shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 9:37:56 PM
Author: lili
That''s great Tacori.
Life is so much easier when you know what they want
5.gif

Hehe, that is so cute that Tessa discover gravity.
And it''s great that she''s not making you pick it up for her.
I know some kids throw things and want their parents to pick them up for them so that they can throw them again.

Anyway, enjoy the in-laws visit
5.gif
I hope it goes ok Tacori , maybe it will be better as you are in your own home this time. Hugs to you Momma!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei. Hopefully b/c I am on *my* turf
16.gif
I am REALLY going to try not to let things bother me. She already told me she plans to get up with her in the morning so I can sleep in...oh, fastest way to MY heart! Sleep!
24.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Real quick, as my in-laws will be here any minute to watch T while I get my hair colored.

Tacori~Hope things go well this weekend. I think I would be a-okay with sleeping in!
2.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2008 10:35:13 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks Lorelei. Hopefully b/c I am on *my* turf
16.gif
I am REALLY going to try not to let things bother me. She already told me she plans to get up with her in the morning so I can sleep in...oh, fastest way to MY heart! Sleep!
24.gif
I really hope it does go well and that she is supportive and helpful, yet doesn't try to take over again!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hello ladies!! its been one busy weekend for me! i moved in with my ''rents for the weekend (hubby was traveling and i thought..eh...why not?)....they had an AMAZING time playing with little k and i got to sleep in and do stuff and just ''chill''...sigh!! it was so nice :) )

Food: progressing very slowly with little K..but we''re getting somewhere...hes eating rice (normal rice) with yogurt and some pureed veggies just fine...he''s been eating watermelon, cupcakes and peaches too...so im happy about the progress..tomorrow we''re making him rice with veggies and just gonna mash the veggies with a fork and see how that goes...i''ve got a family trip coming up in october and i so wish he''d eat more solids to make my life easier! :)

Jas: Good to have u over here :) ur boys are adorable and cant wait to see more pics...and no, i think u had every rite to laugh!! when i went for my 6 week check and my OB handed me some ''mini-pills'' i sort of gave her the ''uve got to be kidding'' look...i would have much rather she gave me some sleeping pills instead...
9.gif

Lili: oh no!! im so glad to hear J is doing okay..dont worry, we''ve all been there!! i turned around for a split second after placing k in his high chair before i tied him in and thud! he was on the floor..eek..never felt so scared in my life!!! i think i cried harder than he did..hahah..

MrsM: im so sorry Amelia went thru that..it must have been quite a scare..i agree with everyone else...each baby is different and reacts to certain things differently...there is nothing better than a mother''s instinct.. do wat is best for u and ur baby and dont worry if other ppl are doing things differently...if it works for u and u have a healthy/happy baby, thats all that matters at the end of the day..

MrsS: eeck! sorry Jake had a fall too...but such a cutie grinning at his sister...

Tacori: Good luck with the in-laws!!

Burk: yay for T falling asleep on her own!! i wish little K would do that..he USED to when he was younger..as he started growing up he became more demanding when he was a kid..hehehe...

Jas12: hope u have a good trip!! how''s Co''s sleeping habit now??

date nite: u''ve tempted me ladies to go out on a date!!! hubby comes back tonite from his travels...planning to see when my sis is free and ask her to baby sit for a few hours so we can go out for a nice meal :)..will keep u posted on how that goes...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
hair clips - I love them. They look so cute on all the girls (Ms K, Amelia and J). Make me want to get some for M, but I''ll wait til she has more hair. Tgal, you are right about the butterfly clip - really do look like the butterfly just landed on Amelia''s head. lili, don''t know what your family are thinking, but J looks adorable with the clips.

msb700 - yay for K progressing with food. So glad he didn''t have an allergic reaction the MMR shot.

MrsS - Jake is such a big boy now. I remember the pic when he was smaller than the teddy. The pic with his BFF doggie is so precious. Did you use a cup with Jake just for fun? I''ve read that if BF babies don''t take bottles, then the cup can be used instead. I was curious how it works. Does he actually sip? or use his tongue?

