shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 7:26:18 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Guess what?!?!? Tessa stood on her own!!!!!
36.gif
9.gif
6.gif
Okay, it was only for *maybe* 15 seconds and then she realized what was going on (probably when I started screaming and clapping like a crazy woman) and she grabbed back on the sofa. And DH mentioned (so glad he got to see it too!) that she was pooping at the time (we smelled it after the excitement was over) so we think she was concentrating on that so didn''t realize WHAT she was doing. I am still celebrating!
2.gif
Woo hoo...that is awesome Tacori! How hard didja party for that one?

(btw, sorry all that I am quoting and multiple posting today...I am feeling a little lazy...I don''t know why, but I am exhausted.)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oooh....MrsM I am so sorry! That had to be scary. Like the others have said, all babies are different. I tried to CIO with T before she started daycare, I went in at the 15 minute mark (I had gone in every five minutes to pat, give binky back, ect) and T had one leg through the rails of her crib. That was all I could take. I picked her up and started crying with her. About one week into daycare she all of a sudden just decided she would rather put herself to sleep. Now we just lay her down in her crib and she puts herself to sleep. If CIO doesn''t work for you, you''ll find something that will and who knows, maybe some day she''ll just decide she''d rather soothe herself to sleep like T did!! Hang in there! We''re all here for support!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:32:31 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 9/11/2008 2:07:59 PM

Author: Mrs Mitchell

OMG! What the heck am I doing wrong? I put Amelia in her crib at the first signs of tiredness, got her settled and left. She cried, so I went back and comforted her without picking her up. So far so good. I left again. Wiithin three minutes she wasn''t just crying, she was shrieking, a serious ''help me now I''m in pain'' cry. I picked her up to see what was wrong and she stopped immediately. She actually chuckled. So back she went. Few minutes later she was shrieking again. This time I sat with her after making sure there wasn''t a real problem. She cried like that until she vomited then she actually stopped breathing for a few moments, her lips turned blue.

I have never been so scared. She got hysterical so quickly. How do I get past that? DH admitted that she''s done that every time he''s tried CIO when I''ve been out.

MrsM, I was reading the posts today but haven''t gotten a chance to post today but wanted to respond once you posted this.

You''re not doing anything wrong, IMHO. Truly truly, all babies are different.

You say she is happy...perhaps then she is getting enough sleep at night and is OK in the day? Ask her ped what he thinks.

We as moms try to be helpful and give advice (I know I do). It can be CIO, putting her down at the first signs of tiredness, rock her, don''t let her CIO, etc. It''s hard not to feel like something is wrong when you read about others here doing things so differently and their babies doing things differently. But no matter what the method, it seems everyone''s babies are doing fine. Some sleep better than others. Some crawl faster than others. The list goes on and on.

I wish I had advice on how to get past the hysterical stage. I don''t. I can only say as a mom that you will figure it out...somehow, we all do. Hang in there...your daughter is a doll and you are doing great with her!!!

mrsM-I just wanted to say I totally agree with the others who said all babies are different and what works is different. so a big ditto to tgal. I hope I didn''t make you feel like you were doing something wrong. I didn''t let any of my kids CIO until they were 6 months. I don''t let jake CIO either. there are times when I put him in his crib and he cries a bit but it''s more of a singsong cry and not a hystarical freak out cry. anyway, I hope my advice didn''t come across as condeming, because that was not my intention at all
1.gif

