shape
carat
color
clarity

Problems with Jewelry Store :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
What to do what to do.

Well, my fiance bought my ring at a store in the Chicagoland area that has three locations. He paid for the majority of the price and then was going to go back and get it another time (without me, so it would be a surprise!)

HE called a few weeks ago to to make sure it was being sized / set . (they sized me wh en i was in there and the lady wrote down the size) and it hadn''t yet been done, so he asked that they please do it and they told him they would. Fast forward to last Friday and hes going to go in the morning and pick it up. HE calsl to make sure that it''s ready and they cant even find it!! It takes them awhile... and then they admit no its not quite ready. So they assure him it will be ready by 5 pm.

He goes that evening to pick it up and on his way home he tries it on his finger and realzes it hasnt been sized at all.

So , he ended up proposing last night with the unsized ring because he didn''t want to wait. Further inspection from my nowhere near trained eye looks like it was hastily set too.

Now, we are not sure what we want to do. WE talked about returning the ring and going elsewhere, but i am really in love with the setting.

We both value customer service and we feel like they really let us down in this reguard. When spending that much money we expect better.

argh. and on top of it all, since it needed to be sized up i can only wear it on my pinky and then its really lose and i feel like its going to fall off
7.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about the problems with your ring...but congratulations on your engagement! Can you post a picture of the setting to see if we can help you locate it with another vendor? If a return is an option, I would at least consider it unless the store is willing to make amends pronto. Have you contacted them yet?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would be pretty annoyed. However, if you really love the setting, I think I''d give them one more chance to make it right. If they don''t, then I''d return it and look elsewhere.

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
fiance has been calling them today and they are telling him they do not plan to do anything to correct their error!!!

HE asked for the headguy / owner and they tell him they don''t know his schedule at all. HE called all three stores and they all told him the guy should be there on Friday

29.gif

fiance is upset and says "he needs to talk to me about this" which means he doesnt want to give them our business, which makes sense.

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 12:52:31 PM
Author: cpster
Sorry to hear about the problems with your ring...but congratulations on your engagement! Can you post a picture of the setting to see if we can help you locate it with another vendor? If a return is an option, I would at least consider it unless the store is willing to make amends pronto. Have you contacted them yet?

I am at work, i can take a photo tonight!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 1:03:26 PM
Author: Dreamcatcher
fiance has been calling them today and they are telling him they do not plan to do anything to correct their error!!!

Lemmie get this straight ... the store is refusing to SIZE THE RING? Something that basically COSTS THEM NOTHING.

If so - that is the stupidest biz strategy I''VE EVER HEARD. Get your $$ back and FAST!! Can you IMAGINE the years of future service you''ll NOT GET FROM THOSE IDIOTS?????

NO setting is pretty enough for that kind of SHODDY customer service.
15.gif

Hope you get every penny back & start fresh picking out a ring you''ll BOTH love & one that''s the right SIZE!

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
We have decided to return it. He is extremly unhappy. Don''t blame him. The rings getting bad karma now anyway b/c of all this!!

Guess we''ll start searching again !

In the meantime i will have no ring
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that stinks. I can't believe they aren't going to correct their error. That's so wrong, and now they have lost your business. As deco said no setting is worth that agravation. What ever happened to good ole customer service. Sheesh!!! It's not like you're asking for the moon here.
20.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
From what I gather, the bread and butter of the jewelry biz is repeat patronage. It doesn''t make any sense at all not to do something minimal like look at the setting again. A friend of mine had this similar thing happen and the store not only fixed it, they gave she and her husband a steak dinner to make up for it. You just have to adopt this line: "I just want you to do the right thing." Good luck!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 1:03:26 PM
Author: Dreamcatcher
Seems like there may be a communication error, which doesn''t trivialize the problem.

I know Chicago. Want to let us know which store this is? Even if just a communication problem (maybe it''s more difficult to resize than we understand?), you''re involved in the problem.

I''m sorry.

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
Reg,

The store is Fey & Company, the Lincoln Park location.

It is not a hard ring to resize (plain band on bottom, no engraving no nothing!) just plain !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamcatcher, I''m sorry to hear this, but it really might be a blessing in disguise! You know, if you have read on here very much, many of us decided to buy from online vendors and were able to get MUCH better quality stones at a reasonable price than we could ever find at a local jeweler. Maybe if you show us a picture and give us an idea of what kind of stone you''re looking for and the budget, we can help direct you to some possibilities. I highly recommend Good Old Gold and White Flash for their excellent ideal cut diamonds.

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
Heres some photos. The ring is by Coast DIamonds 18 k white gold

katiering1smallerpic.jpg

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
another picture

katiering2smallerpic.jpg

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
OH! I forgot to say i took those while it was on my fiances finger, that is NOT my hairy finger!! lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a pretty ring! But lots of jewelers carry Coast settings. My local jeweler does and the one where I am getting my new setting this weekend does. Of course, I have no way of knowing if this is an old style that your jeweler has had for awhile, so we wouldn''t know for sure if it is still available to order. But it''s a setting that you could likely find or have made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results