Tgal - Your nanny sounds awesome. It probably is harder to have to hear Amelia, but at least you can sneak a peek. I am not looking forward to going back to work because I just don''t want to leave her. Love Amelia''s disguise.
9.gif

curly - It''s great that Lily is doing better at daycare.

Jas12 - Co looks so happy and ready for his meal. You look great. Interesting about the amber bracelet. Let me know how it''s working for you.

Burk - so what did you get as Tayva''s costume? I want to dress M up, but DH thinks it''s a waste of money. We did see some halloween footed pj that we like that''s like $8, so we might get that for her.

Tacori - Seem like T has a schedule/routine down with her naps and bedtime, so at least you know what to expect, right? Funny that T like her "ME" time. She is an independent girl. Yay for Tessa standing up. So exciting.

Bobo - It''s so cute that little B is so focus on the magazine. Hope little B''s rash is better already.

lili - Wow J has really great mobile skills. Can''t believe she is crawling already. You always manage get all these cool action shoots. Aww so sorry J fell off the bed. I am sure it hurts you more than her; she won''t even remember it. I''m with you on not know all the sayings even after living in US for a long time. It probably has to do with the facts that our parents don''t use those sayings.

Mrs Mitchell - I am sorry about the daytime nap. It''s scary that her lips turned blue. Hope you find something that would work for you.

ella - Thanks for the interesting article on sippy cups and speech development. I need to forward it to my SIL because she still lets our 4 yrs old nephew use a bottle to drink milk, but I think it''s more of a dental issue for our nephew.

Jackie - Welcome over! Your twins will gain weights in no time. M has chubby cheeks, double chin, and chubby arms and thighs, compared to when she was born.

My cousin is getting married on Sunday, so we will leaving M with MIL for around 4 hrs. I am not looking forward to leaving her at home. I think I am having separation anxiety.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Really quick post here- sorry, I tore a muscle yesterday and I can sit up for a few minutes at a time. Thank you all for the support-I do appreciate it. Am giving up on the naps for now, maybe she''ll settle into them at some point, but if not then so be it.

As for what do I use for birth control? Well, I just had a baby. My physical appearance ought to do it!
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
ladies....ladies...ladies....i spoke way too soon about the egg allergy and MMR shot
39.gif

i got a call from my mom yesterday saying that as she was putting little K for his nap she noticed that he was scratching his face and body quite a bit..she switched on the lamp and saw that his whole face and body had this unbelievable rash (bumpy skin and red all over)...she said it wasn''t too bad so i asked her to give him allergy medicine and said that this was due to the MMR shot (as i recall the nurse had told me some babies get a red rash around their neck/face after a while from getting the shot and plus i recall someone here (sorry forgot who!) told me that their kid had gone thru something similar a week after the shot)..so i wasn''t too worried..

i get another call from her and she was telling me that from how badly it was itching him and how much scratching he was doing, he actually bled in a few places (the back of his neck, around his eyes and his chest!!!)...and that the redness and small pimple like bumps were growing..i asked her to immediately take him to the emergency room and that id leave work and meet her there..

so i leave the office and someone had blocked me in!! he had a little note on his windshield with his number...so i called him THIRTY FREAKING TIMES and he doesnt pick up his fone...i called mom to say that im stuck and i just hear my son screaming like ive never heard him scream before in the background...i shut the fone and start bawling my eyes out coz im so worried and im SO FRUSTRATED at this idiot who is blocking me in AND not picking up his fone..on try 2927323 he picks up and all i do is SCREAM into the fone "MOVE YOUR CAR!!! MOVE YOUR CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" and i shut the fone in his face..he finally shows up and i just get out of the car and start yelling at the top of my lungs "MY SON IS IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND YOU’RE BLOCKING ME IN !!! WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS PARKING !! JUST COZ U DONT WANT TO WALK A FEW METERS U BLOCK PPL IN!! MOVE UR CAR!!!!"...the guy was totally shocked and moved his car....anyhoo, he sends me a text a few minutes later apologizing and saying he had gone into a meeting and forgot his cell phone outside and he hopes my son is doing okay..of course by then i had half a mind to call him back and continue screaming, but decided to wait until i saw my son...