oh and just to show all kids are different. I did CIO with my oldest who was my worst sleeper. She just started sleeping (not waking up at all) though the night last spring and she is 6!! I only did a little bit of CIO with Lily, she was always a better sleeper and just didn''t really need to to it. plus, i didn''t want her crying and waking up my oldest so I went to her a lot quicker and she''s been sleeping though the night since she was a baby. so go figure......i think many of us just are tying to give ideas of what worked for us but not at all passing judgement if it doesn''t work for you.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
You''ll have to come back w/ lots of picture.
I sailed 5 times (4 with Celebrity and 1 with Royal Carribean).
DH researched and liked what he read about Celebrity, so we booked our first to Western Carribean on the Century.
However, we got redirected to the Eastern Carribean itinerary because of the hurricanes.
And because of the hurricanes, we weren''t able to dock 2 of the four ports on the eastern Carribean.
So Celebrity gave us $75 board credit and 50% off the next cruise.
We used the 50% a year later and went on the Alaskan cruise aboard the Mercury.
Loved it and planned a family trip with DH''s family, which was the cruise that got cancelled.
We all got a free cruise from it, so we booked the Alaskan cruise again the following year aboard the newer ship -- Infinity.
Love, love this ship.....very well designed w/ lots of amenities.
Then we booked our last hoorah cruise when I was preggo on board the Millenium on the Ultimate Carribean.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 1:04:57 PM
Author: Jas12

Ella--I would love to meet your friend
1.gif
. We have SO much in commmon. So neat. Actually i read ''Pushed'' not too long ago. Similar message to The Business of Being Born (questions why the US has the most medicalized births and yet one of the highest infant and maternal death rates in all developed nations). It was well written. And strangely enough i seriously considered midwifery and actually went through the application process after my 5th year of university. At that point i just could not commit to 4 more years of university (and couldn''t afford it) but about a month ago i actually contacted a friend who is graduating from a midwifery program this year, jsut to get her thoughts and insight into the profession, and i may entertain the idea again.! Ask your friend if she likes the show ''house of babies''? It''s one of my faves
41.gif
Actually, she''s got a website where she''s selling her handknit (well, crocheted) soakers and longies -- woolen diaper covers and leggings. They''re really cute and the "Kate" and "Gabe" designs shown were made for, well, Katelyn and Gabe :) I have photos of them in them, I''ll try to post them later. Anyhow the name of the company is Uli''s Woolies, so Google it and contact her if you want! Just tell her you know G & K''s mommy :)

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ella--i justed checked out her website--those longies look so perfect for bitterly cold northern canada winters. I''ll keep an eye on her website (do u know when she thinks it''ll be ready for online orders?) and I''ll also mention it to a friend who runs a ''green baby'' type boutique and is always on the lookout for suppliers for unique products. . So cute that she named some of her designs after the twins.

Meaning to ask, how goes the hormonal battle? This was your last month on that nasty BC pill, correct?

Lili--aren''t cruises a great way to lesiure travel? I have been on two carnival (carribean cruises) and one costa (meddi.) cruise and i luv them. Our honeymoon cruise was supossed to be aboard the Millenium so i was bummed we didn''t get to see that ship. This free cruise is aboard to Century. What did you think? Was it refurbished when u cruised (it was completely re-done not too long ago) Any tips? The one nice thing about the big reimbursement is that we got one of the suites (deck, bathroom with tub, sitting room, personal buttler!) I am most happy about the tub part b/c i was worried about bathing Co in those showers for 12 days and you know those shallow cruise sinks--they won''t accomodate a baby!
When do you think you''ll go away again? You said you are a homebody but you''ve cruised a lot
2.gif

Got my packing out of the way. How can someone so small command SO much stuff!? This is the first trip i need to bring cereal, bibs, bowl/spoon, chair etc. in addition to all the other gear.
My sister is trying to drag me out for a ''girl''s night'' on Saturday/ The Toronto Film Festival is on and i think she wants to go to some swank afterparty that her model friends have been invited to and celebrity watch--she is so city-chic and i am so not so she is trying to lure me out with the promise that she''ll do my hair and make-up and find me something to wear. Part of me thinks it would be nice to get out, part of me is thinking it is WAY too much effort and the couch is more inviting....

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Finally hauled my tush over here just to report that at 15 days old, one of my babies looks like Edward G. Robinson and the other looks like Jack Benny.

I am looking forward to when they get a little chubbier so I don''t have to start to wonder about their paternity. Or maternity, for that matter.

