shape
carat
color
clarity

Project Runway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
OK. Any last minute guesses about who did what?
Munchkin

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap, I forgot it was on at 10 tonight...I''m going to go watch the last 15 right now!
6.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will watch it when I get home from work...thank you Tivo! Can''t come back to the thread till I do, for fear of spoilers!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrrgh forget it! I guess it started at 9 here, not 10! Damn that Eastern/Central time BS!
9.gif
There is an episode that starts at 11 here, but I don''t know if it''s the new one or not...guess I''ll find out in a few. I love, love, love this show!
36.gif
I am hoping and praying that Angela goes home tonight, along with her well-made bubble skirts.
11.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I was both shocked and appalled that I actually really liked Angela''s outfit. Of course, I think that is due mainly to the influence of Laura and Michael...but still.

And buhbye Keith. What an a$$.

Won''t miss him a bit!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 12:45:53 PM
Author: littlelysser
I was both shocked and appalled that I actually really liked Angela''s outfit. Of course, I think that is due mainly to the influence of Laura and Michael...but still.

And buhbye Keith. What an a$$.

Won''t miss him a bit!
Agree on all points! I was sooooo expecting Angela to go home when she brought out all those rosettes, but Laura & Michael tamed her and it turned out quite nice! Although...have you been to the Macy''s site?? The actual version for sale looks sooo cheap and flimsy - whoops!

And when that 89% voted it was right for Keith to go, my fiance was SHOCKED! And I was like whyyyy, he was blatantly cheating!?!?!? And he said he thought most people would have let it slide if they''d liked Keith but since everyone already hated him they were like HELLS YEAH HE SHOULD BE KICKED OFF! I don''t know about that - since they apparently (according to Tim Gunn) were told at the beginning that they explicitly had to turn in all pattern books and the like, and then a rumor started going around that someone had one a few weeks into the show so he told them AGAIN you have to turn your books in, if you do it now we won''t punish you for it, and Keith STILL had the books weeks after that. So even if it had been someone I liked (like poor Bonnie! Even though that outfit did suck), I think they would have just been getting what they deserved. But ohhhh it was satisfying that that person ended up being Keith!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe Angela won! I just can''t believe it! As soon as her outfit came down the runway I was like ''that''s never gonna win'' and then it did! Holy crap. I didn''t like most of the outfits actually.

Keith was an ass, though talented. If he really was cheating, he deserved to go as well. I was surprised they still eliminated someone after giving him the boot.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my take on the whole keith thing= why did cain have to call him out? why did the producers or whomever of the show not do so?! i mean they make the rules and don''t monitor that they don''t get broken? so it leaves a fellow design mate to do the dirty work. not fair on the designers!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Whether Kieth stayed or not didn''t matter much to me.

As far as the outfits, I liked Angela''s outfit best. I liked parts of the other 3 outfits, but I was not impressed with them as a whole. I would wear something like Angela''s (with a different top underneath. And I thought it looked pretty in the window. I usually detest everything Angela does, so I am really surprised. Now that she has immunity, I wonder if whe is planning on making an outfit completely of her "precious" rosettes just because she can get away with it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
did anyone watch wednesday''s episode? my favorite designer won the callenge. loved his outfit! and that color!!
i was happy to see that they mized it up a bit with the models having a bit of control. angela''s outfit really surprised me! i liked it!
i am sorta happy the guy that left (name??) did. i sorta felt bad for him though, and i can''t pinpoint way. he was way to nonchalant about it all to me.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
it was nice to see him finally get recognition! i thought he did a great job. i was also surprised at angela''s dress. i wanted to hate it because she annoys me so much, but i actually liked it too. i was surprised uly wasn''t in the top 3. i thought her dress was beautiful too. i can''t get enough of this show!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was so glad Michael won too! I loooved Kayne''s dress though, and part of me thinks he should have won, but I was rooting for Michael b/c I''ve liked pretty much everything he''s done but he NEVER GETS ANY AIR TIME!!! So hopefully after this win, they''ll realize he deserves to actually be on camera occasionally!! He seems so nice too, never getting involved in all the random fights in the workroom. I was also surprised to find that I liked Angela''s dress! Although I could have done with fewer rosettes on the bottom...
20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for Michael!! I was rooting for him too. He has had some FAB designs and they usually just send him off at the very beginning with a ''yes you did well enough to stay'' and that''s it. I could see Kane was pissed he didn''t win but I think Michael deserved it.

