shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
TGal, I literally laughed out loud at the pic of Amelia "in disguise" in her Bumbo! That is just adorable!!!!! And your nanny stocked up on cleaning supplies???? Girl, you got it good!
36.gif

Tacori, it seems so early for Tessa to be dropping a nap. But sometimes these things are out of our control. Lily was never on a normal nap schedule due to daycare--they let the infants sleep on demand. Some days she took one nap, some days it was 3 and there was never any rhyme or reason. But now that she''s in a toddler room, it''s very regimented and they only get one nap/day but it lasts about 2 hours. I now have to try to mimic that on weekends so she can be on a real schedule. Maybe this is just a phase for T. How does she seem after being awake for so many hours? Do you think she "needs" another nap?

Burk, can''t wait to see what Tayva is going to be for Halloween!! I''m so excited for all the cute babies in costume!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I don''t think she ever took 3 solid naps. I had her on two, 2 hour naps and that was great for me. I wish if she insisted on one it would be 3 hours. That''s enough time for me to get stuff done. Ame''s face looks familiar! Remember when you teased me about T''s early eating pics?!? Messy! And it does sound like you won the nanny jackpot. CLEANING TOO?!?! So jealous.

Curly, I think it seems early too? I thought that didn''t happen until after 1 (usually). It would be great if you could match Lily''s nap with the new baby. In a perfect world huh?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I totally remember Tessa''s pics. I was pretty excited to get some goofy ones of my own....

I don''t know how you all get stuff done while the kid naps....I actually...uh...nap when Amelia naps.

Yeah, I''m happy about the cleaning. I thought she might do some dusting, but so far she has cleaned my bathroom and cleaned all the nasty grouty crap that I thought was permanent, my stove, and my fridge. In return, I''ve bought her lunch, and a couple of chicken breasts to take home to dinner for her family. Hm. Not really a fair trade, but I guess I AM paying her too.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 1:52:32 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Alison, that is a great idea. Have no idea how that kind of stuff works but I am sure Ali and Andrey would understand your idea.
Thanks, T! Yah, I have no idea how it works, either, but I''m hoping there is a way to work it. I don''t know if it would be possible to isolate the pics or if it would mean the entire thread, but whatever it would take would be a fine solution.

I have to confess, it stems from a selfishness on my part. Hubby and I aren''t having children ourselves, but I do so enjoy hearing about all of yours here and seeing them grow. When I''m having a crabby day at work, oogling everyone''s cute bambino pictures is a sure-fire way to lift my spirits. It''s just amazing to watch how they grow!

We all come to know each other so well here that it would be a shame to have to stop sharing these delightful pictures, so I think that''s worthy of spending effort to find a way to perhaps let everyone share with comfort.....as you do with IRL friends.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I like to nap during the morning nap (b/c I require lots of sleep) and do stuff during the afternoon (so don''t worry I am lazy too
3.gif
). Bathroom cleaning? Maybe I should go back to work and hire a super nanny like you! I HATE deep bathroom cleaning.

Alj, yeah...better yet if we could make it a "ideal rock" or "cut rock" that could see the kiddo pics. Obviously someone could just make up info to get a long in. I don''t blame you. PS has some cute babies/kids! If I am depressed or upset all I have to do is look at T and I feel so much better. It''s like a weight lifts when you see some adorable baby.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, forgot to say on the days with one nap she doesn''t seem to need it but she does go to bed earlier. So it is a cycle b/c then she wakes up earlier, needs 2 naps. Then stays up later and sleeps in so she only needs one nap the next day. Very confusing.

BTW, am I the only child that likes her ALONE TIME?!? I mean she is only 10 months but she gets cranky and then will hang out in her crib for awhile. Strange right?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--lol- that is one scrumptious Amelia face! Good idea trying out the fruit to see if it was just an aversion to cereal. Now you can just wait a bit longer and try again in a week or two. We are all feeding our kiddies earlier than the recommended time anyway.

I take the lazy award. I rarely ever nap when Co naps (god knows i''ve tried, but i usually only sleep for 10 mins or so) but i still don''t clean. I hate cleaning. I use nap time for PS, dinner prep, showering, eating. If i can get any of those things accomplished in the 40 min window i am happy.

Tacori--Co sometimes does the 2 nap one day (early bed time) 3 naps the next routine. He did that to me just yesterday-annoying.
I hope Tessa at least gives u a nice long afternoon stretch.

lili

Ideal_Rock
msb
Thanks.
And yes, that bear onesie is from carter.
It''s a handmedown from my nephew -- got to love the unisex colors.
Probably doesn''t matter since I''ll dress her in boys clothes too
41.gif

I love that monitor. Very sensitive and has absolute zero interface with other devices.
It picks up noise from even when she turns in bed.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I gotta put my kid to bed soon...she feel asleep in the swing during her detox time, which is rare.