i got to the hospital and it just broke my heart when i saw him
7.gif
his face was all scratched up and puffy and red and yet when he saw me he gave me this BIIIIG grin and hugged me!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
...we finally get a hold of his doc and he checks him and says that the allergy is subsiding and that we just need to continue on the course of the medicine we were giving him for at least 14 days and apply anti-histamines and another cream he prescribed..my son was happy and being his usual giggly self, but oh man..seeing those scratches and realizing how much it must have itched him for it to get that way
7.gif
....the doc said that this was traces from the eggs we''ve given him ''prior'' to the MMR shot (they asked us to test his reaction by giving him a few bites of eggs a few days before the shot) and as well from the MMR which was expected...however, coz it was combined WITH his original egg allergy thats why it hit him so bad, but that its normal and though it doesnt look very pleasant he''ll recover just fine from it..he went on to say that had we NOT given him the shot and he did get measles it would be a million times worse than wat he is going thru now...

on the way home and after calming down i decided to text back the idiot who blocked me in...i pretty much said that i apologize for raising my voice as that is not something i normally do but i was very emotional and frustrated coz i was blocked in..i went on to say that we all have problems finding a parking spot, but we park far away and walk the distance to the building and it is very inconsiderate to block ppl especially since u never know wat sort of emergency might arise...told him he needs to treat ppl the way he expects to be treated and hopefully this was a lesson he learned from..he replied saying that yes, he did learn a lesson and promises to never block anybody again...ha ha...at least he realized his mistake and apologized...

my son is doing much better this morning (though the scratched/dried blood is still visible), but the puffiness and pimple like bumps have almost disappeared...sigh….that was quite a shock and very disturbing..im happy and glad that my mom reacted as quickly as she did and had him in the car even while I was telling her to take him to the emergency room..sigh….i am making sure that kid isn’t around eggs EVER again at least until hes three years old..hrmph!!

(sorry for the very long post ...)

lili

Ideal_Rock
msb
*hugs* to you and little K.
I can only imagine the frustration you had with the idiot who double parked you.
It''s a good thing your quick acting mom was taking of K.

I''m glad to hear that little K is feeling better.

Question: What lead to you suspect that K is allergic to eggs at the beginning?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Is Tessa going to be a little devil for Halloween?

QT
Thanks. I think you should get the clips for Meena.
They work on babies with little to almost no hair.
It's amazing how well those clips actually stay on :)
My family didn't like it initially because I didn't clip it right.
I clipped up all her bangs and it made her face looked big.

It's tough leaving your baby that first time.
For me, it wasn't too bad since it was a much needed break from J :razz:
I've been with her 24/7 for that 4 months and this kid just don't go to sleep in the afternoon.
So you can see why I wasn't too heart broken about leaving her with my sister for a couple of hours
9.gif

So how was she with your MIL?

------
Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 4:08:42 AM
Author: lili
msb

*hugs* to you and little K.

I can only imagine the frustration you had with the idiot who double parked you.

It's a good thing your quick acting mom was taking of K.

I'm glad to hear that little K is feeling better.

Question: What lead to you suspect that K is allergic to eggs at the beginning?

Thanks....i was introducing new 'solids' and egg was one of them..and he immediately got a reaction so i realized he had an allergy..

ETA: Just saw ur new avatar!! so cute

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday all

Had a good trip to T.O --nice dinner out, visit with my dad (who works in another provice but flew into the city for the weekend) and got some new clothing which was nice (bought everything in pre-baby size--still tight but i am hoping that''ll be motivation to loose the last bit of weight!).
Cohen slept really well the past few nights. I actually got 2 nights in a row where i had a 5 hour stretch of sleep
36.gif
. It has been sooooo long since i''ve had that much sleep. I hope (pray, plead) that it was not a fluke and he''s turing over a new leaf.