Is it wrong that when I went for my 2 week scar-check at the OB/Gyn that I laughed in her face when she told me we''d discuss birth control in a month, but until then, no nookie?

Keep the baby pictures and stories coming!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
Luv cruising. Hotel, Dinners, and Entertainment all rolled into one
5.gif

Especially convenient when you have a kid, don''t you think?
I don''t know when we''ll go cruising again.
We are not prepared to pay 3/4 of the fare of a small infant :razz:

The century is one of the older and smaller ship, so the amenities (like spa and pools are a bit lacking).
So are the eating stations. Because it is a smaller ship, they can''t have too many different food stations like the
Millenium or Infinity where they have a pizza, sushi, ethnic food stations on top of their usual buffet dining area.
Too bad you weren''t able to book on board the Millenium. Now that ship is loaded.
But hey, it''s a free cruise right? The century is great if you haven''t already seen the bigger ships.
Service is great no matter which ship you are on, and I think that''s the main thing.
Food is awesome -- French cuisine but on the healthier side (not too rich).

When are you going again?
Late October?
Can''t wait to see pix of you, Charlie and Co are dressed up for formal nights
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:40:46 PM
Author: jas
Finally hauled my tush over here just to report that at 15 days old, one of my babies looks like Edward G. Robinson and the other looks like Jack Benny.

I am looking forward to when they get a little chubbier so I don''t have to start to wonder about their paternity. Or maternity, for that matter.

Is it wrong that when I went for my 2 week scar-check at the OB/Gyn that I laughed in her face when she told me we''d discuss birth control in a month, but until then, no nookie?

Keep the baby pictures and stories coming!
Nope, not wrong. I totally snorted when my doc told me something similar. I don''t think he was used to his ladylike Korean patients snorting.

Don''t worry....they get chubby fast. My girl looks like a porker in most pics. They seem to peak at 5-6 months, then start slimming down when they start moving around. I don''t mind my chubber girl...makes for two moon faces when we take pics together.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I think I get the "Worsr Mommy of the Year" award.

So last night after I had put J down for the night,
I went downstair to eat my dinner.
Not one minute after I got there, I heard a thud.
Ran upstair to find J crying on the floor
32.gif

She''d rolled off our 3 ft high bed in her sleep.

Bad bad mom, I know.
How can I be that negligent and especially when I knew how mobile she is.
I guess I didn''t think she''d be a playful sleeper.

Poor girl....cried her little heart out.
Fortunately it was more of a startled cry instead of a hurt cry.
She''s back to her old self this morning -- being mischievous as ever.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 11:53:53 PM
Don''t worry....they get chubby fast. My girl looks like a porker in most pics. They seem to peak at 5-6 months, then start slimming down when they start moving around. I don''t mind my chubber girl...makes for two moon faces when we take pics together.

Let''s see those moon faces since it is mooncake festival this weekend
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 11:59:11 PM
Author: lili
Ok, I think I get the ''Worsr Mommy of the Year'' award.

So last night after I had put J down for the night,
I went downstair to eat my dinner.
Not one minute after I got there, I heard a thud.
Ran upstair to find J crying on the floor
32.gif

She''d rolled off our 3 ft high bed in her sleep.

Bad bad mom, I know.
How can I be that negligent and especially when I knew how mobile she is.
I guess I didn''t think she''d be a playful sleeper.

Poor girl....cried her little heart out.
Fortunately it was more of a startled cry instead of a hurt cry.
She''s back to her old self this morning -- being mischievous as ever.
Oh, I think it takes WAAAAY more than that to win that award. Sorry Charlie!
2.gif

Glad to hear she is OK. I think almost every baby has a fall at some point. My friend''s kid fell of their very high bed as well. They''re pretty resilient little suckers, hehehe.

When are you going back to work lili? And what is your plan for J? I just put up an ad on craigslist for my nanny...I want to make sure she stays with me and I am helping to find her work. (by the way, this no no pressure for you to check her out, as I am not sure I want her going over to your place and telling you stories about how dirty my place is! LOL.)

