shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jhoran

Rough_Rock
hey all..

i notice that a lot of princess questions don''t get answered..but can ya give me advice?

first:
2.05 ct
g
vs1
6.95x7.31
depth 70
table 81
13,000 US dollars

does this table seem exceptionally large? what does that mean?

second:
2ct
g
vs2
6.9x6.8
depth 74
table 76
12,000 US dollars

i''m looking at these tomorrow afternoon (friday)
any advice is GREATLY appreciated

thanks
steve

Jhoran

Rough_Rock
hi all....please help me
1.gif

also looking at this one:

1) 1.70ct. G VVS2 E.G.L Certified 6.43x6.42x4.79mm
74.6D
72T
No flouresence $ $8780.00

Jhoran

Rough_Rock
bumping it to the top in the hopes that a knowledgable, kind person will offer me some advice
1.gif

i'm meeting the broker this afternoon....and feeling unsure..

thanks for any help

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What it all comes down to is your eyes on the diamonds but here is some information. Yes, 81% table is big enough to eat off of which is the reason for the good price. The other diamond has pretty good numbers but the good price may have something to do with the certificate. If it has an EGL or IGI certificate you might want to compare the color to a GIA colored G. Unfortunately there is no way you can check the clarity. You might want to check it under a 10x loupe and make sure there are no black inclusions that you can see after you remove the loupe. I can't teach you to grade diamond over the internet but there is always a reason for a good price. If you have a cert that says G VS2 and the diamond is actually H SI1 the price is very high. If they have a microscope, use it.
Again, be careful and do not get in a hurry or let anyone push you into a quick sale.

Jhoran

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input Bob,

I know the prices are good...this is the price from a "diamond wholesaler" who is a good friend of a friend...

so i don't know if that means i'm getting a good bargain or not..but they have had a relationship for years and years..

they've shown me the rappaport sheets etc.

i understand though..i just need to look at them in person...which i'll be doing in 3.5 hours time...

thanks again for the help..
anything else anyone may have is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results