddler thread.... ummm adorable!! I cannot wait for O to be walking and running around. I know he can't wait either!! I must have different Blueberry inserts because mine don't have that problem. I know they changed the inserts after I bought mine. Ours have two layers, one microfiber and one that's maybe hemp? They hold a ton. I noticed when they changed the inserts they also brought the price down on the pocket diapers, so maybe the quality went down on the inserts? It's one reason I've been hesitant to buy more Blueberries (like I need more diapers anyway!!).

noel - Glad to hear that your DH is okay, how scary! It was really funny because there was this young couple sitting close to us and watching Oliver basically make out with the window and they looked so grossed out! I just wanted to walk over and explain that it was by far not the dirtiest thing to go in his mouth in the last few days (that honor would either have to go to my flip flop or the seat belt on the airplane!)!!

basil - I'm the same way with rompers! We've sent O into daycare in pants exactly once and everyone made such a big deal about it because he's never in pants! They just look so uncomfortable to me more than anything. Although, he did look so much older in his jeans.... it almost brought a tear to my eye! (This kid has turned me into such a sap...) I agree with LV, you just have to use your mommy instinct on the sleep. I'm afraid when it comes to sleep there's never a black and white answer.

LV - Is your striped romper like this one? We've had this one in a few different sizes and it fits really lean. It's such a huge pain to get on O because it's so snug, but once it's on I love him in it because it makes him look so tall and trim! I cannot believe S is wearing 12-18 month clothes, how is that possible! As chance would have it I made a sweet potato today and did exactly that. I put some really small cubes on O's tray and he wouldn't touch them! He also had a fit and started gagging because I just mashed the rest with a fork. This kid really likes things to be pureed I guess. After his dramatic reaction I ran the potato and chicken through the blender with a lot of water and he ate it like he was starving. I thought we were going to have an easy time with food becuase he's been so good with his solids until now. I guess not!

AFU - We started TTC this month :o I'm actually really scared and irrational about it. Since O was born at 31 weeks and weighed 4 pounds, and I was born at 32 weeks and weighed 4 pounds, I've suddenly become convinced that I'm now going to continue following in my mother's footsteps. She had a MC between my sister and I so I can't shake this feeling that I'm doomed. I just need someone to slap me and tell me how silly I'm being. I should be excited!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - I hear ya. Skye is always making out with our various glass tables and the window in the living room door.

- - -

DH got me photo shop, so here's what I finally did with the picture. original is on the left. I managed to get the drool off and replace the background blanket. it's weird because on my laptop the colors of the original look better, but on our PC it is too dark. I printed it to double check.

noelwr301011.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you all for your thoughts on the Cortizone. Do you just buy the over the counter 1%; any particular brand? I used the 2.5% one time and it seemed to work (I won't use it again since I still the dose is too high) so I am using Aquaphor (sp?) and the over the counter as needed. I finally started cooking again and the babies slept through the night Friday night but not last night. They are cute sweet babies and make me laugh on a daily basis. The babies go to bed at 6 pm so we won't be trick or treating! are any of you trick or treating?
Happy Halloween soon! I can't wait till the boys are bigger so we can watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, like I did when I was a kid :bigsmile:

I can't wait to see ALL the Babies dressed up in this thread!!! :love: :appl:

NOEL, I like the colors in the 1st picture! It is going to be an awesome card!

PUPP thanks about the cortisone info. do you use a particular brand??

KUNZITE, I bet if you talked to Perinatologist it might help put your mind at easy? You do have a healthy and beautiful boy!!! Yay for TTC!!! I know I wish we had a IKEA!!! wow, you are awesome using CL! I love the airport pics, he is a doll!

LV, how was the snow? I hope you didn't get too much! Yay, can't wait to see pics of S!!!!

BASIL, I am glad work went well and that you are back into the swing of things! thanks for the info on re: eczema. I appreciate it!

CATLUVER, thanks for the eczema info!!! any pics of your little one? how are you momma?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Super fast post bc I wanted to show off my garden gnome! I read all posts...no time most of the time to reply back!

I did want to say that I have the Ikea high chair and I love it. I used to have a kind of expensive, nicer plush one and it was an absolute pain to clean. Love my $15 ($20?) dollar one more!

