shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2009 11:01:45 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Date: 5/10/2009 10:58:48 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

iluv, hopefully it will be. I am just not ready to talk about it on a public forum
2.gif
Tomorrow is a new day.

I understand. Just know that on this Mother''s Day, I think you are one of the greatest moms around.

BIG HUGE (((HUGS)))

xxxooo

Thanks! *tear* Luckily it has nothing to do with Tessa. She is as happy and healthy as ever!
16.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori i hope everything is ok.

hope everyone had a wonderful mother''s day filled with lots of pampering!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Mothers Day to all of the Special Mommies.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxox

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!! i''ve been MIA for a long long long long time and i can''t even start to explain how hectic life has been let alone even be able to catch up with this thread!!

anyhow, i wanted to wish u all a happy mothers day (this is so weird coz our mother''s day is March 21st!) and wanted to send tons of sticky dust to puffy and welcome all the new mama''s!!!

ive missed u guys tons and missed hearing about ur babies and their progress!

Things are good over here...had to postpone k''s birthday coz he got a horrendous viral infection, extremely high fever and all that fun stuff....ended up having to give away ALL the cupcakes that i did
7.gif
had to re-bake everything a week later....it was a blast birthday though (pics later :) )..

i also ended up starting a side cupcake business! (pics of that later too :) )

i also went to dubai for a birthday weekend get-away!

i also got into two car accidents =( (stories of that later!)

AND two of my best friends are due to give birth any day....

ANNNNNND i FINALLY got my anniversary present from pearlsman..its a Beverly K diamond and sapphire band with K''s name and date engraved (a la Tessa style ;-) )...(pics of that soon too!)

and the list goes on and on..of course i''ve rambled enuf now so ill be quiet and come back later with detailed updates..

oh i''ve missed u ladies!!! is that weird?? u guys have become a ''part'' of my daily routine and not hearing updates and knowing wats happening with u guys makes me feel like im missing something in my day...

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had good mother''s day! Here are some pics from ours:

nycbkkidsmday.jpg

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here they are with my niece
9.gif

nycbkkids005.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tac, I hope all is ok - hugs to you from across the miles.
emlove.gif
emrose.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori I hope things get better soon! HUGS!

NYC I love how in that second photos Jackie is trying to nurse on her brother's head! LOL! Hunter used to do that too when he was littler! Anything came near the mouth and he would open wide!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tac- I hope all is well also!

DD- thanx!...that''s exactly y I liked that pic lol. Photo sessions are too fun!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
happy belated moma's day! It was fun being a mommy for the first time, and sort of strange too! DH got me a card and flowers (from C of course) so that was nice. The day of we actually were running around between my mom's and MIL's house (some things never change), so C was tired out after all of it.

oh and was wondering if anyone has a sweaty little one? C gets so sweaty around her head--in the car seat (the biggest sweat zone!), in my arms, anything that covers up the back of her head. I try to keep her cool, but it seems futile. If she gets worked up (like she did in MIL's arms this wkend, hehe), she looks like she just took a shower!

NYC: oh lovvvve the pics! My fave is the last one with your neice b/c your little girl looks like he wants to eat her brother's head,hehe. They are so tiny and precious.

Tacori: hugs and more hugs. It'll all look better in a few days (whatever it is), but please feel free to vent away here in the meant time if you need to. God knows I do!

puffy: conggggrats! It's so different being on a mommy's thread with TTC'ers, you seemed so relaxed through it all and it was all find in the end thank goodness. Can't wait to be included on all the future updates! How's B doing?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I hope everything is ok with you. You know how to reach me if you need anything. Keep us posted.*hugs*

nyc, the twins are adorable!!! Love their outfits. They are so tiny and cute!!!

msb,
35.gif
great to see you!!!!!! Sounds like you''ve been through a lot, hope everything is going well. Can''t wait to see your K ring!!!

janine, I have 2 sweaty girls as well. I think it''s normal but I don''t really know!!! They both get hot heads and their hair gets soaked. I''m not sure if it even bothers them at all!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb...so nice for you to stop in. can''t wait to see all the pics..b-day party, cupcakes and the BK band. I''ve been thinking about doing one at some point for the birth of Jake so I''m very interested to see how yours turned out!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hope everyone had a great mother''s day!!!

NYCBK-- cuteness overload. Those onesies are adorable, but not as adorable as the the little peanuts in them.