MSB--what a crazy story. You poor thing, That sounded SO stressful! I was an egg-allergy baby as well. I have so many baby pics of my face all red and irritated b/c i had so many allergies and my parent''s didn''t know the cause. Egg was a big one. When i was 11 months old i swiped some merigne off a lemon pie and my throat started to close. I was rushed to the ER and was fine but my mom said it was the scariest thing ever. Strangely enough i outgrew that severe allergy but kept the rest. I did not get a lot of shots b/c of the egg element and luckily i did not contract any of those diseases either. I hope K outgrows his allergy too.

gotta get my house in order--back to routine this week

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

msb700, *Hug* to both you and K...I hope he gets better soon.

lili, love ur new avatar!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
MSB: I am sooo sorry. What a horrifying experience. I am so glad your bunny is ok! I''d have come unglued on that guy from sheer mom-freakiness. LOL. I can just picture you yelling at him. Har har har!

Lili; OMG..terrifying. I''ve never had the nerve to leave either of my kids asleep on anything other than the floor or their beds. Jake flipped over at 10 days and scared the bejesus out of me then. He was on my SILs lap & we were sitting there & arched his back & just FLIPPED right off her lap & towards the floor. She caught him, but I was like...OOOH MYYYYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWWWWD. I don''t trust these monkeys, they are wicked mobile even early.

Speaking of child injuries...I almost killed dh y''day.

Dh is putting a door up in the basement to our guest room (keep the damn cat & her hairballs out of my guest room!) and he left the door & jamb kit leaning up against the bed.

And then he came upstairs to make himself a sandwich.

And left Jake downstairs in the room with the door.

I''m upstairs working & hear Jake cry ... I see dh making himself (and not Jake...what the hell) a peanut butter sandwich & I run into our basement (thinking Steve is watching Jake all this time since the 2 of them have been together all morning) and find Jake PINNED underneath the door.

I was so hot. I came this close to smacking dh with the first large blunt object I could find, Jake''s knees & ankles got pinned & when I pulled the door off him, they were all red & one looked REALLY weird, like the kneecap was jacked up or something.

Turns out Jake just has knobby knees, but I couldn''t get him to stand up or anything for a few minutes, so I had no idea the extent of his injuries. But then I smelled his diaper (yes...pting is not going well) and told him I needed to change him & he screamed no & jumped up & ran across the room. So...he was ok.

I was SO MAD. That is my BABY. I looked Steve dead in they eye and told him, we only have ONE Jake and we can''t replace him.

grrrr.....

Mrs. M: on CIO...I''ve done it, but in all honesty, my kids never cried that hard or put up that much of a fuss. I never did the CIO thing until D was 8 months and Jake was 9 months. I only had to do it once or twice and they only cried a little while the first 2 times. Even now if D busts a fuss when I put her down its only for a minute or two.

You might just have a more challenging sleeper is all. Its real easy for someone like me to say "Oh just do CIO" and be cavalier about it, but I truly think I have no idea what a *real* sleep challenge is, so my advice means bupkus for you. Truly, the farther along I get in this whole parenting thing, the more I think you have to find what works for you, whatever that is. There is no one fix for each kid/parent team. And that''s what it is, a team. So find what works, roll with it, and just keep adjusting until you find something that you can live with and feel good about.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
msb, what a terrible experience. I hope Little K is doing much better now with the meds. I can''t even imagine the panic you must have felt to have been blocked in when your child NEEDED you. I have to say the part of your story that really got to me was K''s reaction when he saw you. It''s pretty amazing that even in the midst of being so upset and itchy and in pain, mommy comes in and makes everything better. I know that even now as I''m pushing 40, I still want my mom around when I''m feeling crappy! Sending lots of good healing vibes to your little man.

