shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lili, I have to admit, I miss it A LOT! Maybe I''ll find me another little oec after the house remodeling is done.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lili--haha, you are so cute, i am still reading and since you are forcing me to respond to quetions, i guess i can''t lurk
2.gif
3.gif
My shingles pain is long gone (thank gawd) but i still have to scars!! they are uggg. Looks like a trail of braille on my skin that gets reddish when i am hot, so by the time i am finished my workout i look speckled. I may try microderm-abrasion if it isn''t cleared up by summer.
I''ll post some new pics for you--but i want some of J in return!!

Sbde--welcome! sorry no advice about the hair loss. I didn''t loose any hair that i noticed or have skin issues but i had a bunch of other hormonal stuff post-baby. Weird how all those hormones effect everyone so differently . Hope the derm can provide some feedback.

Quick question for mommies of kiddies with teeth. What are u using to clean them? I read different things on the net (just water with brush, baby-specific toothpaste, or a touch of regular paste??) I bought some baby-paste today b/c i was using a tiny smudge of regular stuff but someone told me not to, but then i read the ingredient list for the baby stuff and there doesn''t seem to be much of anything useful or healthful in there (sorbitol was the first ingredient
14.gif
)
Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone''s dentist gave them instructions....

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Just popping into say that my mom''s been incredibly helpful in the few hours she''s been here. This is the quietest evening that G has had in maybe two weeks -- he usually gets really fussy -- PLUS she has offered to paint the outside trim and plant flower beds to increase our curb appeal in case we decide to put the house on the market at some point (we''re thinking of relocating to be closer to our families). Oh, and she also made dinner.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12-my ped. says just a brush with water until 2. no toothpaste, so that is what I do with Jake.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Burk
You must be going crazy waiting for those plans. I hope they come soon. Good luck showing the house. From the pictures you posted in the old home thread, I am betting it will sell quickly. It may not be such a bad thing to have 2 bathrooms b/c you might sell it to a family with older kids who want their own bathrooms. I think it will help when you sell it.

Blen
I lost the weight in 3-4 months, but it took almost a year for my rib cage to go back.
Great news about George's hip ultrasound! You must be so relieved.

nycbk
Did you go to the dr. yet? Your ring sounds lovely- I can't wait for hand shots! I love my mil, she is really wonderful, but she drove me CRAZY when my kids were babies. I hear ya!

Tacori
Poor T! Those canines hurt. And shots too
39.gif
The poor girl!

Bobo
Sorry you are having a rough time. I hope B feels better soon. (((hugs))) What a lovely gift for your mom - you are so sweet.
5.gif

lili
Good news that J is on the mend. You must have been so worried! So glad she is feeling better
36.gif

QT
Wow! more teeth
9.gif
These kids just change and grow so quickly. I wish they stayed little longer
7.gif
What's the rush, ya know?
The kids have a variety of camps, and we will be spending some time on the Jersey Shore. How about you?

NF
I know - freckles in his ears - it is just the cutest. He reminds me of a modern day Opie.LOL
Sending lots of dust your way. Hope your house works out!

Curlygirl
Poor Lili with her shots. I hate when my kids get shots. (necessary evil I guess)
Yay for Lucy crawling. (Ahh, the plot thickens)
2.gif

SBDE
Thanks! and welcome to the mommy thread. Sorry to hear about your skin. I didn't experience that, just the hair loss. Good luck at your dr. app.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sam had his first grade open house today, and a chorus concert. I took pictures before hand, and I couldn''t believe this one. It is just like the last one I posted of them as babies. So serendipitous!
5.gif

concert01.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the sticky dust for the little bean. i guess i''ll find out tomorrow what''s going on.
at some point, i''ll try to get caught up. we have some OOT friends over so we''re trying to entertain and it''s keeping me pretty busy.
real quick...

iluv what an adorable pic!!

tacori i had to laugh at your story of T''s friend. just today when our friends were over, they didn''t take their shoes off, and he walked right over to them and said "shoes off please." haha. i laughed so hard. this was their first time meeting B and they thought he was well over 2 years.

curly YAY for lucy crawling!!! lily is growing up, but she sounds so darn adorable!

