shape
carat
color
clarity

Pros/cons of sourcing a diamond

P

PierreBear

Hi Pricescope Friends,

What are the pros/cons of sourcing a diamond? I guess it would be more control but what I guess it's coming down that I'm intimidated about picking the right diamond with all the information out there.

I'm mostly curious about the cons of letting the diamond maker source the diamond. Can someone share their thoughts please?

Thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of us who are regulars here source our own center diamonds. The ring maker usually sources small stones that might go in the setting. We help people here every single day find great stones. It's our hobby!

Tell us what you want and we can try to help you!

P

PierreBear

This really is a great community. I went ahead and put the question I really wanted to ask in a new thread (price difference). Hopefully it is appropriate to be so blunt as I'm still trying to be mindful of social etiquette when there are vendors involved. I would appreciate your thoughts, diamondseeker!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll check the other thread! I will be happy to help. I am about to be out for a couple of hours, though, so I won't be able to help you look until later on in the day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results