Co stood unsupported for the first time this weekend
36.gif

(and DH was away and missed it--serves him right for being MIA on mother''s day
2.gif
)
It''s weird b/c he still doesn''t really pull up on anything but he started doing the ''star stand'' (legs go into a standing position but with hands out to support him on the ground) and he stood up holding onto something so we all started to clap and he took his hands away and clapped along with us---he tricked himself into standing alone
4.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Sorry for what you''re going through. You know, it''s situations like these when I feel so terrible for you (and I don''t even know what you''re going through) that makes me think "how can I feel so close to these people I don''t even know?" It also makes me wish there was a way that we could all share more (including pictures) without feeling like the whole world can read. Anyway, hope everything is better soon! Thoughts and prayers with you.

msb~Hey there! Sounds like you''ve been busy!

nyc~The twinks are so stinkin precious!!

janine~T is a sweater too. I just try and keep her as cool as possible and dress her in layers I can take off to cool her.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--hope all is well today. Thinking of you

Burk--i know how you feel--i know some PSers are facebook friends but i don''t know how they tracked each other down.
I have meeting all day at school today (meaning--i'' am playing on the compt. during ''planning time" so i''ll try to post some house stuff. My DH looked at your plan quickly and says it is very nice! We both like how the garage is to the side. I have a few other things to comment on, so i''ll post later today hopefully. Exciting that you get to dig soon!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Yea, don''t know how we''d track each other down for FB?? I look forward to hearing about your house stuff!!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mommies!!
9.gif
I hope you don't mind if I post a question to Neatfreak (and any other twin mommies!).

So I bought that twin book that you recommended (which also got great reviews on Amazon), and I finally had time to sit down and start reading it yesterday. I really like it so far, but I was very upset to learn that it specifies that I should have gained 15 pounds by this point in my pregnancy (I'm 13 weeks), but I have only gained one pound!! I just feel terrible! I feel like I have been eating a lot (mostly healthy stuff), but since I do have morning sickness it has probably limited my weight gain somewhat. Should I be concerned and start to eat as much as possible? Right now I am eating whenever I am the least bit hungry, so it's hard to imagine eating more. My diet is mostly whole grains, dairy, nuts, fruits/veggies with a moderate amount of meat (however, I have been getting protein in other ways such as cheese and eggs). I will try to have meat on a daily basis since she seems to be a big advocate of protein. As far as vitamins I have a prenatal, an extra folic acid pill, fish oil (omega 3s), and I have also started taking an additional calcium pill that provides about 30% of my RDA for calcium.

Do you have any advice? How much weight did you gain and how big were your babies? Thanks SO much for any help you can provide! I started my pregnancy at 5'1' and 110 pounds by the way.

ETA: At my NT scan last week they were measuring on time (3 days ahead actually), which was encouraging.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gals...

Well, I don''t think I''m ever going to catch up! I''ll have to try at some point.

Tacori, sorry to hear you are going through some personal issues. I hope it all gets sorted. I understand not wanting to share on a public forum...I wouldn''t want to either.

Jas12, hooray for Co! Funny how things like that just happen eh?

Burk, I think awhile back someone started a PS group on FB. The post was removed from here, but not before a lot of people went over. I never bothered to join, so I have no idea about the group, but that''s how I figure people are finding each other on FB.

nyc, great pics of the twins! So tiny and adorable.

msb, good to see you here!

janine, I got a sweaty headed one as well. Doesn''t seem to faze her.

OK, so I''ve caught up on one page. Bah.

Happy belated mother''s day...hope everyone had a good one.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, cute pics of Co! I missed them (still have to catch up on READING this thread.) He looks so intelligent!

MrsS, Jake is walking...I''d consider 10 steps a done deal, wouldn''t you say?

BTW, I remember reading your cute story on asking Jake "how big/tall are you" and him raising his arms up in the air. I loved that trick and taught to Amelia. I''m not usually too into tricks, but SO many people ask me how tall she is (which goes into what do you feed her, blah blah blah) that I use this all the time. I just simply turn to her and ask her how tall she is and she does the little trick. People laugh and that''s the end of that conversation.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peony The one bit of that book I think is crap is the eating sections! Your LO''s will get exactly what they need from you-just make sure to eat healthy (with splurges thrown in of course!), eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are full.

