shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess super ideal pics...light leakage?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Hello all...
So, this company assures me this is a 'super ideal' meets all the specs etc., but when I got the additional photos, I had some concerns.

Should I proceed, or dangerous waters ahead? I'm NOT really in the mood to wait a week or two ( uncertain delivery dates) not like it, send it back, wait for refund to card etc.

cert (3).jpeg

would love your help any and all.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
thumbnail_Brooke Blake3.jpg thumbnail_Brooke Blake3.jpg thumbnail_Brooke Blake1.jpg thumbnail_Brooke Blake.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_Brooke Blake1.jpg
    thumbnail_Brooke Blake1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 87

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not well versed in princess cut stones but I have never seen any GIA graded diamond being sold as a super ideal cut stone. They have no light performance testing done on them. Just because the numbers may fall within the ideal cut parameters does not make them super ideal. Have you compared the images with any of the WF super ideal cut princess stones? That would probably be the first comparison to make. It could be the lighting but the darkness in these images make me doubt the performance of the cut. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait only to find out that it is subpar.

Compared to this:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-4123841.htm
They definitely need to provide you with asset images too in order to truly compare.

Hopefully, others that know much more about them than me will chime in to help!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty but I just don't know. . .I am sure more knowledgeable than me on princess cuts will weigh in. I just can't be sure about the darkness in the center of the stone.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Super ideal according to whom? Sounds like they made up a marketing line to lure you in- for one, fancy cuts aren’t graded for cut the way rounds are, and two, why does this super ideal have only a VG polish and VG symmetry grade? It’s a pretty stone but I would be wary as they might be trying to charge a premium for a common stone/are being deceptive. More info needed and a video would help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results