shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got around to taking the holiday card picture and ordering the cards...not sure if they will arrive in time but hey its the thought that counts!

Here is the picture I picked...he is just starting to smile so I am glad I caught a half smile from him! He is 8 weeks today :)

Charlie12-7-1004.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I love the pictures and the cards! Such cuties!

Not much going on here, just having some difficulties dealing with an issue at the IL's house. Those of you that deal with pets on a daily basis, please feel free to chime in.

My IL's have 3 dogs. Fine. However, they go crazy anytime they see anything within 500 feet of the house, heck, sometimes there is nothing. When I say crazy I mean the german sheppard and the black lab slam into the front door barking the loudest they possibly can. They will continue this until a car/person/another dog is completely out of sight. Somtimes it will go on for upwards of 10 minutes.

This makes it entirely impossible for C to get a decent nap at IL's house. It also causes him to wake up very early in the mornings, becuase the dogs go crazy when the people go by to deliver the papers at 5 in the morning.

The dogs go to daycare once a week, and I try to visit on that day, but it doesn't always work that way... and when they offer to watch the baby overnight, we almost always take him to their house.

I know there is nothing I can do. I just needed to vent. Thanks.

Ohh, also, what did you move to after your baby mastered the Stage 2 Gerber foods. I like the thickness of the Cereal and Oatmeal, which we use for breakfast and dinner respectively... but the veggies/fruits/mixtures are just soooooo thin. I'm looking for a thicker option.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
loveeeeeeeeeeeee the pics! soo freaken cute!

hh-I love the family pic, so sweet! :love:

meresal-i got the high chair you suggested. I had gotten this cheapy crappy this highchair. What do I expect for 35 dollars? So my DH said we should get that one. Do you have the tray and the cushion that goes witht the highchair? :wavey:

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Ho Ho Ho

another cry for diaper help

Nora's been sporting pampers sensative swaddlers because they don't have drymax in sizes 1&2. but, ever since she started solids, she's been having near-daily leaks. :knockout:

she's not particularly tall or heavy. kind of a peanut.

any suggestions for us?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
We have drymax in size 1 and 2..no leaks here. We had the sensitive in NB and leaked every time.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked up the huggies overnights in sz 3 last night and they're hysterically large on Aidan. But we didn't have any leaks, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
A is in a size 3? Hot dog! Charlie is still in size 1, long and thin like his pops!

I heard fisher price overnights are good.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
AllieLuv83|1291824435|2790989 said:
A is in a size 3? Hot dog! Charlie is still in size 1, long and thin like his pops!

LOL! No, he's in 2s but they don't make the HOs in anything smaller and we're desperate. He's been waking up SOAKED head to waist from leaks. We're liking luvs and huggies both for the day though. Pampers give him a rash.

Our daycare lady sent some pictures this morning of Aidan and Austin, the 17 week old. OMG my kid is SUCH a little porker! He's like three times the size of Austin, who is long and lean. BTW, Charlie is just adorable. I love looking at his pictures.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
mtjoya|1291797412|2790738 said:
meresal-i got the high chair you suggested. I had gotten this cheapy crappy this highchair. What do I expect for 35 dollars? So my DH said we should get that one. Do you have the tray and the cushion that goes witht the highchair? :wavey:

Awesome! I got ours put together this weekend, and I am definitely pleased with it. It is nice and sturdy and I can tell we will be able to use it for a good long time. Also, it is definitely darker than *cherry* IMO, so I was pleasantly surprised with that as well!

I did get the tray and the cushion cover. (The high chair does come with a cushion even if you don't order the cover. It just has a plain platic white cover.) The neat thing about the tray, is that it has a romovable insert that the baby eats on, and then when they are done, you pull the insert off and he can use the regular tray to play with toys, etc.

Here are some pictures I took for you:
- one showing a size reference
- second shows the tray and the removable insert
- thrid shows the fabric for the cover. The back rest has great padding.

HTH!

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1291824665|2790994 said:
AllieLuv83|1291824435|2790989 said:

LOL! No, he's in 2s but they don't make the HOs in anything smaller and we're desperate. He's been waking up SOAKED head to waist from leaks. We're liking luvs and huggies both for the day though. Pampers give him a rash.

Our daycare lady sent some pictures this morning of Aidan and Austin, the 17 week old. OMG my kid is SUCH a little porker! He's like three times the size of Austin, who is long and lean. BTW, Charlie is just adorable. I love looking at his pictures.

Aidan is all cheeks I love it. I love seeing how much he has changed from his 1 month picture to now so cute. He is a little bruiser :)

Luckily, we have not experienced any more leaks. When he was in NB sizes the leaks were insane, it could be because his circ. was still healing and we were putting gauze one his wee.

Pampers have worked well for us knock on wood, no rash. Sensitive skin does not run in our family, we were hoping to not have to deal with the rash. I have heard terrible things about pampers though!

Have you tried the Pampers BabyDry (w/o drymax)?