Bobo, LOVE the photos of little B!!! He is just tooooooo cute!

lili, so sorry about J''s fall but these things happen. Don''t beat yourself up too much--it won''t be the last time she falls!

Mrs M, what a scary story. FWIW, I could never do CIO with Lily. Before she was born, I was sure that I would be able to do it but my girl has some set of lungs on her and it''s just too horrible to listen to. So yes, at 16 months she still gets held to go to sleep. We don''t have to rock her or anything but she will lay on the couch with me or DH and fall asleep within a few minutes and then we transfer her to the crib. It''s not an ideal situation but DH is so attached to her and says he doesn''t care! This is probably the only times she''ll actually want to be with us so we''re taking advantage of it!!! Although I will probably try some other methods with #2--there''s no way we can do this with 2 kids. The interesting thing about Lily is that she will go to sleep on her own, on a mat at daycare but she won''t do it at home. The girl is a little manipulator already!

Tacori, hope things are going well with the inlaws! Keep us posted when you can.

I know I''m missing people but just wanted to check in and hope everyone is doing well. My 38 week preggo self is physically done with this pregnancy but so not ready mentally!!!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
hiya ladies.

OMG msb, my heart was pounding reading your story. I am SO sorry you and your little prince (and your mom) had to go through that! I don''t know what I would have done in your situation...just sit and cry maybe. Ugh. I am so glad her is doing better, and yes, keep eggs away from him!

Diver, jeepers...I''d be fuming too if I were you. Men! Sheesh. Did make me laugh though when you said how Jake bolted away just fine when you wanted to change his diaper. I hope that got at least a relieved smile out of you.

And it''s so true. While I am not opposed to CIO, Amelia is in no way a screamer so her crying doesn''t really faze me. That and we have really never had to do CIO with her because of a combination of luck and work. Makes me worried about having another because I am not sure if we''ll be so lucky. So I''m really the last one to give CIO advice to anyone.

Tacori, hope things are going well with the inlaws!

QT, I think that separation anxiety is normal. The first time I left her at home with my own husband, I felt freaked out.

Jas, yay for your 5 hour stretch of sleep. I hope hope HOPE that this is going to be a consistent thing for you. I thought of you over the weekend because on Friday night TGuy and I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning just having a nice ole chat. I was DYING in the morning and thought...jeepers, how did we all do it when sleep was non existent? I remember WISHING I could just get three hours of sleep straight (in the beginning, I only had 1hr of sleep between feedings and felt like I was in the twilight zone, but I could still function). I was just dead all day Saturday and went to bed when she did at 7, and minus a quick wake up when TGuy come home at midnight, I slept until 7 the next day. 12 hours and I was still tired...and absolutely mortified that I could SAY I felt tired after that much sleep. It''s weird what your body forgets...

Curly, wow, 38 weeks. I look forward to all your tales about being a mommy of TWO!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tgal: Yeah, Jake''s diaper dash totally made me laugh. He saved his father''s life with that maneuver. Kids. Essentially, we both cracked up when he did that & were totally relieved. It was like..yup...he''s Ok!

CIO, I don''t think I could do it if my baby threw up or got completely hysterical. I can only put up with a certain level of crying. If I think they are truly upset, then I feel compelled to comfort them. They are only babies/children for crying out loud. (no pun intended) I want to hold them when they cry, I want to make them feel better. like I said before, I think its all about striking a balance.

So..I started D on milk last week, even though she won''t be 1 till Friday, but I was like...eh what the hell I wasn''t in the mood to buy more formula, and also if she has problems with it I can discuss it at her 1 year appt instead of having to go in again later. Well, it stopped the poor dear up. I ran out of prunes 2 days ago, so she''s constipated again. As soon as she''s up from her nap we have to go buy prunes STAT! LOL. I''ll have to ask her ped about that. But prunes & fruit fix her right up, so I guess I just need to be more diligent about her fruit intake.

bbl~

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thanks msb and Bobo
5.gif

That''s her 5 month pix.