I think everyone is just shocked that Angela has been in the top the last 2 shows (won the last one, at the top on this one). She''s funky but good for her.

The guy who got the boot...needed to go. At least it wasn''t on his birthday.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Angela''s Audrey Hepburn dress was really pretty, too. However, I can''t stand her personality, her rosettes-on-everything signature, or her bubble skirts. I don''t understand her obsession with rosettes--they remind me of country arts-n-craftsy folksy stuff.
20.gif

Kane''s dress was awesome! Too bad the model had such a bony butt--even though the dress fit perfectly, it accentuated the fact that she wasn''t as "round" bottomed as Marilyn...which bugged me, lol!

Poor Robert...his Jackie O. just came out looking like Jackie NO. I hope he comes back next week with something outstanding, otherwise he''s done for.

Vincent''s Twiggy was hysterical. And I was cracking up when he referred to her in the past tense and Diane Von Furstenberg was like, "uh, she''s still alive."
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i really really want micheal to win! problem is that i don''t think he''s artsy and dramatic enough to. course, i don''t know why i just typed that because come to think of it chloe wasn''t all dramatic! and santeno (sp??) didn''t win!

so maybe there IS hope?! maybe they aren''t giving him air time to stun us in the end?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 3:38:11 PM
Author: monarch64
I thought Angela''s Audrey Hepburn dress was really pretty, too. However, I can''t stand her personality, her rosettes-on-everything signature, or her bubble skirts. I don''t understand her obsession with rosettes--they remind me of country arts-n-craftsy folksy stuff.
20.gif

Kane''s dress was awesome! Too bad the model had such a bony butt--even though the dress fit perfectly, it accentuated the fact that she wasn''t as ''round'' bottomed as Marilyn...which bugged me, lol!

Poor Robert...his Jackie O. just came out looking like Jackie NO. I hope he comes back next week with something outstanding, otherwise he''s done for.

Vincent''s Twiggy was hysterical. And I was cracking up when he referred to her in the past tense and Diane Von Furstenberg was like, ''uh, she''s still alive.''
9.gif
i know, and i really liked micheal but he''s just been off!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think Angela did a great job with the INC outfit last week. It was VERY inc! I really liked her dress this week too. I loved Michael (although I thought that there was something a little hoochie about his outfit...maybe it was the gold hardware...I didn''t like that)... I LOVED LOVED LOVED Laura''s outfit. I''d SO wear that!

As for Bradley. Poor Bradley. There is no doubt that the outfit should have sent him home...but I just thought he was soooo sweet and mild mannered! Oh well, that outfit was horrible. I was very space cowboy! I was thinking that white fitted and low pants with wide legs and some sort of red print bohemian top would have been very Cher!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooh I LOVED michaels hot pink outfit, I''m so glad he won.

And even though Angela really bugs I really liked her dress too, amazingly. I can''t understand her bubble skirts and rosettes either, ick!

I think Bradley deserved to be kicked off for that outfit though, so butt ugly! omg! he seems nice enough but never seems to know what he''s doing.

My favs are Uli, Michael and Kayne...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know who my favorite is this season? I can''t remember her name for the life of me, but she''s got platinum blond hair (not Ulee) and really has a great eye for style. She kind of reminds me of Chloe''s personality and style, but I think she''ll go even further as far as designing couture someday. Chloe''s designs are young and hip, but this blond gal seems to have even more of a "high fashion" design standard.

