shape
carat
color
clarity

prong lifted? on pave setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momof3

Rough_Rock
Hi

I just noticed a prong on my pave sticking up from one of the melee? on the shank, not the halo.

i used a plyer and pushed it down gently and it went back - but has anyone had this happen? i think it could have caught on something - i often have fuzz on some of the pave...

i haven''t gotten it appraised yet!! oy
8.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm, haven''t had this happen. I would probably bring it up to the jeweler and have them do a ''prong check'' to make sure that everything is secure (wouldn''t want that melee stone going missing), and then get the appraisal done!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
The prongs should be tight enough against the crown of each stone, so that it doesn''t catch on things.

For the small types stones used in most halo style rings, it doesn''t take much to raise up a small prong.

Sweaters are notorius for causing nightmares with prongs, even on larger stones, and gloves are too.

I wouldn''t be toying with the prongs yourself. If you do any adjustments yourself, you could void your jeweler doing adjustments without charge. Also, depending on the prong style, moving one prong the wrong was can shift the stone so it is not held securely in others prongs. This especially true on shared prong designs.

Leave the maintenence work for someone qualified.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results