shape
carat
color
clarity

Problem???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Solly

Rough_Rock
Hi Folks,

There are some really great people on this site! Could you please advise.....is it safe to resize the ring in the attached graphics down by 1 to 2 finger sizes? Could it damage the ring?

Thanks!

ring1AMCH.jpg

Solly

Rough_Rock
Actual ring....(above was computer generated)

ring1BMCH.JPG

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
My friend''s ring is just like this one! She had it resized by 1.5 sizes, and it''s fine. You can''t see anything. She had it done at a local jeweler. I dont think it''ll be a problem for you either if you find a good jeweler.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it greatly depends. *Usually* you can size rings like that a size or two without problems. But at the same time, those diamonds channel set on the sides could present problems. Only way to know is to take it to a competent jeweler. Hopefully Wink or another expert will chime in here about this particular ring.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you would allow the jeweler to make the ring a tiny bit oval instead of perfectly round, I would think you can do the sizing without consequences. Most jewelers could handle this without creating any damage. Before I''d commit to doing it, I''d carefully examine how all the side stones are set. Any that are barely set might decide to pop out and then you will have extra issues.

Solly

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, that''s encouraging.

Dave, the ring is fairly new and the side stones appear firmly set (I can post a close up of the side stones later today). When you say oval, do you mean a slight flattening of the shape at the bottom half of the band so that the top half of the band (with the sidestones) is not deformed too much?

I have a good jeweller so I will probably go ahead with the resize.

Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying the ring second hand or something? I surely wouldn''t make a commitment without showing it to a jeweler.

Solly

Rough_Rock
No, not buying it second hand. I had it made quite a while ago and made a mistake with the size. I''ll see my jeweller for advice. Thanks.
37.gif

tds7112.JPG

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
There are other ways to effectively have the ring fit without having it resized...have you considered them? It would be a pity to risk ruining the ring - if you think that''s a real possibility - by resizing it if you don''t have to.

Solly

Rough_Rock
Hi Gary,

I''m not aware of the other options for getting the ring to fit. Could you please give me some advice? Actually...I did have one idea....I could ask my fiance to put on 20kg. Chuckle.
3.gif

Thanks!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!...that wasn''t what I had in mind, but rather sizing bead(s) or a ring guard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results