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Jas, when I went back to my OB six weeks after and she asked me what kind of birth control I want to be on, I just looked at her with a I haven''t slept since the kid was born face and said "it''s ok, we rather sleep then do anything else".

37.gif

lili, don''t beat yourself up. Every baby go thru the fell off from their parent''s bed stage...Happy moon cake day to you!
18.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--

Ha, I was thinking that your nanny may tell you stories about how dirty my place is AND how bad J is
41.gif

I''m technically back at work, just not physically or mentally for that matter.
I was able to work it out with my supervisor to do work part-time at home until end of september,
at which time i''ll be putting J in the daycare next to work. I''ve registered her in the daycare full-time before she was even born.
So i''m obligated to leave her in there for at least a month, which means that if i were to use your nanny, i won''t need her until end of october
at the earliest. Also, whether or not my supervisor will continue to let me work home from half-time is another issue that I need to discuss w/ him.

So, don''t worry about me.
Like you say, it''s first come first serve.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
How cute that Co is already being "mommified".
I don''t think J is.
About the only time that she''s excited to see me is when she''s hungry, else anyone can carry her.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 12:28:04 AM
2.gif

Did I miss something Jas12?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw lili, I''m glad little J is okay. my six year old has been carrying Jake around and just sets him down on a chair/couch or floor. well, since he''s been rolling I''ve told her time and time again she must put him down on the floor b/c I''ve caught her more than once placing Jake on the couch and then walks away. I just knew one of the these times she''d do it and he''d roll off. well, a few days ago I was on the phone and jake was on the floor crying. My daughter asked if she could pick him up. I said yes but you have to stay on the flooor. Well about 60 seconds later I hear Jake crying and my daughter is holding him and sure enough, she had set him on the couch and stepped away and off he went. our couch is less than 2 feet high and he landed on carpet so he was fine. He stopped crying almost as soon as I took him. So, I''m trying to talk to my daughter explaining why she needs to listen to me and obey and how Jake could get really hurt etc. and he''s sitting there with the biggest smile on his face, grinning at her. I told him he''s going to have to do a better job of faking the hurt so she''d feel guilty a little bit longer.

jackiejas-my ob said the same thing and I gave the same snort. of couse I know several folks with Irish twins so it happens
3.gif
How are you adjusting to mommyhood. How are you feeling?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lili--century did a $55 million reno in 2006, (new spa, new restarants, sushi bar, all new rooms etc.) so i hope some of the disadvantages of a smaller ship were remedied with the upgrades. Like u said, either way it is free so i don''t mind (but 4 others are travelling with us so i hope it is nice for them!). I was on the Carnival Liberty (so big!) but it was almost too busy for me. I''ve heard Celebrity is a bit more upscale.
We leave Oct. 18th, and yes, i''ll post some pics''
Glad J is okay--i think it''s worse for the parents than the child.
And i am not sure what Charlie incident Tgal is referring too (there are a couple charlies on here--Tgal, were u referring to mine? Can''t remember what i''ve posted
3.gif

Jas--no need for BC in the first month (or 2 or 3...)--that''s for sure.
Give me a dark room, a comfy bed, a glass of red wine and no distractions....ahhhh, the perfect romantic conditions for.... sleep!
5.gif

sleep is the new sex
Happy to see u on this thread. Your boyz are beautiful and you look fantasatic in that pic u posted not long ago.

have a good weekend all....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 4:21:39 AM

Date: 9/12/2008 12:28:04 AM
2.gif

Did I miss something Jas12?
Real quick....

This doesn''t refer to Jas 12...I think it comes from those old tuna commercials with Charlie Tuna. Just a saying...

Be back after my weekly conference call (or something during as I get to sit here on mute!)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 10:46:41 AM

Real quick....
This doesn''t refer to Jas 12...I think it comes from those old tuna commercials with Charlie Tuna. Just a saying...
Be back after my weekly conference call (or something during as I get to sit here on mute!)

