shape
carat
color
clarity

Pros - what do you know about these appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Well, I bought a diamond that Richard Sherwood gave the thumbs up to. I wanted to talk to someone who I felt I knew through reading just about every post on this board. As soon as I can get a decent shot, I''ll write my whole story. But now, I need to look at my existing diamond, purchased at a maul store 15+ years ago. I want to get the exact specs so I can match it for a 3 stone? (still in the idea stage-but I do know I can''t work the new & old into the same ring) And I can''t get much farther geographically from Richard and still be in the continental US (I''m in the Seattle area).

Elliott Gemological Laboratory (Thomas B. Elliott)is listed on this site...but Northwest Gemological Laboratory www.nwgem.com is the one mentioned by my insurance agent as "the one" that "most" people use.

Anyone know anything about either of them? Would either have more of the tools (eg sarin) that are frequently mentioned?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We're not familiar with the two gemologists who you mentioned, but a lot of our clients use and recommend:

Associated Gem & Jewelry Appraisals - Seattle [No Web Site]
Christina Harrington [206] 682-5548

As we recall she's located somewhere around 4th & Pike but you should call for an appointment and directions.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
bump

anyone else - Dave Atlas? Rich? any vendors? anyone?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both may be NAJA members, but I have no direct experience with them. If I could have said more, I would have earlier. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results