Love all of the pics. Great job on photoshopping noel! Skye looks so cute and everyone will love your Christmas card! And Skippy! Oh my word...your boys are PRECIOUS!!!! I love them! And I missed little Oliver! So cute! Sorry if I missed anyone, but I read often!!!

DSC02536 - Copy.JPG

DSC02542 - Copy.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that's the cutest little garden gnome I've ever seen.

hope more mommies will share Halloween costume pics.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LANIE, awww precious little gnome! I love him :appl:

we have outfits for ours so sometime I will try and take a pic; it isn't too exciting though what they are going to be.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lanie! What a great costume!!! LOVE IT!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie, ADORABLE!! OH MY GOODNESS!! That costume is just the CUTEST! You must have been so proud bringing A around in his complete adorableness!!!

Skippy, Ohhhhhhh, I wanna see the boys in their outfits! So much fun! We are staying in a hotel because we lost power. Half the state had no power at one point. We still don't! I'm still going to put her in her outfit even if she never leaves the hotel room!! Haha! She has a cold too. Poor baby!

Kunzite, YES, that is the exact outfit! In the pink and brown color, which I see they are calling Bear Hug. Wow, such a cute name! But, it doesn't fit!! It was such a struggle to get it on her that I will NEVER try again!! Shame, Old Navy! Shame!! I got some other cute things there, though, so I can't complain, including her fall jacket below. Squee. Yeah, she's definitely ok in 12-18, tops may be a little big, but I figure it's better to have something to grow into, so I don't have to buy two sets of winter outfits. She still wears some 6-12, but they are more snug. I am out of control on ebay. Just bought the cutest gymboree dress last night. I've only had one bad experience so far and can't seem to bring myself to leave negative feedback. Oh, I got a winter coat on there (Old Navy) for .99. Plus maybe 6 for shipping. Can't beat that!! And, it cute! And, pink! Sorry to hear O is showing texture preferences. When I was talking to one of S's pedis, she said babies start showing food preferences at around age 1, so at least O is on target, right? Can't believe he's going to be one already!!! Oh, I'm so happy to hear you guys are TTC'g! Definitely talk to your doctors about your concerns. Maybe you can get more monitoring this time? In any event, I'm sure they can address your concerns.

S is now army crawling and also gets up on her knees and rocks back and forth. She loves to eat! The cream cheese sandwiches are a big hit. Thanks, Noel. Here's a pic of S when we first arrived at the hotel yesterday. And, some bonus snow photos! Will post halloween outfit photos later if I can manage.

Happy Halloween!!!

happy warm baby.JPG

snowy yard.jpg

snowy sky.JPG

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
LV, S is so precious. She must melt your heart every time you look at her sweet little face. I missed it, are you on vacation? It looks like fun! Thanks for asking about C. All he wants to do now is stand up and "walk" while we hold his hands - he gets so excited when we help him stand. He won't sit and play with his toys for very long.

Lanie, that is the cutest costume. Anderson looks so happy in it. He must be a mellow little guy to tolerate wearing the hat and the beard. C doens't like anything on his head and kept taking off the hood portion of his costume (a cow), so we just left it off most of the time. Babies in costume, nothing cuter!

Kunzite, I've said it before but O is such a handsome little guy. Hard to believe he was such a tiny little thing when he was born. The gummy smile is the best, enjoy it while you can. I love all the clothes you get for O, they are so nice. Do you bid on ebay or buy things at fixed prices from certain sellers? It's silly but I am reluctant to bid on stuff not knowing if I'll win. So exciting that you're TTC! We'll probably start in 2012, eek, that is soon. Anyone else?

dc, glad you are doing well.

Basil, that's dedication to pump every 2 hours. Sorry about the issues with not pumping enough and H not wanting to breastfeed. IT's hard to find a balance. I didn't think babies would overeat if they weren't hungry, but maybe I'm wrong. Hope he sleeps more for you too. Sleep deprivation is so tough.

