shape
carat
color
clarity

Problem with my Ritani Wedding Band

goldenriz

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow Pricescopers!

I purchased the a Ritani Endless Love 18k white gold e-ring last year from Whiteflash. The thread is below:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ritani-endless-love-classic-collection-princess-from-whiteflash.110871/

This year I placed an order for the matching wedding band and ordered white gold 18k to match the e-ring exactly. I was told today that Whiteflash has made a mistake and has made me a platinum band instead. They are offering not to charge me any extra, but I was just wondering if it''ll look weird for my finacee to be wearing a white gold e-ring and a platinum wedding band (supposed to be a matching set). Over time won''t this look funny? Should I ask Whiteflash to make the correction or should I just enjoy the Platinum???

Thanks all for your help in advance!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
enjoy it.

stci

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t pay for platinum, just keep it and enjoy!

goldenriz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback!
emsmile.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d want the matching metals so I''d probably ask that it be changed to the WG. Over time they probably wear show were differently. WG sometimes needs to be re-plated and platinum will show patina. there are threads also where some pro advice against wearing wg and plat. next to each other. of course, that is something you have to decide for yourself.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Run with it!
37.gif
4.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:39:45 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''d want the matching metals so I''d probably ask that it be changed to the WG. Over time they probably wear show were differently. WG sometimes needs to be re-plated and platinum will show patina. there are threads also where some pro advice against wearing wg and plat. next to each other. of course, that is something you have to decide for yourself.
+1 I wouldn''t like the set over time. To me worn platinum looks totally different from WG and it would bug me. Now if it were just an extra stacker that can be worn to have fun, then I would be okay with it (I mix metals there) but as a set it would bug me.

I''d tell WF that it isn''t acceptable to me and to get me the white gold.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:26:26 AM
Author: clgwli

+1 I wouldn''t like the set over time. To me worn platinum looks totally different from WG and it would bug me. Now if it were just an extra stacker that can be worn to have fun, then I would be okay with it (I mix metals there) but as a set it would bug me.

Ditto.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:59:58 AM
Author: missydebby

Date: 6/13/2010 7:26:26 AM
Author: clgwli

Ditto.
My thoughts as well.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d change it too...I wouldn''t like the difference in wear and patina over time.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask for the wG. I prefer WG anyway, but the difference as they wear would irk me.

And, I would also be concerned about wearing the two metals together on a daily basis - you will possibly find them wearing much faster than if the same metal.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Golden, thanks for bringing this to our attention; I understand from Vera that your resolution is already underway.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 12:41:48 AM
Author: Allison D.
Golden, thanks for bringing this to our attention; I understand from Vera that your resolution is already underway.

I love happy endings.
36.gif

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
It''s cool you get to keep the platinum band and not be charged extra for it. I think though (I heard this once somewhere) that if you wear white gold and platinum together, the platinum will wear down the white gold because it''s a harder metal. Not sure if it''s 100% true - but that''s what I heard.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I would keep it, too. But, only if you are ok with them wearing slightly differently.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
To add to my previous post...There is so little metal on your rings that I don''t think it will be much of an issue at all. I would keep the platinum!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results