shape
carat
color
clarity

Problems with starset?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karencluff

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am brand new to this site and am excited to become more knowledgeable in my search for a great Ering! My bf and I have just started looking for rings after 2yrs of being together. I LOVE the Starset Princess Cut (which this site helped me to know the name of!) Are there problems with setting the stone this way? When my bf contacted some of the jewelers they told him that their lifetime warranties did not cover the princess cut when it is set on point due to it being much more likely to chip. I REALLY want this setting but do not want to have any problems with it. Any advice??

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome!
1.gif

I haven''t had any personal experience, but from the little I do know about the princess corners being kinda fragile, I would presume "star" or "kite" setting one may be risky business...That said, if you Really love that look you should be able to find a good custom designer to make you a safe setting..?
Hopefully some of the more techy-minded ppl will weigh in here.

Congrats on ur upcoming engagement aswell!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results