Everyone gains weight differently so as long as you are eating enough and not trying to diet or anything (which I know you aren''t doing) then you will be fine. I had bad MS too an believe me the weight gain caught up!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Forgot to say YAY for Co standing!!

Tgal~Ah...I missed that. Cute that A caught on to the "so big" trick. We don''t do much for "tricks" either but we taught that to T. How is your tooth?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 1:34:20 PM
Author: Burk
Jas12~Forgot to say YAY for Co standing!!

Tgal~Ah...I missed that. Cute that A caught on to the ''so big'' trick. We don''t do much for ''tricks'' either but we taught that to T. How is your tooth?
Teeth, well the root canal went fine (I go in for part two on Wed) but there are a lot of other issues that I won''t bother going into which are just a PITA. Just keeping my chin up for now.

Yeah, I did a obvious PS only name for FB but then thought better about creating a PS Mom group. While I''d love to share pics and stuff offline with you guys, I just think unmoderated type forums are a bad idea.
40.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
hi mommies! hope you all had a fabulous mother''s day!!!

burk: how did the open house go? i haven''t commented in your house thread but your plans look AMAZING - congrats!

puffy: congrats on the good news! wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy - you must be looking fwd to that ultrasound :)

loves2laugh: how are you? i remember our due dates were pretty close as well, so it makes sense that we''re having all the fun post-preggo issues together haha.. i''ll definitely let you know what the dermatologist says when i see him next week.

jas12: yes, isn''t it amazing how these hormones can wreak havoc on us? congrats on the blue box, how fun! those pics of cohen are too cute for words. i love his little bald head.

qtiekiki: interesting, glad to hear that this skin thing is something others have had happen to them too. makes me hopeful that it will go away soon! how was your gtg with snlee?

janine: how did it go? my hubby didn''t do too much either, we just went out to dinner. i can''t really complain though because he makes me breakfast every weekend, and i AM working on ordering my push present which i told him could serve as mother''s day and birthday all in one.

mrssalvo: how sweet of your hubby to drive all the way down!

nycbkgirl: sorry to hear about your MIL, that would drive me crazy too. feel free to vent all you like here, i know it always makes me feel better! adorable pics btw.

tacori: hope everything is ok.

msb: wow, sounds like you''ve been v busy - would love to see pics of your new bling.

tgal: yikes, root canals are NO fun. hope you get through the one on wed just fine.

sorry if i missed anyone - must go attend to a crying baby!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 1:27:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal

MrsS, Jake is walking...I'd consider 10 steps a done deal, wouldn't you say?

BTW, I remember reading your cute story on asking Jake 'how big/tall are you' and him raising his arms up in the air. I loved that trick and taught to Amelia. I'm not usually too into tricks, but SO many people ask me how tall she is (which goes into what do you feed her, blah blah blah) that I use this all the time. I just simply turn to her and ask her how tall she is and she does the little trick. People laugh and that's the end of that conversation.
1.gif

tgal, nah, I wouldn't say he's walking yet at all. he looks drunk when he takes the steps and doesn't move in a straight line
3.gif
I won't say he's walking until he's given up crawling and he still much prefers to crawl. he is getting closer though. he stands up all the time and will take a few steps but then is back down on the ground. I still think it will be a few more weeks until he's just walking.

that is too cute about Amelia doing the so big. I don't do all the tricks either but I do love that one
4.gif

re: keeping up on the thread. I commented the other day how there are just so many mommies here now (which is great) that I cannot keep up and address everyone all the time (not so great
40.gif
) so I decided to just comment when I can and try to do my best. I hope no one feels left out, I just usually have a few minutes at a time on PS to post a little but rarely have the time in one sitting to make a long post. I think most of here completely understand that though and I know I'm just happy when gals post updates even if they are about themselves and their kids. for some reason I find it way more interesting than the updates I get from my real life friends
41.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 YAY for Co standing unsupported!! you must be such a proud mama!!

tgal so CUTE that amelia does the how tall are you thing!!

burk did you get that card and GC from your DH as expected? how did the open house go?

nyc your twins are so freaking adorable!!

mrsb HI!!! how''s little K doing? i suspect he''s not so little anymore. and WOW, a cupcake business too??? good for you!!!

janine thanks!! B is doing great. he''s really taking to potty training, which is wonderful, and he''s just a walking toddler dictionary. he''s picked up on so much lately, including more colors, foods, counting, he''s just a super happy kid. how is C doing? no more separation anxiety?

tacori i hope you are doing ok today.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:00:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 5/11/2009 1:27:52 PM

MrsS, Jake is walking...I''d consider 10 steps a done deal, wouldn''t you say?