C used to be a great eater and loved all the purees I made for him, but all of a sudden he refuses to eat them! It's so frustrating. He wants to eat bites of things but he can't quite chew, so he sometimes gags and it's scary. He eats pieces of cheese, avocado, banana, rice cakes and bread but that's not really a balanced diet. I made him a little egg yolk/cheese/meat omelet but he had trouble chewing it. He also doesn't have the pincer grasp yet so he can only grab big things and then can't get to the food that's stuck in his fist. He's already lost some weight from not eating much the last couple of days - when we try to spoon feed him he just cries. Anyone else have this problem?

I can't believe how fast 8 months has flown; I look at C and he looks like a toddler now and not a baby...sniff. He's over being held and snuggled and just wants to play and walk.

It's hard to post but I love reading the updates and seeing all the beautiful babies. Hope Hou, Bliss, Geri and Dee are out there and doing well with their little ones!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Can't wait to see the boys in their outfits!!

Lanie - ADORABLE!!

LV - Sorry to hear about the power, but you can tell S all about your great hotel adventure when she gets older!! Those pictures are so good! You always take such nice pictures :love: Do you know how much S weighs? I still cannot get over the fact that she's in 12-18 month clothes! O still has room in his 6-12 and I'm crossing my fingers that they fit all winter because I just hate buying two sets of the same season. We had to do that with summer clothes because he started out growing his 3-6 month stuff in the middle of the season. When you say army crawl is she using her arms at all? I always assumed that O's crawl was an army crawl, but when we went home to see family everyone got a HUGE kick out of O's crawl because he "swims". He puts one arm out and pushes himself forward with his toes, and he prefers to have a toy in the hand that is leading. It's awesome. Apparently not an army crawl though!! Oh, and I love S's hat. I spent all day yesterday looking for a winter hat that would cover O's ears since it's starting to get cold when we take him in to dc. And when I was on Etsy I found the most awesome birthday hats that they'll personalize. So freaking cute. If I had the time to order one before his birthday I totally would have!

CL - Hi mama! :wavey: Good to see you around! C sounds so advanced for his age! He is putting O to shame! We can't get O to "walk" at all. His dc teacher was a little surprised by it because she's been trying to help him practice, but he refuses! Apparently swimming along the floor is more fun! He does love to walk along the furniture though and chase the cats (they know he can't get up there to get them so they'll just walk back and forth while he goes back and forth after them!!)! I'll bid on clothes or just do a BIN if it's something I really like. I'm not really picky. The only things I won't bid on are items that have no description, that just seems like you're asking for it! I would be thrilled if O wanted to only eat finger foods and leave the purees behind, it sounds like a good problem to have :cheeky: Will he let you put the bites in his mouth with your hand?

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello mamas,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are getting ready for a fun Halloween with the little ones.

LV - It's a pleasure to see you as well. Little S is growing up so fast and just looks like such a little lady. I love the head tilt, what character she's got ;)) I'm glad to hear she didn't get sick, but sorry you were. I am now too, so I know how you feel :knockout:

Kunzite - That's great that you had a good flight with O. Sorry that lady in front of you was a bonehead, but good thing she finally figured it out. We will do our first trip with S for Thanksgiving and I hope it goes as well for us as it did for you. I :love: the pics of O, he's too cute! And good luck on the teething! As for the miscarrage issues, as much as I agree with you that mom's experience will be similar, there is something to be said for life's plans, so just stay positive and hopefully you won't have to experience that. Either way, take care of you and enjoy the TTC process.

Noel - Skye is too precious! I love the Christmas cards. Santa will definitely be making a stop for little helper ;))

Skippy - The boys are getting too big, and of course more handsome every day. Thanks for the well wishes for my DH. He did pretty well on the GMAT, and has already been getting calls from the places he sent his scores, so we are positive about his chances. As for Ms. S, she was a black kitty cat for a Halloween festival two weeks ago, but will be a little lion tonight. I will have to post pics of both later. That's too funny on the boys being StarTrack dudes. You must post some pics. I am glad to hear you are able to get out with the boys in the BOB. Enjoy! Sorry about Miles' eczema. I hope one of those two creams work.