janine sounds like your little girl is doing well. have you tried a sippy with her?

lili how is your little girl doing?

blen glad to hear that your mom is being so helpful.

here''s something kinda funny...B''s going through another phase lately where he is calling everyone by their name and if he doesn''t know your name, he will call you "hey man" it''s pretty freaking funny. but i hope this is a phase and it won''t last too long, it;s getting kinda annoying already that he calls me by my first name, and he can''t even say it right at that. haha.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Puffy!
I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and hoping you get good news.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Blen
Glad George''s hip u/s went well.
Oh I feel you... most of my old clothes are snugged in the bust area. Jersey dresses would probably work for more time since it''s stretchy. I had a jersey dress that I bought for a wedding when I was 6 months pregnant, and I still wear it now.
9.gif

iluvcarats
I read that about washing keyboard in the dishwasher too. If it''s a cheapy keyboard, then I might try it. Otherwise, try wiping with cleaner products.

Burk
M is doing fine with the teeth since they already broke through. I think she was teething and has the cold at the same time, so that''s why she was super fussy.

curly
Cute story about Lily saying bye to the dr while sniffling.
Yay for Lucy crawling. That''s pretty early. So advanced.

sbde
Yeah DH is silly. I wasn''t expecting anything from him since he and his bf always say to me and his wife that we are not their mothers. But I am not going to say no now that he offered.
I think it''s normal b/c I got that. My forehead was itching and peeling; it''s better now, but occasionally it gets flaky again. Moisturizing didn''t help.
Good thing MIL doesn''t buy M any clothing gifts. hehe. My mom, on the other hand, does, but she buys M fancy clothes.

janine
I think C is going through a phase. M goes through phases of drinking 3oz. As long as she is pooping and peeing as usual, then she is fine.

Tacori
You still got me beat with one set of pro pics. M has none yet. Maybe for her 1 year, but it would be someone who does on location shoot. I don''t like the studio backdrop either.
Sorry about the bad night.
T and her play date sounds adorable.

Bobo
Thanks.
You are so sweet for giving your mom the OEC pendant.

Jas12
I had been brushing M''s teeth with water since her first two broke through. I''ve read that you are not supposed to use toothpaste until the baby/toddler knows how to spit it out. Our pedi hasn''t say anything about it. I was planning to ask him at the 12 months well visit b/c I read that you should start going to the dentist at 18 months.

iluvcarats
OMG that''s a great pic of Sam and Ava. Love their interaction. Sam is so handsome.
No plan for summer. I am kind of lacking in vacation time.
Jersey Shore sounds nice.

puffy
So funny Brady says "hey man".
I''ll be thinking of you tomorrow.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We'll be driving up to the Bay Area tomorrow. So in case I don't make it on here this weekend, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am a dork, but I am really excited about my first official Mother's Day. Even though M doesn't know it, it just feel special.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sunday is your day. Enjoy it.

mothers_day_balloon.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 1:12:46 AM
Author: qtiekiki
We''ll be driving up to the Bay Area tomorrow. So in case I don''t make it on here this weekend, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY MOTHER''S DAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am a dork, but I am really excited about my first official Mother''s Day. Even though M doesn''t know it, it just feel special.
Me too! DH tells me that I can sleep in (after feeding) and then we are going to go OUT for breakfast to the best greasy spoon! He wanted to cook me breakfast, but I said, "No way, lets get out of the house!"
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:13:03 PM
Author: Blenheim
Just popping into say that my mom''s been incredibly helpful in the few hours she''s been here. This is the quietest evening that G has had in maybe two weeks -- he usually gets really fussy -- PLUS she has offered to paint the outside trim and plant flower beds to increase our curb appeal in case we decide to put the house on the market at some point (we''re thinking of relocating to be closer to our families). Oh, and she also made dinner.
9.gif
That''s aweseom! My mom was so helful when she was here, she was a whirlwind taking care of everything around the house without being asked! I''m so glad your mom is helping you out. Is she gaga over George?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--thanks! I ''ll stick with water then. Do you brush more than once a day? How''s the weaning going after Jake''s illness? I am trying to drop the bedtime feeding by the end of the month. Then i''ll be down to 2. I can taste freedom
4.gif
2.gif

DD--oh a greasy spoon--sweet. Great idea. And i agree, getting out of the house is SO much nicer when you spend so much time at home, attached to a glider wearing sweats.

