shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal on Valentine''s Day??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I shouldn''t even go there, but lately I''ve been wondering if my BF might propose on Valentine''s Day. It''s exactly 2 weeks away and I''ve already started to imagine what i''ll be like to go back to work with a ring on my finger. :) Last time I asked my BF what are game plan should be for gifts on V-day, he just ignored the question and skirted around it. I wanted to know if we should exchange items. (V-day isn''t a big deal for us, so we usually discuss). I don''t want to get my hopes up, but I didn''t understand why he didn''t just answer the question. When it comes to engagement talk I stay away from it, so I didn''t push any further. Plus, I know he''s working on it, so I try not to make him feel that I''m painting him into a corner. Obviously I could be totally off base, and with him I just never know. Maybe I''m just hoping.

Anyway, the question is, do you suspect that your guy might propose on V-day? Have you gotten hints?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I know for sure that mine won''t, but I can''t wait to check back here to see who''s coming off the list!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhhhhh boy
am i REALLY REALLY hoping for one? YESSSS!!!
i have no idea what to expect though.. i''m gonna try and not get my hopes up too much.

i hope to see SOME valentines day proposals on here though!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
oooh, i had thought that it may have been a possibility... we had even booked a sunset sail on a catamaran for V day... that was until we looked on his work roster to see that he is working night shift! so no v day proposal for me, his birthday is today so that one is out the window too, but i am having fun guessing when it might be!! :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:32:01 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
oooh, i had thought that it may have been a possibility... we had even booked a sunset sail on a catamaran for V day... that was until we looked on his work roster to see that he is working night shift! so no v day proposal for me, his birthday is today so that one is out the window too, but i am having fun guessing when it might be!! :)

last night we went out to dinner for his bd at the resturant he proposed to his last gf in!! that was weird, and i can''t help but feel he has to top it... and it was nice!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It will happen when it will happen. I talked to my DH and he said not to do too much snooping or probing, because they put a lot of effort into the proposal... so it will happen in good time. But that being said... as a former LIW, I totally understand! I would just suggest looking your best... you never know when it will happen!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure it won''t happen on v-day. I''m planning a weekend getaway for us so it''d be pretty funny if he proposed and I essentially did all the planning for it! I know the ring isn''t done and he doesn''t have it in his possession so I''m not getting my hopes up.

caribqueen...I also wonder how it''d feel to show up to work on a Monday with a new sparkly on my finger!! sigh....

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I would really love it if it happened on V-Day because that day will be our 8-year anniversary... but I'm pretty sure it won't
39.gif
because I don't think the ring will be ready. I hope it happens for you, though! Tons of dust!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
i know for sure that he wont, but it wouldnt hurt :)

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I know there will be no proposal for us, but I''m really looking forward to hearing (and seeing pics) of my fellow LIWs'' V-day engagements!
2.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I would love to be one who announces I am engaged on the 16th... after a nice, romantic weekend.. [sigh]... we can daydream right?!
emwink.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I''m really hoping for the 14th! Actually I told FF that the 11th, 12th, or 14th would be really awesome. Not the 13th b/c of the whole Friday the 13th thing (superstition yes I know). I''m arriving on the 11th and leaving on 15th so I told him not on the 15th either because I would hate for him to propose on that day and then I have to get on a plane at 6 pm and leave him for a month.

I doubt he''s listening to any of my ring rambling. I don''t even think he has the ring yet, I hope the jeweler hurries up and gets it to him!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I''m certain mine won''t be. And that''s ok. We have fun plans anyhow!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I started to suspect last year as it got closer because he had to be holding my ring, he just had to be! Annnd he did! Apparently he hesitated because I had made a comment about how that''s stupid or something, lol..but of course in the end I thought it was incredibly sweet and I loved it. So you never know your hints might be right on.

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
My BF is so secretive now that he wont even tell me what he talks about with his father when i hear them talking about getting engaged and such! (His father cannot wait for the day!!!) I ADORE HIM!! Since i already know about the ring he wants to keep me completely out of the loop! which is good but it drives me CRAZY!!!!
11.gif

anyway BF already has the ring, its just a matter of time and the right moment. V-DAY is a romantic day but I wouldnt expect it 1) cause it is a romantic day so he might think i might expect it 2) the ring is in his hometown.. not in College Station (where we go to school) and 3) we dont usually do anything for valentines.

I cannot wait to see how many ladies are engaged after next sunday though!!! DUST TO ALL!!!!!
36.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock

Girls, I just want to say how happy I am to have found this forum. I''m a whole lot of work, but figured there just had to be others out there who could identify with my neurosis and obsessive-ness. The last couple months, it''s been on overdrive. I mean there''s no way I can tell BF this, but i think the waiting has affected me, like during work I spend lots of time on the computer staring at rings, I constantly ask male co-workers to tell me their proposal stories, and it goes on and on. I lie to myself that once I get the ring, I''ll be focused again. But I think it''ll never end. Next will be the wedding plans, and then in a few years maybe babies.

Anyway, as we take this one step at a time, I too wish everyone engagement dust (plus myself), but will keep hope alive if I don''t get a ring on that day.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
caribqueen, I'm obsessed too! I made one of my male coworkers show me his beaten-up platinum ring when I was debating what metal to get. I asked another one and his wife to help me out and show me what their worn white gold looks like.

Just now I got off the phone with FF who said we have to go out to dinner with all of his cousins + their spouses next Friday. I mentioned it sure would be nice if I could have the ring by then to make an announcement and to show everyone.
9.gif

He told me it doesn't matter if I have the ring, I could just show them the pictures from the CAD renderings online when they come to his place.
29.gif
Ugh clueless boy. He was a little tipsy when he called, so I will have to explain to him tomorrow that the CAD drawings are our secret. (our = me + FF + Pricescopers) I don't want to share anything except for the real deal!

If the jeweler doesn't get this ring done and shipped to him in time, the 14th isn't going to happen. It will be ok, just means another month of waiting since I won't be seeing him again until mid-March.
8.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''ll be amazed if my bf manages to get the time to pick out the stone and have the ring set before our wedding in October!
9.gif
There''s no way he''s going to propose on V-day, and even though it''s my ex''s weekend with the kids, I have to get them back on Saturday night because my father''s surprise 70th birthday party is at 11 on Sunday morning. Completely shoots my weekend to crap! We live over an hour and a half away, so I have to get 4 kids dressed, fed and ready and out the door by 9:15 the LATEST on Sunday morning. So much for romance Satuday night.
7.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 8:21:57 PM
Author:caribqueen
Anyway, the question is, do you suspect that your guy might propose on V-day? Have you gotten hints?

On one hand, I have a sneaky suspicion it will happen...

The next few months are really busy for us with his brother's wedding, my cousin's christening, my interviews for post-grad programs, me finishing up school, etc. So there is potential.. I know it is coming soon.. so maybe.. and I know he is planning something special for Valentine's day all on his lonesome - - I have no idea what it will be - - and this is weird for us as normally we plan together! So, who knows?

On the other hand, I don't think so.

I once said I really wanted a V-day proposal and he said it was too "cliche"! However.. I'm not sure if he is saying that to throw me off or because he for certain wouldn't' do it.

I guess only time will tell!

ms.kitty

Rough_Rock
Valentine''s day would be the greatest! But I dont think it would happen =(

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would love a Valentine''s Day proposal but I know that it''s not going to happen. I hope everyone else has better luck than me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results