color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oops, double post! :bigsmile:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Bliss-How are things going? Always great to see you 'round these parts:)
:-o :appl: :love: :cheeky: 2 under 2 is a great plan, good luck with that!!!

How is baby M and when do we get to see more pics? :cheeky:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Bella Bella Bella! And all you other pretty mamas! (((HUGS))) How is Beautiful B? :appl: So excited for you! Little M is doing well - she is growing like a weed. I just wish she would accept a bottle!!! We've spent a small fortune on pretty much every nipple and bottle out there so I'm beginning to think she just hates bottles in general. WHYYYYYYYYYY? Ack! She loves the boob and wants the good stuff, I guess. Any tips? I've tried Avent, Dr. Brown's, Medela, Tommy Tippee, tons of sippy cups...

She does drink from a tiny cup, which is pretty hilarious. Takes little sips and everything. So it comforts me to know that DH will have a last resort method if I am away and she's hungry. What a funny baby!

Wow, so many gorgeous baby photos I can't take all the cuteness and baby beauty! Violet is a stunner!!!!!!!!!! :love:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw thanks Bliss!

2 under 2 is definitely doable---I'm actually surprised at how well I'm handling it so far! Before I thought I would be a frazzled mess and I would want to pull my hair out...I'm only 2 weeks into it but so far so good (knock on every piece of wood you can for me!!!)

I'm going to have to go through and get to know all of you ladies and your babies as I haven't been following this thread as much as I should have!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
we're one and done. DH got his vasectomy on Thursday. our original plan was to keep it at one, and now with all my treatments and hormone-blocking pills I have to take for the next 5 years, our plan was confirmed for us. plus, I'm realistic and know, even be it small, there's a chance I might not even make it another 5 or 10 years, and I think it's horrible for children to lose their parents. I don't know why I even wrote that as I try not to be too negative, but it does really bother me some times to think of Skye growing up without a mom.

Skye is doing well at 4.5 months old. grabbing everything and if she grabs her toes, she can roll onto her side and easily back onto her back. once on her side, she tries to be a contortionist and arches her back so that sometimes I think her head is going to meet her feet, but anyway, at least she's developing her muscles. eating solids is still going well, but she really hates green bean puree and some mixed vegetable mush I tried to feed her yesterday.

thanks for all the tips on treating cradle cap. I ordered the stuff, but have to wait until mid-May until my colleague is back. until then, I have been massaging Weleda Calendula oil into S's hair 30 min before a bath and then comb out the flakes. I think part of the problem is that she probably also has some eczema on her head, so I also massage cream for that into her head the night before days she gets a bath (every other day). (Bliss - I can't believe you're 34! from your pics, I thought you were in your mid-20s)

we've been having absolutely gorgeous weather this week so I include a photo in the park yesterday

as well as Miss Skye looking like she's just about to tell us a long story.

hope you all have great long weekends.

DSCN1791.JPG

DSCN1857.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Just want to give an update- Ethan is doing really well! He doesn't have an IV anymore, he was treated with UV lights for his bilirubin but is now out of the lights... He's in a "big boy" crib now, and the earliest he could come home would be this Monday!! (We are really praying and keeping our fingers crossed) He's doing so well I can't get over what a little miracle he is. ::)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins, that's fantastic! You have one tough kiddo!

Noel, I love that second pick of Skye. She definitely looks like she's about to tell you something REALLY important!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins~ Yay!! so glad to hear that he's doing so well!!

noel~ Skye looks like she's saying, "so there I was..." lol

Here's JT and Lily this morning before DH's family's Easter.

My mom made crocheted the little sweater that Lily is wearing. It was perfect for today's weather!

Easter2011ss1.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love all of the photos... here is my little jumper man, 5 months old in one week :o :o

DSC_0075Jump.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
It was a beautiful day in Seattle today!! We went to the park and took a long walk in the Bumbleride :appl: Too bad the rain comes back tomorrow and too bad I forgot the camera! O was being so cute at the park :love:

IMG_10902.JPG

IMG_11072.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Easter!

just wanted to share another milestone: Skye can roll from her back on to her tummy! she kept doing this repeatedly, like 15x so we know it's not once off. but that also means we can't swaddle her... so she's more restless at night and I have to get up several times to turn her 90 degrees anti-clockwise and put her dummy in. also the damn mittens keep falling off so she keeps scratching her head. I think I'm going to sew really long sleeves into her sleeveless sleeping bag so that her nails can't get at her head and face.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Mama's happy Passover and Easter :) I just wanted to pop in and say HOW CUTE are all the babies? Jumper is OMG adorable, Skye is getting so big, Lily and JT are sweetness, and look at little O he is getting so big.