Jas12
Yay for the 5 hour stretch sleep!
Sounds like Co is slowly getting there to sleeping through the night.
Give him a few more weeks until he''s 6months.
That seems to be the magic age when they tend to sleep through the night huh?

MrsS
Just thought I let you know that I finally tried your Red Velvet Cake recipe.
It was so yummy!!! but very bad for my waistline.
I had 4 cupcakes (not mini either) in a day
38.gif

Curly
You are so close!!
Can''t wait to meet your second little one
5.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver
Oh no...hope Daner isn''t backed up too bad.
I didn''t know that fresh milk can do that.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thank u ladies for your sympathies/wishes..K is doing okay...he still has his bouts and starts scratching like a mad man and its so heart breaking coz i try to hold his hands down so he doesnt cause any more damage, but then he sort of puts his face on my chest (or floor or chair or anything close by) and starts moving it from side to side to scratch it!!
39.gif

i''ve been diligent with applying the creams and giving him his medication and just hoping it helps relieve the pain he is in..i try to play with him or sing to him or do ANYTHING with him to help take his mind off it..its just really sad because he cant really communicate that much and he cant tell me wat hes feeling
7.gif
..putting him to sleep last nite was a bit tiring coz he was dozing off and kept scratching and id pull his hands down again and hed get frustrated..i guess it will just take its time till the allergy clears completely...

poor guy..looks like he was in a fite with a cat..hahaha...my little tough guy with scratches all over his face :)

Jas12: Welcome back! Yay for Co''s sleeping habits! hopefully those hours will just continue to increasing and soon enuf he''ll be sleeping thru the nite..

Diver: OH MY GOODNESS!!! i would have just slapped DH silly for doing that!! oh my!! im SOOOOOO relieved to hear that Jake is okay...sigh...that must have been quite a scare!! tsk tsk tsk on DH for doing that!!
38.gif

Curly: wow!! i can''t believe youre so close!!!!! yayyyy!! can''t wait to meet ur little munchkin...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
msb~I am so sorry for what poor Little K (and you) had to go through. How scary. Hugs to you!

Diver~Men. That''s all I can say. Seriously, they had to have been made with less common sense than women. Sorry for the scare.

Jas12~Glad you got some sleep. Hope it continues!

Curly~38 weeks! Oh my, gonna have us a new baby around here real soon!

I''ve been in depression mode lately. Just feeling so darn guilty for being at work and not being home with T. She''s been going through a weird phase (still waking once at night for the cry, pick up, back down) and not napping great. I think her top teeth may be coming in, as she has a running nose also but her belly has been bad again, too, so who knows. I just wish I could be home with her more. I am wishing I had done part time, but more time off!
7.gif
Sorry to pop in and be such a downer. I''ll be back with a better attitude!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--sorry u are feeling down, can u switch to part time in the new semester? Do you hate being at work all day? Just curious, how did u feel about going back to work in the months leading up to it.? My mat leave is up in march and right now i am not sure how i feel about returning to work. We need the money but i have a feeling i may react like you so i am thinking about half-time options. Sucks that most moms don''t have the luxury of making a real choice-free from fancial constraints and/or a sense of obligation.

Tgal--ya, i don''t know how our bodies manage on so little sleep--twilight zone for sure. I actually operate in that zone most days still
8.gif
. Sleeping has definetly improved over the past week, but still hav ea loong ways to go.
I can''t believe that u stayed up till 3 talking to Tguy--man, that must have been one good conversation
3.gif
Nothing but Co can keep me up that late
5.gif

Just visited a friend who got engaged in NYC this weekend--bought her ring on 5th. Very different looking cushion cut (something patented) with mico-pave halo and band. Like a good PSer i wanted details, but she didn''t know
40.gif
. I wanted her to do some research, oh well, not for everyone. The only thing she did know is that it had an EGL cert (hope they didn''t grade up!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb- I''m glad little K is alright. how scary!!

