shape
carat
color
clarity

Project Runway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
"Shove some Harry Winstons up your nose!". That one had me laughing too.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is my first season to watch this show and I am really enjoying it. I like Laura''s fashions as they are very classic, but why on earth does she always wear these low cut v outfits when she is so extremely flat chested??? I agree that they want Vincent for the interest he adds to the show. He is crazy!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I missed PR last night due to a horribly-timed comcast black-out on both Bravo AND the Food Network... my two most favorite channels!!
39.gif
38.gif
39.gif
38.gif
39.gif

But I did hear the horrible news immediately from my friend... Allison was definitely one of my favs. I don''t mind Laura, and really like Ulie (or however it''s spelled). My friend and I are on Team-Michael though... she was originally a Keith fan but had to convert after his unfortunate faux-pas.

Can''t wait for the re-run!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I catch it now and then, looks fun and addicting.

Two points though...

tv is about money, so if someone nutty keeps the audience, they will not likely get rid of him or her unless totally necessary. Drama makes for good viewing so that is what is often focused on.

the "winner" of the show does not always go on to fame and fortune, and a lot of times, even the people who get the boot end up getting hired or recruited, so it is all good in the end if they have any talent...so even if someone good is gone from the show, I bet some savvy person has hired them up!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Poor Allison!

But I am super psyched that MICHAEL won again. He is one of my favorites!

And I''m glad that Robert finally did something that wasn''t boring.

And I liked that Kayne admitted that he hated his hideous dress---unlike Vincient who seems convinced that everything he touches turns to gold, when really he mostly just makes everything seem odd and akward.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 3:50:35 PM
Author: Sundial
This is my first season to watch this show and I am really enjoying it. I like Laura''s fashions as they are very classic, but why on earth does she always wear these low cut v outfits when she is so extremely flat chested??? I agree that they want Vincent for the interest he adds to the show. He is crazy!
I think Laura likes to show off her model-thin, bony collarbone, hee hee! I do like her, though...she has that "Ralph Lauren" classic American design vibe, but her designs also have a good dose of European influence, as well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just have to say that Jeffrey (bad with names, but I'm talking about tattoo neck) is such a JERK! A royal jerk. Whatever, you were an alcoholic, you've been through crap and persevered, GREAT for you. Seriously, that's great. But does that entitle you to be an @SS to other people?? There was no need for his attitude with Angela's mother. None.

I was surprised that Vincent won, although the dress he made for Uli's mom was great on her. I thought Uli would win this challenge. She has consistently been one of the best designers and she keeps *almost* winning, but then doesn't. She deserves to win one of these challenges!!

The guy who left....his dress was atrocious but I thought as a designer he was WAY better than tattoo neck, who should have been sent home.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
last night''s episode kinda stunk. i was sad to see the barbie dress maker go. uli should have won!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
My Tivo cut off RIGHT before Heidi announced who was out!!! Argh!
32.gif

I agree that Jeffrey is a big fat jerk, but Robert has struggled in the last couple challenges as well. And I did think Angela''s mom was kinda annoying. But that could just be because I don''t really like Angela. And it still doesn''t excuse behavior like Jeffrey''s. Hello? Try being professional and polite -- it will get you much farther.

I did think Uli should have won. I think they let Vincent win instead so they could justify keeping his crazy self around even longer.

Overall, I didn''t think it was a great episode. And it made me mad to listen to all the designers whine about not getting "perfect" models. I am grateful that I worked in theatre instead, where you have to learn how to design for and dress ALL body types.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. I liked Uli''s outfit and Michael''s idea of making it reversible is brilliant. Vincent''s was so so. Really disappointed in Robert given that he designs for Barbie. You would think that his designs wouldn''t be so plain. Oh and Kayne used to weigh 310 lbs! Good for him losing all that weight. What to say about Jeffery? I''m trying to read the rest of the tattoo on his neck. I''ve got the "Detroit" down.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVED the episode ... I thought it really showed how *limited* some of them are as designers. They can make frocks out of TRASH but they can''t deal with HIPS??? C''mon ... 60% or more of women are over the size most designer lines end (12). Time to WAKE UP fashionistas!

PERFECT that the "Barbie" guy got cut on this one ...

I FUZZY WUZZY HEART
Uli ... the ONLY one who made a plus-sized garment that still looked like "her style"

Michael''s was good too -- but, with a model like that: Euro Doll, kinda defeated the challenge part.

Vincent -- good for that lady, not much challenge with her body though, kinda "blah"

Angela -- I liked it ... I didn''t think it was Stevie Nicks at all, not Audrey either but...

Kanye -- fine, cute, nothing outrageously awesome though. Did look like "him" kinda flowy with dreamy patterns.

Jeffrey -- SACK, but worse than a SACK ... a weird, insulting, embarrasing SACK with a Peter Pan-ish Dickie-type collar for geez sake. PUKE.

Barbie dude -- OMIGOD. Sewing 101 experiment gone horribly, tragically awry. Nice color too, NOT!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 4:45:09 PM
Author: decodelighted
I LOVED the episode ... I thought it really showed how *limited* some of them are as designers. They can make frocks out of TRASH but they can''t deal with HIPS??? C''mon ... 60% or more of women are over the size most designer lines end (12).
Good point! It was disappointing to see. Barbie guy''s dress looked like a muu muu.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of Angela and her mom was kind of whiney, but Jeffrey was so RUDE and the outfit he designed was beyond atrocious! I have actually liked some of his other pieces. I agree that it is interesting to see how many of the designers struggled with making an outfit for a normal woman. Sad really.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Okay question for those who have seen Season 1 and 2. Have they done bridal gowns?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They did wedding gowns during Season 1.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
****NEWSFLASH****