But, real quick...Jas, you are a lifesaver! I love this forum....you can learn and teach without even trying! I put Amelia in her bouncy chair for her solid feeding today and it was a MIRACLE! Once she didn''t have to focus on sitting in the bumbo, she was totally eager to eat! She opened her mouth like a little bird and ate more than all of her previous solid feedings combined! I was so excited! Can you tell by all the exclamation points? Hehehe.

I was envious of all the cute feeding pics so I was so happy that Amelia was interested once she could relax and focus. So I''ll stay on cereal for another week or so and maybe start again with flavored stuff over the weekend. Hooray! Thanks Jas!!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Yay Tgal!! That''s great! Glad i could ''help''
2.gif

Actually, now that u mention it i guess i put Cohen in the bouncy for that reason--the bumbo is too much like exercise right now and a highchair obvioulsy won''t work yet-- didn''t really think about contributing to ''better eating'', but of course it makes sense.

''little bird'' mouth is so cute eh?
25.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 9:35:31 PM
Author: Jas12
Yay Tgal!! That''s great! Glad i could ''help''
2.gif

Actually, now that u mention it i guess i put Cohen in the bouncy for that reason--the bumbo is too much like exercise right now and a highchair obvioulsy won''t work yet-- didn''t really think about contributing to ''better eating'', but of course it makes sense.

''little bird'' mouth is so cute eh?
25.gif
Very cute! I was happy to see it...
1.gif

I guess another reason to share photos....you never know what ideas you can pick up from them!

lili

Ideal_Rock
LOL, OMG TGal!!
That has got to be THE cutest villain face I''ve seen.
It so reminds me of the masked hero in the movie V for Vendetta.

Hehe, was going to tell you that I''ve feed J in the bouncer too.
I know there''s no way in h*ll that she''ll let me squeeze her into a bumbo.
Plus I like the fact that the bouncer is reclined so that she''s not sitting straight up and then having to look up to swallow.
Glad to hear that Amelia is eating better with the bouncer
5.gif

And I must say, can I have the number of your nanny? :razz:
She''s a godsend...plus you are only using half time right? ;-)

Jas12
Those are such cute pictures of Co.
I''ve never seen a baby that happy with a bowl of cereal.
Wished J is half as happy with her cereal
41.gif

Like I said, she''s not too much into it now as she was in the first few weeks.
She''s learned to do the raspberry spit too....so if I try to force her to take a spoonful, it''ll be spittles of cereal on me
38.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Hehe, thanks. She just look like she''s got a headful of hair....but in reality, she''s pretty bald in the back.
That''s why you don''t see me posting pictures of her back
5.gif

That''s great that you had a date night with DH.
I think the last date night we had was probably 7 months ago.
Yeah, I did''t feel like going to a movie during my third trimester.
Sitting just gets to be a pain in the a$$ and the frequent bathroom run is not a way to enjoy a movie.
Plus I''m a homebody anyway

How did you like the Dark Night?
My hubby was really impressed with that movie.
We''ll probably rent when it come out so that we can have our psuedo date night.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Curly
Thanks.
I was playing with this photo editor...and thought I put the emphasis on the clips since that's what everyone wants to see :razz:
So are you planning on getting the clips for your girls?

That's great that Lily is coming around with the new daycare!!
36.gif
36.gif

That's so cute with her saying bye-byes to her little friends
5.gif

You are getting so close....
It's countdown time huh?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha...bouncer conspiracy! Was I the only dolt trying to feed my child her first solid feedings in a bumbo?
3.gif

lili, I''m actually trying to find her work the other half of the week. But she wants to stay somewhere in the South Bay. Aren''t you in OC?

And thanks all for the compliments on my sinister cutie. Hehehe.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 1:37:32 PM
Author: Jas12
oh, forgot to mention
see Cohen''s little bracelet? It''s baltic amber and it is supposed to help with teething. The women i bought it from own''s a ''green baby'' boutique and swears that they worked (she used them with 3 kids and never had to used tylenol etc.) and has heard similar claims from many other moms--who knows, worth a try.
Here''s a link to some info if anyone is interested

linky

Would this help with the drooling and constant hand sucking?
41.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:07:57 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Ha...bouncer conspiracy! Was I the only dolt trying to feed my child her first solid feedings in a bumbo?
3.gif

lili, I''m actually trying to find her work the other half of the week. But she wants to stay somewhere in the South Bay. Aren''t you in OC?

I think I''m pretty close to you.
I''m in the south bay area.

