clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Posted this on the preggo thread, but thought it should be here too:
***Bugaboo Bee Strollers Recalled***

Just got this emailed to me:

Bugaboo Recalls Strollers Due to Risk of Brake Failure
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Bugaboo Bee Strollers

Units: About 22,500

Distributor: Bugaboo North America Inc., of Hermosa Beach, Calif.

Manufacturer: Bugaboo Design & Sales, B.V., of the Netherlands

Hazard: One or both sides of the brakes can fail, causing a stroller to unexpectedly roll away on an incline. This can pose a risk of injury to the child occupant.

Incidents/Injuries: Bugaboo has received 121 reports of the stroller’s brakes failing. No injuries have been reported.

Description: Bugaboo Bee strollers have item code 580210 on a label on the back of the seat and item code 50100 on a label on the plastic support under the seat. The strollers were sold in blue, dark khaki, pink, red, yellow, and black. “bugaboo® bee” is printed on the left side of the seat.

Sold at: Juvenile product retailers nationwide and on various Web sites from August 2007 through April 2009 for about $530.

Manufactured in: Taiwan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the strollers immediately and contact Bugaboo to receive a free repair kit. To order the bracket kit, go to www.bugaboo.com and fill in the special order form or contact Bugaboo customer service.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bugaboo at (800) 460-2922 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, visit the firm’s Web site at www.bugaboo.com, or email the firm at [email protected]

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
neat i am so sorry to hear that! stinky news. i hope it works out. i want ya in cali!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NF
So sorry you have to go through that. I would be so pissed off. Hope everything works out.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
neat UGH....so sorry to hear that!!! that seems kinda off that they would tell you guys over and over again that the position was your DH''s and now they are interviewing someone else. that just sucks!! i really hope everything works out for you guys!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. It is super annoying-DH is really bummed about it. He really wants this job specifically-so we are all just crossing our fingers and praying that they still want to give it to him! Suffice it to say that it was a rough weekend in our house.

We're off for a week to go to a wedding and visit my parents and my DH's aunts and uncles. Should be interesting-the boys are coming and it's their first plane ride AND my first night away from them.
6.gif

Not sure I am ready to leave them for a night...even if it's with my parents and sister. We'll see...we might end up driving home from the wedding that night instead if I am not ready to leave them!

I hope I'll have some time to PS this week but if not-everyone have a great week!

And I will leave you with a lovely picture as a goodbye present
30.gif
(that furry thing in the background is one of our dogs for anyone wondering!)

IMG_3390.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, NF, your situation with DH''s job just stinks. I''m sending you and DH lots of twin baby-powered dust. Twice the potency.

What an adorable picture. They are so handsome. I love the "Stud" t-shirt!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
neat how CRAZY handsome are those boys of yours?!?!?! have a great trip and hope the boys are ok on their first plane ride.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Nf- stinks about the job! Have a fun trip and babes are 2 cute!

Mgal- sick babies are no fun
7.gif
...hope he''s better!

DD- can''t wait to see the end product and I totally agree that reps should know how to speak with custies! :)

Pandora- no bf advice here of course but I hope it all gets better! The fussing is killer in the beginning but she will get on a schedule soon ;-)

Fabienne- congrats!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF Have fun at the wedding! The sweetest thing about twins is how they have each other to sniggle and play with
30.gif
Hunter is jealous!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
nf, so sorry to hear about DH''s job situation--that really sucks. I hope it all works out. I absolutely LOVE the photo of the boys!! They are sooooooooo cute and cuddly. And so grown up already! Hope you have a great time at the wedding and a safe trip with your little guys!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Neat~so sorry to hear about your DH''s job situation! Lots of job dust to him!!! I hope it all works out. That pic of the boys melts my heart....
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
NF, so sorry to hear about your DH''s job! That sucks! I have my fingers crossed for you and hope everything works out. Your boys are so cute! Have fun at the wedding!

lili

Ideal_Rock
NF
That''s just rotten what they did.
My fingers crossed and lots of job dust for your hubby.
Hope everything works out.

30.gif
30.gif
how adorable are your twins.
And looks like Dexter is filling out.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Fabienne - congrats!

DD - glad to hear that you figured out what was waking Hunter up!

NF - OMG they''re adorable. Seriously. And that''s horrible about your DH''s job offer. I''m sorry. I hope that you have fun at the wedding!

