shape
carat
color
clarity

Proto needs help selecting Cushion

proto

Shiny_Rock
Hi again gang

My friend's sister in law is diamond hunting this time and would welcome your help in this endeavour. Diamond will be in platinum halo setting.

My understanding is that you basically need an ASET or Idealscope to tell much because there are no cut grades for cushions with GIA and no math we can do as a negative selection tool as we can do with RB cuts. However I have read that we generally want to stay below 70% for table/depth but not sure how much weight this should take. Obviously we would like a good spread for the weight.

Specifications are as follows:

Budget: up to USD 5,200 (wire payment available)
Size: 0.7ct and up
Colour: G and up
Clarity: VS2 and up OR Si1 with inclusion which will be fully hidden by halo setting (needs to be eyeclean any distance any angle once set)
Cut: something close to H&A quality but not necessarily have to be H&A

My understanding from checking various vendors:

HPD - does not stock cushions
WF - does not stock ACA or premium selection range for cushions
BG - does have a BG range for cushions
JA - can pull 3 ASET images but not seeing anything promising from their current inventory
GOG - their website has changed and is now hard to navigate. Is their consignment section gone?
BN - currently leaning towards this vendor as they have a signature range of cushions with images

Are there any other vendors who can provide GIA/AGS graded stones and provide

Friend's sister is currently being tempted to purchase a ForeverMark branded cushion with a DeBeers grading report but my understanding of this is that this is overpriced similar to HOF bradned diamonds and I am unfamiliar with DeBeers grading reports and query their conflict of interest in mining and grading their own stones. Hence I am trying to push her away from this avenue and towards something providing better value.

Any and all input greatly appreciated.

As to my previous stone which you guys were very helpful in providing input, ended up giving it to my mom as she never had an engagement ring and she loves it. C'est la vie.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
IDJ, is my vendor choice for diamonds as they are price competitive and can provide images.
give Yekutiel , shulamat, or tammy a call for assistance.

Good luck!

proto

Shiny_Rock
IDJ isnt providing any ASET/Idealscopes so thats out unless they can produce these on request

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI...GOG has their website worked out and it's pretty easy to find the type of stones you are looking for now. I dont think they
have anything in their budget/color specs at this time though.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think blue Nile is a great option in this instance. G, si-vs stones in his stone budget in the 90 point plus range.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
proto|1470141105|4061601 said:
IDJ isnt providing any ASET/Idealscopes so thats out unless they can produce these on
request

IDJ does in fact produce Ideal Aset images. Many People on here got their diamond from them with images. You have to contact them, tell them what you are looking for in spec's of a diamond, then they will provide you with the diamond images.
Thats how it works with IDJ.

Good Luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results