HH - you know how I feel about A and his cuteness :) HE IS JUST such a little handsome man.

AFM - We are doing steroid inhaler treatments twice a day and he seems to be coming back to his normal self. Talk ALL day long, non stop, eating solids two times a day, drinking milk like a champ. I have been on Spring Break since Thursday and he has been taking two looooong naps every day 2-3 hours each. He is rolling around, scooting on his belly, being a silly boy.

The Easter Bunny came to visit him and he was just so intrigued with all of the stuff that he got. So he is a few late BPF pictures.

CARIMG_9088.jpg

CARIMG_9093.jpg

CARIMG_9064.jpg

CARIMG_9070.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I love that last picture....Super excited about that Easter basket!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
For meeeee? Reaaaally?

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I love the PS baby pics! They are all so adorable. I just want to give them all big hugs!

Tyler is on the mend. I think I posted here about his projectile vomiting last weekend. He also had a bad cough that got worse. I took him to his first sick visit on Monday, and he was diagnosed with pneumonia ;( We're not sure if the vomiting was a separate bug, or from mucus/sinus drainage or what. Regardless, the respiratory stuff was caught early and he's done well with his antibiotics. There were a number of confirmed cases of RSV at his daycare last week, so that may have been part of it as well. Ugh. To top it off, we're pretty sure he's getting his second tooth. So, needless to say we had a crabby baby for a few days. But now he is much happier, as evidenced by his Easter pic taken this morning. Hope all the PSer's are having a wonderful weekend!

HappyEaster.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question about shoes. When did you/do you plan to have your baby wear shoes? T is 8 months old now, and can stand while holding onto objects now (he's making motions to pull himself up, but hasn't done it on his own yet). So far I have just been putting him in socks ... and we take the socks off when he is practicing standing (they do this at daycare as well). However, his teacher at daycare mentioned that we might want to start putting him in shoes sooner rather than later so he gets used to them.

We have a couple of pairs of the soft soled Robeez in the 6-12 months size -- I think they fit OK, seem a little big in the toe area but fit snugly around the ankles. Do your LOs wear socks with the Robeez or just the Robeez alone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love all the baby pics!

shoes... we put J in soft soled SKR 'smaller' shoes starting around 9-10mo but infrequently like maybe once every few days... everything we read said barefoot is best so we tried to follow that, even after he started walking. he only wears shoes outside of the house now (he's almost 15mo) and inside the house he's barefoot or in socks--we don't wear shoes in the house either.

then again i'm practically a hippy and hate wearing shoes so i transferred that to him big time. i love being barefoot. he loves his shoes though even though he doesn't wear them a ton. he knows when i bring out the shoes it's time to go outside which is his favorite.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
icekid!!Jumper's eyes make me go :love:

Your babies are all cuteness overload!!!

SS, love Lily and her curls.

Noel, hooray for gorgeous Easter weather. Miss Skye looks ADORABLE!!!

Allie, love the pics of little C and his Easter basket

Turtle, OMG Tyler is to die for!!!

I need to stay outta this thread! Your little babies are SOOOO adorable! Every time I visit you ladies and see your adorable pics, I'm chasing DH around the house Ha ha! (And we are TTC, so I'm not terrorizing my DH, I promise...)

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there, I'm new to PS and a mommy so I thought I'd pop over and say hello :)

I've got 3 kiddoes, Allison is 6 (today!), Ethan is 4 and little miss Lauren is 4 months. She is our last- for sure- and such a joy. I'm trying to enjoy every moment with her since I know this is my last baby. She is so sweet and a mostly happy baby :) .
Here's a recent pic of all 3 kids and me:
DSC_8756.jpg
that's pretty much how it is having 3 :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh the pics are killing me!! :love:

Looks like Tyler is jumping on the cheeky train!! lol

They are all so adorable! How'd we all get so lucky anyway? Statistically there should be at least one kinda funny lookin' one.

I've got bronchitis again and Lily is snotting everywhere. So, that's all for now. Gotta get some rest.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
shiny - regarding Lily's crocheted sweater, isn't it awesome to have hand made (with love) stuff? hope you both get better soon. I am still dreading the first cold... I'm sure it will happen not too long after daycare starts.

nfowife - welcome! love the bow on Lauren's head. have you got any close up pics? my little girl Skye is 4.5 months so it's nice to have another girl on the thread almost same age. and I can ask you lots as you've got tons of experience.

lliang_chi - haha, so funny about you chasing your DH around the house.