I''ve successfully added egg (and thus brownies
5.gif
) back into my diet. Next up - cow milk!!! The job that I mentioned a few days ago contacted DH the day after he applied to ask for his undergrad and MBA transcripts - please keep your fingers crossed!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Blen, good luck to your DH! I ment to comment yesterday on the returning to work after taking 5 years off question. I work in HR, and have hired former SAHMs in the past. 4-5 years off isn''t a big deal, where 23 is a much larger hurdle to get over. Depending on your situation, I would recommend keeping up with any licenses/ceritfications you have, and possibly stay involved with a professional organization in that field. It might not be easy, but I bet there will be many people doing the SAH option with the economy the way it is, and flow back into the work force when things recover in a few years.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Neat, those boys are just too precious! I want to get in between them and snuggle! I hope the situation with your DH''s job turns around. Did they not send a formal offer to him?

Pandora, how''s the BFing going?

Today I tried to get in a good workout and it was pretty funny. Jumping jacks and jump rope make me pee a little. That was fun to find out!
20.gif
Will that ever go away??

My mother in law is here visiting so I left Alila for the first time and went and got a pedi. It was wonderful, but boy did I miss her after only being gone a couple of hours!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I breastfed Alila around 5:30 and she wasn''t hungry again until 8pm. She would stay on the breast for a minute and then pull off crying. DH fed her a bottle of pumped BM while I tried to pump. I couldn''t express anything and I''m very upset! What is the deal??

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Whoo hoo eggs/brownies, Blen!
Courtney -- yea pedi! I always assume that exercise is going to do me more harm than good...your story proves my point.
9.gif

Not a lot of time right now...dealing with stuff, but I wanted to say Hooray Cheerios!!!

firsttimecheeriosmini.JPG

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehe jas! They are sooo big already and too cute for words ! :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:19:48 PM
Author: Courtneylub
I breastfed Alila around 5:30 and she wasn't hungry again until 8pm. She would stay on the breast for a minute and then pull off crying. DH fed her a bottle of pumped BM while I tried to pump. I couldn't express anything and I'm very upset! What is the deal??
Don't judge what you produce by what you can pump! Some women can't get anything pumping. I have times when I think my boobs are empty or Hunter isn't liking one breast and likes the other. Try switching her to the other one when she doesn't like one. Or maybe she wasn't hungry yet? Are you eating and drinking enough? I find I need to drink at least 12oz every time I BF, and you need to eat eat eat at least every 3 hours to keep your supply up. I know you want to lose the baby weight, but 1800 cals a day may not cut it. Also, many women have a little less milk in the evening. Oh, and one other thing, you milk won't let down is you are stressed. Sometimes you need to go in a quiet room, listen to nice music, relax and BF her and do deep breaths and visualize milk pouring out of your breasts! Seems silly, but it works. Milk won't come easily if you are stressed. She is growing lots so you ARE making milk! I think you need to put aside the bottles for a while and just try to trust that your body can feed your daughter
1.gif
She gained 2 lbs in a couple weeks, you are a milk making mama for sure!

How old is she? It is possible that she is growing as well. Hunter had a phase like that last week he just wanted to suck all the time and I felt dry as a bone! But there was milk!

And today he seemed to have a preference for one breast over the other... he also cried like a maniac once when I was trying to feed him! Turned out he had a very wet diaper and the AC was on
20.gif

Anyways, my point is don't worry, its all good, just relax and try different things when she is in a mood. Another room, a diaper change, and she may decide she likes your breast after all!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dreamer...I feel much better now. I probably didnt eat enough today and on top of that I worked out, so I''m sure I needed more calories. And water too. Ugh...it''s exhausting!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:29:57 PM
Author: jas
Whoo hoo eggs/brownies, Blen!
Courtney -- yea pedi! I always assume that exercise is going to do me more harm than good...your story proves my point.
9.gif

Not a lot of time right now...dealing with stuff, but I wanted to say Hooray Cheerios!!!
Too freaking cute. Amelia has that chair too...handy thing. And I ditto...Cheerios were a LIFESAVER for us. Amelia would not put ANYTHING into her mouth. Nada. And I''m talking for ages (like 11.5 months old or something like that. Until we gave her cheerios. Three cheers for cheerios!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for all the job dust and the compliments on the boys!-this is a quick one b/c we are visiting my parents and it''s been a looong day. The boys were FABULOUS on the plane-so glad because we got the stink eye for sure from a few people when we got on. And by the end of the flights the boys were flirting with everyone.

