shape
carat
color
clarity

PrincessCut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ClaireDessie

Rough_Rock
I would Like to purchase a fine cut princess diamond. What deminsions should I be looking for, especially in the depth and table percentages.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
When you get the one you love (princess that is) - send it to Dave oldminer for his opinion. he is doing some serious study of these critters and is probably the worlds leading authority. Worth a small bag of gold.
Garry the idealist

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please keep in mind that just because I have given my best suggestions in the parameters in the AGA cut grading charts, it does not drive the cutters to make stones commonly in this manner. Princess cut diamonds are not consumer and advertising driven toward perfection of cutting in the way rounds are. Not yet at least.Princess cuts are "in fashion", excellent value for weight, nice looking even when cut a bit "off" and generally not available readily in grades above 3A. You might like a 3A or 3B princess cut a whole lot and decide "it's the one" for you. This is common and not much of a problem. Remember, most folks don't buy a D color or flawless stone, either. A reasonable compromise along with knowledge of the facts, is most of what consumers really want to have. Shop for beauty, price, and a comfortable fit between you and the seller....Lots of luck!------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

moediamond

Rough_Rock
If consumers are new to buying diamonds, don't ever use AGA charts. GIA specs are the foundation for diamond buying. They are simple and right to the point.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Maurice,What are GIA specs for cut proportions on a princess cut diamond?lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With respect Moediamonds, GIA have no GIAGTL officially sanctioned cut grade on round brilliants, only school lesson grades. They are a long way from beginning to consider fancy cuts - rounds will come first. They are rightfully careful that what they establish is a perfectly functioning system, because they will be in big trouble if they get it half wrong.
Dave Atlas at AGA has by far the most expertise on fancy cuts and a special interest in princess's.
I would also consider the BrillianceScope report, but dave can pick my princess's any time.
Garry Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results