shape
carat
color
clarity

Pronged diamond band cutting into e-ring prongs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

I'd just like to say that I'm not exactly a newbie but haven't posted in years and decided that I just had to ask if anyone noticed a similar problem to what I am experiencing.

I am the one that has the 2.22 ct Tiffany ring with channel set sides, the Tiffany prong diamond band, the Tiffany channel set band, (those were all posted before - and are in the forum e-ring folder) and in addition I have a 2.21 ct Tiffany solitaire and a 2.52 ct four-prong basket solitaire that I haven't posted. Anyways, I love the look of the prong set diamond band with my solitaires (I hardly ever wear my channel set band - only if I am wearing the matching channel set e-ring) What I have noticed though is that the sides of the diamonds on the band are actually cutting into my solitaire prongs!! Tiffany will redo the prongs for me but I still love that look! Has anyone else ever have this problem? Short of not wearing a prong set band, what have been some of your solutions to this problem? Or are there some bands out there that will give the same look but are set so that they don't do this?

Any help or ideas are appreciated!
1.gif

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I also recently got the plain Tiffany Lucida 3mm platinum band to wear with the solitaires instead and it's a very nice look as well (makes the diamonds pop even more) but I still do love the diamond band look....
3.gif

-Shopaholic

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it has happened with my reset and I have not been wearing it very long at all! I purchased a spacer band to wear between the 2 (a 2mm twisted band) and that seems to have helped the problem.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diamond Dana, I''m sorry it is happening to you too.
8.gif
I just called my younger sis who also wears a diamond band to check hers and sure enough it happened as well!! I guess I will just wear my plain band with the solitaires....though I am starting to look at pave bands as an option too.

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Mine hasn''t cut into the prongs but it has rubbed into the "donut" area underneath the prongs. I will try and get pics this weekend

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
On closer inspection, it is scratching against the prongs a little. I''ve worn my set for about a year and a half.

Is this what yours looks like?

donut.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I bought a 2mm spacer band for that very reason and it works beautifully. It looks pretty too
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results