Blen Thanks and TONS and TONS of dust to your DH too!

Court As DD said-pumping isn''t always a great indicator of what A is getting. And calories and water make a huuuuuge difference to me-so make sure you are getting a ton.

Jas Soooo cute! Are they running you ragged yet? Do you have a pen for them?
2.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
NF: really sorry to hear about the news
7.gif
and
36.gif
36.gif
for the boys being so great on the plane! must have been such a relief! (and they''re just so cute too!)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Jas, they''re soo cute!

Here''s one of Kyle 3 month pro-pics. He just wanted to take a nap, so we didn''t get the best shots, but I like how this one turned out.

tmp52-1.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Neat I am so sorry to hear about the job situation!!!...I hope it all works out!

My boys will be joining a good looking group of PS twin studs!!!!!!!!!!!

Neat and Jas, the four of them are just SO PRECIOUS!!!. It gets me so excited about my own babies to see such beautiful, healthy, happy boys!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: Mustang, what a cutie!!!!!!
30.gif
Love that pciture!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mustang~Cute pic!!

Jas~Yay for cheerios! What a great pic!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Well the BF seems to be improving - I seem to have a lot more today and yesterday suddenly, and I have found it easier to express a decent amount (in a shortish amount of time) as well. Hooray!

However, I do think it''s one of the most miserable bits of the early days - feeling that you can''t feed your child is really good at making you feel like a complete failure! It''s been the only thing to completely reduce me to tears and a neurotic mess!

We went to see DH''s grandparents and mother yesterday, Daisy screamed for the first hour of the drive, then slept 30 minutes and then screamed for 20 minutes and today she was much improved and we had a few 15 minute sessions during the 5 hour journey so she seems to be getting the idea that car journeys mean car seats and that is that.

She was really well behaved with all the relatives - DH''s mother couldn''t believe how quiet she was at night... she was sleeping with me, but instead of crying she just kicks me a bit until I wake up and feed her. Not that I actually sleep properly when she''s in bed with me. I will be very relieved when she finally settles in her cot at night and it would be nice if she could do the 4-5 hour stretches that she does in the day at night as well instead of the 1-2 hours she currently does.

We got home just in time to grab our polling cards and go down to vote for the European elections - apparently Daisy was the youngest person at the polling station today... horribly early start to politics for the poor child, although with us as parents she''ll be out canvassing before she''s out of her pram - I''m standing down next year, but DH is going to run instead (babies always look good in campaign leaflets
27.gif
)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora Your experiences sound a lot like mine in those early days! Waiting for my milk to come in was terrible. If daisy is sleeping so well in the day you *may* want to try waking her after an hour or so... I know I know, that sounds crazy, but you really want her clock to get switched so you can get some sleep! I have just found that H sleeps much better at night when he is more active in the day. H also slept with us for the first 2-3 weeks. On my belly usually, and I got no sleep. Don''t recall how we got him to sleep in the co-sleeper. I think he was just in a really deep sleep and I popped him over and that was it! Have you thought of moving her pod into your bedroom at night and putting her in there?

fabienne

Rough_Rock
I didn''t realize how many twins we had on PS. You ladies are so blessed!

Sorry to hear about your situation Neat, that is beyond frustrating and definitely stressful. I''ll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

I had so many breastfeeding issues with my daughter so I was hoping to be so much wiser this time around. Well, I''m not ready to give up on breastfeeding just yet but I hate that it doesn''t come natural to me like it does to others. Logan already lost a lot of weight in the hospital and so I''m nervous about trying to get him back on track. I drove myself crazy (near breakdown) trying to keep my daughter breast only so I promised myself I''d be more relaxed about formula/breastmilk this time around. I find myself wanting to rely heavily on formula. With my daughter, I pumped like a madwoman to avoid formula but so far, I am just not motivated to pump.

I could go on and on but I''m tired so I guess I''ll finish venting/sharing my experiences thus far when I have a little more energy.

Last thing--based on DD''s post about eating and being hydrated, I am definitely going to try to improve in that area. Its one thing to read it on paper/books that it makes a difference, but if you hear it from a "real" person, it makes the advice seem more solid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results