carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh---Just ate my post!

Wanted to do a tiny update:

Evan refused his 10:30 nap (ate at 9:00). Slept for maybe 10 minutes total inbetween the screeching. I fed him at 12:00 and he was knocked out by 12:30 and has been sleeping ever since (in his bassinet!!).

Yesterday--he went for like 5 hours without waking up. Should I wake him at 3 hours to keep the feeding cycle going (if he even stays asleep that long)?

I''m not just worried about him sleeping through the night. I''m worried about everything---I want to make sure he is getting enough sleep at the right times and I want to establish somewhat of a routine to make my everyday life easier.

He''s a really easy going baby so far---even though these past few posts make it seem like he is the opposite! I just want to establish somewhat of a routine before I have to return to work to make things easier on my parents/his parents or the daycare provider.

Evan, October 31

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:37:37 AM
Author: TanDogMom

Thread splitting A couple people mentioned that they liked my idea to have this thread be for 2009 mamas. This keeps our group together over time and keeps us from overwhelming the toddler thread, and keeps the preggo thread from overwhelming this one. The alternative is for everyone to continue ''graduating'' from one thread to the next and then split the toddler thread down the line if it gets too crowded. I think either way would work. Maybe more people can chime in. If most people prefer the 2009 idea, I will request the mods to change the title and will put a note on the other mama threads letting them know what we are up to. Actually, maybe I should ask what they think - after all, it would mean changes for their threads too.
Since you''re asking for more opinions, I''ll give mine as a non-mommy but frequent follower of many of these thread.

I guess I don''t really understand the benefit of more thread-splitting. I understand the basic premise....helps people keep up, in theory......but since most of the gals follow all the other threads anyway and comment in them, I don''t see how it''s really adding value of lessening a burden to split them annually. Speaking for myself, it just means I now need to figure out who is in which thread and jockey back and forth, and I find that harder than following a few threads. I still have to find a way to keep up; it''s just several threads instead of a few.

I''ve also tended to notice that the updates/posting seems to decrease once hitting the 18+ month mark; in fact, the toddler thread had many comments about how slow that thread was after splitting....lol. Also, people find other means to photo share beyond that age, so the posting volume decreases significantly.

I can absolutely see the value/benefit in the existing splits because they reflect distinct developmental ranges, i.e. having a preggo thread, a newborn thread, and a toddler thread for sure. Preggos have a ton of questions if it''s their first, so that can drive post volume. The newborn-12 month thread also has significant volume/pace because moms can feel a bit overwhelmed and unsure of what to do in new experiences. By the time the toddler range hits, though, I think most gals are finding their stride, and so the posting volume is considerably less. I wouldn''t think that those moms about to trickle into the toddler thread would put such an amazing burden on that thread as to make it unworkable.

If anything, I''d think it makes sense to modify the newborn thread to range newborn-18 months. This takes through all the ''firsts'', most teething, and runs until just about potty-training in most cases.

I''ve often felt sad, too, for those who get ''left behind'' in threads. There are many gals right now having babies (Mara, Ginger, etc) who''ve actually been around PS for quite a long time and have strong bonds with other gals who had kids earlier (TGal, Mrs. Salvo, Jas, etc.) that aren''t necessarily birth-year dependent.

I understand there''s a kinship folks develop when their kids are born in close proximity, but it seems most of the gals who want to maintain those bonds find other platforms like FB to do so, so I''m not sure I''m feeling the need as much for segmentation here.

Just my humble opinion, for what it''s worth. I''m good either way, but wanted to contribute.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gotcha nf...well if i were you i''d still post in 2009.
3.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Re: thread split. It doesn''t seem too crowded to me, and there are a few of us approaching the "jump", so it might alleviate matters. Or the idea of adding a new one for 2010 moms and leaving the other two alone would work as well.

fiery - Kyle was born February 12

neat - my SIL did a generic #1 theme for my nephew''s first b-day. They have the plates and decorations at the party store, just lots of big #1s in teal I think it was. Cute without being a total "theme".

