shape
carat
color
clarity

proportions for a puffy diamond heart?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond-heart

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am browsing on internet, looking at heart diamonds between 2 and 3 carats. I would like a puffy looking heart and I would know immediately which one I liked once I saw it but since I don’t have that option online I have no idea about how to find that out.
I imagine it might have something to do with depth and table proportions but I don’t know how to translate the % info into specific dimensions.
Could anyone tell me how to interpret those proportions or where I could find information about dimensions/depth/table.
Thank you

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
for heart cut diamonds they should be as long as they are wide, or in other words, a length to width ratio of 1:1

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You might find the shape selector tool located on my website useful in drawing a heart shape you prefer and then being able to email or share your drawing via this tool with diamond dealers, etc. It is all built in for sharing via email. Proportions for heart shapes are in the AGA Cut Class system, although one must say these are the most difficult stone to obtain in fine makes.

Take a look and see if these tools give you some of what you need. They are all free and can be used by anyone and shared with anyone.

diamond-heart

Rough_Rock
I appreciate your advice. I will use the shape selector tool and try to find more information on the shape I have in mind.
Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results