shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal at 4,140 feet

MissBull

Rough_Rock
We went on a long weekend, spring snowboarding trip to VT this past weekend. Since we designed the ring together I was aware there *was* a ring, but I was completely out of the final stages of the process... no clue when/where, etc. He had definitely thrown me off with a few, "there was some problems getting the stones... things are taking longer than expected... etc." so I really didn't think it was coming *this* weekend. We are so happy and in love and, although I was excited about getting engaged, I wasn't in a hurry (I knew it would happen at the right time).

Two runs into our trip we were at the top of Killington Peak and he decides he wants to take some photos. It's a beautifully cold, clear day and I'm always down for a few pics :) I'm staring out at the other mountains and he's like, "oh, I have something for you." When I turn around, he has the ring box open!! I'm like, "omg!" and I throw my snowboard. (After chasing my snowboard haha,) I'm like, "are you serious?! are you serious?!" And he's like, "yeah... uh, don't you have to say 'yes' or 'no'??" I was like, "you didn't ASK me anything!!" We both laughed and hugged and he said, "will you marry me?" Hahaha, it was fantastic and beautiful. And we both made sure we were inside the lodge before taking that puppy out of it's box. Don't want any mishaps at 4,140 feet!! :loopy:

Now for the ring ****... :naughty:
I don't have the full specs here, but the center stone is a Canadian round 1.01, G, SI1, GIA triple ex., surrounded by six 0.1 carat, G, VS1 "conflict free" princess cuts to create a "snowflake" design. The split-shank is recycled platinum and is home to two surprise birthstones at the bottom of the "v" on each side (outside) - a blue sapphire and an alexandrite.

Caveat - all pics are taken with an iPhone so they are not the finest quality :lol:

ring3.jpg

ring4.jpg

ring5.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love snowflakes (just got a nice snowflake pendant for my move to Canada bc it's cold up here!).

I loved the story and I can't wait to see more pics! Must have shots to see the surprise stones! Beautiful!

:love:

MissBull

Rough_Rock
@vintagelover229: THANKS!! It's a little untraditional, but absolutely perfect for us. We spent quite a few months working on the design.

You can see the alexandrite in this pic (agin, iPhone crap) :lol:

alexandrite.jpg

MissBull

Rough_Rock
A few more... snowflake design underneath the setting, not sure if it's intentional. And a euro shank to keep 'er straight :Up_to_something:

euro shank.jpg

snowflake setting.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! I like the snowflake effect! Your ring is beautiful! :appl:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is beautiful and so unique. I love it :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, nice! That just because one of my PS favorites! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow! So unique and gorgeous! I hope you can post some non-iPhone pics soon! I would love to see more detail of this lovely creation!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
The snowflake design goes perfect with the proposal---CONGRATS, Its BEAUTIFUL!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love the snowflake design. Congratulations on your engagement!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story, congratulations! ::)

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! your diamond looks bigger than a carat--for sure!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
such a unique beautiful piece! Congratz !!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and so unique! I love your story that went with it, and that he gave you your perfect snowflake ring at the top of
a mountain! Congratulations!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fabulous story, I love Killington (grew up just over the NH border). Congrats!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! :appl: Can't wait for some higher res pics!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can't wait for more pics too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results