My b-day/xmas gifts arrived the other day, but DH won''t let me see them
14.gif
. I found an amazing deal on a 1/2cttw 5 stone band and 5 stone huggies that match on ebay. I had DH "approve" them, so I''ve seen the pics, but it''s not the same!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Re: Threadsplitting: NF, no matter what happens, you're not allowed to leave, you're just not, so there!
I think it's a good idea though because I already feel guilty that even though I read everyone's posts, by the time I catch up I can't remember half the things I want to say, and then I feel crummy for not responding to everyone. I can only imagine how much harder it will be once all the new preggo mommies come over.

Ebree, yay for solids! Even though Jacks is younger, we're going to be starting in the next week or so as well because he's eating tons of formula. What are you starting with? Are you going to make your own? I would love to make my own, but don't think I'll have the time/energy. We're goign to start with oatmeal since Jacks already had rice in his bottle for reflux and it constipated him.

Fiery, glad you had a good trip, sorry the return trip was horrible. It's great that Sophia will sleep so well in the car...I miss the days when Jacks would do that!

Mandy, instead of scheduling naps I tried to make sure Jacks was never awake for more than 1.5 hours or so at a time, and around 2.5 months he started being pretty regular.

Mara, we started tummy time in the first few weeks for at least a few mintues at a time. And we are the poster pair for bad habits...Jackson learned to sleep only being held early on, and it's been really difficult.

Re, sleep routines...definitely establish a routine that includes elements that lo will be able to do on their own to help them learn self soothing! Our routine of swaddle, rock, and paci. made it all but impossible for Jacks to sleep on his own (hindsight 20/20 and all that!)

Robbie, hope the trip to ny went ok and that Des is helping to keep everyone's spirits from getting too low...thinking of you!

As for us, Jacks had his 4 month appt. yesterday. He's 14 lbs 12 oz and 25 1/4 inches!
We tried CIO on Friday, and after a little over 2 hours, I gave in and picked him up. He instantly fell asleep, so I put him down. Was up in a half hour. I gave him the paci, and he fell back asleep, and was up in another 40 minutes. Gave up and slept with him the rest of the night.

The next day I started working with him to change some bad habits, and I'm happy to announce Jacks is officially sleeping unswaddled (both overnight and naps) and has been sttn with me. (Mela, your point about sleep training and night feeding really hit home!) So we will be trying again with CIO soon, with much more resolve!

ETA: Jacks was born 7/31

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally don't love the idea of threadsplitting again either. But at the same time I wonder if the new 2010 mommies (because there are a LOT of them) would prefer to have a newborn thread with all their own things to talk about.

Hmmm....I really don't know what the best way is here. Any way we do it people get left out or shifted around UNLESS we somehow just make a new thread for the 2010 mommies and leave the other two alone.

I will say though that I don't think ANYONE should feel guilty about not responding to everyone. I don't think it's necessary unless you can share something helpful or you feel compelled to post to them. But I'll put it out there right now that I won't be offended if not everyone responds to my posts!
2.gif

Sabine Don't worry I love you ladies and won't abandon. But I would feel bad posting regularly not in "my" thread KWIM? It feels like a catch 22.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I feel guilty about not responding to everyone. I don''t have internet at home and it is a PITB to respond on my blackberry (small keys, fat fingers). Since we''re on the topic, I don''t do it on purpose I promise!

Hey where''s China??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 1:09:50 PM
Author: Allison D.

Since you''re asking for more opinions, I''ll give mine as a non-mommy but frequent follower of many of these thread.

I guess I don''t really understand the benefit of more thread-splitting. I understand the basic premise....helps people keep up, in theory......but since most of the gals follow all the other threads anyway and comment in them, I don''t see how it''s really adding value of lessening a burden to split them annually. Speaking for myself, it just means I now need to figure out who is in which thread and jockey back and forth, and I find that harder than following a few threads. I still have to find a way to keep up; it''s just several threads instead of a few.

I''ve also tended to notice that the updates/posting seems to decrease once hitting the 18+ month mark; in fact, the toddler thread had many comments about how slow that thread was after splitting....lol. Also, people find other means to photo share beyond that age, so the posting volume decreases significantly.

I can absolutely see the value/benefit in the existing splits because they reflect distinct developmental ranges, i.e. having a preggo thread, a newborn thread, and a toddler thread for sure. Preggos have a ton of questions if it''s their first, so that can drive post volume. The newborn-12 month thread also has significant volume/pace because moms can feel a bit overwhelmed and unsure of what to do in new experiences. By the time the toddler range hits, though, I think most gals are finding their stride, and so the posting volume is considerably less. I wouldn''t think that those moms about to trickle into the toddler thread would put such an amazing burden on that thread as to make it unworkable.