lili- so glad you liked the red velvet cake recipe. I only make it 2-3 times a year for special occasions and it is definitely not good for anyone''s waistline..but it sure is yummy.

jas12-i''m so glad cohen is sleeping better. Jake did a few nights of 4-5 stretches but last night was another "up every 1-1/2 hour" nights. I''m so tired today and no time for a nap. of course jake is now
24.gif

burk-it''s okay to vent about feeling down. i think all working mom''s feel the same way.
i hope things get easier for you though.

diver-i would have killed my hubby too. so glad Jake is alright, too funny about him running from the diaper change.

curly- 38 weeks?? wow, your pregnancy has flown by. well, i''m sure it hasn''t for you but I can''t believe you are ready to have baby #2...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo, I can barely believe it myself!!! I''m totally NOT ready for #2 but I guess she''ll be here soon! Just had an appointment and I''m 2-3 cm dilated already.
23.gif
I know I can walk around like this for a while so I''m fine with it but I really hope she doesn''t come early. I''m not prepared!!! I know Jake''s whole story and I''m sure you''ve told us before but I can''t remember about your girls. Were they on time? The doctor told me the 2nd one is usually like the 1st so that would be one day early in my case but she said to be ready at any time! I think I''m still in shock and denial about this entire pregnancy!!! At times it seemed to drag on but when I really think about it now, it FLEW by. I guess because I''ve just been soooo busy--I know you can relate! I''m sure I''ll be crying to you for tips on how to handle 2 of them so close together!!

msb, so glad K is on the mend. Hopefully he''ll be 100% better in no time.

Burk, it''s ok to feel what you''re feeling. It is really hard to leave your little one but you have to remind yourself that everything you do is for her. That''s what gets me through the day. I''m working to make sure my children have everything they need and that they have a better life than I had--not that mine is bad but I just want them to have more. I don''t plan to work forever but for now, I''ll make the sacrifice if it helps them in the future. I do hope Tayva is just teething and that it passes quickly. Motrin is your friend!! Our pediatrician said to use it for general fussiness and not worry about "overdosing".

TGal, I''m so impressed that you and TGuy stayed up all night talking! I don''t know when the last time was that DH and I did that--I don''t think we have that much to talk about!!!!
2.gif
We actually did have a date night last Thursday and went out to dinner at our fave Moroccan place. Lily''s old daycare teacher came over to babysit and we just enjoyed being out of the house for 2 hours. I even indulged in some wine and I have no regrets! But we were home by 9:30--I can''t imagine staying up till 3:30!!!!

diver, Lily''s cry/scream is loud enough to wake the dead and/or convince our neighbors that we are doing something really bad to her so CIO is just not an option in our household!!! If we actually lived in a HOUSE I might be more willing to try it out a few more times but apartment life just isn''t conducive to having a child screaming bloody murder for long periods of time! Regarding D''s constipation, if you don''t have prunes I''ve found that pears work just as well. Yay for no more formula!! I''ve just started stockpiling some again...

Jas12, hope Co is sleeping better. It''s so frustrating that just when you think you''ve figured it out, they switch it up again!!! These kids know how to drive us crazy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb, hope you and K are doing better! How scary! I hope he outgrows his allergies.

Jas12, wonderful news about Co sleeping better! Good for you. He sounds like Tessa. One day things will just click.

diver, poor Jake! Another scary story. Glad he didn''t get hurt.

curly, hope you are feeling good!!!

oh, GTG. BBL!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, that is good to know about the milk. Good thing T likes prunes! Did you start mixing it half formula or just start with milk? Does she still get it in a bottle?

Burk, sorry you are going through a hard time. Hopefully once T adjusts you will feel better about everything. I wish there was something I could do to help you feel better.

MrsS, hope you are settling in!

