shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, :wavey: I hope you're all well!

re: baby stuff. We give things away as soon as N is done with them. In our circle of friends, there are 4 boys - they're 17 months, 10 months, 7 months and 2 months...and one more on the way. We got a lot of our stuff from my nephew - the 17 month old and we just keep passing things down. MIL buys tons for N too. She buys the "good stuff" - my girlfriends love getting those hand me downs! :lol: Maybe I would do it differently if I was certain I was having another.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Just stopping by to say that the barrette picture is slaying me right now! So cute!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ALLIE, aww, so cute!!

NOEL, I love the barrette too! such a cutie pie!!!

great pictures mommas!!! cute feet!

Hope everyone had a Wonderful Father's day!!!! :wavey:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I need this wakeful to end ;(

My poor DH had such a crap Father's Day :(sad O is at the height of his not sleeping well, he's sick again, and our poor little girl kitty had to have surgery on Saturday because she licked a hole in her stomach all the way to her intestines!! I feel so bad because my DH is seriously the best husband and father in the world. I swear he does 75% of the baby care and he loves every minute of it. I just wish he could have had a better day! Next year we'll just celebrate Mother's Day together :cheeky:

Here's my late BPF. O trying his first taste of sweet potato last weekend. I swear I have the funniest kid during the day, if we could just get this night thing down....

IMG_13702.JPG

IMG_13812.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - love little O licking his lips. how do you keep him so clean feeding him? I am horrible at it (see pic below) and the food goes everywhere and I get really irritated at myself.

rt - bling and little feet make a great match. when you get the better quality pic, make sure to share it again.

puppmom - glad to hear MIL is doing better. good luck this week with juggling everyone's schedules.

- - -

and here I go sharing too many pics again...

Skye trying to catch the shower rain on her tongue, as mentioned in previous post

Mommy is not very good at spoon-feeding

and IKEA has really cute sleeping sacks for a reasonable price (at least for European standards)

noelwr20j2.jpg

noelwr20j1.jpg

noelwr20j3.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OMG, these pics are too cute!!!

We went geocaching for a while yesterday and Lily had a blast in the park areas. She made it difficult to actually hunt for the cache, but she loved the rocks and flowers so I just let her look and touch.

This morning, Lily woke up with a swollen eyelid again. Last time it happened is when I gave her the Benadryl and then she ended up in (possibly related) SVT. So, I skipped the Benadryl today but her poor little eye won't open all the way.

Baby T is here after several days of not feeling well. JT and I both had fevers all weekend but Lily avoided it. Fingers crossed that nobody else comes down with it.

That's all for now. :wavey:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
ss -- hope Lily's eye heals and that the family stays healthy! I'm not sure what geocaching is...I'll have to google it!

noel -- love the pic of her eating! I am not good at feeding either bc A looks pretty much the same. He will rub his eyes and hair and get it all over the place.

kunzite -- his personality totally shows through in the pictures! He's so photogenic. I'm sure your DH had a good Father's Day. How could you not with little O in your life? :love: Sorry about your cat...did she have a sore that she was licking? That sounds so uncomfortable.

rt -- hope going back to work is okay for you. I dreaded it and dreaded it, and when the day came, I was sad, but it wasn't really all that bad (for me at least). It's the best feeling picking them up at the end of a long day and seeing that huge SMILE! Love the ring pics!

Hello to Laila, icekid, Lynnie, and HOUMedGal. I hope you gals lurk, and if you do, hello! :appl: There's a big boom on the TTC thread of newly pregnant women, and it reminded me of us a little over a year ago!!!

I had to post my 6 month picture bc it's such a milestone for us. I was looking at his newborn pictures and he looks SO different. I'm sad looking at them, but happy at the little baby boy I have growing up before my eyes. I can't believe 6 months have flown by.