If anything, I''d think it makes sense to modify the newborn thread to range newborn-18 months. This takes through all the ''firsts'', most teething, and runs until just about potty-training in most cases.

I''ve often felt sad, too, for those who get ''left behind'' in threads. There are many gals right now having babies (Mara, Ginger, etc) who''ve actually been around PS for quite a long time and have strong bonds with other gals who had kids earlier (TGal, Mrs. Salvo, Jas, etc.) that aren''t necessarily birth-year dependent.

I understand there''s a kinship folks develop when their kids are born in close proximity, but it seems most of the gals who want to maintain those bonds find other platforms like FB to do so, so I''m not sure I''m feeling the need as much for segmentation here.

Just my humble opinion, for what it''s worth. I''m good either way, but wanted to contribute.
True Alj...our thread is slower because a lot of us have found each other offline where we share pics (since most of us didn''t want to post anymore after the LOs turned one.) I''ve definitely hit much more of a stride and don''t have much to say, although I enjoy reading about the other kids. I''m thinking when Amelia hits 2, I really won''t have much to stay at all. There comes a point where if you are talking about older kids, it''s just self involved.
3.gif

So I do think for those of you who have enjoyed chatting here, you''ll be "taking over" the toddler thread soon. I''ve already stopped posting there regularly and imagine others will begin to drop off too.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:13:03 PM
Author: TravelingGal
True Alj...our thread is slower because a lot of us have found each other offline where we share pics (since most of us didn''t want to post anymore after the LOs turned one.) I''ve definitely hit much more of a stride and don''t have much to say, although I enjoy reading about the other kids. I''m thinking when Amelia hits 2, I really won''t have much to stay at all. There comes a point where if you are talking about older kids, it''s just self involved.
3.gif

So I do think for those of you who have enjoyed chatting here, you''ll be ''taking over'' the toddler thread soon. I''ve already stopped posting there regularly and imagine others will begin to drop off too.
You could just have another and then have lots more to say

Whistle2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:11:20 PM
Author: fiery
I feel guilty about not responding to everyone. I don''t have internet at home and it is a PITB to respond on my blackberry (small keys, fat fingers). Since we''re on the topic, I don''t do it on purpose I promise!

Hey where''s China??

Don''t feel guilty!!!! We all need to get over our guilt!

And I was wondering about China too. And Peony (although she messaged me the other day on FB and it sounds like things are good!). And NYC. And if we go way back I was wondering about Ephemery and Indy too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:16:21 PM
Author: fiery

Date: 12/2/2009 2:13:03 PM
Author: TravelingGal
3.gif

So I do think for those of you who have enjoyed chatting here, you''ll be ''taking over'' the toddler thread soon. I''ve already stopped posting there regularly and imagine others will begin to drop off too.
You could just have another and then have lots more to say

Whistle2.gif
hmmmmmm....

no.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering where NYC was also....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NF
I know how you feel about the thread splitting. I felt that way when the preggos thread first split into the preggos and mommies thread, and then again when the mommies thread split into newborns and toddlers thread. B/c at both times, I was in-between. But I just kind of skipped over to the “advance” thread earlier. So you can just remain in the thread you are most comfortable in.

Thread splitting
I don’t know about this thread, but the toddler thread definitely doesn’t need to be split. And I don’t really care if there are 2009 and 2010 threads since I am a second time mom in Jan 2010, so I won’t have too many questions where I need to ask the 2009 moms. But I can see how valuable it is having 2009 moms around for the first time moms. So I think it’s wise to wait until 2010 to decide on splitting the thread.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 12:22:47 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Re splitting . . . if the problem is to alleviate 'overcrowding,' and everyone currently on the thread must have babies born between December 2008 and now anyway, then creating a 2009 babies thread doesn't seem to really change anything. Perhaps a thread that splits every six months instead? January to June 2009 and July to December 2009, or something like that.

I have to say, though, that it feels a little odd to have shown up on this thread only to have people suddenly announce that it was time to split so the moms who had been here longer could keep posting with each other and . . . get rid of us newbies?