BTW, I remember reading your cute story on asking Jake ''how big/tall are you'' and him raising his arms up in the air. I loved that trick and taught to Amelia. I''m not usually too into tricks, but SO many people ask me how tall she is (which goes into what do you feed her, blah blah blah) that I use this all the time. I just simply turn to her and ask her how tall she is and she does the little trick. People laugh and that''s the end of that conversation.
1.gif

tgal, nah, I wouldn''t say he''s walking yet at all. he looks drunk when he takes the steps and doesn''t move in a straight line
3.gif
I won''t say he''s walking until he''s given up crawling and he still much prefers to crawl. he is getting closer though. he stands up all the time and will take a few steps but then is back down on the ground. I still think it will be a few more weeks until he''s just walking.

that is too cute about Amelia doing the so big. I don''t do all the tricks either but I do love that one
4.gif

re: keeping up on the thread. I commented the other day how there are just so many mommies here now (which is great) that I cannot keep up and address everyone all the time (not so great
40.gif
) so I decided to just comment when I can and try to do my best. I hope no one feels left out, I just usually have a few minutes at a time on PS to post a little but rarely have the time in one sitting to make a long post. I think most of here completely understand that though and I know I''m just happy when gals post updates even if they are about themselves and their kids. for some reason I find it way more interesting than the updates I get from my real life friends
41.gif
I wonder if it makes sense to split the thread again? Mommies 2008 and prior and then 2009-whatever year they would want to include? This thread won''t be very helpful if everyone feels too overwhelmed. The problem is I can''t keep up with more than one of these threads so I wouldn''t follow any other ones that are created.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
I hope all the mommies here had a wonderful Mother''s Day
35.gif

My weekend was busy and we''re taking my mom out tonight since she was out of town for Mother''s Day.

James crawled *backwards* all the way across the living room yesterday - so very cute. He''s also trying to pull himself from a sitting position whenever there''s something within his reach. I just can''t believe that he''s 10 months old already. I''m going to be planning a first birthday party soon
6.gif

Had a talk with my sitter and found out that she does not, in fact, charge double for two children. Sooooooo, DH and I are going to be TTC after James turns 1, as we had originally planned
9.gif
I am just so excited about it because I had basically accepted that we might not have any more children or have to wait several years so I am just so elated that we''ll be able to make it after all.
1.gif

I will have to try to catch up with everyone later.

Not sure how I feel about splitting up the thread - but it may be a good idea. I try to keep up but it''s not easy and now there are so many mommies posting. I would lurk for sure on other threads (like I do on the TTC and preggo) thread but probably only post on my "designated" thread. It''s something to think about.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:15:15 PM

I wonder if it makes sense to split the thread again? Mommies 2008 and prior and then 2009-whatever year they would want to include? This thread won''t be very helpful if everyone feels too overwhelmed. The problem is I can''t keep up with more than one of these threads so I wouldn''t follow any other ones that are created.

I was thinking about that too. I don''t want anyone to feel excluded but part of what made the preggo thread great was that there were other preggo''s going through it at the same time. then we switched to the mommy thread and all had newborns at the same time. now there are newborn mommies, one year old etc. and it''s just getting huge which is one of the reasons we re-opened the mommy thread and left the preggo thread, which turned out to be a good thing. I think it would be easier to keep up and then I could lurk on the other threads like I do on the preggo and ttc thread now and pop in now and then. I''d be for it if others are....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, if we do split it up, do we leave this one, or let the others start the new one? And how to make the split?

I''m for the split, even though I do love to support new moms because it''s just the toughest time. But if they feel it''s a place they can talk about themselves and we can come in to support, vs trying to keep up with the rest of us when they are sleep deprived, it might work out better. I just can''t keep up with this thread anymore...

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy
LOL....you''ve got little B scouting for you?
That''s too cute.
So care to share what mommy''s pes-shent is?
9.gif

Blen
You didn''t cook it and try it?
41.gif

Is that some sort of tradition -- burying the placenta.
And how awesome of your mom to clear out your yard for you.

Tacori
Hope all is well.
Glad to hear that T is doing great and talking in sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results