Basil - A pleasure to see you as well. I adore the costume idea for H and the pup. Please do post pics later, if you can. That's kinda goofy about them using the diaper creme at DC. Ours doesn't use it unless specifically asked. Perhaps you could just take the cream back and ask them not to use any. As for the pumping, perhaps you can try longer steads b/t pumping. You might produce more milk if you do it less often. I pump every 3-4 hours now, and will get around 2-3 ounces, but I skip the middle of the night pumping, and when I do the pump in the morning, I get 3-4 ounces instead of 2-3. Just soemthing you can try I guess. As for the sleeping, I increased the late feeding at 10:30 from 4ish to 5ish ounces, and I get an extra hour of sleep out of S. Oh, and S hates to be flat b/c of spitting up, so we have a wedge that keeps her mattress a bit more upright. Try BuyBuyBaby or another baby store to see if they have anything similar. Something else you can try to I guess. Either way, good luck!

Cupcake - Nice to see you too! Yes, I hope S keeps this temperment(sp) too, fingers crossed! OMG, Lorelei is too cute! What an adorable little bunny. That outfit kinda looks like Sophia's kitty costume, and it got a little hot for her too. Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep and weight loss, but hopefully things will get better soon. I am glad to hear that you all settled the first suit though. Hopefully the second one is speedy!

Lanie - What a cute little gnome! Hope everything else is going well with the family. Take care!

Catluver - Good to see you too dear. I can't believe C is already 8 months, though I can't believe S is almost 3 months either, AHHH! What about any Halloween pics? What is C going to be?

AFU - Miss S came down with her first cold on Friday. She ran a fever at night but after some Tylenol and TLC, the fever disappeared. She is now left with a bit of the sniffles, which requires saline and the bulb syringe (not her favorite), but all in all, not too horrible. She did manage to give her mom a cold though. I have the sniffle and a nasty sore throat, grrr. Oh well, so it is. Otherwise, we are looking forward to a little trick or treating tonight and some cute pics. It figures to be a big week as we will have her baptised this Sunday. Family will start coming in on Thursday or Friday, so it should be pretty busy this weekend. I also have to go up to DC two weeks from today, and it will be my first time away from Sophia for more than a few hours. Boo. Before then though, I am going to get in a stock pile of hugs and smiles, hehe. Oh, and we did some outlet shopping this weekend and got some killer deals, not to mention some good coupons. We got a shirt, a long sleeved onsie, some cords, a fleece jacket and mittens for 25 bucks! I was so thrilled. I am already turning this one into a bargin shopper, hehe. Anyway, back to work now so I can get some quality trick or treating time in. Have fun everyone and post the pics when you get em!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My STAR TREK Star Fleet Red dudes :love: :love:
live long and prosper!!! we wanted Evan to do the Vulcan salute. lol, oh well peace works! :D
I will catch up tomorrow. Hugs to all the babies!!! :wavey:

DSC_0582.JPG

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - adorable! It almost looks like Miles is giving the "live long and prosper" sign!

DC - Poor S! I hope she feels better soon! H has been stuffy but no fever, yet. I don't know if it's the upright posture that H likes while sleeping, or the movement. I think it's probably the movement. I've been sleeping on the couch with him in the swing and he sleeps well. I have to decide whether to move the swing upstairs to the bedroom so I can sleep in the bed, or to not let him sleep in the swing anymore. Waiting for his stuffiness to go away first.

Catluver - Unfortunately, I think H would eat til he threw up every time if he could! Guy just likes to suck and doesn't mind if milk comes along too! I think this is why he wets his diaper like every 3 seconds. We've been doing better on that front though. I cut down gradually the amount of the bottles and upped the frequency. So now he gets ~2.5 ounces every 2 hours or so. I do kind of hate pumping but am too stubborn to quit. I read all the posts about solids with a combination of excitement and dread. And walking at 8 months, wow!

LV - Hope your power came back on! My whole extended family was without power too so my uncle drove around with a generator and warmed people's houses for a few hours each. Think they are all back on line though. We have that romper too! In, um, three different colors :bigsmile: H is still wearing size 3-6 months, but they will be too short in the rise before another month I think. He is on the long lean side, though, so I guess that's why they fit him fine. I love the cat hat! H hasn't come home coated in diaper cream the past few days so I think I will hold off on saying anything...DH is afraid of being the "annoying parents" and H getting treated differently because of it. I don't necessarily agree but I respect his wishes and don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill over a little diaper cream.