Phoenixgirl,
As the one who recently made the suggestion I want to apologize that it came off the way it did to you as a newbie. I did not suggest we split as a way to kick off newbies. As a matter of fact, if we split the thread by year, newbies would be specifically included in this one. The early 2010 moms would be excluded, and IMO that's the bad part because there are several 2010 moms of whom I'm particularly fond. But if we were to split the thread, someone would always get excluded.

I was just thinking, as Fiery said, that the thread IS moving fast and soon it will only move faster. I still feel like I sometimes have things to contribute about newborns, but pregnancy is fading fast in my memory and soon the newborn days will be too. IMO it would be nice to keep talking to people who are in roughly the same stage. When there are so many people, I feel like I cannot keep up and like I don't know anyone that well. That's why I never joined the preggo thread (or at least one reason). This thread seems like just about the perfect size right now and I thought maybe we should keep it around the same. It's just my opinion. It's definitely not the only way to do things.

The year thing IS arbitrary, but isn's a cutoff always going to be somewhat arbitrary? I thought if we did want to do it that way we are approaching the end of the year so this would be a good time to do it. So it seemed a logical time to raise the suggestion.

I actually didn't realize that the toddler thread had slowed down. I don't read it that often anymore. When I used to read it it moved really fast and I was actually thinking that it might be disruptive when a bunch of us graduate up and start talking about 1 year old stuff when they are talking about 2 year old stuff. But if it's moving slower now, maybe my point is totally moot.

I've made my suggestion and it's great to hear the feedback. I am getting ready to go out of town with limited internet access, so maybe someone else will take the lead on making the change IF that's what the majority decides to do.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''d kind of prefer things to stay the way they are. Those with older babies will some day be graduating to the slower toddler thread, and those with younger babies will end up with the former preggos on the newborn-12mo thread. I have to say, even if things changed and there were a 2010 babies thread, with me having a baby early on in 2010, I''d just end up posting on the 2009 babies thread with questions anyhow, since there won''t be many 2010 Mom''s ahead of me to give advice. I think the age ranges do make it easier to get the help you need.

A fast moving thread means there''s lots of advice floating around. As long as people don''t get offended when their posts aren''t commented on by everyone else on the thread and we''re selectively responding to stuff that really resonates with us, it shouldn''t be too unwieldy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember clearly being kicked out of the preggo thread
3.gif
That being said I think keeping the threads based on the ages makes the most sense. People join and quit all the time. I am confused why there would be a thread for every year vs. age. This way it keeps all the toddler info, newborn info, etc in the same thread.
33.gif
I don''t think the toddler thread needs to be split yet. It isn''t that hard to keep up and like Alj said most of us have stopped posting pics so it isn''t overwhelming. I am surprised anyone would think the 12-36 month thread is overwhelming at all. Also I don''t think people are left behind. Anyone is welcome to comment in any thread but obviously someone who is a first time preggo cannot *really* relate to someone who is trying to potty train their kid. It is impossible. Surely someone shouldn''t take it personally.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tao, I forgot that Evan is bottle fed, so I guess he can go longer between feeds. What did your pediatrician recommend as far as how often and how much to feed him? I'm no expert what with my one week extra of motherhood
2.gif
, but what I've read has suggested no more than 3.5 hours between feeds during the day at this age. When Claire is sleeping soundly and I don't have a reason to wake her up, then I let her go the 3.5 hours. I'm about to wake her up after 2 hours 40 minutes to try to get two more feedings in before guests come over for dinner at 7.

NF, I realize that the current proposal keeps me in the same thread as most of the other moms here, but as the original rationale was the sudden increase in pace of the thread based on new arrivals, I was simply commenting on the implications of those comments. Whoa, too much to read now, too many people with newborns, etc. I'll go with whatever people decide; I love PS and obviously have for the last almost 7 years. I just wanted to point out that while I totally understand that it's more efficient to split the threads (just as I try to keep my students' groups small when I place them in Socratic Seminars so that each student has more of "the floor"), it wasn't the kind of suggestion that made me feel welcome in the thread. Not unwelcome, not crying my eyes out or anything, but a little like, gee, did I unwittingly interrupt something when I started posting about my newborn in the newborn thread?

I do understand the feeling that a thread can have so many posts that you can't follow it and contribute the way that you want to, and I'm not trying to make you feel bad for making the suggestion, TDM.