Gotta go. I will be back to my old posting ways soon. Miss ya girls!!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori or any mommies who know - where can I get the BabySleep Sound CD? Is there a store I can go to and get it? I am using your new mom survival kit idea for our friend who is due next week, so I was hoping I can get it somewhere. Thanks

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I started by mixing her formula with milk over a couple days increasing the amount of milk until we were out of formula. Poor thing. She had soft poo today. But man!!! She was a farting machine all day. So loud too! I''m sure the sales lady in Whitehouse Blackmarket thought it was me. I think I''ll just give her prunes or pears every day until she adapts. And beans. Girl loves her black beans/pinto beans/whitebeans/kidney beans. I have about 40 cans of beans in my cupboard because they went on sale for .30 and I couldn''t resist. LOL.

Hey, I lost 2.5 this week doing 30day shred. DO IT! I have a feeling it will nix the baby weight...going good!!!!!!

I think today is the last day of Albertsons having Lean Cuisines on sale for $1.88. Limit is 10. I went to 2 different stores, and the first one gave me a coupon for $1.50 off 10, so I took that (and a double coupon--I am SUCH a dork) and got another 10 for $16.88. I so rule.

All about getting the baby weight off.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock

msb and Diver, so sorry you guys had such horrible scares! I hope you're both over the fright now, it cannot have been good! msb, I would have raised more than my voice to the guy who blocked the car in. I was blocked in my driveway on my due date by some a$$hole who was too idle to walk a few extra yards to the beach (such as it is here). He looked like he'd mend his ways after big crazy pregnant lady came after him...

MrsSalvo, you didn't make me feel bad at all - please don't think that! I asked for advice and got it, just didn't work for Amelia but it probably works fine for plenty others. As Diver said, every baby is different and it's a team approach! Thanks to everyone for the support, it was much appreciated. Amelia is just fine. I wont let her CIO again, even though it was for a total of about 2.5minutes. Determined little baby!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Hi mommies! I think this is my first time on this thread. I can’t catch up with all 70 pages, so I have just skimmed the last 5 pages looking at pics of your cuties. I miss seeing all the cute baby & toddler pics on the preggo thread.

Tgal, Amelia is so cute in her “disguise.”

Bobo, I love little B with his magazine and newsboy cap.

Lili, J is so adorable in her new pics. Looks like a girl on the go.

MrsS, too cute! The look on Jake’s face at the idea of sitting is priceless.

I hope you don’t mind me posting a question over here, but I figure the mommies can answer this one better than the first-time preggos. I am at 36 weeks and need to pack a hospital bag, but I am not sure what to take. This is my list so far:

General/entertainment:

Admission forms and insurance card
Digital camera
Laptop, DVDs and CDs
Cell phone
Books
Snacks

For labor:

Birth ball (weighted Pilates ball)
Massage oil
Wash cloths
Hard candies
1-2 pillows

Personal care items:

Hand lotion
Face wash & moisturizer
Toothbrush, toothpaste & floss
Hairbrush – will I need shampoo? (Not sure whether showers are available.)
Shower gel?
Contact supplies & glasses
Hair clips and pony tail holders
Chapstick
Maxipads, hemi pads, stool softeners – do I bring my own, or does the hospital provide these items if they are needed?

Clothing:

Nursing nightgown or PJs – I guess a gown would make it easier for doctors and nurses to do check-ups, but PJ pants give more coverage
Robe?
Slippers & socks
Comfy outfit for going home
Nursing bra or tanks
Nursing pads
Underwear

Change of clothes for DH

For baby:

Carseat
Going-home outfit, including hat, socks and mittens
Diapers – just for the trip home, or do I need to supply them for the days we are in the hospital?
1-2 receiving blankets

Do I need baby outfits (sleepers, Ts, etc) for all the days in the hospital (could be 1-4 depending on how L&D goes), or does the hospital dress her?

For a going home outfit, did most of you go with something simple like a footed sleeper, or something a little fancier (for the photo op)? I have a cute outfit with a pink knit sweater, pants and hat with embroidered flowers, but maybe I should save that for another occasion.

Am I missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results