shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Alert! (My Turn)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks,

I don''t have much to say just yet, except that I''ve officially started my search for an engagement ring in earnest. I''ve already spoken with Brian Gavin, of whom I''ve read such great things on this forum, and we''re in the process of picking out a stone and ring!!!!!!!!!!

More updates to follow shortly
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

dh97

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yayyyy.

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Well, I can''t focus on work right now, so I might as well mention that what I''m leaning toward (based on Brian''s suggestion) is the 1.706 I VS2 on his blog, set as a solitaire in an elegant Tiffany-like ring. Still waiting on images--I can''t wait!
30.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck. :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
God luck with your ring search/design, and with your upcoming proposal!!
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The 1.706 I VS2 in a Tiffany setting sounds lovely. Please post pics! Good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! It sounds PERFECT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. I''ve attached the ASET image of the 1.7 I VS2. Please let me know your thoughts. It''s a new stone, so they don''t yet have the hearts image, but I will post it when I get it.

1.706 I VS2 ASET.JPG

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
And my ring preference, as of this moment. Thoughts?

Sleek Line Solitaire with Truth Head.JPG

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!

Congrats!

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
I guess my questions for the prosumers out there are:

(1) Do some of the arrows, particularly around 4:00-8:00, look a little washed out? And,

(2) What''s the reason for the darkened pits at the outer tips of some of the arrows?

Is this all because the ASET is slightly tipped (is it?)? Maybe I seem nitpicky--based on Brian''s reputation, I know I''m in good hands--but I want to make sure I''m getting Alicia the best diamond I possibly can!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW that diamond will look absolutely gorgeous in the Truth setting - what a great combo!

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your comments, redrose & Brown Eyed Girl. As for my questions, Lesley told me that the ASET image shouldn''t have come out so blurry; they''re reshooting it, and I will post it in due time.

Getting closer
18.gif

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Got the new ASET image.
36.gif

What do you all think?

Hearts image to follow late tonight / early tomorrow!

Jason ering maybe.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 11:20:32 PM
Author: the tree sees
Got the new ASET image.
36.gif

What do you all think?

I "think" it looks great! Beautiful stone and a really lovely size. It will look perfect in that setting.
bat%20eyes3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 6:37:22 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/18/2009 11:20:32 PM
Got the new ASET image.
36.gif

What do you all think?

I ''think'' it looks great! Beautiful stone and a really lovely size. It will look perfect in that setting.
bat%20eyes3.gif
BIG ditto!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ASET looks good.

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Ellen, Lorelei, and SC. Your opinions mean the world to me! I''ve attached the IS image. Hearts to follow.

BG 1.706 I VS2 IScope.JPG

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Hearts!

30.gif

If no one has anything negative to say, then I think I''m going to pull the trigger on this.

Incidentally, does anyone have any info to impart about 3D renderings of ASET images?

BG 1.706 I VS2 Hearts.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 7:30:37 AM

If no one has anything negative to say, then I think I''m going to pull the trigger on this.
There''s nothing negative about this one.
2.gif

PULL!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 7:43:57 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/19/2009 7:30:37 AM

If no one has anything negative to say, then I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this.
There's nothing negative about this one.
2.gif

PULL!
9.gif
I have something negative to say.
16.gif

I am jealous because I am not the intended recipient! Beautiful ASET, hearts and IS to boot!

PULL!
25.gif

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Ha, thanks Lorelei & Ellen!

I''m e-mailing Lesley now.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 7:58:03 AM

36.gif
1229642o3xt6zfh5z.gif
woohoo.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, no problems... :p

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 7:58:03 AM

36.gif
Alright!
yippee10.gif

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Well, I purchased the stone and the setting!
36.gif
Obviously I don''t yet have any images to share, but I just want to take a moment now to comment on what a pleasurable experience this has been.

You Pricescope members are extraordinarily helpful. I hope you have some sense of how valuable you are. Please know that I will always remember all of your contributions to this process!

Brian and Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds are also two exquisite people. I am so happy to have joined their base of loyal customers, and I look forward to making many, many future purchases through them.

Now I have to start studying at full throttle for the NY bar exam, which I''m scheduled to take at the end of July.
32.gif
Along with an impending move from DC, catching up will be difficult, but who needs sleep?
23.gif
So I''ll post pics when I get them, but will likely otherwise be MIA for the most part in the near term. Wish me luck!

All the best,

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 12:27:39 PM
Hi everyone,

36.gif
Obviously I don't yet have any images to share, but I just want to take a moment now to comment on what a pleasurable experience this has been.

You Pricescope members are extraordinarily helpful. I hope you have some sense of how valuable you are. Please know that I will always remember all of your contributions to this process!

Brian and Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds are also two exquisite people. I am so happy to have joined their base of loyal customers, and I look forward to making many, many future purchases through them.

Now I have to start studying at full throttle for the NY bar exam, which I'm scheduled to take at the end of July.
32.gif
Along with an impending move from DC, catching up will be difficult, but who needs sleep?
23.gif
So I'll post pics when I get them, but will likely otherwise be MIA for the most part in the near term. Wish me luck!

All the best,
You are very kind, thanks for those lovely words! It was a pleasure helping you although you hit a home run with this one yourself,
2.gif
and we will wait until the time is right for you to post some photos.
12.gif
Brian and Lesley are fantastic aren't they?!?

Best of luck with the bar exam and congrats on your purchase!!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You better lock that rock up, or you''ll never get any studying done!
9.gif
2.gif

Congrats, you got a real beauty! And good luck!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 12:27:39 PM
Hi everyone,

36.gif
Obviously I don''t yet have any images to share, but I just want to take a moment now to comment on what a pleasurable experience this has been.

Now I have to start studying at full throttle for the NY bar exam, which I''m scheduled to take at the end of July.
32.gif
23.gif
So I''ll post pics when I get them, but will likely otherwise be MIA for the most part in the near term. Wish me luck!

All the best,

Congrats! I can''t wait to see how your ring turns out - it''ll be gorgeous!

Good luck on the bar! I didn''t realize you were a law student (or a law student no longer I guess!). I''m in NY working at a firm this summer (one more year left, and then...probably a deferral?
14.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results