shape
carat
color
clarity

Problem with Payne Jewelers (aka Payne Diamonds) in Provo, UT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Military Consumer

Rough_Rock
I bought a diamond ring from Dave Payne in 2000. He delivered the ring. I sent it back to him in 2001 unused for him to sell it. He told me he would, verified receipt of the ring. He continually told me he "almost had it sold". When I left for Iraq in March of 2003, he said he would send a check for the money to my parents in one weeks time. It never came. My father contacted him and was told repeatedly that a check for the ring would be sent. Finally my fater told David Payne to send the ring back to him. David said it was in the mail. When my father asked for a tracking number David Payne never returned his call. David Payne''s voice mail is full and he does not answer the phone.
angryfire.gif

I do not recommend anyone use this Jeweler.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The industry has a resource available for the resolution of such problems, please contact The Jewelers Vigilance Committee and let them know the situation. You should also file a complaint with The Jewelers Board of Trade which is the credit rating service relied upon by the trade in considering the credit worthiness and ethics of members. These agencies combined are much more effective than your local Better Business Bureau will be in terms of actually resolving the issue for you.

Military Consumer

Rough_Rock
WOW! Thanks for that info. I sent a complaint to the BBB, but I will follow up on these two places. I really appreciate your help...and timely too.

dmonkey

Rough_Rock
I am so mad!! I gave my ring to Payne Diamonds three weeks ago to have sized and dipped into white gold. I just found out yesturday-after Dave Payne himself lied to me several time-that he has lost my ring. Not only has he lied to me and given me the run around but so has his employees. Is there anything I can do to get my ring back or get a new one or get money to buy a new ring elsewhere?I tried to log onto the jewelers board and could not. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to get in touch with them? Also is there anything that can be done to get Dave Payne punished for what he has done to his customers? A guy like this should not be doing any business anywhere! I would appreciate some advice or help onthis subject.
Missing Ring

dmonkey

Rough_Rock
I am so mad!! I gave my ring to Payne Diamonds three weeks ago to have sized and dipped into white gold. I just found out yesturday-after Dave Payne himself lied to me several time-that he has lost my ring. Not only has he lied to me and given me the run around but so has his employees. Is there anything I can do to get my ring back or get a new one or get money to buy a new ring elsewhere?I tried to log onto the jewelers board and could not. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to get in touch with them? Also is there anything that can be done to get Dave Payne punished for what he has done to his customers? A guy like this should not be doing any business anywhere! I would appreciate some advice or help onthis subject.
Missing Ring

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It seems to me that Payne Jewelers is a pain in the neck and that they need to feel the pain of the people that have been hurt by Payne's actions.

Jolie

Rough_Rock
How can someone not return a ring, and yet not provide a refund either? If he's keeping a ring that he didn't provide a refund for, isn't that just flat out theft? Can you call your local prosecutor's office or put in a report with your police? That is so outrageous, I am at a loss for words.

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
I agree - time to call the police and possibly a lawyer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results