Anyone want to see some of ALISON''s new collection for Shop Bop??? Go here for details. Looks v.v.v."must have"-ish at first glance.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pix? What was I thinking ... I liked this jacket the best ...

dahljacket.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, Alison!!! I also adore that jacket!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This week....that rocker dude did NOT deserve to win over Michael, IMO!!! His outfit was awesome, fresh, very jet-setting. I think he got robbed. He''s really a great designer. I felt bad that Angela was kicked off though I do think it was her time. Poor Kane...he was WAY too Elvis.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree completely FG! Michael has real talent and his outfit was outstanding. I thought Jeffrey's rock star outfit was every bit as over the top as Kane's "Elvis wannabe" ensemble!!! And Jeffrey is just SO rude. It was time for Angela to go. Most of her outfits are just too strange and she needs to let go of those rosette things.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 3:44:36 PM
Author: decodelighted

I''m mostly glad that MY MAN MICHAEL is *finally* getting some screen time. SO GLAD he won two weeks in a row ... (And Heidi Klum picked his ''coffee filter'' dress as her fave design of this season in some article this week).

THAT guy is PURE GENIUS. Even the red-headed Harry Winston beeeatch knows it & is always hanging out with him. Those two should be a sitcom ... Hip Hop Couture designer from the ATL & his best gal pal: Cold-As-Ice Upper East Side Daytime-Lace-Wearing Glamoramus. COMEDY GOLD.
31.gif

Oh my goodness, Michael is my #1 favorite. He is a GA boy too!

I thought he should have won the Mom challange, and I kind of thought he should have won this week too! Everything he does is great!

I also like Kayne, but only when he makes dresses (and mostly b/c he is funny).

I am ready for Vincient AND Jeffory to go home though! ICK.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
This was an interesting show because they had to design outfits for themselves.

Michael: Those seersucker cargo pants are genius.

Vincent" "I''m the twist" has to be one of the funniest lines I''ve ever heard. I''m thinking of printing a t-shirt with "I''m the twist" on it.

Angela: Rightfullly given the au revoir this week. That outfit is hideous. For a jet-setter? And the two rosettes on the butt? I don''t know who Holly Hobby is but it didn''t sound very complementary.

Jeffrey and Kayne: I liked his skull and bones t-shirt better than Kayne''s "Kayne" belt.

Uli and Laura: Looks like they could have pulled those outfits from their wardrobe at home. No surprises really.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 3:20:16 PM
Author: FireGoddess
This week....that rocker dude did NOT deserve to win over Michael, IMO!!! His outfit was awesome, fresh, very jet-setting. I think he got robbed. He''s really a great designer. I felt bad that Angela was kicked off though I do think it was her time. Poor Kane...he was WAY too Elvis.

omg! i know!! micheal kicks major butt! love him!! he got robbed again- and HUGELY robbed for the filter dress! i need some time to get over that one!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Really educational episode for me to find out what a "couture" gown means. Also finally found out what Jeffrey''s neck tatoo means. I thought his gown was second best until the New York runway show. His model really worked the gown. From her hair styling, makeup, and the way she walked the runway it just wowed me. Vincent deserved to go. Looking forward to Laura''s breakdown next week. Wonder if it''s the hormones kicking in.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does the neck tattoo mean? I was bored, I kept fast forwarding.

I think Uli got robbed! The girl always comes THISCLOSE to winning but never does. I don''t think Jeffrey should have won over her.

However, it was definitely time for either Vincent or Laura to go. I think Laura should be next...every dress she makes looks almost exactly the same! So do Uli''s to some extent, but they''re nicer.
2.gif

Interesting that the ''icy'' Laura appears to have a meltdown next week!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
The tatoo says "Harrison Detroit", then in Italian "the love of my life" (I think). It''s for his son. We thought Uli was going to win too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was soo scared it was going to be micheal to get booted. SO happy it wasn''t!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 3:54:26 PM
Author: jcrow
i was soo scared it was going to be micheal to get booted. SO happy it wasn''t!
Us too. I love his line, "I was sweating like a whore in church". I have to use that sometime.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was so scared for Michael too!!! That dress was uuuuglyy, but everything else he''s done has been so great and they love "surprising" the audience by doing crap like that. So I was SOOOO relieved they finally had the nerve to kick Vincent off. I loved that the French woman''s comments on his dress were "No, no no no, no no."
36.gif

And I agree that it''s frustrating how Uli keeps ALMOST getting 1st place!! Especially this time when Heidi was saying how that''s the only one she''d want to wear because it was so beautiful and everything. Also, last episode when they were yelling at her for making a dress that "only" looks right in Miami, LA, San Tropez, or 9 other cities?!?! What was that about it?!? They were making dresses for THEMSELVES as JET SETTERS which Uli did 100%!! THOSE are the places she goes for parties, so why should she be punished just because she couldn''t wear her dress to some random other party she wouldn''t go to?? If her client were some super sophisticated Frenchwoman then the dress might not have been appropriate but they were explicitly designing for themselves that time! Okay sorry that bugged me.
20.gif

I agree that it''s probably Laura''s turn next time.... They keep insulting Kayne''s "taste", which is just mean first of all, but also I don''t think they''re THAT ridiculous!! Like for his "Elvis" shirt - again he was designing for himself and HE loved it!! It should also be interesting and in good taste for other people, but it wasn''t QUITE as absurd as they kept saying. And then with his couture dress too, I actually thought it was quite pretty! It was a bit over the top, yes, but I bet you money if some famous designer put that dress out everyone would be saying how decadent and luxurious it was instead of busy and gaudy!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I was relieved to see Vincent go and Michael survive. I actually rather liked Kayne's dress this week, but I agree that Uli was robbed. That was a terrific gown! I didn't care for Jeffrey's yellow plaid creation at all, but the judges obviously loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results