shape
carat
color
clarity

PS game

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely would have trouble naming just one person! Gypsy is absolutely perfect for diamond cut and getting CADs right which are essential to me, M2b and bright_ice are also very familiar with what I love and also have great taste, gosh, so many here have rings that I love and could easily choose for me!

One other person who is not here much I should mention...apacherose. She bought the sister stone to my AVR, which I actually bought first and then switched to the larger stone. She set it in a Sebastien Barier setting which I adore, and she bought an AVC and set it in Van Craeynest. So I know she definitely has the same loves in diamonds and setting styles that I do!

But I could name many others here who have beautiful pieces and know my preferences well enough to meet this challenge! I am just not going to name more names because I will surely leave someone out!

Gypsy, you could have made this imaginary budget like $30-50k, ya know! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1473094185|4073398 said:
HI:

I'd give my $$ to Art Nouveau or Megave...but I don't think it would go far!! Icy Jade for pearls.

cheers--Sharon

Yeah, I think we'd need to up the budget for Art Nouveau and Megeve!!! Now that would be really fun!

This fantasy is right up there with winning the lottery! :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
90% of the time I'd agree with DS's recommendation on RT... :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473125434|4073516 said:

I was thinking the same thing, ds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun idea Gypsy.

Here is what I'd pick for LLJsmom. An icy colorless EC in platinum. In that price range it would only be about 1 3/4 carat but would be a nice size. I remember you were toying with getting an EC when you were searching for your current diamond.

Marcy

screen_shot_2016-09-05_at_1.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1473126745|4073525 said:

I was trying to make it harder. But you are both right. As long as it is monopoly money, and we are having fun, let's revise the budget to 40k.

40k is your new budget folks. Might as well dream big. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would also pick AN as my second person. But I know her in person and have met her too many times, and I'm keeping that rule firm. But yes, for colored stones she would be my go to with a great budget were it not for that rule.

Megeve, though, I am off to check out her pieces.

Cozystitches and Queenie, it would be so much fun to pick your pieces.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1473129118|4073538 said:
Fun idea Gypsy.

Here is what I'd pick for LLJsmom. An icy colorless EC in platinum. In that price range it would only be about 1 3/4 carat but would be a nice size. I remember you were toying with getting an EC when you were searching for your current diamond.

Marcy

If we can go up to 40K LLJsmom EC just got a LOT bigger. :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd just like to choose directly out of Art Nouveau's jewelry box, actually! lol!

Megeve had incredible pieces from Cartier, Van Cleef, etc. and I think maybe a VCA classic emerald cut wedding set.

I think choosing for someone else, like you Gypsy, I'd have to know if I was choosing an alternative e-ring or a right hand ring. Since you already have a step cut, I am thinking something like a three stone ring with AVRs set by SK might be one of my options for you. That would give you finger coverage, the three stones would be well matched and well cut (I think 3 stone OECs are harder to do, but they are beautiful when very well matched). I guess that could go on either hand. I think a big EC with side baguettes would look awesome as an alternative ring for you as well, although that would be another step cut (and we might need to increase the budget again! lol). I just see you with simple, elegant, classy rings that are a little different than the norm. I don't see mrbs for you. I am just sticking with diamonds for this project! :bigsmile:

What would you choose for me, Gypsy?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS: the question is, is it being set in something gaudy? :naughty:

Excited to know what you're making and up to!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For you?

It depends on what I am choosing.

Maybe that would be an amendment to the rules. You get to specify type of item you would like (at least specify necklace, RHR, alternate ering, or earrings or bracelet).

For me it would be a RHR.

For you? I know you have a lot of beautiful rings. So I may want to pick a pendant and earrings for you. A suite of sapphire earrings and necklace that I worked with CVB to design for you, to go with your lovely halo ring.

Or for diamonds? It depends on the piece. You and I both have our eye on that 2.9 carat J OEC from Grace. I might get that for you as an alternate e-ring... since your daughter mentioned how modest your AVC is for PS parties! :lol: Put it in a Vancraynest setting or in a CVB setting.

You and I both appreciate quality and workmanship over size and blinginess and neither of us, in terms of everyday pieces, look for ostentation. But we do appreciate it and don't mind a little dazzle in our 'dress up' or alternate pieces.

Alternately, if you like bracelets, that might be an option. Maybe a Van Clef piece or something. Or maybe a true vintage Tiffany piece like this: http://www.langantiques.com/vintage-jewelry/tiffany-co-art-deco-diamond-bracelet.html Although that may be too ostentatious for you. The cut on the stones is fabulous though.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1473131748|4073552 said:
AGBF|1473126745|4073525 said:

I was trying to make it harder. But you are both right. As long as it is monopoly money, and we are having fun, let's revise the budget to 40k.

40k is your new budget folks. Might as well dream big. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would also pick AN as my second person. But I know her in person and have met her too many times, and I'm keeping that rule firm. But yes, for colored stones she would be my go to with a great budget were it not for that rule.

