shape
carat
color
clarity

princess setting turned 45 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nickdef

Rough_Rock
Hi All--

I was just wondering if there is a specific name for this. Can anyone help? I have heard "twisted" but that seems to pertain to the ring and not particularly the setting itself. I don''t think that it''s that common, but I have come across it on the web, but can''t remember where it was. Thanks!

NIck

bizgk

Rough_Rock
did you have any luck finding it? i would be interested to see..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 10:21:31 AM
Author: crankydave
The thing to keep in mind with setting a P/C like this is the stone must be perfectly square and the setter must do a perfect job positioning and finishing prongs or it will look crooked.

Dave
This is very very true...I had a princess soliaire pendant that was a little off square in the l to w ratio and not realizing this, I had it set "on point" the way you''re describing. It looked AWFUL and crooked. I hated it and had it immediately reset the regular way.

This point cannot be overstated!!!!!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Diagonally set like this one.

In Europe diagonally set is common.

Also, Down the finger - East/West is common too. In fact I have set as many across the finger as North/South - down the finger.

Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results