shape
carat
color
clarity

Proud to present my new EC beauty!

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Next up are some perspective shots (for reference my ring size is somewhere between a 5.5 and a 6):

kif-perspective1.jpg

kif-perspective2.jpg

kif-perspective3.jpg

kif-perspective4.jpg

lexarose

Rough_Rock
and now for some FIRE :angryfire:

kif-fireshot1.jpg

kif-fireshot2.jpg

kif-fireshot3.jpg my personal fave...blue fire!

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Also I've been doing some research/thinking about how I could set the stone and I've fallen in love with the idea of a solitaire with carre cut diamonds going down the shank. The setting that a user named Blinginator chose for a cushion cut diamond is TDF (picture below hope its alright if I post this! heres the thread link :https://www.pricescope.com/communit...shion-brilliant-2-01-1-10-ratio-g-vs2.119815/). I would probably do the setting without the x-prong though.

kif-possiblesetting1.jpg

This is a picture of a similar setting from the Leon Mege website:

kif-possiblesetting2.jpg

What do you guys think of this idea for this stone?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That's ridiculously beautiful!!!! I'm in awe. Oooo, I want a step cut so badly! Drop dead gorgeous.

ETA: LOVE that setting idea! :love: :love: :love:

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Thank you Rosebloom and Enerchi! I'm hoping that a setting like this could be found for around $2500 to $3000. Do you think it would be possible if I wanted to get it made by LM?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure a Leon solitaire costs $3,000. So adding in the additional design and diamonds, I imagine this will be over your target. But I would definitely get a quote from him and from Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera and see. If they are all too high I'd try ERD.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your setting idea would look marvelous with your beautiful emerald cut diamond.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Such a gorgeous diamond!!!!!!! I love the blinganator ring, saved it in my inspiration folder long ago as a possible setting. I would remove the milgrain, keep it sleek and classic.

Here's a similar setting from Dimend Scassi: http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1AD1
Price starts at $3500 in WG. Baguettes and Carre cut diamonds are much more expensive than rounds. I doubt you'll find that setting for less than $3.5k anywhere. Also bear in mind the side stones would definitely bring out the K color. I took my K EC to a few local jewelers and put it in all types of settings. Even in the Harry Winston style with tapered bag's (like MayK) it really brought out the tint. I believe Mayk had DBL cut bag's in K color for her sides so perhaps you could find a vendor willing to do that.

I ended up with a WG solitaire and honestly my stone rarely shows the tint in that setting. Paired next to my five stone G color EC band it looks great. Maybe because there is separation?

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Well I just got off the phone with Leon and I must say that I wouldn't go with him now even if he was the only person setting stones in the country! He was incredibly rude to both me and my FF and refused to set our stone because we did not purchase it from him. He even had the audacity to tell my FF to return our stone and buy one from him! Needless to say we're both very ticked off about the whole thing and will definitely not be using him to set our stone. I will be getting a quote from Steven Kirsch because I am in the tri-state area and we both would prefer not to ship our stone out to VC in California unless it was a much more competitive price. I hope that we can still find our dream setting because I kind of had my heart set on a LM piece which obviously will never be happening now :nono: . If anyone else has any suggestions on where to look and/or what to do I would still love to hear them. I will update everyone if and when we make a setting decision or if my vision for this ring has to go through any adjustments according to our budget :loopy: .

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is a dream!!! And I love the Blinginator setting.

Sorry to read about your phone call with LM... :nono:
I would contact Victor Canera anyway. It helps you to compare prices etc. I am sure you will find your dream ring!! :wavey:

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone and sorry for my long break between posts! Long story short I've started a new job as a RN and had a little bit of a indecisive period where I had trouble committing to a step cut diamond vs. getting a brilliant cut diamond. JA shipped back my EC so I could see a similar size/color/clarity radiant cut and held my EC for a few days while I decided, and I ended up falling back in love with my EC and really missing the steps and distinct patterning up against the more chaotic faceting style of a radiant. After making that decision, my FF and I went to see Chris at ERD to see if a setting inspired by asscher_girl's Sebastien Barrier would be possible in our $3000 or less budget (it is!) Chris seemed to really like our diamond and even said that it looked even high than a J in color! So at this point were waiting for the first batch of CADs which I will post as soon as I get. In the meantime here are some pictures that I took of the stone while on an outing to Croton Dam.

image_643.jpg

image_643.jpg

photo_2_28.jpg

photo_1_33.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see how this turns out! Your inspiration ring (the SB) is one of my very favorites. Great choice!

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Just received the latest CADs from Chris this afternoon. The first set looked very different from what we were visualizing but the pictures that I will be posting are closer to what I had in mind. I would love to hear any thoughts on them and anything that should be tweaked. Overall my only concern is that the CADs look more "bulky" than the inspiration but I understand that usually the images are much bulkier looking than the actual setting. Is this correct? Thanks in advance for everyone's input ! (Also in case anyone has not been following this my inspiration is asscher_girl's beautiful Sebastien Barrier EC halo setting)

agr1_2.jpg

agr2_0.jpg

agr3.jpg

agr5_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you made a thread about your can over in RT? if not I would. You'll get more traffic with a more specific title about cad. Also, people are less likely to give honest style feedback over here. Usually its just "loook lovely!". So if you want a critique, I'd start one over there. :wavey:

I love love love this stone. The setting I think does need some work, but I'll hold that for the RT thread.

lexarose

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion Neil, I just posted a new thread in RT for the setting and I'm looking forward to your and any other critiques to improve the design!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results