DSC01928 - Copy.JPG

DSC01942 - Copy.JPG

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie- work wasn't bad at all! It was actually a welcome change to not having adults to talk to all day! And you're right, I ran straight to him as soon as I got home :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RT-are you back at work already? It hasn't been 12 weeks, has it??? I remember being SO ready to go back to work and then being so thankful when I got home at the end of the day. Working made me not take my time with Aidan for granted.

Lanie-I love how he's got his arm around the lamb/sheep! It looks like they're best buddies :)

I know I'm missing a ton of people but this is a post and run. My kid has suddenly decided he wants to grow up and is now walking with the assistance of push toys! He just randomly did it last night, his babysitter swears he's never done it at her place either. Not sure I believe that though, she and I have an agreement that she doesn't tell me about firsts he does there so I feel like I get to see it for the first time. LOL. Anyway, for any of you who are friends of mine on the social networking site that shall not be named (and if you care), there are videos posted.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, the pictures get cuter and cuter!!!!

LANIE, aww my favorite is the one where he is cuddling with his lamb. precious!

NOEL, aww I love the one where she is catching the water with her mouth; precious!!!

KUNZITE, awww, what a doll! I would tell the daycare. My sisters kids go to daycare and they tell them and it helps. sorry momma, that is tough.

HH, hi momma!!!

SS, I am glad Lily didn't get sick. no fun being sick:(

Well my baby at home has been the party animal at night (fussy one). Anyway last night I was so tired and took him to bed with me. He finally slept; I don't want to get him in that habit since his brother will come home and i can't have 2 babies in bed with me. :shock:
I also pulled out the swaddle me someone bought us and it really helped. He usually will break out of his swaddle. I will see how it goes tonight. Right now he has his nights mixed up with days but he slept really well last night so hopefully they start to switch back.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1308661764|2950949 said:
RT-are you back at work already? It hasn't been 12 weeks, has it??? I remember being SO ready to go back to work and then being so thankful when I got home at the end of the day. Working made me not take my time with Aidan for granted.
quote]

It's been 6 weeks. That's the soonest you can put lo in daycare here in Colorado. Luckily he is only going 3 days a week for 4 hours at a time but it still is not fun. He started his first day today and it was horrible dropping him off!! I hear you about not wanting to hear about firsts as well, I asked the daycare not to let me know if he did any firsts there!

I also have my 6 week pp checkup today, they should be giving me the ok to start working out! I'm planning on hitting up p90x again and trying to lose 52 pounds in 52 weeks. As of yesterday, I'll be a bridesmaid in a wedding next summer, I'm so excited!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy123|1308669046|2951018 said:
Oh my gosh, the pictures get cuter and cuter!!!!

LANIE, aww my favorite is the one where he is cuddling with his lamb. precious!

NOEL, aww I love the one where she is catching the water with her mouth; precious!!!

KUNZITE, awww, what a doll! I would tell the daycare. My sisters kids go to daycare and they tell them and it helps. sorry momma, that is tough.

HH, hi momma!!!

SS, I am glad Lily didn't get sick. no fun being sick:(

Well my baby at home has been the party animal at night (fussy one). Anyway last night I was so tired and took him to bed with me. He finally slept; I don't want to get him in that habit since his brother will come home and i can't have 2 babies in bed with me. :shock:
I also pulled out the swaddle me someone bought us and it really helped. He usually will break out of his swaddle. I will see how it goes tonight. Right now he has his nights mixed up with days but he slept really well last night so hopefully they start to switch back.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

:wavey: Hi mama S! Definitely try the swaddle. We had lots of luck with the miracle blanket when Aidan was small and then the Aden and Anais swaddles once we found and bought some around 10 weeks.

RT-good luck with going back to work/daycare, etc. it's hard but for me it was a necessary part of being a healthy and happy mom. I'm not the SAHM type. And good lord, you're already hitting the P90X???? or will be soon anyway? That's ambitious!

Since I can't post the video here, here's a few pics of A taken at d/c. His sitter says he's already trying to chase the older kids around.