Megeve, though, I am off to check out her pieces.

Cozystitches and Queenie, it would be so much fun to pick your pieces.

If the budget is 40k, my choices are still the same. If the budget was 6 figures, I'd choose our PS trio (snort, like the VC/SK/LM trio-- gypsy, Yssie, DS).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise, that may be the funniest thing you have ever said. PS trio. hahahahaha.

I love it. The Axis of Blingle.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down, I would choose Gypsy or Yssie. If there are two people on here who work to get maximum bang for their buck it would be these two ladies.

What made me decide on them? About a million years ago, when Gypsy was designing the much, celebrated Aurora band, she made a comment about how she prefers diamond bands to eternities (for herself) because you can get bigger stones that you can actually see, instead of small stones all the way around. Hello? Is that not my life?

Yssie... LOL, she probably doesn't even remember this, but in a thread a long, long time ago, she once said when she chose her 2.7ct she went down to eye-clean J SI and then eked out every last hundredth of a millimetre she could get. Now that's dedication!

Me? I live in a small town in South Africa. $40k is nearly five years' pay for a school teacher or nurse, so I'd want something a bit more modest (Ha! Heresy, I know!) and stick to the original $15k budget! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1473129118|4073538 said:
Fun idea Gypsy.

Marcy

MARCY = MIND READER. You know I'm thinking about your E EC Marcy. I am so inspired by that icy emerald. It gives me chills. Get it?! :lol:

Thank you Marcy. I have something very specific on my vision board now. :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1473143725|4073586 said:
Hands down, I would choose Gypsy or Yssie. If there are two people on here who work to get maximum bang for their buck it would be these two ladies.

What made me decide on them? About a million years ago, when Gypsy was designing the much, celebrated Aurora band, she made a comment about how she prefers diamond bands to eternities (for herself) because you can get bigger stones that you can actually see, instead of small stones all the way around. Hello? Is that not my life?

Yssie... LOL, she probably doesn't even remember this, but in a thread a long, long time ago, she once said when she chose her 2.7ct she went down to eye-clean J SI and then eked out every last hundredth of a millimetre she could get. Now that's dedication!

Me? I live in a small town in South Africa. $40k is nearly five years' pay for a school teacher or nurse, so I'd want something a bit more modest (Ha! Heresy, I know!) and stick to the original $15k budget! :D

Thank you Trekkie, high compliment.

What type of piece do you want? Ring, bracelet, necklace, RHR, earrings?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1473145633|4073591 said:

Thank you Trekkie, high compliment.

What type of piece do you want? Ring, bracelet, necklace, RHR, earrings?

Ring or bracelet! :naughty:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom for something colourful & stylish, Niel for finding something outstanding with that budget amount, and Gypsy for finding the best cut diamonds. That would be my top 3.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ha! I know. $40k jewelry would not fit in my lifestyle and location as well as being a couple years salary. I would be afraid to go out on the street (and jewelry doesn't belong in a safe all the time). At that point, my guideline would be "whatever would hold its value best when I resell it."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm honored but I need guidance...big yellow diamond oval ring without a bow tie or something else? Yellow diamond studs as large as a 40K budget will go? Now that we have 40K to spend I don't want to make a mistake so tell me what you want and I will do my best to find it for you!

Gypsy, Love your necklace choices for me, thanks. But now that the budget is upped to 40K try again please. :cheeky:
Hint, old cut riviera. :appl:

LLJsmom, love ya and if the rule wasn't that it had to be someone we don't know IRL I know we would have been on each others list. Adam would have to watch out for us calling and visiting. :lol:

Callie, I would choose for you a gorgeous old cut dinner ring and when I have a bit of time I will search one out for you. Or would you prefer a big honking OEC? We only have another month plus before we are qualified for picking out a bling piece for each other so I have to hurry and find you one.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF or Kenny. their taste in diamonds is exquisite.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny.

He'll pick the most gorgeous step cut or coloured diamond, and set it in the most awesome tension setting or not at all (which I don't mind). :bigsmile:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun game, Gypsy! In no particular order and for the project I do want IRL, I'd choose Gypsy, Missy, Resonance of Life and ForteKitty....could you guess what I'm after with this bunch? :naughty:

But for another project, I'd choose DS, LLJsmom and Phoenix...and I'm not sure if $40k would be enough!! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, I love the round!!!

Have them size it to a five and ship it whenever it's ready. I promise to post lots of pics when it arrives! :cheeky:

And THANK YOU for choosing such a perfect lovely ring!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

$40,000 oh boy.

I'd still feel comfortable giving NKOTB a shout and saying "I want the best sapphire you can find."

Either that or I'd haggle with Art Nouveu for literally anything in her jewelry box. Or I'd fly to Singapore and kidnap Phoenix for some shopping. Either that or I'd snag Circe for an estate sale.

If I was feeling like an online excursion itd be Gypsy for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results