shape
carat
color
clarity

Projects for the Coming Year

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Thought this might be a fun thread... Post any plans/hopes/dreams-but-longshots you have for this year.

I would love to do something in a cushion or asscher RHR.
Oh, and a bezel pendant.
Oh yeah, and something blue... maybe an aqua.
I could continue this list for days.
28.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I ordered an LOGR with upgraded VS diamonds that I've been wanting forever. It needs to hold a 5mm stone, so I'm looking for a half carat something to go in there, either a sapphire, ruby or diamond. He had this setting with a diamond in it for around 2K, but he never had it without the diamond. I love the art deco inspired styling of this ring.

Here's the setting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370135466524&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I'm waiting for the right stone for this one.

I also have the 8mm size LOGR legacy with upgraded diamonds. Nothing in that ring right now. This legacy came out a lot better than my original 7mm LOGR legacy. Although the diamonds are a tad bit small on this ring than the 7mm legacy, it has nice size diamonds and much better workmanship and diamond quality. Again, I need the right stone for this one. I think since I've been upgrading, he puts a little bit better touches on the rings I've ordered.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
So much I want to do for this year:

Get my asscher aqua (cut by Gary) put into a bezel ring by James Meyer
Chocolate diamond custom made pendant (in layaway) in my hands in a couple of months
Have a couple of LOGR settings completed: the round bezel with pink toumaline and the spider looking ring set with plum spinel (both cut by Dan)
I''m in search for a OEC or a mine cut diamond that I would like to make into a pendant but this will have to be for the end of the year

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got so many projects that need finishing that it's actually a bit daunting! These should be ready in January (hopefully 2009)!

1. Pear diamond halo ring - custom made (should have been ready for Christmas but ..............)
7.gif

2. 3 tiny heart shaped diamonds (purple-pink / peachy-pink) set into a w/gold diamond pendant I've designed - very excited to see this one
3. Re-set of yellow ec diamond with 1 x white ec on each side and a trilliant (not convinced the trilliants will work)

These are lined up and waiting:

4. My scrummy Umbalite Garnet in a custom made setting (borrowing design ideas from a number of sources)!
5. Aqua asscher in diamond baguette bezel setting
6. I've been on a buying loose stones spree recently (mainly cushions) and I want to set them into LOGR Tiffany style settings (a bit like LTP's collection that has been my inspiration)

One thing I desperately want is a purple sapphire - an unheated, untreated one. It has to be just the right shade of purple AND make me go WOW. I've bought 2 recently (one has a window
7.gif
and the other is gorgeous but oval and I want a cushion). The search continues .............

and then, and then and then and then ............ oh the list is endless.

It's fun to have projects but I think my New Year's Resolution has got to be to buy less and take more time!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread!

I have three main projects:

1. A white gold ring with a blue elongated princess cut sapphire and a pink cushion sapphire, it''s in the form of a flower bouquet, the sapphires representing my children. There are two diamond "flowers" on each side of these stones. I absolutely love the design, and I''m getting to see the ring in fifteen days!!! So this one is already decided on.

2. I want to set a tiny 5mm pink spinel asscher from Dan Stair with two asscher diamonds from Diamonds by Lauren. I''m so excited by this project, but I have to save up still.

3. I want to replace my windowed pink sapphire in my weddingring (that I asked for when I knew nothing about gemstones) to a violet spinel from Gemrite, and maybe add two 1,5mm pink diamonds from Gemfrance as suprise stones, if they are nice, I''m still waiting for them. The violet spinel reminds me so much of my hubby, it''s the perfect stone for my wedding ring. Here in Finland the engagement ring is usually a band, and the wedding ring has the diamonds/gemstones.

Other projects:

A nice star rose quartz
A purple sapphire
A yellow zircon
A color change garnet or sapphire
9.gif

I want so much more money for this hobby!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some projects that will definitely be done soon:

1) Set my new blue-green tourmaline, most likely into a LOGR Legacy (Tourmaline_Lover, I know you''ll be happy to hear that!
1.gif
)

2) Purchase various pearls and set them into a ring and pendant - the ring being one of the halos from LOGR as well - Mom''s birthday present; also buy MORE pearls for rings, necklaces and studs for my mom''s friends - hmm maybe I should go into the jewelry business
2.gif

3) Mom''s mother''s day present - inspired by Lauren - which is going to be an amethyst cushion ring (also LOGR - my mom loved mine)

4) Set an alexandrite for my mom''s friend (she gave me the stone, need to find her a setting now)

Long-term projects

1) Buy a yellow tourmaline for a new ring (for me this time!)

2) Start looking for a good OEC
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2009 12:54:49 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

1) Set my new blue-green tourmaline, most likely into a LOGR Legacy (Tourmaline_Lover, I know you''ll be happy to hear that!
1.gif
)

2) Purchase various pearls and set them into a ring and pendant - the ring being one of the halos from LOGR as well - Mom''s birthday present; also buy MORE pearls for rings, necklaces and studs for my mom''s friends - hmm maybe I should go into the jewelry business
2.gif

3) Mom''s mother''s day present - inspired by Lauren - which is going to be an amethyst cushion ring (also LOGR - my mom loved mine)

4) Set an alexandrite for my mom''s friend (she gave me the stone, need to find her a setting now)

Long-term projects

30.gif
Where are those clearer cripser pictures you promised???!!!! Hmmmmm??? Waiting impatiently!!
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...technically started this year, but will be completed in the New Year - my tsavorite and diamond 5-stone RHR

something pretty and green for my mom

possibly something in red (my favorite color) for me, or purple if I can''t afford a nice enough red
3.gif

also would like to do a tsavorite pendant to go with my ring, but not sure if I''ll get to that this year or not...