Thank you for the Charlie compliments, I wanted to post the outtakes from the Holiday shoot but I just ordered the cards and I always like waiting for family to see them first before posting, my finger is itching however! Taking pictures of a baby is like hitting the lottery, you get 5 good ones from like 75 :) but a mama thinks even the squishy face pictures are cute!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
meresal|1291825875|2791007 said:
mtjoya|1291797412|2790738 said:

Awesome! I got ours put together this weekend, and I am definitely pleased with it. It is nice and sturdy and I can tell we will be able to use it for a good long time. Also, it is definitely darker than *cherry* IMO, so I was pleasantly surprised with that as well!

I did get the tray and the cushion cover. (The high chair does come with a cushion even if you don't order the cover. It just has a plain platic white cover.) The neat thing about the tray, is that it has a romovable insert that the baby eats on, and then when they are done, you pull the insert off and he can use the regular tray to play with toys, etc.

Here are some pictures I took for you:
- one showing a size reference
- second shows the tray and the removable insert
- thrid shows the fabric for the cover. The back rest has great padding.

HTH!

Love the highchair! I sometimes wish we had gone with something more furniture looking (we got the Boon, which we love). We are still in an apartment so I have no idea what type of furniture we will end up with when we move into our forever home.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, what high chair is that? I want one!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Allie, thanks. I have only heard raves about the Boon... we just really wanted something that would belnd into the house.

MP- This is the high chair from the "One Step Ahead" catalog. The chair + feeding tray + cover and backrest only totaled about $120 with a coupon! (Right now they are offering $25 off purchase of $100+ which puts the total at apprx $130 including shipping.)

Here is the link again:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536832&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=534089

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Re: Ho Ho Ho

lovelylulu|1291822841|2790964 said:
another cry for diaper help

Nora's been sporting pampers sensative swaddlers because they don't have drymax in sizes 1&2. but, ever since she started solids, she's been having near-daily leaks. :knockout:

she's not particularly tall or heavy. kind of a peanut.

any suggestions for us?

D's a peanut too. I switched to Huggies after trying Pampers (and Baby Basic) for a few months. The Huggies don't leak at all for us, once they're on correctly. Switching up to a larger size (2 to 3) also helped give her better coverage. D has never matched the weight size guidelines on the diaper packs. She's been in size 5 since 5 months old, and the weight guidelines say 27 lbs, or something like that (she's just about 19 lbs now). So you may have to do some adjusting up/down too, to get a better fit.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Meresal~ I saw your post before you deleted. Answer, always. It's just the way I am.

RE: foods, First I tried mashing up regular food and mixing it with the stages baby food. JT didn't like it so I started giving him mashed up regular food separately from the baby food. He always had a spoon when I did and eventually he just started choosing the mashed over the puree. If you really want to use the baby food, you could mix in small amounts of rice cereal to thicken it, but I figure why bother--I want them on table food eventually anyway.

HH~ LOL about size 3 being hysterically large. Lily is looking more and more like a sumo wrestler in size 3!! Glad you found something to minimize the leaks though!!

Lily's schedule is going so well that I'm not going to brag about it and jinx it!! lol.

Haven't posted a pic in a while so here's a couple today. Lily "flying" and loving it, and JT and Lily caught playing in the tree. What a good big brother to help her under there, huh?!

LilyandJTcaught.JPG

LilyDec2010ss1.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1291842962|2791346 said:
Meresal~ I saw your post before you deleted. Answer, always. It's just the way I am.

RE: foods, First I tried mashing up regular food and mixing it with the stages baby food. JT didn't like it so I started giving him mashed up regular food separately from the baby food. He always had a spoon when I did and eventually he just started choosing the mashed over the puree. If you really want to use the baby food, you could mix in small amounts of rice cereal to thicken it, but I figure why bother--I want them on table food eventually anyway.

Adorable pics!

SS- Thanks for the reply. I think I have become too lax, which is a direct result from C absolutely hating his car seat. Now that he is bigger, I need to be putting him in it every single time I am in the car. It's just hard to listen to him sream when I know I am going to a store that is only 100 feet away.
Please don't get me wrong... he is 99.999% of the time in his car seat. It is just today it is cold outside, so I didn't think walking to the next store was good for C, so we just hopped in the car, and I didn't put him in the carseat. The lady in the car next to me when I parked kinda of gave me a weird look, and I explained to her the car seat issue, and she smiled but asked if it "was really *worth* it?". Got me thinking.

Thanks for the reply about the food as well. I think making my own is going to be the best best. I am just very unpleased with the amount of water they add to their fruits and veggies. It literally runs out of his mouth.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Mere~ Maybe the CIO method would work for the car seat? Eventually he'll get used to it because he has to? JT loved his seat. Lily only had a few problems with hers. She still doesn't sleep in it like most babies but she looks around contentedly. Do you have toys hanging from it to keep entertained with? Or something on the back window that can be seen from the seat?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1291843472|2791358 said:
SS- Thanks for the reply. I think I have become too lax, which is a direct result from C absolutely hating his car seat. Now that he is bigger, I need to be putting him in it every single time I am in the car. It's just hard to listen to him sream when I know I am going to a store that is only 100 feet away.
Please don't get me wrong... he is 99.999% of the time in his car seat. It is just today it is cold outside, so I didn't think walking to the next store was good for C, so we just hopped in the car, and I didn't put him in the carseat. The lady in the car next to me when I parked kinda of gave me a weird look, and I explained to her the car seat issue, and she smiled but asked if it "was really *worth* it?". Got me thinking.

