shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess vs. Trillion-- a value question!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I currently have a 3 stone princess cut ring. The center is 1.13 (5.5mm square) carats, the two princesses on the side are .48 & .49 carats (4.5mm each) respectively. I don't like my ring. My center stone gets completely lost in the shuffle, and the setting is ugly. I found a similar princess cut ring with 2 trillions on the sides, a beautiful and graceful setting. So I went to my jeweler and he agreed to trade out my princess cuts for 2 trillions and we found the setting in his catalogue. We are using 5mm trillions on each side, but the interesting thing is that the stones weigh less than my current princess side stones. I will go from side stones that weigh in at .97 total to the trillions that weigh about .65 carat total weight (each 5mm stone is around .30 to .35 carats). Now I am losing about 1/3 of a carat in this swap, although the trillions LOOK larger, and the setting is by far prettier to me. My jeweler told me that the trillions cost more than princesses, and I know I got a good deal on the princess stones (they are G & H color, VS2, and I paid 1700.00 for the pair)

I am just wondering if this is truly a fair swap, I can't go any larger on the trillions or when they are set in the bar on the side of my center stone the bar will stick out farther than the center diamond!

Please help!!!

Thanks!

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results