That''s as far as I''ve gotten, but I''m sure the list will grow
31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
#1 Setting my aqua

and 2 diamond projects that will bore the colored stoners.
17.gif

oh--and collecting more garnets...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgrade ruby ring
Get ruby pendant
Get ruby bracelet
Find radiant cut stone for ring
Things I haven''t thought of yet
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My projects so far

Set my aqua - most likely a bezel LOGR setting

create a set of stacking rings. It not even 24 hrs into the NY and I have got that one started ;-).

Maybe this year, maybe later???

Reset my sapphire
Get another higher end colored stone, don''t know what yet.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Looks like it''s gonna be a good year for bling! Hope you have lots of luck with all these great projects. And post TONS of pics!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 4 small projects, and I think I'm one step closer on one of them.

1) Set me round Legacy LOGR with an ACA. WF has had my setting since November, and I just found a YUMMY I SI1 to set in it yesterday. I asked it to be put on hold, but haven't heard back from Katie yet, so I'll have to wait on posting the link til I know I got it. Don't want to jinx it!
2) Have setting for my Aqua Asscher designed/made. Probably going to be a non-halo'ed version of my e-ring. Double bezel, though because of how deep it is.
3) Find a really awesome 7.5mm round sapphire to fill one of my empty LOGR settings.
4) Diamonds By The Yard necklace to wear daily with my bezel diamond pendant.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 12:57:22 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

1.gif
)

2.gif

Long-term projects

30.gif

Where are those clearer cripser pictures you promised???!!!! Hmmmmm??? Waiting impatiently!!
11.gif

Haha a couple more days! I''m going back to Chicago on Saturday, where my camera USB awaits! I did try using my external HD mini USB but it''s not the same kind - wouldn''t fit
7.gif
But it''s only a matter of uploading - I''ve been taking a ton of pictures lately. Trying to convince myself that it''s worth the cold to go outside and take pictures in the snow
3.gif

Hey Lauren, I wanted to ask- where did you find your OEC? Was it eBay?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 6:17:57 PM

Date: 1/1/2009 12:57:22 PM

1.gif
)

2.gif

Long-term projects

30.gif

11.gif

Haha a couple more days! I''m going back to Chicago on Saturday, where my camera USB awaits! I did try using my external HD mini USB but it''s not the same kind - wouldn''t fit
7.gif
But it''s only a matter of uploading - I''ve been taking a ton of pictures lately. Trying to convince myself that it''s worth the cold to go outside and take pictures in the snow
3.gif

Hey Lauren, I wanted to ask- where did you find your OEC? Was it eBay?
It was ebay, indeed. A seller I googled and found some of his posts here. KingKongCrowder. Very cool to deal with!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am getting a pendant made by an etsy seller for my new citrine (deep orange), she''s sourcing another citrine for the pendant... it''s going to be a two stone. I''m so excited!

If she works out (and I have a really good feeling) I''m thinking of having a RHR made out of an 11mm rhodolite garnet I have.

And then I want a ring I saw on etsy by another seller made from a round cabochon for me. Still working on getting the stone for that.

I do want to buy a few more stones. Haven''t decided what yet. Waiting to see what catches my eye.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Setting my spessartite.
2. Finding a Paraiba.
3. Replicating the Tiffany Yellow.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 6:20:54 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

It was ebay, indeed. A seller I googled and found some of his posts here. KingKongCrowder. Very cool to deal with!

Thanks Lauren!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I need to decide what to put in my last setting. I would love to find a rose cut diamond or a ruby.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Garnets....

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 7:53:35 PM
Author: Pandora II
Garnets....
LOL, Pandora! I can appreciate your focused intensity!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2009 7:07:58 PM
Author: Harriet
1. Setting my spessartite.
2. Finding a Paraiba.
3. Replicating the Tiffany Yellow.
Harriet,
I''m dying to know why and how you are replicating the Tiffany yellow. Sound like a fascinating project.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to get a pendant (pear or round, and no idea which stone, maybe in a halo setting).

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but what does LOGR mean? I have been seeing that acronym in so many threads lately and was hoping somebody could spell it out for me?
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 11:33:45 PM
Author: mscushion
I''d like to get a pendant (pear or round, and no idea which stone, maybe in a halo setting).

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but what does LOGR mean? I have been seeing that acronym in so many threads lately and was hoping somebody could spell it out for me?
1.gif
Lord of Gem Rings, an Ebay seller (lord_of_gem_rings) that sells affordable settings.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 10:17:39 PM
Harriet,
I''m dying to know why and how you are replicating the Tiffany yellow. Sound like a fascinating project.
Why? Because it''s my dream cut.
3.gif
"Replica" may be inaccurate. I don''t want it in yellow or at such a size. Now, I''d love it in diamond, but that will have to wait. So, I need to figure out which gem to use. Pink Zircon?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 3:00:07 PM
Author: coatimundi
#1 Setting my aqua

and 2 diamond projects that will bore the colored stoners.
17.gif

oh--and collecting more garnets...
Good one!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Get my Grammy''s Star Sapphires set. Still waffling on more affordable silver or holding out for WG.

Dan Stair Spinel Asscher! I doubt I''ll be able to pull this one off this year. Oh well. I can dream.

Like Coati, I also have a diamond project that would bore the colored stoners.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot that I have a pair of Tsavorites to be set as danglies.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2009 11:16:03 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 1/1/2009 10:17:39 PM
Harriet,
Why? Because it''s my dream cut.
3.gif
''Replica'' may be inaccurate. I don''t want it in yellow or at such a size. Now, I''d love it in diamond, but that will have to wait. So, I need to figure out which gem to use. Pink Zircon?
That''s cool, so I take it that the new cutter who does museum replicas will also cut colored stones in the same shape and faceting pattern of very famous diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results