Just a thought - if someone that wants to be a jerk sees you, they can call the cops and tell them what you're doing. It's a big no-no even for a short trip. If he screams, then he's alive, and that is what matters.

Micah still eats baby food, but he shows far more interest in whatever I'm eating, so that is usually what he gets unless we feed him between meals. We had him eating baby food with tons of baby oatmeal in it to thicken it, but it COMPLETELY stopped him up. No poops for days, and he was clearly uncomfortable, so we stopped that. So now he just eats off my plate. If it's something bigger I break it into tiny pieces - this morning he had a tortilla with a dab of butter, in small bites, and he gums the heck out of it. He's a very good chewer, never chokes unless he gets in a hurry.

re: leaks, Micah leaked out EVERY single diapers until he hit size 3. Now he's been in 4's for ages and never has leaks, at least not for me. I can tell when someone else puts a diaper on him because they leak. I have tried to teach grandma and my dad how to do it right, but he still gets wet. Poor baby. Grandma never used disposables, ya know. :rolleyes:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
SS- We have everything. He has just slowly grown out of it.

He is fine for driving to the store etc now, but he still hates the being strapped in part and the first few minutes... which was all it was going to take to move over 5 rows of the parking lot.

It's no excuse though. I need to stop doing that.

I know MP. It is not worth it, all around.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
SS - awww....those pics are so cute!!!! :bigsmile: those cheeks on Lily! And I love how she's busy exploring the ornament on the tree.... :lol:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lol. Lily is busy exploring the ornament and JT clearly knows he's been caught. I love how he's trying to slide away like he had no part in it! The funny thing is, it's a bell that she's playing with so obviously it got my attention. You'd think at almost 5, JT would have realized that sound travels and directed her to something more quiet. Everything else is glass so he was just keeping her safe I guess, or he knew she'd REALLY like the bell ringing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice chair mere. we just have the booster for J because it hides nicely under our table so people can't see it.

and i agree on the car seat thing., i hate putting J in for like a 2 min ride to another store or whatever so honestly i usually just walk with him then. if it's that close i don't bother. but i would not put him in the car with no seat--esp in a parking lot, people drive CRAZY. you just never never know. but yup covertible seats are such a pain...UGH. i wish there was another option.

SS i love that photo of lily under the tree. so cute!! lol.

so far J is leaving the tree alone mostly. knock on wood.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so proud of my little guy. He finished over 80% of a bottle for us yesterday (considered a full feed) and didn't have any apnea. Such a good job!! And I'm down to my pre-preggo weight. Yahoo!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite~ double yay! I'm so glad that he's eating well!

Hello all! I'm feeling better FINALLY! I think my love of Christmas has finally kicked PPD to the curb! (fingers crossed anyway!) DH will be moving to first shift in the new year so that'll be better for all of us too! That's all for now. Lily has decided on a short nap today.
:wavey:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SS on the change in spirits and Kunzite on the weight loss! Awesome for both of you!

We are only setting up one Christmas tree, and it is at the front of the house... C is a huge fan of the branches on the bottom.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Where are all the photos???

kara bath2 small.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
adding Skye

I am joining this thread with my daughter Skye Penelope B, who was born Wed 8 Dec.

the 1st night in the hospital was great - she didn't cry, but I didn't get any sleep because the baby of the woman in the bed next to me cried all night (had to share the room with 3 other ladies and their newborns). the 1st day home she slept all day. then at 1am she cried and cried and DH went to sleep with her in the living room and she finally fell asleep at 5am. yesterday afternoon I got a couple of hours of sleep because we have a lady coming by to help us. she asked me what I was having for breakfast, and I said "I am going to make some toast" and she said, "You're not going to do ANYTHING! You are going to sit down and I am going to make it for you." I could hug her. then when she showed us how to bathe little Skye I got very emotional because I was so thankful for having someone to help and couldn't get over how beautiful Skye is. then the rest of the day I had lots of tears and I was made to sit in the chair with my feet up and do very little. the lady left at 3pm, and already had done 2 loads of laundry and run the dishwasher. our little girl just kept sleeping so we rolled her cot into the living room. in the evening we actually watched some tv! then at 10pm my husband sent me to bed, and he did the last feeding/change at 1am. I think I got in total about 6 hrs of sleep! she didn't cry at all last night. she is also drinking most of her bottle now (usually she falls asleep during). it helps that she is bottle-fed and isn't reliant on me for breastfeeding so that DH and I can take shifts. he slept in her room last night.

and I had a bowel movement! been eating prunes. as advised, I don't push. I let the intestines do the pushing.

and here's a pic of her yesterday.

skye101210.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Noel! She's so sweet, and I hope she stays as well-behaved. You have a nice setup with the helpers who come in - lucky!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Noel, she's beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results