Claire: October 23

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted a response to TDM over in the toddler thread but thought I''d repost here:

tandogmom- so far, the toddler thread doesn''t move too fast so it works fine for us. Part of the problem is the baby threads didn''t really start taking off until Tacori/diver/ella etc. got preggo and then there was the boom of the April 2008 babies where 4 of us who are active posters stuck around. now, it seems a lot more gals are joining the preggo and mommy threads but if we do a babies born in 2007 thread, that will put tacori in a thread basically by herself. and there are only a handful of 2008 mommies who are regular posters. So, I''d really rather keep us all together. Plus, I think as more of the gals graduate up to this thread it will make a little more room in the newborn to 12 month thread. We''ve got plenty of room over here for more. I kinda figured we would eventually have to split again but would wait until we really needed too. But, I''m open to whatever!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

I have to say, though, that it feels a little odd to have shown up on this thread only to have people suddenly announce that it was time to split so the moms who had been here longer could keep posting with each other and . . . get rid of us newbies?
This is exactly why I''m concerned about further thread splitting; it can give the impression that newer comers aren''t welcome and feels exclusionary.

If I were having children, I''d not only want to hear the war stories of others who are on the front line like I am but ALSO those who''ve survived and may have learned some things I can take comfort in, even if it''s just to say "yeah, it stinks now, but hang in there and I support you."

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 3:58:04 PM
Author: Allison D.

This is exactly why I''m concerned about further thread splitting; it can give the impression that newer comers aren''t welcome and feels exclusionary.

If I were having children, I''d not only want to hear the war stories of others who are on the front line like I am but ALSO those who''ve survived and may have learned some things I can take comfort in, even if it''s just to say ''yeah, it stinks now, but hang in there and I support you.''

I agree. But then again I have never been a fan of cliques. I rely my "peer" moms and those with children older than my own for advice and ideas. I don''t think any of us look at the moms "graduating" to the next thread as an invasion. I think we are happy to share our experiences with each other.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been thinking about calling the pediatrician because we keep getting told that formula fed babies can go 3.5.-4 hours between feeding, but Evan must be a pig or something because he can barely make it 2 hours without wanting more food! He drinks on average 3 oz., but he''s been known to drink nearly double that (After a bit of a wait to make sure it really is hunger and not something else making him get upset and cry). My MIL and my husband keep talking about doing the rice/cereal in the bottle to help out a bit...but I''m thinking we can continue with what we are doing until his 2 month appointment on December 29th.

So far the schedule for today is going pretty decent, he is down for another nap...this didn''t happen yesterday he wound up sleeping 5 straight hours, at least today he is breaking up the naps into hour increments. I think that tonight is going to go much better.

I think someone earlier had mentioned having a drunk baby....Here is my drunk baby picture...not sure if I have posted it before or not.

evanmilk.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
He''s soooo cute!

MIL''s and mom''s for some reason are notorious for suggesting the cereal in the bottle. I don''t think its a good idea at all (unless suggested by the pedi for reflux). He''s not ready for cereal at less than 2 months and adding cereal to a bottle is a choking hazard.

Do you think you can try offering 4oz? I don''t know how much is too much at 5 weeks because we weren''t bottle feeding then but I do know that at 8 weeks, Sophia was taking 4-5oz at the breast (we did a weighed feeding) so maybe offering 4oz each feeding will help?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK LADIES, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I think we all need to put on our big girl panties and stop being oversensitive about any of this thread talk... Seriously folks, it is nothing personal against any one person or people and if you feel that way, well stop it
3.gif

Don''t you all know that 99% of people''s behaviour is motivated by selfish interests? People like me and TDM and some others are about to "graduate" because we have the oldest babies, which means leaving all our friends here and going to a new thread. THAT is the more likely motivation for any of our concerns about threads and size and all that jazz. At least it is for me. The moms in the older kids thread are GREAT people but I simply don''t know them as well, and ther babies are older, and they are all cooler than me
3.gif
. It is like going to highschool from elementary school. Can you blame anyone for wanting to maintain the status quo?