I do like Michael...but like someone else said, they barely give him any air time. He''s just not as full of drama as the rest of the group, I think. It seems like he kind of keeps to himself and doesn''t get distracted by much, which will probably help him get to the end or at least near it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 5:01:56 PM
...I do like Michael...but like someone else said, they barely give him any air time. He''s just not as full of drama as the rest of the group, I think. It seems like he kind of keeps to himself and doesn''t get distracted by much, which will probably help him get to the end or at least near it.
yeh, i hate that they aren''t giving him a chance to connect with the audience and vice versa.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 5:06:41 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 8/11/2006 5:01:56 PM

...I do like Michael...but like someone else said, they barely give him any air time. He''s just not as full of drama as the rest of the group, I think. It seems like he kind of keeps to himself and doesn''t get distracted by much, which will probably help him get to the end or at least near it.

yeh, i hate that they aren''t giving him a chance to connect with the audience and vice versa.

I''m wondering if they are doing this on purpose and will show him more towards the end of the show when there are less ppl.... ya know? Right now they gotta get their ratings w/the crazies while they''re still around, ie Angela.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I started to cringe when Angela drew Audrey Hepburn...visions of Eliza Doolittle the StreetWalker. But she did okay. Agreed with the bottom two this week. Either one deserved the Auf.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh no!! alison gone?! whaaaa???????
and vincent safe!?! yuck!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 11:04:46 PM

I know!!! My FI thought something horrible had happened when I started swearing up a storm in the other room. They must be keeping Vincent for the crazy factor alone. I really didn''t think Alison''s looked that bad, especially since she had a model with no waist.

I''m sad.
39.gif
She was my favorite after Michael.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh I agree. although her outfit was terrible.

they''re keeping vincent for the drama. hopefully they will get rid of him eventually though, there hasn''t been a challege where the judges weren''t scratching their heads at his design..

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am filled with RAGE! Vincent has been in the bottom three FOREVER. This was Angela''s first time. And they get rid of her? Kayne''s previous work kept him in - cause his dress was a steaming pile of ugly...

Poooo.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, sooooo mad, they need to stop letting the producers tell them to keep the high drama people in!!!! Sure you get a perverse pleasure watching Vincent be insane, but I want the BEST DESIGNERS to stay ultimately, not the "most entertaining" so GET RID OF VINCENT so we can take the show seriously!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, there was lots of angry ranting at my apartment last night too.
3.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Sad to see Allison go. That girl has talent. But as they say, one day you''re in the next day you''re out. At least she''s not delusional like Vincent, who thinks all his designs are great. Allison and Kayne knew their dresses weren''t up to snuff. And was really fun to see the other designer rip into Vincent because his model couldn''t walk in that stiff dress. What did Vincent say? That crunchiness is a turn on for me. I cracked up when I heard that.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 11:04:46 PM
Couldn''t agree more. I was STUNNED when I saw that they gave Allison the boot. Hello? Vincent''s stuff has been CRAP the entire time. This was the first time she was ever in the bottom and to get rid of her because her model is a little larger and her dress was unflattering, as compared to Vincent''s whose model couldn''t even WALK in his dress...that was total bull.

I rarely ever agree with the slicked red haired chick, but when she was saying that Vincent''s garment was crap and he should have been sent home, I had to agree.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wellllll... if I was the producer, I''d wanna keep Vincent too (and possibly feel a little guilty about the 401K life savings etc) Not that I think he DESERVES to stay.

I think Alison will be okay - she''s only 25, very pretty, very talented ... she wasn''t gonna win so now or later, ya know?... she''ll still get job offers from the exposure.

I''m mostly glad that MY MAN MICHAEL is *finally* getting some screen time. SO GLAD he won two weeks in a row ... (And Heidi Klum picked his "coffee filter" dress as her fave design of this season in some article this week).

THAT guy is PURE GENIUS. Even the red-headed Harry Winston beeeatch knows it & is always hanging out with him. Those two should be a sitcom ... Hip Hop Couture designer from the ATL & his best gal pal: Cold-As-Ice Upper East Side Daytime-Lace-Wearing Glamoramus. COMEDY GOLD.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results