Ahhh...I see.
I''m not too familiar with some of the sayings still
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 12:21:51 PM

Date: 9/12/2008 10:46:41 AM

Real quick....

Ahhh...I see.
I''m not too familiar with some of the sayings still
5.gif
Does that mean you are not originally from the US lili? If so, when did you come here? I''m an "alien" myself...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 4:18:24 AM
TGal--

Ha, I was thinking that your nanny may tell you stories about how dirty my place is AND how bad J is
41.gif

I''m technically back at work, just not physically or mentally for that matter.
I was able to work it out with my supervisor to do work part-time at home until end of september,
at which time i''ll be putting J in the daycare next to work. I''ve registered her in the daycare full-time before she was even born.
So i''m obligated to leave her in there for at least a month, which means that if i were to use your nanny, i won''t need her until end of october
at the earliest. Also, whether or not my supervisor will continue to let me work home from half-time is another issue that I need to discuss w/ him.

So, don''t worry about me.
Like you say, it''s first come first serve.
Ah, OK. I will still keep you in mind because who knows how long it will take to find a good family!

Such a bummer to be back at work, isn''t it? Poor thing.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, "alien".
Yup, came here when I was pretty young though, back in 1980.
Given the fact that I've been living here for a good quarter of a century,
you'd think I would be fluent in English huh?

How about yourself?

Yea, not too thrilled about going back to work.
But there are days when I'm actually looking forward to putting her at the daycare -- her non-napping days when she's driving me up the walls

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
Wow, $55 mil in reno. The ship must be really revamped.
That''s good for you guys then :)
Yea, that''s one of the things we liked about Celebrity when DH researched for our first cruise.
We are not social butterflies and want a more serene atmosphere.
Celebrity is more on the upscale side which makes for a more nice and relaxed vacation.

Is Co sleeping better these last couple of days?

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
Awww poor Jake, he''ll probably have more days of falling or being drop since he''s got 2 doting big sisters
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 1:11:20 PM
Hehe, ''alien''.
Yup, came here when I was pretty young though, back in 1980.
Given the fact that I''ve been living here for a good quarter of a century,
you''d think I would be fluent in English huh?

How about yourself?

Yea, not too thrilled about going back to work.
But there are days when I''m actually looking forward to putting her at the daycare -- her non-napping days when she''s driving me up the walls
Came here in ''73 when I was a few months old. Korean was my first language but I am far more fluent in English and don''t consider myself a Korean speaker.

I know a lot of women who will admit that daycare is a nice break. Heck, I never realized how much easier it is when you have help, and I considered myself in control of the situation. My mom takes care of her a few days a week and I honestly don''t know what to do with myself!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mamas!

So I was thinking today about how much she already communicates (w/o words or signs). We were playing in her room and she pulled up on her crib. I thought "oh, maybe she wants a nap." Put her in walked out of the room and sure enough she fell asleep. She does the same thing with her highchair. It''s pretty cool. She also has a fun new game. She throws a block and seriously thinks it is the FUNNIEST thing EVER. So then she crawls, picks it up and throws it again. She did this for like 30 minutes.

Better get back to cleaning. The inlaws are coming tomorrow.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 6:27:06 PM
Came here in ''73 when I was a few months old. Korean was my first language but I am far more fluent in English and don''t consider myself a Korean speaker.

I know a lot of women who will admit that daycare is a nice break. Heck, I never realized how much easier it is when you have help, and I considered myself in control of the situation. My mom takes care of her a few days a week and I honestly don''t know what to do with myself!!

Have a second one
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
That''s great Tacori.
Life is so much easier when you know what they want
5.gif

Hehe, that is so cute that Tessa discover gravity.
And it''s great that she''s not making you pick it up for her.
I know some kids throw things and want their parents to pick them up for them so that they can throw them again.

Anyway, enjoy the in-laws visit
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 9:35:08 PM
Date: 9/12/2008 6:27:06 PM

Have a second one
9.gif

You ladies are so lucky. I have basically *no* help. DH is so busy he doesn''t spend as much time as he should with her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results