shape
carat
color
clarity

PS experts - opinions on this EC please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darling

Shiny_Rock
I hope the photograph shows up.

Attachments

• tragain2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,233

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t see your picture...
7.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Try renaming the picture something like darlings ec question photo 1, I cannot see it either.

darling

Shiny_Rock
This is too funny. Thirty clicks in five minutes. Don''t we all have better/more important things to do on a Sunday morning? My husband is out of town, otherwise I don''t know if I would be able to get away with it either.
Regarding the photographs, I have emailed the administator, and hope to post something soon.
Patience, patience.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here are the pictures: decreasing size and renaming does the trick. :)

darling_EC_005.jpg

darling

Shiny_Rock
2.51 EC
E VS1

Dep: 66.4
Tab: 62
Grd: Med - Sl.Thk
Cul: None
Pol: Ex.
Sym: V. Good
Flr: None

Finger size 5 3/4

The setting is temporary, but unfortunately nothing has caught my eye yet.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Darling, I think your EC is yummy!!! I even like the setting, it is clean and simple and allows the EC to be the star of the show! If you think you might like a solitaire then check out Leon Mege for inspiration. I think it looks spiffy the way it is though!

darling

Shiny_Rock
I was waiting so impatiently to receive this ring!! You would think I was getting engaged.
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">
On Friday morning the Fedex lady knocked lightly on my door and left assuming there was no one home. And I was frantically trying to keep myself occupied until the delivery. It took me another five and a half hours to have them redeliver the ring and explaining to many supervisors that it absolutely could not wait
29.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
29.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/29.gif" border="0"> until Monday.

This is after all my "Celebration" ring. I met and started dating my husband in 1986 so this is our 20th anniversary. There are also other milestones like all three of my kids being able to ski - the oh, so very important thing in life
25.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
25.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/25.gif" border="0">!

I didn''t know what I liked in terms of jewelry when we got engaged, my biggest fear was that I would get bored with whatever I chose. I didn''t know that people change and upgrade their wedding rings, I thought you were "stuck" with it, so I chose an eternity band to get married with. It took me a year and a half to make that choice. I think I appreciate this ring so much more now, that I would have eleven years ago when we got married.

The temp setting is really not my thing. It''s very lightweight and dangerous - I might injure myself or someone else. I don''t want a bezel for it though. From the top Wallermama''s ring is stunning, and from the bottom the Leon Mege buttercup prongs that Tiger just posted. The side view is what I can''t resolve.
Wish me luck.

Darling

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Why do the delivery people do that??? Our UPS guy doesn''t even knock. Most packages he just leaves on the porch without knocking at all. They don''t realize how anxious people can get over the littlest things. It''s so much fun when things appear at your door.
1.gif

Can''t wait to see what you decide to set it in. I just adore emerald cuts.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely LOVE your EC!
23.gif
It looks enormous and so bright! I too like the setting that it''s in, but it''s you who has to love it. I''m no expert . . . just that I have an EC too and know what I like when my eyes see it. If you love it, then that''s what matters.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and perfect!
emsmilep.gif
Congrats on your anniversary too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your EC..it''s beautiful. I like the simple setting but can easily see it in something more blingy as a permanant home. Good luck..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Happy anniversary!!!
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful....Congratulations!!!

(And happy 20th, too!)

widget

darling

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! You know how to make a girl feel good!

Matatora, I think ndnyhagen''s ring is absolutely wonderful, it looks like has a substantial feeling to it like I would like. Leon''s creations make me weak in the knees, literally, but when I started to try rings on - the simpler ones seemed to look better on my small hand with short fingers. Maybe if I tried on a true Leon ring I would be convinced. Anyone in the Bay Area with a L.M.?
MrsSalvo, you may find this hard to believe, but I am worried about outshining my neighborhood. No one in my area is very "girlie" and into jewelry. There is also my Eastern European upringing, modesty, family with no diamonds, guilt, etc., but we won''t go into that.......
28.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
28.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/28.gif" border="0">

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Darling - I am curious if you are planning to wear your new EC with your eternity band? I think the temp setting it is in now looks good because of the size and I noticed you mentioning wanting something heftier. I would just be worried about it overpowering your wb. Have you thought about haveing a matching band made? That would look just divine imo. Just a thought.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I was so wowed by your ring I forgot.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning emerald cut diamond!!!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Sundial, thank you, I thought I had done my homework with regards to learning about this cut. I have to say that learning and understanding the numbers was the tough part (90%), once we knew what to look for and just had to see "live" stones, it was surprisingly easy. My husband took me to S.F. for my recent birthday and part of the fun was the EC research.
Just before that weekend I had read here on PS the very heated debate about color and clarity. I so wanted to be informed enough to spot a good stone without having to go with higher specs (trying to learn from Mara). Unfortunately I don''t have Mara''s skin tone, and I was sensitive to color, my husband on the other hand was looking for sparkle.
I had already been in touch with Ariel from IceStore.com, he was very helpful, and sent me some photographs as I had a certain shape in mind. I ended up buying the stone from Union Diamond simply because my husband insisted we pay with a credit card and it was nice not to have to pay the sales tax also.

The only reason I came to have this diamond is because one day a few months ago I stumbled upon Pricescope. The knowledge all of you share with us newbies is so appreciated.
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Ilovesparkles, I think I better tell the truth. The band you are seeing is my $120 five tiny diamonds ring I bought at Macy''s two years ago. I was going to Europe with my three kids, and wanted one set of cordinated white metal jewelry that was small and practical. Now I put it with my EC, because I needed more weight on my finger.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!! I know what you mean about outshining others--my extended family doesn''t understand AT ALL my facination. Hey, but "a thing of beauty is a joy forever..."

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2006 6:03:27 PM
Author: justjulia
Just gorgeous!! I know what you mean about outshining others--my extended family doesn''t understand AT ALL my facination. Hey, but ''a thing of beauty is a joy forever...''
You have a ''family'' here at PS that totally understands you.
2.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! There is something so elegant about an EC diamond. It will always look elegant and wow-wow-wow what could be better than a 2.5ct EC!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yummmmmmmmmy
18.gif

I just adore ECs. so classy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!!!!!!
emstar.gif

cheers--Sharon

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Darling,
Thanks so much for the ring kudos. I am still on cloud nine over my recent, Thursday, engagement. These emerald cut diamonds are divine. A 2.5 ct. as gorgeous as yours is definitely something to strive for, one day.
37.gif

Everyone is so great here. I wanted to let you know that my jeweler came up with this custom platinum setting. It''s very simple, classic and elegant. Timeless, just as I wished. The band is a 3mm non-graduated band. It has a bit of heft to it and I like that. For inspiration, I perused Leon Mege''s site and well as the wondeful artistry from Mark Morrell. At last visit, I''m not sure that Mark was taking on any more projects. His work is amazing, though and most likely worth waiting for.
I''ve seen an EC set in a Van Craeynest setting here on PS. I think it may be Hest''s ring. I believe Van Craeynest is located in the Bay area. Just a thought but, if you think you might like a classic setting but with a bit of old-world flair, check them out. I am definitely campaigning for a Van Craeynest band for my new Fiancee.
Enjoy your new sparkler, but take care while driving!
Best regards,
Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results