I need to work it out with my supervisor first to see if I can work half time at time.
How many days does she have free right now?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 12:14:08 AM
Author: lili

Date: 9/10/2008 12:07:57 AM
Author: TravelingGal
3.gif

I think I''m pretty close to you.
I''m in the south bay area.

I need to work it out with my supervisor first to see if I can work half time at time.
How many days does she have free right now?
Wow, I had no idea we lived near each other.

She has 3 days free right now...Wed-Fri.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw lili, the Britax sale is rumored to start Sept 15. I think I have decided to get the marathon. The Boulevard looked too over stuffed to me. Since we have side airbags, I think the marathon will be OK and I think she will like it better but I have yet to take her to try it out. Might do that this week.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Hi mommies~ sorry I've been MIA, work is busy, little B is sick (fever with red little dots rash on his body) and that means no sleep for us. Just want to share a photo of little B's 6 months studio pix.

ETA: TGal, your nanny sounds amazing...can I ask how much is her rate?

083008ray.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:19:05 AM
Author: Bobo ^__*
Hi mommies~ sorry I've been MIA, work is busy, little B is sick (fever with red little dots rash on his body) and that means no sleep for us. Just want to share a photo of little B's 6 months studio pix.

ETA: TGal, your nanny sounds amazing...can I ask how much is her rate?
That is a great photo Bobo.

No, I don't mind. She is $12 an hour, which is on the lower end of what seems to be requested on craigslist.

ETA, read too fast...sorry to hear he is sick Bobo. He is just so darn cute in that photo. You always have the best "props!"

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I fed T in her bumbo from day 1. She has always had good head control though. We have the roundabout (but haven''t used it yet). I think we will put it in the inlaw''s car this weekend since they are staying for a week. That way we are more flexible with cars.

Bobo, sorry he has been sick but that is one of the cutest pictures EVER!

Lili, how funny if you used the same nanny as TGal!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Thanks.
Did you order some more clips too like TGal over there? :)

Ooo...how fun.
I can't wait to see what princess Tayva is going to be?
I still haven't decide what to get for J yet.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal I don''t have a bumbo, bouncer or highchair and just fed Jake sitting on my lap like in the pic so you''ve still got me beat. My mom is bringing up my highchair which is still in storage in Nashville next weekend. i''m hoping Jake will be able to eat in it. it reclines slightly so he *should* be okay. I think he''ll enjoy just sitting at the table with us while we eat, even if he''s playing with a toy or something.

yay for a nanny that is great with Amelia and cleans. i wish I could find someone I could pay $12/hour just to come and clean for me. Alas, cleaning help just isn''t in our budget right now.

So I bought Jake a handled sippy cup and put water in it so he could start tying to drink on his own. So far he basically just mouths the cup but he did manage to actually get a few sips so I''m hoping we are on our way to using a sippy cup.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
Sippy cups...so we can start now?
I was thinking about just foregoing the bottle and let the center try the sippy cup w/ J.

Let me know how Jake takes to the sippy cup.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo
As usual, you''ve got some amazing pictures of your little guy.
Love the "reading the mag" shot!

Hope little B feels better soon.
Is it some sort of rash?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
Forgot to say that I love the shot of you feeding Co.
It''s so cute how both Co and your mouth are exactly alike
5.gif

And you looked great.
Are those your pre-preggo clothes?
I''m ashamed to say I''m still wearing my nursing tanks
41.gif

Tacori
Hehe, it would be funny if I used the same nanny as TGal.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, I can''t imagine how nutty everything must be for you with this move. Pretty amazing and talented to feed Jake on your lap!

Tacori, Tessa is just talented.
2.gif
Amelia has good head control but is too busy looking around the room for me to hit the target.
20.gif

lili, we are going to start the sippy cup thing soon too, I think. I may try to teach her to drink out of a cup regular style in a month or so.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 8:27:03 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
TGal, I fed T in her bumbo from day 1. She has always had good head control though. We have the roundabout (but haven''t used it yet). I think we will put it in the inlaw''s car this weekend since they are staying for a week. That way we are more flexible with cars.

Bobo, sorry he has been sick but that is one of the cutest pictures EVER!

Lili, how funny if you used the same nanny as TGal!
Tac, how is MIL??

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal and Jas12
Yup, J is sitting though she doesn''t sit long since she''s always on the go.
Would you believe that she''s crawling already?
32.gif

Haven''t mastered it yet, but she''s got the mechanics of it down.
Hand forward, leg forward, then other hand and leg.
She''s really moving when she''s on the bed though.
Gave my heart a jump yesterday when I walk in to find her at the end of my bed when she woke up from her short nap.
I heard her coo and went in and there she was just looking over the edge!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results