Charlie is away this week so he owes me HUGE for missing mom''s day. I think i am getting something from Tiffany (i saw the ''little blue order book'' on his pile of reading) Last year i got the ''mom'' necklace from Tiff, don''t know what it''ll be this year??
31.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
anyone else worried that their DH is going to drop the ball on a "first mother''s day"? I already dropped hints and he looked clueless! So i dropped a major one today, so that better take care of it. I just don''t want it to go by without mention, KWIM?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
puffy, thinking of you. Hope you get some good news today.

I am really excited about my first official Mother''s Day too!

janine, I know what you mean. My DH is NOT good with presents and celebrating special occasions. I just want to feel special and appreciated that day...is that too much to ask for? What big hint did you drop today?

DH and I took today off as a vacation day so we''re going to go out and enjoy some family time. Yay for a 3-day weekend!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 9:45:10 AM
Author: Jas12
MrsS--thanks! I 'll stick with water then. Do you brush more than once a day? How's the weaning going after Jake's illness? I am trying to drop the bedtime feeding by the end of the month. Then i'll be down to 2. I can taste freedom
4.gif
2.gif

Jas12, I just brush them once at day as part of the bedtime stuff. when he's bigger and can do it himself he'll have to brush 2x like the rest of us..hehe.. oh and I LOVE the blue box. I can't wait to hear what you get.

puffy, your little B sounds hilarious, but I know how those cute little things can get annoying real fast. my thoughts are with you today.

Janine, this is my sister's first mother's day and she is worried that her hubby will drop the ball too. She really wants something that is special to remember the day by since it's significant for her. I told her the best thing she can do is to tell him, in a nice fun way b/c he might be clueless and not do anything and then she'll just end up hurt.

iluv- that is such a CUTE picture of your kids...just so precious.

I hope all the mommies have a wonderful Mother's Day. My hubby actually drove 7 hours last night so he could be with us this weekend. He's been so busy with work (which is a good thing) that we weren't sure he'd be able to come home. So, him just being here is the best Mother's day present for me. I'm still saving for my eternity band so I hope he just contributes to that fund.

there are so many mommies on this thread now I just can't keep up and address everyone but I do read and don't want anyone to feel I'm intentionally leaving you out
1.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
glad I''m not the only one SNLEE, most DH''s on this thread seem to be amazing with this stuff! Well my "hint" was pretty blatant, so maybe more than a hint. I just said "oh it''s my first Mothers day" (we were discussing how to fit in visiting both our moms). He said something ilke "oh yea, she''s too little though".
emangry.gif

So then i said someone at work wished me happy mother''s day and said the hubby ususally does something since the baby''s too small. So just basically pretended it was a 3rd party, but really it was me saying it!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~We haven''t picked our cabinets. I was sick last weekend when we were supposed to go. We got a babysitter for tomorrow morning and are going to look and hopefully decide then.

lili~Uh yea, your closet is huge!! We just got our plans for our new house and my closet is 11 X 7and it had me all worried. I think it''ll be fine, though because we''ll have the closet organizers come and work their magic.

Jas12~We only brush once a day (at night) and with water only.. I was wondering, too, what others did so I''m glad you asked!
2.gif
When are you digging your hole? I''m so excited for you!!
36.gif

Blen~So glad your mom is helping out!

iluv~We got the plans last night and I had to put everything else on hold to inspect them properly!
3.gif
That pic is awesome....so much like the one you just posted. Love it!

puffy~I''ll be thinking of you guys today. Please let us know how it goes!! B sounds so stinking cute!!

QT~Glad M is doing great. Happy Mother''s Day to you too!!

janine~This isn''t my first Mother''s Day and DH did well last year, but I''m pretty sure with everything going on right now it''s not even on his radar and I''m sad about it. Sounds like you dropped a pretty big hint so hopefully he caught on!
2.gif

snlee~Three day weekend sounds awesome!! Enjoy your day with family!!

mrss~That''s so sweet your DH is driving to be with you and the family. Enjoy your weekend!

