shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing with a diamond - in which light??

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, purely because I've been wondering this in my head and I knew PS would have the answers... :lol:

If one is to propose with a sparkly lump of carbon, should one do it in the worst possible light for a diamond to be seen in? You know, strip lights (romantic? lol), flat grey skies, etc) or should one find the best possible light for the diamond, such as a candleit restaurant?

In my head that latter will have that instant 'wow' factor, but would that lead to disappointment when the stone doesn't then look like like that@8"@*"6984_!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1406247177|3720122 said:
In my head that latter will have that instant 'wow' factor, but would that lead to disappointment when the stone doesn't then look like like that@8"@*"6984_!
LOL

Apologies, I really shouldn't post when laying in bed and literally falling asleep... :lol:

What that sentence should have read at the end was '... In my head the latter will have that instant 'wow' factor, but would that lead to disappointment when the stone doesn't then look like that all the time, in all lights?'

i.e. Is it better to let the lady discover the best of a stone's personality and character over time, rather than starting with its best and letting her discover flat light performance etc?

Just thought I'd see what the general view is! :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The boyfriend teases he is going to propose in a theater, slip the rock on my finger and make me wait until the movie is over to see it. :wall:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1406347939|3720829 said:
The boyfriend teases he is going to propose in a theater, slip the rock on my finger and make me wait until the movie is over to see it. :wall:
LOL! :lol:

I had forgotten I'd started this thread so that's a great (but mean) idea to come back to :lol: :mrgreen:

VirtualBoston

Rough_Rock
Never really thought about this. I'm going to look this up and adjust my LED lighting in the house :)

almazguru

Rough_Rock
Blue skies did it for me :)

edit: I didn't do it outside, it was inside a room overlooking a green valley with blue skies shining through. Because the room was darker than outside the effect was magnified quite a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results