2011-06-21_11-15-10_68.jpg

2011-06-21_11-17-04_61.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: For Aidan!! You must be one proud momma, HH! ::)

I'll be back to catch up later!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to pop in real quick to say "Yay, Aiden!" You must be all sorts of giddy! He just looks too cute with that paci hanging out of his mouth while he pushes the baby carriage. :love:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Go A!!!! What a walking machine! L has still not even managed to stand on her own. lol. It's funny to see the younger ones flying past my chunky monkey!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Today is our first day of summer vacation and it feels so awesome to be home with him. He took 2 naps, we had breakfast, lunch, ran to the store, I showered while he played and made him some food for the week. I love how there is no rushing around. :) :)

Charlie says "Summer vacation rocks!!!"

IMG_8107.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, awww, you must be so proud! I loved watching him walk; he is precious!!!

ALLIE, aww your baby is so happy and adorable!!! doll!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy: the Halo swaddles and sleepsacks are the best things for us. Both my babies were/are in them and they have always been great sleepers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1308707318|2951571 said:
Skippy: the Halo swaddles and sleepsacks are the best things for us. Both my babies were/are in them and they have always been great sleepers.
Hi my friend Taov!!! How are your LO's? Okay knowing V has slept through the night I need to get one! thanks!! :D

Moms do you put your babies in bed with you? Or is this a very bad habit? I slept so well having Miles sleep with me because he slept. haha

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, so glad to hear you're getting some sleep! I don't have any opinions on sleeping with the baby, but wow talk about some awesome snuggle time. :)

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy- we've slept many nights with them in bed with us. There was a time when it was pretty much every night, now that they are getting older they sleep better in their cribs but they still end up in bed with us at times. I'm pretty psycho about safety and making sure the pillows /blankets/etc are not near them. Many people have very strong opinions about whether it's a bad habit or not, but I think there are times you do what you have to do to get some sleep (for them and for you!)!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - K slept on her tummy on my chest for the first two months, then beside me for the next month till she really started rolling and I was worried she'd fall out of bed. Plus she was kicking a lot more and keeping me awake. That was the only way I could get her to sleep well, as she'd fight the swaddle and her startle reflex and flailing limbs would wake her up if she slept in a bassinet or crib. DH started being able to put her in her bassinet/crib after I went back to work at 4 months, and she's been a great sleeper since.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy -- I don't think it's bad when they are that young. Babies supposedly aren't aware of their surroundings really until they are 3-4 months. I don't know about having 2 of them though...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie - I too like Anderson hugging his lambie. indeed he has grown up to look quite different from when he was a newborn! I am still really impressed by his sitting skills, and that you can get him to pose with something for the camera. I can't even put Skye next to a pillow or she lunges for it and tries to put it in her mouth. she is like a kitten: you just have to put something within grabbing distance and her hands automatically go out and pull it to her mouth. so right now I just struggle with sitting her on the couch and trying to snap a photo before she rolls onto her tummy and starts licking the arms of the couch. :rolleyes:

HH - go Aidan! too bad Mommy doesn't fit in the baby carriage, and then he could push you around for a change.

Allie - haha, that sounds like all my days with Skye, and still I need a vacation from this "summer vacation". great photo and, once again, beautiful eyes! love his shirt.

Skippy - we were afraid that sleeping with us would start a habit hard to break, so our baby never has. we were actually taking turns sleeping with her in her room (we put a bed in there) for a week, so at least one of us could get a decent night's rest in our own bed. then we just slept with the doors open because sleeping in the same room with her = waking up at every little sound she makes, even in her sleep. if we slept in our own room, it meant we would only wake up with the crying.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Noel I feel like Charlie and Skye have the same gummy smile :)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
noel -- Anderson grabs things like a madman as well. It was so funny bc I was about to put the camera down when he just grabbed the lamb like a best friend. I didn't stage it. Any time I have him on the changing table he's wriggling around backwards trying to grab whatever is on the table behind him. When I sit him up, he's grabbing at the shirt I'm about to put him in or at the wipes, or whatever he can get his paws on. That's funny that Skye licks things! Anderson went through that phase and it was so funny!