Anyways, I have said my piece and I think we should just leave all the threads as they are. I think people will indeed drop out sometimes and people will move as they like, and I think that we should all just post where we want to post, however old our kids are!
9.gif

There are no rules here, we can do as we like. I say let sleeping dogs lie. And then you will all just have to accept that I will hang around here as long as I darn well please and move on when some of my friends are ready to move to. Then we will be the cool new kids in the toddler thread and we can have a rumble like in the OUtsiders and West Side Story
11.gif

See, problem solved
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 4:23:57 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

OK LADIES, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I think we all need to put on our big girl panties and stop being oversensitive about any of this thread talk... Seriously folks, it is nothing personal against any one person or people and if you feel that way, well stop it
3.gif

Don''t you all know that 99% of people''s behaviour is motivated by selfish interests? People like me and TDM and some others are about to ''graduate'' because we have the oldest babies, which means leaving all our friends here and going to a new thread. THAT is the more likely motivation for any of our concerns about threads and size and all that jazz. At least it is for me. The moms in the older kids thread are GREAT people but I simply don''t know them as well, and ther babies are older, and they are all cooler than me
3.gif
. It is like going to highschool from elementary school. Can you blame anyone for wanting to maintain the status quo?

Anyways, I have said my piece and I think we should just leave all the threads as they are. I think people will indeed drop out sometimes and people will move as they like, and I think that we should all just post where we want to post, however old our kids are!
9.gif

There are no rules here, we can do as we like. I say let sleeping dogs lie. And then you will all just have to accept that I will hang around here as long as I darn well please and move on when some of my friends are ready to move to. Then we will be the cool new kids in the toddler thread and we can have a rumble like in the OUtsiders and West Side Story
11.gif

See, problem solved
2.gif
Well said DD.

We will allow you to come play with us now.
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The real question DD is: Are you a Jet or a Shark?
11.gif

8727_west-side-story.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just going to throw this idea out there and then let you ladies talk amongst yourselves (since I''m just a lurker). Would it help at all if there was a sub-forum dedicated to mommies/parents instead of having a thread in FH&H that gets really, really long? Since I''m not a parent, I don''t have a vested interest either way, and I can see everyone''s points of view. I''ll still follow the threads (I love reading them), whatever you decide, but I thought I''d put that idea out there.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Tao - I''d stay away from the rice cereal thing unless your doc suggests it. Maybe try the 4oz idea, I don''t remember for sure what Kyle was drinking at that stage, but I know he was doing 5 oz bottles at 9 weeks, so that sounds about right. And I love the drunk baby!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
A fast moving thread means there''s lots of advice floating around. As long as people don''t get offended when their posts aren''t commented on by everyone else on the thread and we''re selectively responding to stuff that really resonates with us, it shouldn''t be too unwieldy.
This resonates to me much more than anything else, and I think it''s often ignored.

People shouldn''t feel guilty about not contributing *enough* or stroking everyone in a thread. These threads are supposed to be fun and supportive, not an obligation that makes anyone feel bad for not contributing. Think about it; for anyone posting in them, the threads are mostly filled with gals who are either going through the same sleep deprivation as you OR have already been there and well remember how demanding those early days post-delivery were. I''ve never seen any of the great ladies here feel offended at not being answered; people give what they can give when they can give, and it''s a great resource.

For me, that''s one of the big benefits of not having the threads fracture too much; there are times when some gals are doing all they can just to breathe and feed their LOs, and having enough other contributors means that someone else will reach out with a suggestion when you may be too pooped or overwhelmed to.

I truly hope no one is offended by my take; I don''t mean to diss anyone''s suggestion and I know it''s well-intentioned. I have everyone''s best interests at heart, too.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with DD-I also don't think the threads need to be split. It just gets too confusing IMO.

Of course I will go with the majority-but people leave-look at how many 2009 moms no longer really post and more people drop out all the time. I think the threads will be fine. And the toddler thread is slower as TGal has mentioned. If we need to split again later I think it would be in the toddler thread so that might make more sense if that needed to happen down the line (i.e., have a 2-3 year thread, and a 3+ or something like that).

And people need to just not feel bad about not posting to everyone! I don't think anyone will take offense-I know I wouldn't.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice about the rice cereal. I''m not big into the idea of it. But husband keeps bringing it up--so I said he could ask the pediatrician about it. Hopefully she will say to wait a bit longer.

He took 4 oz. today at 3:00 and it seems like it was enough for him because he still hasn''t gotten fussy.

Sorry for all the pictures I keep posting...I just love him! He looks like an old man in this picture.

evanhalfsmile.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results