shape
carat
color
clarity

princess pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skavatar

Rough_Rock
how does this princess look?

343%3B69%3B923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D3%3A%3B%3D%3A94%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3A532789%3Aot1lsi

343%3B69%3B923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D3%3A%3B%3D%3A94%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3A532789%3Bot1lsi

thanks

GFORCE100

Rough_Rock
I''ll let others vent their mind here but it doesn''t look good.

Looks like a VS2 clarity and no more than a VS1 but I sway more towards the former.

As for the symmetry it''s GD or Good from where I''m sitting.

In short I think you can do better

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion (not a professional here!) you have not provided enough information to make a statement on this stone. What carat weight, dimensions, color, clarity, and price are we talking about? Have you seen and compared this stone to others in person?
33.gif

If it is not an ideal cut, but you have seen it and liked it, then maybe the price would justify the purchase. What is most important to you?
1.gif

Fancy cut diamonds need to be seen to be appreciated.

Good luck with your search.
2.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Wow GForce, you must have some kind of secret weapon I haven''t heard of if you can accurately determine the symmetry and clarity grades from the pics shown!!

Now, how about color and polish?...oh, and don''t forget about light performance!

20.gif

Skavatar

Rough_Rock
GIA-NY: 1.1, H, VVS2, 71%Dep, 69%Tbl, 5.86x5.65x4.01, thin-med girdle, pol=Ex, Sym=Vg, shows a few pinpoints on report

i had only posted the pics b/c i'm not good at reading the IS image. i know a lot of red means good light return. white is light leakage. and i think black is contrast or symmetry, not sure. have not see the stone yet, have an appointment to see it this week. price of the stone will run me two months gross pay and the ring will run another month's gross pay. which is a lot since i only make $30K/yr

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skavatar,
It has nice numbers, let your eyes be the judge. Diamondexpert is right. Looks like it could be a promising stone. Good luck and let us know how you make out. Also Gforce, making such statements without having all the necessary information has me quite puzzled.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2005 11:51:47 PM
Author: Skavatar

i had only posted the pics b/c i''m not good at reading the IS image.
but it sounds like you do ! as well as anyone... You must have seen the refference chart for princess cuts on ideal-scope.com... And that should make a pretty good case for this choice: the white dot is not "bad". There was some discussion about this earlier - check out Garry''s posts if you wish.

Not sure if there is more to say about IS, but just in case, at least two shops post IS and alternative, DiamCalc and BrillianceScope tests for their princess cuts, which should bring out the correlation between their scores. Bar building up your own stock of princess cuts to devize sme theory of how the IdealSCope works or not... that''s pretty good for starters, IMO.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2005 4:59:13 AM
Author: GFORCE100
Welcome to give Pricescope the workout !
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2005 4:59:13 AM
Author: GFORCE100
I''ll let others vent their mind here but it doesn''t look good.

Looks like a VS2 clarity and no more than a VS1 but I sway more towards the former.

As for the symmetry it''s GD or Good from where I''m sitting.

In short I think you can do better
you got an amazing pair of eyes.
6.gif
how many lbs of carrots do you eat per day?
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Could be a very nice stone...you''ll definitely have to see it in person though (which you are)....and I just wanted to add that since you''re telling us that this stone is going to hurt you a bit in the wallet, why the vvs2? I, personally, would drop in clarity and save some $.

Skavatar

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/13/2005 9:33:12 AM
Author: moremoremore
Could be a very nice stone...you''ll definitely have to see it in person though (which you are)....and I just wanted to add that since you''re telling us that this stone is going to hurt you a bit in the wallet, why the vvs2? I, personally, would drop in clarity and save some $.

i used the precision search on whiteflash''s website. there were certain numbers i was looking for. this stone was one of two that fit my criteria best for the price. the other one was sold before WF could bring it in. it was a 1.2ct I Vs1 or Vs2.

anyways, i stopped by WF and looked at the stone. very clean, as white as i could tell without placing a D colored stone next to it. good fire and scintillation. very happy with it.
1.gif
it will be set in the following setting:
Reverse V Double Prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results