shape
carat
color
clarity

Pro pics are in!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Question... are you just the most beautiful bride ever?!?

just sayin'

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your sweet comments, you are all too sweet!!

B.E.G.: Yes it was in Chicago! Affinia is right around the corner from the MCA, so it worked out really conveniently for us and our guests. Not to mention we got a great group rate ($139/night for right off Michigan Avenue in Chicago, can't beat that!).

Sillyberry: Ha, the crying was a bit out of control, there's a lot more crying pictures where those came from! I mean I think I cried half the day, for real! It was a really emotional day for us and we've been through a lot in the time we've been together (2 different year-long military deployments, moves, multiple deaths in family, etc.) so it was really just overwhelming that finally after everything we were there getting married!

Bleedburnt: We are both architecture junkies, so we really wanted to try to play that up in our wedding in some way which was a large part of why we picked the venue we did. You take so much of it for granted when you live here, but a quick 1-year move to another city really opened our eyes and now we're back! It's a shame we only had a few hours for pictures because there are about 15 other spots I would have loved to get photos taken at! Sighhhh!

Mscushion: I'll pass the compliment on to hubby! I kid you not he bought SEVEN different ties and was debating them down to the last minute! He is so funny and such a clothes/style guy when he might not look like he is. Although he looks it from the outside, he's so not the typical military guy, ha.

Travelgoddess: Thanks, I am so glad I went with the yellow, even thought it was probably "too summery" but whatever! It is such a happy color!

Missdebby: Ha, thank you!! :cheeky: You are too kind!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry said:
Crazy lady, DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING "SO MANY" PICTURES!!! More is always better!

They're gorgeous and I love looking at them! I love how everyone was crying!

ditto!!

omg, these are beautiful, you are beautiful, the emotions captured are beautiful! and big ol' congrats to you & the mister!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Everything looked wonderful, I especially love your dress and flowers, just stunning!!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is just stunning!
I was wondering, did you have to have your dress hemmed?? If so how did they do that?
I love the flower type dresses but I always think about how would you go about altering it.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Love your hair
Classic and classy

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
EyeElle said:
Your dress is just stunning!
I was wondering, did you have to have your dress hemmed?? If so how did they do that?
I love the flower type dresses but I always think about how would you go about altering it.

Yes, I had it majorly hemmed! I'm only 5'1" (and a half!) and it was ridiculously long, even without the (in my mind) massive train. The thought never really crossed my mind now that I think about it! The bottom of the flowers/circles whatever you want to call them was cut off at various points even on the non-hemmed version, so it wasn't meant to be so rigid that cutting it off at a shorter length would ruin the overall look of the dress. My seamstress was amazing (my bustle was incredibly designed and secured!), and she didn't bat an eye when I walked in with the dress and had done many similar styles in the past though. I'm sure any seasoned bridal seamstress could handle it though!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, MagsyMay, your wedding looks fabulous! Thanks for posting so many pics; they are all just beautiful. You and your hubby look great together :love:

Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results