shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess vs. Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DF

Rough_Rock
You all don''t even know how helpful you''ve been over the past several months...but the time is almost here. (And Denise at WF is even more amazing than everyone said -- she''s the best!)

Looking for some thoughts as I near decision time.

Price: $10,279
Carat weight: 1.8
Cut: Princess
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 72.4%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thick (3.2%: 3.4%-3.1%)
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.59x6.55x4.74 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.01
Crown Angle: 45.8
Crown %: 13.3
Pavilion Angle: 61.2
Pavilion %: 55.9

Price: $9600
Carat weight: 1.76
Cut: Princess
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 74.8%
Table %: 74% (4.79: 4.78-4.80)
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thin-Thick (2.8%)
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.61x6.44x4.82 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.03
Crown Angle: 44.6 (43.7-46.3)
Crown %: 10.6
Pavilion Angle: 63.0 (59.4-64.5)
Pavilion %: 61.2% (3.94: 3.91-4.00)

Thanks in advance. You guys are great!!!

- DF

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DF! You have two v nice sounding stones there - it'd be tough to go wrong w either one
1.gif
If money's an issue, go w the cheaper - if not, i'd go w #1 for the following reasons:
the extra crown height,
the smaller table,
the excellent symmetry,
it's v square &
i like the girdle a tad better, as the other's varies a lil much.

Congrats on finding two great stones
3.gif
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What did Brian the Cutter say? I think the first stone will be spectacular! The second stone is also gorgeous, but the first stone--it's worth the money in my opinion. Do you have an ideal scope image of the two stones yet or are you looking to call only one stone into WF?

DF

Rough_Rock
Both stones are on their way to WF (one today, one tomorrow). Will let you know what Brian has to say. And, again, can't say enough about how helpful Denise has been.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

-DF

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Please post the ideal scope images! It's always fun to see gorgeous stones, and to show people the importance of cut.

DF

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope for the 1.8:

(1.76 should come later today.)

IS_gia13680044.jpg

DF

Rough_Rock
Diamond image for the 1.8:

DI4.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Looking good!

DF

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope for the 1.76:

IS_176.jpg

DF

Rough_Rock
Diamond image for the 1.76:

So what do you all think????

Thanks again for your help.

-DF

DI40X_176.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What did Brian think? I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Let me think about these....

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Okay, it's official--I still think the 1.8 is a better stone
1.gif

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Definitely number one (1.8)
wacko.gif
. I didn't make my decision until I saw the pictures you posted.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
hello, i must say these are beautiful diamonds!!!!

i like the first one better, although, unless im mistaken does the second scope show a "better" light return? of course i am not nearly as experienced as the princess buffs here but i was under the impression we want to have darker reds. i do recall mmm saying something regarding black spots on the scope image and it wasn't as flashy as a stone that had a scope with less blacker areas. i don't know, perhaps mmm will chime in here. either way i think the first stone is a marvelous diamond!!!

jason

DF

Rough_Rock
Spent a while on the phone with Brian, took into account all the feedback from folks on this forum, and most importantly went with my gut -- Stone #1 it is!!!

Thanks again, everyone, and a special thanks to my new friend Denise -- White Flash has been a treat to do business with.

If anyone ever stumbles across this thread and would like some honest, unbiased feedback about WF's service, I encourage you to send me a personal message. I'm just a guy that needed help finding a great diamond and a vendor I could trust. I found both. I am indeed one happy customer...

-DF

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Very happy to hear you had a great experience
9.gif

I think you made a terrific decision
appl.gif
that stone's gotta be gorgeous!
love.gif
Congrats!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with Denise! I was SO happy I stumbled across this forum and was fortunate enough to work with Denise as a result.

As for your stone choice, I think you made a good one. Viscera912 is right that the second stone had more reds (which is highly desirable), but the first scope image just looked better overall to me in terms of light leakage and scintillation (you do want lots of black--MMM just doesn't like it to be concentrated because she can see it in the stone all the time). At any rate, I think you're going to have a seriously beautiful stone out of this process!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results