We got our plans last night and they''re *almost* perfect. We added an additional 2 feet onto the great room and and additional 2 feet onto our master but other than that they turned out great. We''ll be right under 2700 square feet on the first two levels and then the basement is set to finish and additional 1300.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt and snlee have a great time together at your GTG!!!! i so wish i could join you guys.

snlee enjoy your 3 day weekend. i hope you guys have a wonderful day today and it''s so sunny and nice out!

burk YAY for almost perfect house plans!! you must be so relieved.

mrsS that is so sweet that your hubby drove 7 hours to be with you guys!!

i guess i should be expecting a call from the doc today around 1ish, so we''ll know by then. i just wanted to thank all of you for your support through this.
have a wonderful mother''s day everyone!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~We are relieved. Now all we have to do is wait for our builder to bid it out and come to an agreement on pricing. Hoping the call from the doctor is a happy one!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
HI guys! Real quick, I just wanted to say

Puffy- It''s 123o and I know you are supposed to hear from the dr. soon. I have my fingers crossed and hope you hear good news. Your son B just cracks me up!! Hey man...

all the mommies! Happy mothers day! I hope your weekend is filled with special memories and recognition for the great job that you do ev ery day!!!! I am excited too but trying not to get bummed in case my dh doesn''t do anything. but i think he probly will.
ok t is fussy! byeeee

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12- forgot to say, I''ve got jake down to one nursing a day and it''s usually in the afternoon so it will be very easy to give up. I could really do it any day now. I honestly cannot believe I have gone 13 months
23.gif
it''s way longer than my other two. I think it''s mostly due to the convenience of it. Anyway, It probably will only be a few more days.

burk-your house sounds like it''s going to be fab.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
ok back. one handed this time.

mrs s. how sa-weeeeet of your dh to make the drive and even tho things are so busy! you are a lucky mommy. enjoy your time together!!!!
i am starting to love the convenience of bf too!!! i cant imagine all the packing washing etc that i was doing before doing both!!

burk im glad to hear u are so happy with the plans!!!! i will live vicariously thru u! is that ok? how is t? my t took a 3 hr morning nap this a.m. unheard of! i think he is teething or maybe coming down with something? one of the mommies from my group just emailed that they are both sick. ah well. we will see...

qt and snlee i hope u guys have an awesome gtg!!! where r u headed? diamond shopping? hehe. picking out some mothers day bling perhaps? we want deets and pics please if possible...

janine hi i hope your dh gets your hints and if not, please treat yuourself to something special if possible!! if he messes up i bet he wouldnt give u a hard time if u had a little splurge! maybe something for the new house if you canyt do any bling right now. i dont think i will get jewelry bc i already traded in my 1st ann present in nov for some diamond studs that i called a combo anni/pp/christmas gift!!!! i have to be patient. dh doesnt really get our love of the sparklies so much! in any event happy mothers day!!!!!!

sbde welcome(back,right?) thanks for the support. how is jelly? dont feel too bad bc i am lucky i have a nanny four 4 hours 3 days a week(since no family around) and with him going away it just so happens her other fam is on vacay so she can come every day!!! i mostly get freaked out about dealing withthe nights alone but knowimg i will get a brk in the am makes a biiiiig dif!
sorry to hear about your skin. my hair is falling out too! lots. shoot!!!!!

tacori tessa is a hoot. glad she did well at the pedi. bye dr. hehe. sorry about the early wake up call. next time u can call me cauuse chances are i am up. my niece (in nj) is super smart too and she was talking up a storm, but even better, she comments on diamond rings and tells her mom"i would like one of those! can u say future ps-er????????

hi bobo!!! how r u?

well i have to run! try to catch uplater but, what mrs s said earlier- ditto me please. ty.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo
That should be fine....part of the thrill is the hunt
5.gif

How''s little B doing? His checkup is coming up soon no?
Does he look like he''s beefing up a bit?

