shape
carat
color
clarity

PS game

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so here's the game.

You have an imaginary budget of 15k to spend on one jewelry piece.

Catch is: you can't choose anything about the piece yourself. Not the type of item, not the stone or metal type. Nothing. You have to hand the entire thing it over to a Pricescoper and they get to choose the item for you with no input or hints from you except for a list of items you already have.

2nd catch: the PSer has to be either someone you have not met in person. Or if you have met it was only briefly and at a PS GTG.

Who would you pick?

My pick would be Diamondseeker.

Go!

(If the person you picked wants to they can say what they would pick for you).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's scary stuff.

I'd go with Yssie.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB.

Her pieces always look so well put together, and most colored stones I fall in love with on here have turned out to be hers. I think she has great taste and an eye for design.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pick you Gypsy!
GO! :appl: :bigsmile:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Without hesitation, I would pick Diamondseeker!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrono. Or Circe for antique pieces.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread! I choose Didiamond

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy... that's a tough one because I've met so many people in person at this point...

I would say Missy!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom is my pick. Fun thread Gypsy!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would have to be Diamondseeker or Yssie for me!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, keeping the rules of the game in the forefront, and knowing myself and my preferences, I'd choose Kenny or DF to select my $15K piece.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd give my $$ to Art Nouveau or Megave...but I don't think it would go far!! Icy Jade for pearls.

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say, queenie60 :wavey:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread Gypsy. I would pick you gypsy!!! Go!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, for sure. I love all of her rings, so she couldn't go wrong!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*stinkface. Why can't it be someone we know IRL? Cus I know FK would make that $15k go a LONG distance!

SarahBear. Because she likes halos and loud and in charge stuff, totally my style. Anything she picks, I'd like.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, b/c he would pick an Octavia or MRB on tension setting.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, Are you sure we can only pick one? I pick Missy or Kristie or Gypsy. Decisions, decisions!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Listing more than one person is fine.

Can't be someone who knows you well in real life though. That is too easy.

Kaleigh and Missy, Callie I would be honored!

:wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah 100% SB.

I'm stuck in traffic along the 5 fwy and keep thinking about other options. Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of time with many PSers so they're disqualified from my vote.

While there are many very talented PSers, it also has to do with the person's priorities too. I'd want someone who would be searching second hand or would buy from an affordable vendor, in order to maximize the budget. Someone willing to go low in color in order to maximize INYOURFACE bling. I love and admire all that Yssie knows, but she loves ideal cuts and IMO, I wouldn't want the money spend on ideal anything. DS loves higher colored stuff and ideal proportions, and doesn't like gaudy settings. Gypsy/you love the delicate metal work of SK, and I'd prefer a cheaper jewelry maker.

Unless the game was to pick a PSer who'd make it with YOUR preferences in mind... Just from "knowing" you.. Hm, then I think Gypsy or Neil. You two can hunt for bargains. I like bargains. And Gypsy, you're good at figuring out a style that's safe for each individual's way of life.

This is fun. I'm thinking way too hard for this HA!

Q

Queenie60

In no order - Pinto Bean, Gypsy or Diamondseeker, Mrs-Blop

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh ::)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,

There are so many wonderful people on PS and all the jewellery is amazing.

However, I immediately knew Diamondseeker would be my choice even before I finished reading your initial post.

I'm willing to wait in line behind you and everyone else who picked Diamondseeker.

If I tell you why I pick Diamondseeker, it will be breaking the rule about not giving hints. ;))

It can be assumed that I have no jewellery to speak of; a couple of my rings have 'shrunk' over the years. :lol:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we get to pick more than one I'm adding to my list.
Yssie and Niel.

Yssie knows how to make even the most classic settings stunning and appreciates both older and newer cuts.
Niel knows how to stretch a buck, isn't fearful of lower colours, and understands the importance of settings rather than just a big rock on a small band.

I've this were to ever happen I know I wouldn't end up with a single huge safe G colour, VS clarity diamond solitaire in the most basic setting that I could "upgrade later". Even just typing my worst case scenario made me cringe.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fun Thread! :D In no order: PintoBean, Gypsy, Yssie.... :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, AZ, Callie, June. Is it cheating if they know what I've had dreams about? Literal dreams... Lol! Missy you are out. And I would include Pyramid as well, even though she is gone. Lol!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1473070080|4073336 said:
Okay so here's the game.

You have an imaginary budget of 15k to spend on one jewelry piece.

Catch is: you can't choose anything about the piece yourself. Not the type of item, not the stone or metal type. Nothing. You have to hand the entire thing it over to a Pricescoper and they get to choose the item for you with no input or hints from you except for a list of items you already have.

2nd catch: the PSer has to be either someone you have not met in person. Or if you have met it was only briefly and at a PS GTG.

Who would you pick?

My pick would be Diamondseeker.

Go!

(If the person you picked wants to they can say what they would pick for you).

Oh my gosh!!!! I have to say that is about the most incredible compliment ever. Thank you, Gypsy, it would be my HONOR to do that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1473078873|4073352 said:
Without hesitation, I would pick Diamondseeker!

m-2-b said:
Would have to be Diamondseeker or Yssie for me!

Queenie60 said:
In no order - Pinto Bean, Gypsy or Diamondseeker, Mrs-Blop

december-fire said:
Gypsy,

There are so many wonderful people on PS and all the jewellery is amazing.

However, I immediately knew Diamondseeker would be my choice even before I finished reading your initial post.

I'm willing to wait in line behind you and everyone else who picked Diamondseeker.

If I tell you why I pick Diamondseeker, it will be breaking the rule about not giving hints. ;))

It can be assumed that I have no jewellery to speak of; a couple of my rings have 'shrunk' over the years. :lol:

Thank you all so much, this makes me so happy that you'd have me on your list! In regard to an earlier comment, I have to say that I would always keep the preferences of the person in mind rather than just buy what I would buy for myself!

decmeber-fire, you have me kind of curious!

Madelise, you will be happy to know the ring I am making now is K color! :lol: Yep, the right stone can make one change some priorities!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results