Tyler - so great that Tyler is on the mend and could enjoy his Easter basket.

Allie - I think that C is going to grow up to be a male model. he's a natural talent.

Kunzite - love the pic of O with his tiny tongue out. by the way, what did the optometrist say?

icekid - wow, jumper's got long lashes. I am sure he uses them to his advantage to look super cute so that he gets his way.

Tuckins - did you bring Ethan home yesterday? if you are MIA we'll take that as a yes and that you're very busy...

- - -

AFUs, we gave up on not swaddling Skye at night. even though I sewed super long sleeves onto her sleeping bag so she can't scratch herself, she keeps rubbing her face and did roll over onto her tummy a few times at night, so we were cried out of bed like every hour. during the day, we tried the swaddle and she can't manage to roll on to her tummy with it on (yet...), so we're still safe to use the swaddle a while longer. so we swaddled her last night and she slept for 8 hrs without making a peep. phew. someone please tell me that they eventually do stop rubbing their face and head when they're tired...

and the temperature has dropped, but on Sunday we were out in the park again, and S couldn't decide if she liked Daddy's or Mommy's sunnies better

noelwrsunnies.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Now that C sits up the recline of his baby tub frustrates him to no end, Daddy is too worried to put him in the big tub, so we got him this cheapie ducky tub. He loves it! He splashes and just chills in it playing with his little duck. So it was $11 well spent :)

CARIMG_9164.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
nfowife - Welcome!! :wavey:

noel - LOVE S in her shades!! :love: How are you doing? We are going through the exact same swaddle problem!! I always said we'd stop swaddling O when he could roll over, but he's still such a lazy roller-over that we're still swaddling at night. We tried to do the one arm out trick to get him started and even that was a fail!! I don't know what we're going to do with this kid. He just can't sleep unswaddled!! Thanks for asking about O's crazy eye... he hasn't been to the ophthamologist yet. His appointment is in a few weeks. The poor kid has four doctors appointments in a 2.5 week span! Ophthamologist, Gastroenterologist, Physical Therapist, and well baby (including 6 month shots). Yikes! :-o

Allie - Look at C in his duck! So cute. I cannot WAIT to get O the duck tub. We sat him in the "deep" end of his whale tub tonight and he loved it. Bathtime is his favorite, he could splash the water all night long!! :cheeky:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and Bliss!! Hi mama!! Can't wait to see more of little M. About bottles... have you considered just picking one and sticking to it? I think part of the problem of "learning" a bottle is just getting used to it. When O came home he was still trying to learn to eat from a bottle and we tried a few different ones to see what he liked. In the end we figured out that he was just getting confused by us switching it around and once we tried consistantly with the same bottle he got much better. HTH!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
That is exactly what we had, the Whale Tub but with the green thing taken out he would slip slide all around the ducky is definitely less worrisome.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - does O also rub his face and head if not swaddled? S did manage to roll on her tummy last night while swaddled, but we've got the air holey mattress cover and she can move her head. mostly she'll just wake up mad.

Allie - love the ducky bath. we've also got a little splasher.

- - -

AFM, I had chemo yesterday and was nauseous as heck, so DH had to clean up after me. so you mommies are not alone in cleaning up projectile vomit. still feel yuck today. hoping internet will take my mind off.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
He does rub his face and eyes when he's tired. I just told DH this morning that we shouldn't be too worried because he gets very angry when he rolls over so we would know right away if he did it because he would start screaming!

I'm sorry the chemo has you so sick :(sad I hope it passes soon and that your DH takes good care of you. How much longer do you have to do it?

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Such cute pics!!! :love:

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
awww all your babies are adorable! :love:

noel- i check in from time to time but didnt realize you were going through chemo- i wish you all the best during this difficult time

I havent posted a photo in a really long time- below is a more recent one of my little girl- we actually just started trying for #2 so hopefully she will be a big sis within the year!

rsz_1100_2862[1].jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey mommas! I'm so busy, but I always read every single post. Love the latest pics. I have one too, even though it's early (late?)

noel -- hope you are back to feeling better soon. Love the shades pics!

I would reply to more of you, but I don't have the time right now...more later. My little Michelin man sits up by himself now! Granted, he eventually falls over, but we have enough time to run and get the camera before he does. He turned 4 months on the 20th. His little personality is coming through more and more. I love him so much!!!

andersonpopeye.jpg

DSC01250 - Copy.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results