Jas12
Hehe...glad to hear that you are pain free.
Boo about the trail of braille though. Hope they clear up soon.
Oo....new pictures of your handsome boy genius
5.gif

Did he have his 1 yr checkup yet? What are his stat?

Re: brushing baby teeth. We use the baby toothpaste that supposedly is safe to swallow.
I never did read the ingredients, but now that you mentioned it, I wonder if I should just use water.
We brushed her teeth 2x a day -- morning and night.

Ooo.....can''t wait to see what''s in the little blue box.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Blen
Awww...that''s great that your mom is such a big help!
It''s nice to have someone there to offload some of your chores and LO
2.gif
so that you get some time to yourself.

iluvcarats
What a great picture!
Like I said earlier, they were adorable before and still adorable now!
You should put those 2 pictures side by side.
So what is Ava doing behind Sam this time? I know she was hugging him before :D

puffy
LOL....B made me laugh. So does he call his grandparents "hey man" since I''m sure he doesn''t know their names
9.gif

Anyway, hoping you get good news from the Dr.
J is better and I dare to say she''s 100% herself -- running everywhere and getting into everything.
Still have her ear infections though, but I think that too is getting better.

QT
Oooo....GTG w/ Snlee and D!
You two better take some pictures to share w/ us.
Enjoy your trip!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to announce my unbearable frustration with MIL at this point! I don''t know what to do already...I overheard her complaining to dh this morning about how I overfed jon last nite and he had harder poop bc of it....he was extra hungry at the midnight feeding...they usually eat 60cc max (that''s what the bottle max is ...2oz)....but he was still hungry so I gave him another 30cc..so he ate 3oz total...doc says they can eat as much as they want until he (doc) sets a limit...and my doc is amazing!.....I flipped! I total dh off and set her straight...she was scared lol!....she talks to him like she''s the law and knows everything, meanwhile im going by what my doc says to do! So she''s like oh oh ok I didn''t know etc! Then she will go home and call everyone telling them how great she is and bad we are...
Then she says jon has some pimples on his face and smthg red under arm..like a hint I should wash better!....kids get these things and its perfectly normal!

I duno what to do...I will blow up eventually and I don''t want that....there is enough tension btwn the families (we haven''t spoken to my in laws in 2 yrs but decided not to leave them out of grandkids lives)....and now here I am still hating them and just in a bad situation.

Sorry for the rant..had to vent a little...will catch up with everyone later...

Puffy- waiting and thinkin of ya!

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
That's great that hubby will be home for mother's day.
What's this about an eternity band? Do tell.
3.gif

And that's great that you are down to 1 feeding.
You can literally taste freedom at the tip of your tongue.
Me, on the other hand, is far from getting there.
We sort of regressed w/ the weaning when she got sick over the past week,
so we are back to square 1.

Burk
Wow, that's one big house.
Do you mind putting up the plans?
I always like looking at house layouts.
11x7 is plenty big space for a closet
5.gif

And when you have the closet people work their magic -- it's going to be more than enough room for your stuff.
You'll need to give us a sneak peek of that closet when it's done.
Heck...we want to see the whole house when it's done
9.gif

--------------
Happy Mother's Day to all the cool PS mommies!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 5:18:18 PM
Author: lili
Blen

Awww...that''s great that your mom is such a big help!

It''s nice to have someone there to offload some of your chores and LO
2.gif
so that you get some time to yourself.

iluvcarats

What a great picture!

Like I said earlier, they were adorable before and still adorable now!

You should put those 2 pictures side by side.

So what is Ava doing behind Sam this time? I know she was hugging him before :D

puffy

LOL....B made me laugh. So does he call his grandparents ''hey man'' since I''m sure he doesn''t know their names
9.gif

Anyway, hoping you get good news from the Dr.

J is better and I dare to say she''s 100% herself -- running everywhere and getting into everything.

Still have her ear infections though, but I think that too is getting better.

QT

Oooo....GTG w/ Snlee and D!

You two better take some pictures to share w/ us.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks Lili!
She''s actually going in for a kiss. I just love them
30.gif

concertkiss01.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That picture is priceless!!
They just melt my heart.
How sweeeeet, cute, and adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results