Does anyone else's baby think you are trying to kill them when you try to pick their nose? I am OCD about his boogers, so I'm always in there. Probably part of the problem. But I have those Boogie Wipes and you'd think I was trying to suffocate him the way he wiggles and squirms and gasps for breath. He's so dramatic.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with getting rid of A's boogers too. Maybe because I always side-eye moms whose kids have horribly crusty/snotty noses??? Aidan hates the syringe, but I hate listening to him try and breathe through snot and boogers so I'm always on top of them. I love boogie wipes. I had a cold a week or so ago and I was actually using them on myself!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I was just wondering if you any you have LOs with infant reflux? DH and I as well as C's daycare lady have noticed he has symptoms of it. He has an appointment with his doctor very soon but in the meantime I'm looking for ways to help him when he is eating. Everytime he eats he cries and afterwards he spits up a little too much. He is still gaining weight and sleeping ok so I think he must have a mild case of it but I still hate hearing his cries whenever he eats, he sounds like he is in so much pain and it breaks my heart :(sad

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RT-Aidan had a pretty bad case of it, he displayed the same symptoms as C in addition to not sleeping and having HORRIBLE colic. Just because they're gaining weight doesn't mean it's a minor case-just FYI. Pediatricians vary in their approach to GERD, Aidan's first doc diagnosed him at 6 weeks and told us to put rice cereal in his bottles, which we did. It helped, but didn't solve the problem. He still had serious issues with it. Then we changed docs at 12 weeks and his new doc put him on zantac. It was a wonder drug for us. We also at that time got a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist because they wanted to confirm that the treatment was appropriate and to make sure there was nothing anatomically more significant going on, like pyloric stenosis. So he had an u/s and every thing checked out. The PG tweaked his meds a bit so he was only getting it twice a day vs three times a day and that was that.

In the meantime there are things you can do to help. I don't recommend the rice cereal personally. The rice didn't solve A's problem and it made him gain a TON of weight very quickly (like 2 lbs in a month!). His new pedi was really concerned so she took us off it. When feeding, pause 2 or 3 times to burp him (you can use a bit of mylicon if you think he has a burp but you have trouble getting it up). After feeding him, keep him upright for 15-20 minutes. Have him sleep somewhere elevated. Aidan slept in his bouncy seat for the first 2 months, some docs suggest the car seat. If he has enough tummy time during the day it should combat any flat spots that are formed from sleeping in the seat, etc. Once Aidan got to be an age where he had good control of his head and neck, could turn it from side to side while on his stomach, etc, we let him sleep on his stomach. I know this is a big no no, but it was the only way he'd sleep so we did it anyway. Also, we used Dr. Brown bottles and they helped a lot with the gas and burps.

Good luck!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, sorry I spelled Aidan wrong in my last post. Blame it on the mommy brain!

I mostly came to whine…I *think* I broke my finger. Last night I was walking the dog and the treat pouch came loose from my pants. So, I wrapped the leash around my hand and went to adjust the pouch. Well, some bunnies decide to play tag like two feet from the dog. So…Hollis decides to join and gives the leash a good yank. By instinct, I resisted. This caused the leash to quickly tighten around my hand and basically smoosh my fingers. My pinky immediately swelled and turned black and blue. It looks a smidge crooked and I can’t bend it at the middle knuckle. He’s usually such a good boy on the leash but sometimes bunnies get the best of him especially if he sees them before I do. To top it off, I was going to visit an urgent care center near work and decided to treat myself to a coffee on the way. I spilled the coffee all over myself and had to get a new outfit at Target! …and the pants are too tight! I ditched the urgent care center, came back to work and called the hand surgeon who did DH’s hand surgery two years ago. They can see me today – I guess that’s a sign my day is looking up! I REALLY hope it’s just dislocated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results