shape
carat
color
clarity

Prospectors on Weather Channel

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone watching this right now? They are looking for yellow topaz in Colorado, I think.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope - I was about to get excited thinking that maybe there was a surprise snow storm coming (when I read the title, weather channel registered, prospector did not :))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I was watching it right then! I am always wondrous that in such a huge expanse of terrain they winnow the prospects down to a 20 x 20 foot space and put all their efforts there. I know two guys with a sledgehammer and a pick aren't going to level a mountain, and I would rather they left the mountain intact, but why that spot and not the one 30 feet to the left?
Did you see when he pulled the blue crystal out of the loose dirt, and exclaimed that he could quit for the day and be able to pay some bills? It was a nice color for a topaz crystal, but not sure how gemmy it was, or if he was expecting to get so much for it as a mineral specimen. Color and crystal aside it wasn't going to make such a large cut stone. I don't buy into there being any reality in reality tv, but sometimes I think these guys are paris hilton in a neanderthal suit.
Did you see the globe trekker one where she is in sri lanka and goes down into a deep vertical rat hole of a sapphire mine? That was a terrifying prospect.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This was my first time seeing it, VL, but the sounds scintillating! I'll have to see if I can see the older episodes. How can this be on it's 2nd season? I've never heard of it. Is there a thread on here talking about it? I go in and out of PS, so I might have missed it. I'm on frequently again because of stress at work, and the excitement from a successful setting project

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually don't recall a thread on it, just on 'Gem Hunt.' I find Prospectors to be a lot better than the other and enjoy it, though I've heard rumors that some of it is fabricated. Still, its far more interesting than 'Gem Hunt.'

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results