Lanie - that is an awesome costume! He looks so adorable!

Kunzite - congrats on TTC - how exciting! Following your logic, O would have been a girl and he's not, so you aren't following your mom's pattern. Hope you are able to relax!

Anyway, here is H and his buddy Penny...
IMG_0710_2.jpg

This one I call "Darth Vader using Force choke"
IMG_0719_2.jpg

And lastly "Oh no, Yoda is attacking!"
IMG_0721_2.jpg

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Basil, just a note to let you know that I have also found that I produce more if I pump less frequently. I only pump really frequently if I need an uptick in my supply--I convince my body I need more and then 2 or 3 days later I may see some results, but then I drop the frequency again. I think for me it's less stressful that way, so I'm able to make more milk as a result. I'm now able to make about 28-30 oz. in four pumps a day, typically around 8, 12, 4 & 9. I also find that if I hand express (or what my DH calls "milking oneself") afterwards, I can sometimes get an extra 1/2 ounce or so, and it also keeps my supply up. The morning is key--if I pump and then hand express I can get up to 12 ounces, which feels like my life's greatest accomplishment nowadays. Now that we are without power and heat for 7-10 days thanks to the unexpected snow storm and the tree that narrowly missed our house, I'm focused on supply. I brought my frozen stash to my mom's within 12 hours, but I forgot 38 ounces that were hidden way in the back which my husband found post-call today. Tragic. Tears have been shed accordingly. Halloween was cancelled here, but rescheduled for Saturday if power lines are cleared out, so maybe we'll do costumes then. For now we are storm refugees at my mom's--we have four generations under the one roof with power, heat, and hot water at the moment! Hayden is too cute--we also coordinated dog/baby costumes. My husband thinks I've lost it. Have a good night everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, aww, that is awful about all the snow! It sure looks pretty!!! S, is beautiful; :love: I hope she feels better. I am sorry you are in a hotel.

BASIL, Oh my goodness, PURE CUTENESS!!!! :love: Cutest Darth Vader and Yoda ever!!!

DC, sorry about the cold; poor sweet beautiful baby. hope she feels better soon. I would love to see the baptism pics; we our going to baptize the boys in Nov.

I can't wait to see all the babies dressed up!!! :appl: I will write more tomorrow. bed time I will catch up tomorrow, I missed Moxie, Catluver, Kunzite and maybe one more?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil, Pure cuteness!! Ohh, that is so clever! Hahahaha!! Love the pictures! Sounds like you have a supernice uncle. Glad everyone has their power back. We are still without. Grrr. That's funny about your DH not wanting to be one of those parents. By his standards, I think I must be one of them! Haha. They seem really understanding at my daycare, and I apologize for being slightly neurotic all the time. That combined with the fact that I'm always super-nice :saint: about everything, I don't think they can be mad at me for it.

Kunzite, 19.5 lbs and 28.3 inches.

Will be back with more later. Here's a pic of my pumpkin princess!

DSC_1279.JPG

DSC_1391.JPG

DSC_1303.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more pic of the super SLEEPy STARFLEET Red dudes! Can you tell we made their badges. :bigsmile: I think this was more fun for the parents this year! ;-) Hope everyone had fun last night; our boys didn't go out and were in bed by 6. :wavey:

LV, awww, she is precious!!!! sweetest pumpkin princess!!

KUNZITE, did you dress up Oliver?

MOXIE, wow, you are doing great with the pumping! I use to get 18 oz with 4 pumps or less; I had to have 10 pumps a day to get what you are making. awesome! I am sorry about the storm! gosh it hit hard in the NE corner.

BASIL, thanks about the boys!!! I love your Darth Vader!!!

DC, I hope S feels better soon, your poor little sweet kitty!

CATL, yay for 8 months!!!!!

DSC_0587.JPG

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love all the geeky babies!

Usually I'm a Star Trek nut (see name) but I absolutely loved the Star Wars babies too!

Live long and prosper!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results